Damage Control....Finally Friday...I'll drink to that! ;)

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Friends!

OMG am I sore! :eek: I knew it would come and it started yesterday even! WOW! B&G gets me every time! Awesome! ;)

A part of me wants to take a rest day today b/c I am sore and tired...but a part of me doesn't. The part of me that doesn't made me get out of bed at 4:30 so we'll see what happens....IMAX2 is my thought IF I work out. :)

The tat was driving me BONKERS y'day! In full itchy swing and man it's enough to drive you out of your mind! lol That means though that it will be completely healed soon! YAY! :D

Laura:: I've always admired ankle bracelet tats but am afraid to get one b/c a guy I know has several tats and said that the achillies tendon is a bear to get tattoed. VERY PAINFUL! Now, after how my foot felt, I'm not sure how much worse it can get :eek: but I am not chompin' at the bit to find out either! :p That's always kept me away from it. That being said, this tat was never going to be an ankle bracelet but the original idea for this one DID start out as a standard ankle tat so I can see why you might have thought that. It made many evolutions over time before it ended up as you see and where you see it. My original idea for the design on my foot was nothing like what I actually got except for the types of flowers she used in it but when she emailed me her idea, I just loved it so I went with it! YES, it's DEFINITELY about time on the bb! OMG! :rolleyes:

BBL

Last edited:
DONE! Didn't have time for the entire work out but I did manage to get it done through the 8th interval so I'm happy! :D:D:D

Good Morning!

I had a good sleep with no interuptions which makes me the stomach bug is leaving:D I had to come home from work early yesterday (that was the plan anyway) b/c he was sick again. He was so uncomfortable, his belly was so bad and I couldn't move two feet. He kept saying "mommy, sitit down" He doesn't say "sit down" LOL. He is still asleep and that's another good sign. We shall see what he is like when he wakes.

Wendy** K, you must have had something on your feet when you did Imax2? LOL Have you seen those new shoes (they aren't even shoes, more like feet gloves) that people wear running? I think they are for people you like to run barefoot. I wouldn't think there is much support with them. I seen a few people wearing them in Ottawa. I just thought of them when I thought about you! Nice job on the DOMS!

Laura** Well...it wouldn't actually be $400/m for preschool, it would be $400 more then what we pay now so it would be $622/m from $260/m. Im sure we could swing it but something else would have to give.

On that note...there is stuff being sold all over the place here. DH bought a new truck yesterday:confused: so he is selling the cap off of his other truck and now he has my jeep up for sale. We love the jeep but it isn't good for highway driving and its a bit rough. We had a couple calls about it yesterday. He figures it will be sold in no time. Then the question is...what to get next?

I am thinking about following a different training program with this marathon. My BIL gave me a marathon book last year written by Hal Higdon and it as 6 different programs. Last time I followed the program my running partner passed to me and I figured it was just as well. This time I'm gonna change it up and instead of doing 1 long run a week and winging the rest, I am actually gonna follow it day to day. I may have to rearrange stuff but that's no big deal. This program as more mileage as well. And the other thing that is different is you rest two days before your long run, not the day after. The day before the long run could be up to 8 miles. So it is diffently and bit more intense and with more mileage comes the risk of injury. My running partner called yesterday b/c she wants to get a copy of it but I don't think she will do it. Soooooo...if more mileage is coming my way, then I have to figure out what I need to eat and I really need to get to bed earlier! LOL

My UB is very sore from yesterday KB workout...gets me everytime. Im not sure what today's workout will be.

BBL!
Lori:)

Lori:: Yes, I had on sox and sneakers like a normal person. LOL I emailed my tattoo artist y'day to ask her if I could put on sox and sneakers and do cardio now that the tattoo is at the itchy stage. She said yes so I did not hesitate and I was fine! :D Yup! I have heard alot about those strange shoes. A few people here at Cathe.com do step in them,etc. The running ones are a newer release. I looked them up. They are super ugly as sin and waaay too much money to even consider seeing what all the "fuss" is about. No thank you! :p I have no opinnion/advice on your marathon training quandry except to say that I would not run more then 4 days a week when training for ANY race specifically b/c I was afraid of injury. If that meant I ran the race slower and/or was forced to walk some of it then so be it.

Hi ladies,

Reaching out for some support...I'm super stressed. I spent all day in the ER with DH, they think he has cellulitis (infection of the skin). His lower leg is super swollen, red and hot to the touch. Then during the day his HR spiked to 155 while sleeping in the bed. After about 4 hrs of that, 5 dr.'s came in and did this "flush"-medication to stop and restart the heart in a more normal pattern. It worked immediately, his HR has been around 100 since then. They admitted him to the hospital last night to make sure the IV meds are helping with the infection. He should be able to come home today so far as I know.

Jerod and I are heading to the oral surgeon in about 10 minutes. I don't anticipate any issues here. When we get home, DS 1 will need to stay with Jerod so I can go to the hospital and see what's going on with DH.

