Damage Control....Hump Day.

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Peeps.

Jen: Looks like it was just you and me y'day. Wonder where everyone was?? Had to laugh at your comment about your work out being done but cleanmax still being a WIP. That's my life in a nutshell. LOL I can't believe they soaked that chicken wrap in oil! WTH!?!? Good job with your 4.5 mile run/walk. You are getting back into it now girl! You are READY to take on CLX! Have you previewed any of it yet??? I am starting Lean on Friday!!!!:D

Dinner at MIL's was okay. I think I did a decent job at portion control through dinner and only had one tiny piece of poundcake for dessert. I tried to eyeball my portions so that I can enter them into spark. I hope I'm not totally offbase. :confused:

I was going to take today as an active rest day by just taking Centergy class tonight. By doing so though, I will have to wait to do Lean until Sunday so as not to do Push 3 and Lean 1 back to back. If I do Push 3 today, make tmrw a rest day, then I can do Lean 1 on Friday. Then Saturday is my second rest day so it's perfect! :) I thought about "cheating" and only taking one rest day this week but I'm doing so well at taking 2 that I don't want to mess it up. :cool:

BBL!

Well, I just entered my dinner into Spark. So long as my portions aren't totally off then I did okay. I am not sure how everything was prepared and cooked so I probably didn't account for some fat added while cooking but I honestly don't think last night's dinner was too bad. I think it was one of her healthier meals! :p

Mornin' chicas!

Wendy: Yep, just me and you yesterday. Does that make us uber-dedicated or just with a lot of time on our hands :p:D ? Work must have gotten in the way for most yesterday. I have to tell you that I could get used to this life of leisure! But I guess I really need to start thinking about going back to work soon. Blech!

Yay on keeping the portions under control yesterday! I seriously give you props for that, because I have learned that when I'm in any sort of social setting, that's when all my best intentions get thrown out the window. Even worse, if I'm at my mom's, it's like the minute I walk in...I'm in search of the goodies she used to keep lying around when I was a kid. I seriously don't know what happens, but going "home" is one serious trigger. I've gotten some control back since I recognized it as such, at least.

I like your plan of Doing Push 3 today. It sounds like it'll fall nicely in with your rest days, and the rest days are very important. You're right, I am soooooo ready to take on CLX! Just waiting to get the ok from the doctor next Tuesday. I have a few minor concerns I want to address with him before I go hoisting anything heavy, but the minute I hear him give me the all clear I am on it :)

Not sure what's on the agenda for today. The weather is better than yesterday, so I'll have to think of something to keep the kids entertained (and from pestering me that they're bored :rolleyes:). Maybe I'll pull out Muscle Endurance or something similar to get a light resistance workout in.

Hello to everyone who follows!

BBS~

Jen

Hi ladies,

No workout to report for yesterday. I was up early and headed downtown pretty early for a seminar. My juice fast didn't last as long as I had hoped. I ended up eating the lunch that was provided yesterday and did have fruits and veggies, but when I got to the sandwiches I couldn't resist. They had a very healthy buffet of fruits, veggies, green salad, sandwich fixin's with fresh fresh bread, turkey, ham, roast, beef, etc.

I stepped on the scale this morning and am down 2.5lbs which is a nice start. I will be heading downstairs in a few for a cardio w/o. Lowmax is sounding good this morning.

My trainer sent me an email requesting I sign up for the tri-training, t/th from 8-9pm. They need a couple more people to have the class. That's a little late for me but I guess I could make it work. I'll have to let her know today.

I got a call from DS's university that he is not doing good in school. I know he is struggling with a calculus class. DH, DS and I are meeting with the Director to find out what his options are. It's a very expensive school. I would prefer he take calculus at the community college where the sessions are longer and he would have more time to pick it up.

BTW, my basement smells like wet dog. UUGGHHHH.

