Damage Control in February...TGIF!!!! :)

Good Morning Ladies:)

Another snow day here today:confused: Thats two this week! One good thing is I can run out and do some things I need to do while DD watches DS:) I have to get a couple of b-day gifts and run to walmart to get pampers and laundry stuff.

I decided to put the laptop on the floor with us cause I figured he would let me check in....but he is still pulling on me or sitting in my arms!:eek: I think he just knows that something else as my attention and he doesn't like it. No such thing as fooling him anymore!

My sister sent STS yesterday:) I think she put it in an express box so I am thinking it will be here by wed or thurs:) Can't wait!

Im not sure what todays workout will be or when I will do it. DH is going away today with all of his buddies so I need to decide if I am going to put DS down for a nap to get my workout done, but then he will be up until late.....or keep him up all day, and workout tonight around 8:30 or so. Im thinking about doing L&G and cardio and maybe tomorrow doing CTX bic,tri, and shoulds again....with cardio of course.
I have also been invited to a girls night on sat night but Im not sure if I am going. Its not a group that I usually hang out with and they are all getting together for a hot tub party, which sounds lovely....but I don't want to be hungover on Sun...especially when I have to deal with DS on my own. Plus, the scale is just working in my favor and I know if I party, then it will go back up....but then if I DON'T go, then eventually they will stop inviting me cause I don't go anyway:rolleyes: I guess i wll have to wait until tomorrow to see what I am in the mood to do!

Wendy** How many weeks is CLX? Sounds like you are enjoying it!

If I get time I will go back to yesterdays thread to see what I missed.Sometimes DS will let me, and sometimes he won't!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm enjoying my coffee before heading down to w/o. It's disc 3 which is legs. I bought some paper plates to try out on the puzzle mats in my w/o area. I hope they work. If not, I used wash clothes and they seemed to work okay, not the best. If I had too much pressure on the cloths they kinda got stuck on the seams of the mats, where they attach to each other.

Meltdown class was great as usual. We started with a 5 lap warmup then on to circuit training. It started out with 10 pushups on the bosu (upside down), 10 lunges, 20 squats, 10 crunches or standing ab work, 10 pullups, then on to 5 sets of stair running with db's. We alternated between stair running and laps between all the weight workout. It was fun and I was sweaty mess when it was over.

DH was home yesterday so he ran most of my errands. He went grocery shopping for Jerod's birthday party etc. I was stressing that I wouldn't get it all done.

Jacque-I'll keep you in mind if we ever do stop in San Jose. Thanks. I post my disc 3 experience when I get done so you will know what to expect tonight!

Lori-I can answer your CLX question. It is a 3 month program, like P90X or even STS. I too have been invited out tonight. I really want to go because it is with a good friend that recently left my company. Have a good workout-whenever you decide to get it done.

bbl

TGIF Ladies!!!

I am surprised I can move today .. have some nice doms in my shoulders and back .. but the tris are not sore :eek: which shocks me b/c I BARELY could eeek out the last 2 - 3 reps .. came to complete failure on most of the tris??? I really thought I would not be able to move my arms today. My mish mosh class turned out to be tough!!! think my class is why my shoulders and back are hurting today .. surprised the core is not screaming at me b/c the sliders get me everytime .. but when the 24 hour mark gets here we will see how I am fairing!! :p

Wendy ... doncha hate when you only have one HAVE TO HAVE item and you cant find it??? It is usually always something simple too :mad: maybe you will have better luck today .. what about Old Navy? they usually have the basic plain colors?? have fun w/Burn circuits .. sounds painful!! LOL

Lori .. hot tub party huh?? hhmmmmm .. might be fun!!! You can always drink water in between drinks to make the hangover stay away (easier said than done w/a bunch of girls though..lol) .. if you have a babysitter go for it girl .. a little celebration never hurt anyone (I am so an enabler when it comes to a party :eek:) ...

Di .. I was thinking about you when watching TBL TUE night.. they had to do outdoor workouts were not allowed in the gym .. and Julian was freaking out .. said she hated outdoor w/o she was not creative enough to come up w/something hard (which surprised me) .. I was thinkin .. HA .. need to call up DI's meltdown trainer and bring him to the ranch .. LOL!!! your classes sound fun and hard!! Let me know what you think on the legs .. DO the bonus (I didnt even realize it was a bonus thought it was part of the w/o)

Jacque .. you too .. let me know how you like STS legs ... OUCHIE just thinking about it!! STS is odd .. b/c it is so hard and you go to failure on most of the exercises and you are never as sore as you think you are gonna be.. usually I have been sore in places I did NOT expect to be (with the exception of the leg one .. I KNEW I was gonna be hurting all over) I can feel the burn just thinking about the leg disc 3 .. :eek:

Hello to all that follow. I go back to the dr today .. maybe he wont get on to me too much .. the shoulder is better .. although it was hurting last night .. ???? My back is REALLY paining me today .. aaaahhh .. old bones . . old bones :confused: ... I have been popping ibuprofen this morning!! LOL

Today is my REST day .... gonna let the body repair .. might try a light run/walk w/the dogst this afternoon but I have put my body thru it this week .. so a rest day is in order!! Tommorrow have a date w/Sean .. then SUN SIL and I are gonna do LEGS .. disc 9!!! :eek:

OK .. gotta jet .. have a great one!!:D

Last edited:
Hey Girls,

I managed Legs this morning. The paper plates worked great on the puzzle mats to. I prefer standard GS style legs but I'm sure my legs will be killing me tomorrow. I also did the bonus section which is standing side leg lifts (like in kickmax), non weighted calf raises and some tibialis work with the ball. It took me a few tries to get the wall/ball squats down. I actually started that exercise over twice so I could get it down.

Laura-does it matter if you use a barbell for deadlifts as opposed to db's? I prefer doing deadlifts with a barbell and can go much heavier with a bb too. Hope you get the release from the Dr. Probably not quite yet since you are still having some pain and catching. Yes, my trainer is quite creative when it comes to outdoor w/o's.

Jacque-Can't wait to here what you think of legs tonight.

bbl

Hey DI .. I dont think it would matter .. I actually think the barbell is safer and more stable .. not sure why she chose dumbells for those .. unless the wide stance has something to do w/it ..?? hand placement maybe ?? not sure .. but I prefer the barbell on deadlifts too .. I can go heavier w/the barbell on them .. YUP those extra bonus ones are a killer!! I knew I would be sore .. but was not quite prepared to be as sore as I was after the first one ... really did a number on where the hamstrings meet the buttocks!! :confused:

On the wall squats .. the ones w/the weights .. I have to stand my weights up b/c my legs are so much longer than my body .. it puts my knees in an AWFUL position to lay the weights flat ... those were tough though!! the leg extention one is THE worse!!! LOL

OK .. I have decided 5 oclock is NEVER going to get here .. I am about to go insane .. and PIA managed to leave at 3:40 :mad: I dont get it!!! Just made the afternoon longer knowing she kissed up to leave early and she is off while I am watching the clock INCH by .. oh well ... 20 more minutes and I am OUTTA HERE .. come on weekend!!

Have a great one will try to check in this weekend .. not making promises .. but will try!! :eek::D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.