I'm a terrible stress eater...when I got home last night I had a Hershey bar and 4 or 5 ghiradellie dark chocolate squares...and a mike's hard lemonade. :mad:

bbl

TGIF LADIES .. WOOHOOO!!!!

last night class was great .. was a sweatfest for sure .. I changed it up completely .. did a bootcamp circuit style plyo class w/4 step :eek: sets were: 1 min plyo exercise- 1 lrg step up exercise - LB weighted set - UB weighted dbls set - core/plank set - at the end the legs were fried so on the LB ones I did no weight high rep exercise for last 2 circuits - 60 minute class .. YOWZA!!!! and guess what .. the class LOVED it .. it was a big change up combination wise from what I do .. kinda like I combined - plyo class with 4 step torture - w/LB and UP shaping - w-core/plank work :eek: :D

Wendy .. glad your tat is healing and your were able to wear shoes .. dont think IMAX would be doable w/o shoes .. LOL .. when your tat heals and the itchy crud is gone take another pic and post it .. I really like it .. I am still hanging on getting my other tat ... still want it .. have it in my head .. I will probably draw it out like I did my other one .. (yes I can draw/sketch. . LOL)

Lori .. I dont see how you run for so long .. girl just thinking about it wears me out .. KUDOS and amazement to you!!!!! I have not ran in SOOOO long .. I would prbly pass out at the 3 mile mark .. LOL

Hello to all that follow .. I am not sure what today will bring .. it is a MINI date night .. DH on nights .. so wont have much time w/him .. may have to skip the workout ?? .. we will see how it goes .. tmrw plan on BH cardio .. Ok .. better run .. have a great one!!!! :D It is to be 100 degrees again today w/heat index well above 110 .. sooooooooooo :cool: .. DH and I may chill in the pool a while before supper!!!

DI .. OMG .. you poor thing .. will say a prayer for your DH .. man .. and today is your DS oral surgery .. BLESS YOUR HEART .. sending some calming healing positive energy your way ... I am opposite I get stressed my tummy rebels and I cant eat anything .... only advice I can offer there .. is do whatever keeps your sanity in tact .. hopefully DS and DH will be coming home today and things will start to get better ... I will pray for you!!! hang in there ... stay positive .. dont let the negative thoughts or energy creep in .. STAY POSITIVE!!!!! Do let us know how your loved ones are ...

Diana:: ((((HUGS)))) to you. Sorry this happened but it sounds like the docs have it under control so that's good and I am sure your DS will be fine post-surgery for a little while with his brother. Keep us posted!!!! Fingers crossed that DH gets to come home today and is feeling better after being on meds for 24 hours!!!!!

Laura:: Sounds like a kick arse class! How do you come up with (and memorize) this stuff?? You seem to change things quite often. I don't know how you do it! I don't think I could. :p Sure, I will take another pic of the tat once it's healed. It looks awful today. It's in full peely swing right now. BLECH! LOL Another week tops and it'll be pretty again though. YAY! Then it's time to start mulling over what I'll do for #5! :D;) So what's the tat of that you are considering getting?

Hey Ladies,

I'm so fortunate to have you ladies to lean on. Just got home from the oral surgeon and Jerod is doing great. We stopped at Jamba Juice and I got steel cut oats with a banana. Thought I needed some nourishment after my chocolate binge last night.

Will be heading up to see my DH in about an hour, after I get jerod his next round of meds and send him to bed.

Wendy-I think you are right and everything will be much better today. DS2 went up to the hospital so I will be checking in to see how DH is doing before heading up.

Laura-thanks for the well wishes...they are working. Your class sounds fantastic. It sounds a lot like one of classes at the rec ctr near my work.

Lori-ITA w/Wendy on preschool. They learn so much and it really prepares them for kindergarten, as well as how to get along with others, sharing etc. If I remember right your DS's bday is end of Dec or early Jan, so he probably has to wait an extra year to start school.

bbl

Diana:: Glad DS is okay. Waiting to hear about DH now. Sending good vibes in the meantime! I read what you wrote to Lori about pre-school. It is amazing how much my son has grown and learned from being in the pre-school program for 2 years. He has learned so much more then he ever could have staying home with me. I am soooo greatful it was available and that we took advantage of it. He is very ready for kindergarten and looking forward to it. I am so excited for him! :)

Hey . .

Wendy .. the one I want is a combo of some that i have seen and the one I have in my mind :confused: scary huh?? I want two hearts - w/ ivey interwining them both blooming w/red rose buds on the ends of the ivey :eek: ;) I need to sit down and sketch it out .. then work on it till I am totally satisfied .. the other one I have are two hearts interwined .. so this is kinda an more elaborate extension of that .. and I would have to have it in HIDDEN place .. think LOW tramp stamp!!! LOL

Di .. soooo glad DS is home and doing well .. now to get DH healed and home . . still sending those positive vibes and healing prayers!!! Hang in there girls -

I emailed Di, Wendy and Jacque a copy of the workout i did last night .. (Lori .. I dont have your email or I would email you one out) .. Wendy .. the step routines I workout on paper then do them .. and peice together .. they are more complicated so takes a little more thinking and planning of the combos .. the BC classes I kinda plan out in chunks .. then piece together .. I pretty much stick to *cardio*weights* .. or *all weights* .. or *cardio& LB* or *cardio & UB* ..or *cardio &LB &UB & core* .. that way it is easier to plan in my mind.. and I try to work each muscle group 2 times .. if I find something fun in a video I like I will throw it in to mix it up (like the KB swings or the core rolls) .. sometimes I will have a brain fart and think OH CRAP where am I what do I do next .. LOL .. but I try to cover my stupidity w/something hard to confuse them .. LOL the usually never notice ;) :D :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.