Wendy-Good job eating and tracking your dinner at MIL's. I have a hard time tracking when I don't prepare the food or have the food labels to go by. I have the flat belly diet book and have been looking through that. It's basically eating 4 times a day, adding a MUFA (monounsaturated fatty acid) at every meal. Things like nuts, seeds, flax seed oil etc. They give you many meal choices for each meal and you can mix and match etc. I think the majority of the day's calories are around 1600.

Jen-I had no idea you were going back to school for your Master's Degree! If you told me I forgot. What is your current occupation? I could get used to not working either. Remember though, you are not on vacation, you are on medical leave recovering from a second surgery. Hope this time off isn't taking away any of your vacation time. Glad to hear you are feeling much better and your workouts seem to be coming along great. Don't your kids have school??

Time for me to get my workout started!

bbiab

Last edited:
Hello ladies ..

sorry I was MIA yesterday .. OMG .. PIA messes are taking me FOREVER to fix .. and everyday I find more and more .. it is really ridiculous .. found out ystdy that her lazyness on these work items have been called to the bosses attention .. I am not the only one w/their mouth open wondering WTH is he doing letting her slip by like this .. :confused: .. like I said she never ceases to amaze me ..her ability to work to get out of work and never be called on the carpet about it ... seeeee she is not even here and I am still B###ing about her :mad: ..

I canceled class last night to go see my DN play ball .. I did manage a good power walk at lunch though!! and of all things .. in the middle of the game a dang storm came up ... I re-arrange my schedule to see a game and we get pounded w/wind and rain :mad:

Tonight's class is super cardio step and ending w/an abs segment!!!

Wendy .. WTG sticking w/the 2 rest days .. sometimes it REALLY makes a difference!!!

Jen .. take it easy on muscle endurance .. that is a toughie .. dont overdo .. make those weights light ones!!!

Di .. sorry about the wet dog smell in the basement .. POO .. that is terrible .. congrats on the 2.5 # loss!! WOOOHOOO

Jacque .. today's weather looks like you are getting a break from yesterday's record temps!! We are to be around 84 this weekend!! :) Yes I am going to be brave and get myself into a bikini and lay out by the pool after my STS plyo legs workout :confused:

OK .. better run .. have a great one .. and I will try to bbl to check in on everyone!!:D

Back to report my workout: opted against ME 'cuz the kids were restless, so went outside with them for a walk/jog, and stopped at the playground while we were out so they could horse around a bit and I could do some sprints and stairs. My HRM reported a calorie burn of 415 calories for the 60+ minutes we were out. I'm okay with that. And it was seriously the most fun I've had on a run in a long time! My son totally cracks me up. Glad we did it, 'cuz now the rain is back and we're kind of housebound.

Diana, sorry about the wet dog smell! I hope you have a dehumidifier or something. I'd probably take that smell over what mine smells like after it gets wet, which is cat pee :mad: High five on the 2.5 lbs! Not bad for a couple of days, huh? I think you ended your fast with a diet friendly lunch so no worries! My kids are on their spring vacation week. I think it's a tad later than usual.

Laura, sounds like you're having a crappy week :(. I feel for your devotees tonight, 'cuz I sense a punishment coming!! Lol. Hope it does the trick and lifts your spirits.

Off to make dinner, will check back in later~

Jen

Evening Folks.

Well, my work out plan changed but the end result is the same. I still have rest days tmrw and saturday and I still get to start the Lean phase on Friday! I decided at the last minute to get up off my lazy rump and do Push 3 this afternoon and then tonight after dinner, I traded in my wednesday night yoga mat for a pair of runnin' shoes that took me 3.45 miles with Miss Grace at my side. :cool: Tmrw I may make my rest day active with some yoga/stretching if I am in the mood....especially since I nixxed Centergy. I actually feel guilty for skipping it! :eek:

Now that that's all over with I am worn out and ready for bed. :p

Jen: I hear ya on mom's house. I automatically get hungry when I walk into my mom's house! :confused: Good job on the walk/run with the kids. You did stairs too? I salute you!!! I've never had the nerve to do any stair work. I think it just might do me in! :eek: I will keep my fingers n toes crossed for ya on Tuesday when you go to the doc's! Can't wait for you to get the green light for CLX! How exciting! :D

