Damage Control Happy Saturday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning.

I have a feeling it will be lonely in here today. Usually gets quiet on the weekends anyway but this is a HOLIDAY weekend so it'll probably be even quieter...

We are going to my inlaws for dinner to celebrate my SIL's (DS' beloved fave aunt) Birthday so that should be fun. I really don't want to be faced with my MIL's cooking/desserts today but ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right? :eek:

So no negative reprocussions from yesterday's work out as far as I could see...aside from being exhausted by dinner time. That was okay though. I snoozed on the couch a bit and then headed to bed not too longer after I put DS out down. I feel pretty good right now!

That being said I am definitely planning on some cardio today. I am going back and forth on what to do so I'm not evening going to post anything until it's DONE! :p

I've gained some weight over the past few days. I have still been logging my eats despite my lack of work outs and have been keeping it under control yet the weight is still going up. I have been on anti-biotics since tuesday night and I know some in the O/F have said that they can cause weight gain though I don't know why. I've never noticed it before but perhaps I just wasn't paying attn. Anyway, I don't know if it was my 3 days in a row of rest or the meds that are causing this. I guess if I can continue to work out, eat well and my weight STILL goes up then I will have my answer. And just when I was getting somewhere! :mad: I was actually satisfied with the scale and with what I saw in the mirror before this happened!!! :rolleyes:

So I was thinking about it y'day and at this point I haven't done CLX in 2 weeks! I never had any intention of quitting this rotation early but I think I need to at this point. Based on y'day's work out, even if I started back up with CLX soon, I would not be where I was. I think I will begin working on putting together an official endurance rotation NOW since that is what I wanted to do next anyway. I was thinking about repeating CLX after spending some time on endurance anyway so perhaps this will be my motivation! I am bummed about this but I think I'll be even MORE bummed if I have to lessen the intensity of CLX in order to finish it.

Okay let me get this novel posted and I'll come right back with personals!

Last edited:
Diana:: The only reason reason for me to set foot in DMV in the past 4 years is for my license renewal and to register the truck when we bought it. Other then that you can do pretty much everything by mail these days. Taking a rest day due to DOMS is okay. It's proof of how hard you worked out the day before! :)

Jen:: You seriously have let stuff expire before you've renewed it thru DMV!? LOL I am a procrastinator too as my lisence expired the end of this month but I'd be too paranoid to let it go beyond the exp date! :eek: Sorry I wasn't around to stop your hersheys attack! But in all fairness, Lori sent out a forewarning...kind of like of cry for help before she actually ATE anything. You just attacked without warning! :p LOL Hope you had a fab weekend at the beach! My mom is in AC, you are at the beach. I'm so jealous! LOL

Laura:: Sending good party vibes to you!!!!! Sorry if you caught my sinus infection! :p

Jacque:: Your weekend sounds like it's packed but should be fun! How did the work bbq go? I can't tell you how many times I hear my mom in my head when I read your posts. It's wierd-good wierd but wierd. :p

My work out is done.

Here's what I did:

5 min EXT warm up
50 squats
3.5 mins tm run at moderate pace
50 plie squats
3.5 mins tm run
50 alt forward lunges
3.5 mins tm run
25 rear lunges per leg
3.5 mins tm run
1 min walking
3 mins walk up 10% grade
1 min walking
2.5 mins tm run
5 min cool down

All in all it took me 40-45 minutes to do and I was sweatin' like a beast! I used a set of 10 pound db's for every leg exercise I did and I felt it!!!

Time for a nap!:p

Hi Ladies,

I can't believe I slept in until 9am this morning. No cackling birds to wake me up this morning...it was great...that was until came downstairs to no coffee again.:mad: It was Jerod's turn last night and he also left out a big hunk of cheddar cheese! The kids have been making the coffee for a very long time, it's not a new thing for them.

Other than the boxes of shingles on the roof, no work has been done. I'm kinda glad they aren't doing it this weekend since we aren't going anywhere. We did have plenty of rain last night and expect some rain everyday this long weekend.

The plan is to finish up STS, Shoulders-Bi-Tri today and hit some cardio too. The cardio is undecided so far but hope to have a couple of long cardio sweatfests this weekend. I plan on doing only cardio this recovery week and then starting an endurance rotation when I get back from vacation.

