Damage Control in February...TGIF!!!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls. :)

Diana: Yeah, I have no idea how my sister handles 6 kids but she does it with ease...or so it seems! :eek: Congrats on the weight loss! So you are almost done with 1RM's? That's fantastic news!

Jacque: So did I convince you to buy a new scale? :p

Lori: Sorry about the infection and the needed root canal. :( Boy, I think your boss needs to apologize to you! Do you think he will??

Well today is day one of CLX. I thought about getting up early and banging it out but it didn't happen so it will have to wait until this afternoon. I am very excited about it!

As for my stats this morning? HAH! My weight is only 2 pounds down from 4 weeks ago-this does not make me happy. My BF% is down .3 which is OKAY. I started taking my measurements and got so disgusted that I stopped. I need to do that for CLX though so I am going to do that plus pics tmrw morning when DH is around to help me. I PRAY that CLX works. SOMETHING has to! :mad::eek::confused:

Guess that's all for now.

BBL!

Last edited:
Good Morning!

Oh....I see what you did;) You posted "just getting us started" and then you edited it to this!:rolleyes: You are sneaky!;):D

We had a good sleep here last night. I didn't think we were going to b/c DS and I both have the cold. He still isn't awake so Im not sure how my day is going to go:eek:

Im also not sure about when I will fit my workout in or what it will be. Maybe another circuit workout.

Wendy** I honestly doubt that you look as bad as you are saying! My weight went up a little 2 weeks ago (actually 3 now) when we ate supper at 10 at night. Then last Fri night we went out for supper and I pretty much roller away from the table! I think I was up 1/2" in every body part as well. I started counting cals again and its working. Its so discouraging when you don't see the numbers you are use to seeing....or the numbers you want to see!

I will bbl!
Lori

Lori,

Yup, I am sneaky alright! :p LOL No, I don't look BAD but I am not what I was several months ago and I want to get back to it. Of the measurements I took this morning most of them were up and one was down. Chest/back were up and I don't mind that but the rest were supposed to go DOWN! WTH! My weight and bf went down a little so why are so many of my measurements up? Actually, I had a run-in with the hummus last night. After having a glass of wine I ate waaaay too many crackers with hummus on them...right before bed! :eek: I guess that could have done it though I would have expected to see it more so in my weight and BF then the measurements. Oh well.
Glad you and DS both slept pretty soundly last night. Enjoy whatever work out you decide to do today!

Wendy** Booze as a tendency to loosen us up in the food dept:) I haven't had a drink since last Fri night when we were out but I have all the supplies here for pina coladas:confused: which is the drinks I have been drinking for the past month:) When my weight is down where I want it, then I will have one....until then, its not touching my lips:rolleyes: Other then that, I picked up this awful habit of picking before supper! I would pick at everything in the cupboards WHILE I was cooking! Lord only knows how many cals I was actually consuming so although I blame my 2-4 lbs weight gain ( I wouldn't get on the scale but it was more then 2) on those 2 nights out,it was a combo of everything I was doing wrong! Ive gotten back into the routine of behaving myself again so all is well...just have to be patient!:)
And as for my boss...he will never apologize. The side I seen wasn't even the worst side! He can get pretty nasty but never at me, if he did, I would quit! But he is the kind of guy who is ALWAYS right so he doesn't know how to apologize!

BBL!
Lori

Lori, Perhaps I need to follow your lead on the alcohol front. I need to finish the bottle of wine that's in my fridge (c'mon, I am NOT throwing it out!:eek:) and then not buy any more until I at my goal weight!
Sorry your boss is such an @ss. That's the worst. I've been lucky in that I've had cool bosses for all of my long-term f/t jobs. :)

Wendy* Thats right....put the wine away:D Pour it down the sink! LOL I don't think your one glass of wine has as many cals as my slushy,sweet,fruity drink:confused: Now Im making myself want one. Those drinks are alot of trouble as well. I have to blend the ice up in the blender, not to mention I have to take it all downstairs cause if I start the blender up it will wake everyone up. So I have to cart all of my ingredients with me and then cart it right back upstairs when I am done. I think I have had so many of them that Im not even sure if they are worth the hassle:rolleyes: They are probably over 300 cals per drink, not bad I suppose cause I only have one.

DS is still asleep and its almost 10! I could have had my workout done and over with by now:confused: He probably won't even take a nap, I guess DH will have to watch him on his lunch break. The next couple of days are going to be tough workout wise cause the girl who works on my side of the schedule is only working today and tomorrow until 2 b/c her grandfather died, which means I have a weird schedule this weekend. I have to work tonight from 6:30 - 8. Then tomorrow from 2:30- 6:30, then on call, then Sun 8- 6:30, then on call in the night again. Atleast I will be home for 2 nights and if I get called out I will get extra pay, if not, then I get 2 good night sleeps!

