Damage Control in February...Monday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Peeps!:D

Today's work out will be Burn Intervals and Ab Burner. I am looking forward to doing these after work today. I am the only one in my house who has to go to work or school this morning. Both DH and DS are off. :(

Yesterday we went to Target and bought a 32" flat screen tv for the work out room! DH is going to mount it on the wall for me! I am soooo excited! :D

Diana: You'll get the paperwork filed away in time. JUST DO IT! I know, easy for me to say, right? ;) Enjoy your meltdown class tonight. Glad to hear you were getting good upper body results from CLX. I can't wait to see where I am at after 30 days. The scale has been cooperating over the past few days as well so I'm feeling really good right now! :D

Have a great day!
BBL

Last edited:
GOOD MORNING~:D

We had a great nights sleep last night. We went to bed around 10:30 and got up around 8. DS is going to have to have a nap today in order for me to get my workout done.....and I have no clue what I am doing! I guess I have a couple of hours to figure that out.

Also trying to figure out if I should punch a few hours at DH's store this week. I have to work Wed and Thurs so that leaves today, tomorrow and Fri. Fri is a write off b/c DD as a volleyball tournament and today seems like a write off cause its here already and I haven't made up my mind:rolleyes: DS is super clingy as well so I feel bad for leaving him. Maybe my SIL will watch him for a few hours tomorrow.

Wendy** Enjoy your new t.v....and enjoy work;)

I have to get my butt in gear and run to walmart I suppose. The girl who is staying with us just went back to work today! Woo Hoo! I don't think I told you guys this story....I will make it short. Its a family friend of Dh's family, she use to babysit DH when he was a small boy so he is kinda like her sister. Last year she approached us and asked if she could move in with us if she left her husband (they have no kids) we thought about it and said yes. She had been living unhappy for a long time. Just before she moved in with us, she found out that she had skin cancer on her nose. She started having surgery in June (she went away from Aug to Oct) and she just recently went for another surgery a couple of weeks ago. All this time she is as been off of work b/c there wasn't enough time to build up E.I benefits so she went on disability while she was waiting for her 2nd surgery. Plus she wasn't ready to go back to work. You could tell that there was something going on with her nose and she works with the public. When she first moved in here she worked all the time cause she worked 2 jobs and we never really seen much of her but when she was off work all winter...she was home ALL the time and that took some getting use to on my part! I thought I was going to crack up! But I got use to it....and now she is gone back to work:D Good for her and good for me. She is a great help around here though and surprisingly I don't mind having her here at all. She babysits, does my housework and laundry....what more could i want?

I guess that wasn't so short.......:rolleyes:

Lori:)

STS DAY 1

Hi Ladies,

I'm the only one that has to go to work/school today too. DH and I have the same number of days off each year, they are just different days. After Jan 1st, my next day off isn't until memorial day. Oh well, I have plenty of vacation but I would rather take it do something fun-not stay home.

I'm starting STS today along with Jacque today. We hadn't talked about the two different rotations so I'm not sure if we're doing the shorter or longer version. I'll let you know how I fare after today's w/o.

Wendy-I just need to spend an hour and get all this stuff filed away and the file cabinet cleaned out. I file all of our monthly bills with are yearly tax returns so that the file cabinet only has current year stuff. Enjoy your new TV!

Lori-Enjoy your w/o-whatever you decide on doing. I think it's great that you have the flexibility at DH's store to work a few hours now and then. If you can manage a few hours today then go for it, if not no worries. I don't recall reading about your boarder. I think it's great that you were able to help her out in her time of need.

Time to get that w/o started.....

Popping in while my protein powder gets a head start before STS ! :rolleyes:

Wendy - Burn Intervals sounds quite sadistic ! :eek: Do tell if it worked. Hope the kids at work had a good night sleep so you have the energy to burn when you get to your workout !

Lori - Sounds like it will be a relaxing day for you. Good for you since your schedule last week was so scattered. Hope your workout plans go well and that you get some hours in at the store for the extra FL $ $ $ ! :p

Wow, I had forgotten about your DH's friend staying with you. Ever since we've been posting (think it was last year - Challengers check in) you have lead a very busy life at the house. Dad and brother used to stay there too, right?