We don't have any real plans for the weekend. Just some organizing and rearranging since oldest's DS's bedroom will become our office/library/craft room. I would like to get the computer desk moved in there as well as a desk from the basement brought up to use for my creative memories.

Wendy-It's about time you start feeling better. Your energy and strength will return in no time. About the spin bike, it was tough for me since I've never even taken a spin class before.

Lori-We do pretty good about not having too much take out. I'v also been trying to only go grocery shopping every other week to see if we can save a few bucks. It's not working very well for produce, we really need to replenish our fresh fruits and veggies weekly. Running agains the wind is awful.

Laura-Maybe you can just rename your party-Laura's Annual Pool Side Hurricane Party! All joking aside, I hope you have a safe and hurricane free party! Have a great time with Plyo legs! Love love love those w/o's....and they never get any easier.

Jen-I probably missed you....hope you have a fun weekend at the beach! I'm all too familiar with binging....they are small and you held yourself accountable too. No worries there.

Jacque-Sounds like your weekend will be pretty low-key. A nice break from the last few weekends of working, classes, tests, etc. Will you be seeing your newest GS this weekend? Can you tell, I'm really excited to see mine next weekend.

Time to get off my duff and get busy! Not sure who will be around, I'll be here all weekend and should have plenty of forum time.

ttfn

Up and got the kitchen cleaned up already. Popping in here before I do the "bookwork" and bill paying for the end of the month bills.

Wendy - good to hear yesterday's workout didn't do any harm and boy did today's workout sound like a good one. Kinda freestyle like which was great for my lower body. LOL that I sound like your Mom ! I remind myself much of my Mom too - would have been so nice to be able to have her around as I turned into the Mom/working woman. I am thankful that I have lots of great memories and have inherited many of her wonderful qualities ! :D
I would bet the scale is due to the meds if you haven't changed anything else per se. And for me lately, if I don't do cardio for too many days in a row(even if I am doing weights) I can see a small increase. But as soon as I get back to more regular cardio it drops right off. Hope that will happen for you too. The past two days should be a great start ! Enjoy the GTG today - perhaps take a few things that are "good eats" to the party or eat a nice large salad before you go?

Diana - bummer about the rainy weekend, but sounds like it will be good to keep in you indoors in order to accomplish your list for the weekend. I love it when I need to tackle the house and the weather isn't nice - forces me to get stuff done. If the sun is out though - I go outside and neglect the inside ! :p Yep, I'm a sunaholic and I admit it ! :cool: I'm a bit jealous you're done with STS today as I'd love to tackle something else - and major cardio is at the top of the list - but I really am enjoying the strength gains with the program ! I will be printing out the last two weeks in a few minutes and may just speed up my weeks a bit to finish off sooner rather than later.

Jen - if you do make it here, enjoy the beach girl ! Hope you have a spectacular time !

Lori - seems I remember you are off for a couple days here - what are you planning for our US holiday weekend? Gonna party with all your peeps here or ? ? ?

Laura - < < < no hurricanes at Laura's house today > > > How is the food stuff doing? Hope you have a great day and get lots of help so you can enjoy it !

Off to start my "stuff". Will probably pop back in later.

Hey Girls!

I started checking in earlier but the phone rang (again) and I had to get out for my run. What happen to the good ole days of checking in with my coffee first thing in the morning!? Hard to do with a 2 yr old running around.

Wendy** Did you see any results from CLX? I think the scale likes to go up when taking antibiotics. Lord knows it happened to me when I was taking them for my tooth, but in a couple of days, its gone again (once you have stopped the meds) Hope you have a good day with the fam!

Diana** No coffee again? Geez...whats wrong with those boys? Don't thiey know that their mother is alot happier when there is coffee ready? LOL DH had to get up early to open the store and he picked up a coffee for me while he was out. Problem was, i was awake an hour before I got it:mad: I even started getting a headache!

Jacque** We are having a big party in the backyard tonight. It for my BIL and b/c we live right next door to each other ,we figure that there will be people all over the place. Its probably going to be a late night, but who knows, when I get sleepy I may just disappear into my house:)

I just got back from an hour long run and it was sooo windy out. It wasn't to bad with no stroller though.

Have a good day everyone!:)

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.