Lori:)

Happy Happy Friday Ladies ! :D

Still fighting a slump in the motivation dept. Was ready for a worrkout until I didn't get home until 6:30 and wouldn't have finished early enough for me to settle down before bed. I figured I need the sleep more and I have a 3 day weekend coming up. Should be enough time to bang out the rest of the 1 RM's.

And I have actually enjoyed the bread these past few days. Now to motivate myself - chatted with a co worker y'day who thinks I should have a thyroid blood check. Need to hit a doc near the one who should have my results from last year. Will see if they were ever reported since I never got billed? :confused:

So when I come here and giggle about the "posting feud" LOL ! it gets me started in the right direction. Now to follow the workouts ! :eek: I told DH the other night that I just can't get back into a rythym. :(

Wendy - thinking about the scale . . . yes I am. May start looking around to see what is available here in town. I'd like one that shows more than .5 lbs. But then again, the booze and simple carbs are my downfall. My metabolism doesn't do well even with a piece of bread a day - whole grain even! I have to be strict to see a drop in weight - but maybe a week or two of strict eating (& no CABs) will jumpstart it all for me. I have rice planned for lunch, but perhaps tomorrow will be a good time to try for strict and see if I can shake myself up. Then I'll get a scale - what did you end up getting?

Lori - good to hear you got antiobiotics - they should be helping soon. Hope you and DS shake the cold soon too ! And I would just love to tell my boss to shove it - now is just not a good time to switch jobs here though. Never know who will go out of business next. A 48 yr old car dealership just closed yesterday. We now have no Pontiac,GMC,Cadillac dealer in town. It is hitting way too close to home right now.

So when you have the chance - I will live vicariously ! :p Though my boss is not mean or always thinks he is right, just puts a lid on my learning or improving myself (workwise) and has goals for me of producing manuals, programs, training, etc that nobody takes the time to even read or follow, and, my boss doesn't even make his managers follow ! Oh well, I still have a check coming to me and can make ends meet until things get better.

OK - off to have fun at work ! NOT !

TGIF Ladies!!!

I told you I would be complaining today .. OMG .. the DOMS: neck, shoulder, chest, tris, a little into the legs and core! :confused: I knew STS disc 5 was gonna make me be moaning today!! LOL . but it is a good kind .. just sore when I move .. turn my head or pick up something!! :p

NO weights for Laura today .. hoping to get in a run after work .. now that it is daylight for a while now .. we have a good nature trail to walk/run on .. I have not been on it .. but SIL says it is great and really pretty!!! Then going home and prep some quail for supper .. going to grill them for DH! think I will make some brown wild rice to go with them .. MMM MMM MMM .. and a salad!!

Lori .. man you got the cold too now?? poor thing .. your dang boss sounds like a REAL JERK!!!!! There is no sense in acting like that .. and sounds like you may have been spared the worst of his temper .. I would hate to have to come up there and give him an AL @$$ whoooping!! LOL (can hit Canada then swing by CA and get my aunt too) .. :p .. jk!!!

Wendy .. I think you should take your measurements .. weight .. BMI and write it down and FORGET ABOUT IT until you are DONE w/CLX .... you eat too good and exercise too much to get caught up on #'s ... I should have taken my measurements b4 starting STS .. b/c I can tell already in my shoulders .. feel like they have increased some .. I had lost a lot of definition since my shoulder injury .. and now it is coming back :) . . now if I could get the "fluff" off my midsection I would be REALLY HAPPY (and dont tell me I have to give up my CABS .. NEVER >> NEVER I SAY >> LOL)

Jacque .. hope your job is safe .. yup .. right now you just dont know .. They just did away w/one position in my area here .. luckily the girl that was in it was able to move to a vacancy .. so it worked out .. but YIKES .. that is REALLY to close to home .. I have been w/my compnay for almost 20 years now!! .. maybe your motivation will pick up .. I get that way sometimes (especially teaching) .. get burned out .. and sometimes you just gotta take a break .. to renew yourself. STS is my motivation and it is kicking my butt but I am seeing results so there in lies my motivation!!! :)

Hello Di, Ang, Shirl and Jen!!! I will BBL to see if any of you checked in .. till then have a great pre-valentines day .. and great sweaty workouts!!!:D

Burn Circuit 1 is done. :D

I followed it up with BBC Butt and Legs non-tm cardio to help burn off the cookies I ate earlier. :eek:

I feel MUCH better now! :)

BB after my shower for personals!