Laura: Sorry about the PIA drama. Does it ever end? :confused: What a bummer that you cancelled class to see that game and ended up getting a beat down by the rain/wind. :eek: Yeah, I think the rest days are helping me...ALOT! I don't promise to keep 2 per week forever but for now I'm enjoying it. ;) I'll tell ya though I have to get creative about it. It can be quite a struggle to place the rest days in the appropriate places. I don't want to rest on days when I KNOW I'll be eating badly and also I try not to put them on higher cal days since I'm staggering. It's not always easy but so far I'm making it work.

Diana: Congrats on the 2.5 pounds! It's a start!!!:) So will you participate in the tri training? You should do it for the experience and the exercise even if you don't actually want to do the race! :D My low cal days are at about 1600 now that I am staggering and it's okay but I couldn't eat like this every single day for any period of time. I'd definately feel deprived. :confused: Sorry about DS not doing well in school. I hope the meeting renders a positive solution for him. I know the wet dog smell you are talking about. What about running a dehumidifier down there?

Jacque: Hello hello wherever you are!:D

K, off to put the munchkin to bed and relax for a bit!

Good night ladies.

Hiya ladies ! Can't believe it took me so long to get here, but y'day was an all day affair and a Sharks game as soon as I got home and watered the garden. Was glued to the set, fell asleep near the end but woke to see THEY WON ! Were down 2-0 so now it's 2-1, best out of 7 with another game away. Hope they can hold it together.

Today I'm loaded down at work - been away too much - and have Fri & Mon off cuz I have classes all weekend long. Can't wait to get caught up on anything in my life right now ! Perhaps next week . . .

Headache finally left this AM - need to get my post done quickly while I feel like a workout . . . :rolleyes:

Wendy – I am in for an endurance rotation. I would love to do 2 KB’s and a circuit. I want to try full body workouts for a while and see if they make any type of a difference vs. each body part once per week. I’ve never done that before – should be a good way to switch it up. Just jumped up to check and see what I have: Providence, Newport & Firepower. That should last a while, huh?

Good job on dinner last night. I know when we have family GTG's there is always a ton of food and I'm pretty much the only one who watches what they eat (I am the oldest by a good handful of years and the others haven't hit the bad metabolism yet - or are not worried about it). I also just take a couple bites of most of the food and am able to forego that which is not the best for me. Portions are def the issue when that situation arises.

Jen – good to hear you had a great time away for a few days. Know what you mean about not making your own food. I love your thoughts about counseling teens with ED’s. Way too many are hurting their bodies due to the nation’s way of thinking thin is in. On the other hand, there are those that have issues and eat too much – they need the help too ! Well I think I'd take wet dog over your CP smell too ! :p I think a 415 burn is great !

Diana - Great news on the wt loss ! Yes, Low Max sounds good - thanks for the suggestion. I'm not in the mood for an IMax which I really need ! :eek: Ewww, sorry about the wet dog smell in your "workout paradise". Do you think a little Febreeze may help? I can tell you it took away the hockey gear stench for me ! :p Good idea to use the community college for calculus. I remember business calc - I adored math up until that point - it was tough to remember all the formulas for sure !

Laura - Well I am crossing my fingers for some ba!! growth from your boss ! Somehow she needs to get what is coming to her. I remember waiting FOREVER for ex-DH to get his, but is has come in spades in the past few years. So hard to work hard and have others get away with everything. Hang in there - I'm sure your boss knows how good you are. Sorry about the rained out game - I love watching kids play sports.

We are about 80 today after a few days of 97 - 103. Pretty dang hot, but at least it cooled of most of the evenings. We are supposed to be down to the 70's by the end of the week. Will be nice cuz I won't have to water the entire yard daily - only every other day !

OK - off to hit the workout room for the first time in WAY TOO MANY DAYS !

Enjoy the evening - BB tomorrow sometime !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.