Hi Ladies:)

I am at work now...do'in my own thing:D No baby...no DD...and no DH!!!:D:D:D

I had such a weird day today. I didn't do anything and got nothing accomplished...or atleast thats how I feel:rolleyes: I managed to color my hair and do PH. But not before I attempted two other workouts and stopped 2 mins in! I had no clue what I wanted to do but my body did NOT want to do any cardio:( Hopefully I will be able to get a good run in tomorrow:)

Wendy** I made Mars Bars Rice Krispie squares today:eek: and I am pretty sure that I ate atleast 4 of them!:rolleyes: Soooo your not alone! I just have to behave myself for the rest of the evening. Should be pretty easy cause there is nothing here!

Jacque** I don't think I will be telling my boss to shove it anytime soon...unless he gets mad next week or something. Im thinking about being a little childish and not being so chatty next week when I have to work with him. Maybe he will catch on? He doesn't care anyway, who am I trying to fool here? How long have you been lacking in the motivation dept? I have been pretty good lately but today was not my day:eek: Oh well!

Laura** I don't blame you for not wanting to give up those CABS! Sometimes I think about giving up the things I love so I could look better but WHY? Im not going to be on the cover of a mag anytime soon. Sure it would be nice to be super lean and cut...but for whom? Life is to short! Im still in better shape then 99% of the people I know! Im not being vein but no one around here works out and if they do, its nothing compared to the torture I put myself through everyday:D
We all have the cold, DD included. DS seems a little better tonight and his nose hasn't been running much, only when he throws a tantrum:mad: The best one yet was yesterday when we were at the Dr's office, he didn't get his own way so he procedded to try and claw at my face! Needless to say, that didn't go over very well. I held him by the arms (away from my face) and scoweled at him. I then thought...I hope the Dr doesn't want me to take his shirt of cause he would probably see my two hand prints on his arms!:eek: But when we were in the Dr's office he managed to pull on my ponytail:mad: Punk!

BBL

Hey Ladies,

I finally made it here... I did Cardio & Weights this morning. I'm trying to get myself back in the groove of getting up earlier and getting my w/o done before I post. It seems I need to be in the office at 8am more and more these days so I need to get up a bit earlier and w/o. I so prefer the 9-6 shift as it gives me plenty of time to w/o in the morning and get ready for work!

I made it to the rec ctr (finally) at lunch today for the butts & guts class. After that I did 3X12 squats at 95lbs, 3X12 lunges at 65lbs, and 3X12 leg curls at 70lbs. My legs need a lot of work-my abs too for that matter. Even with STS I may try to add in another leg day. I may not need with the spring meltdown class starting on Monday, we do tons of stair running, lap running etc.

I met with a new esthetician today to see about having some freckles, age spots, acne scars etc removed. The girl I was seeing previously has moved away. I have an appt scheduled for later this month. She said the healing time is about 4-10days. She also said after 24 hours you can wear makeup so it doesn't look quite as bad.

Wendy-I'm fighting the scale right along with you. For me it was due to the limited cardio in CLX and of course (more importantly) not adjusting my calories down. I just bought a weight watcher scale for DH that shows .1, .2 increments etc. It doesn't show bodyfat though. I have another scale that show weight and bf% that I use. What did you think of burn circuit 1??? I did start seeing some nice upper body definition in the 7 weeks I followed it.

Lori-sorry to hear the whole family is feeling under the weather. That's no fun! Hope you all feel better soon. I too hate it when I start a w/o and end up not feeling up to it. PH is a goodie. I think you accomplished a lot if you colored your hair and did PH. What kind of color do you use? I tend to stick with the semi-perm colors so I don't roots coming in a different color.

Jacque-Definitely have your thyroid checked. I have hypothyroidism and at the time I was diagnosed I was complaining that I was soooo tired that I felt like it was a struggle to stay awake during the afternoons. At first they thought it was anemia but that came back normal. I had many signs, unable to lose weight, cold and tired all the time, heavy painful periods, dry skin etc. Best to be checked out by a professional. Hope your not having second thoughts about STS. I'm really looking forward to it.

Laura-Reading about the DOMs you are getting from STS is really getting me psyched up for it! Isn't it nice to know your pain is motivating to others:p I need some help with the fluff around my middle too. I'm having to wear my "fat" jeans and hate that. I picked up some paper plates and need to try them out on my puzzle mats and see if they work.

Diana** I am such a dummie! Did you change your user name or something? I just looked through your picture trail and its only clicking in who you are! I was also wondering why such a young women was a grandmother!:D Now its all making sense!!!! We use to email each other back and forth alot...then we changed our internet company and there went my email address!:rolleyes: Are you still working with Ball Corp?
Good job with getting your workout in early.

I probably won't be back anymore tonight. I am at work, lounging:) but the phone keeps waking me when I dooze off!:eek::D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.