Diana - let me know what you think about the rotation. Does that mean you are considering a 6 month rotation (doing each meso twice) or only doing 2 workouts per week? It is quite grueling getting through all the exercises with such a short rest time - I had to pause a few times when I did them a couple weeks ago. I only did a couple of the discs, but felt like it might be good to do them twice so you'd know what was coming and be more comfortable with the exercises themselves.

Also - have you decided on cardio, or just doing your Boot Camp at the rec center? Sorry you have to work today. :( But totally agree about using a vacation day and not enjoying it. That's what happened to me last week when I pulled my lat and couldn't do the work around the house I had planned.

Laura - what would be your thoughts on doing them twice since you are in your 3rd or 4th week?

BBL to report (if I can get my hands up to the keyboard !)

OK - I'm done with STS Disc 1 once again. Boy is it hard to keep going . . . I get sooooo very tired, but keep on pushin' on. Didn't do the abs yet cuz I just had no energy left and my back was already sore from the push ups.

I did do more this time that a couple weeks ago, but still couldn't do many in the last two sets of push up exercises. Guess that will be something to try to improve on. Hopefully as my shoulders get stronger that will help ! :rolleyes:

Off to soak in the tub for a bit and read my book on "Wisdom of Menopause". Loads of good info in there - I only wish I had read it a few years ago before all my issues started. I had done some research, but this is much more detailed and has some answers that I have been looking for.

BBL to see whatcha all have been up to. Ciao !

Hi ladies,

Loved disc 1 this morning. It took a bit longer than I anticipated as Cathe starts describing the next exercise during the 30 sec rest and I need to fill out my workout card. Ended up having to skip the abs but will make them up after meltdown class tonight.

Jacque-here's the link to the rotations:
http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/...=months&page=2
I had to take a few breaks myself in order to fill out my w/o card and listen to Cathe explain the next exercise. Maybe we can try doing weeks 1 and 2 twice and see how we feel after that. I'm going to follow Cathe's STS cardio suggestions, you can see them posted near the top of the STS forum. I think tomorrow calls for Imax 2!

bbl

Hey ladies ..

I had a great weekend .. busy but great. DH is STILL on long hours .. poor baby no day off in three weeks!! :confused: He did leave me out some candy, cookies, stuffed animal that sings "Only You" .. and a sweet card for Valentines day!! awwwwww .. such a sweetie!!! I cooked him a steak and the works for supper that night! He was worn out .. had a horrible day at work .. so had to postpone the "festivities" till last night .. ;) It was worth the wait!! ;)

So SAT .. SIL and I did LEGS 6 .. :confused::eek::confused: .. OMG .. thought the first one was hard .. this was a killer .. I did increase the weight some .. but towards the end had to go back down .. we did stability ball abs afterwards .. I am here to tell ya .. we were SPENT .. DONE after that ... I was exhausted!!! SIL said she has never hurt as bad as she did yesterday .. AND today .. I am not as bad as I was last week .. but too tired to do anythign yesterday .. the old legs were FRIED!!!!

We went for a power walk at lunch .. SIL is still sore in her neck and shoulders from disc 5 ... so we will do disc 7 tomorrow at lunch!! Tonights class will be 1/2 step 1/2 shaping!!

Jacque .. I am loving doing the disc one after the other .. NOT repeating it .. she is working the same muscles .. just w/different exercises .. but I can see the benefit of repeating the discs .. but for me .. I am loving it this way ... guess it is appealing to the exercise ADD in me!! :)

Di .. yes STS drains you .. quite unexpectedly too! think it is a combination of the weight and the way she arranges the exercises. Wait till ya get to the leg s :confused: OH MY!!!!! I love the "flow" of STS ... it is a perfect fit for me .. although it is kicking my arse!!!

Wendy . . your weekend sounded fun!! I love going to a fancy restaurant on special occasions .. although DH flinches when it is high dollar!! LOL

Lori .. what a story .. Kudos for you and DH taking someone in . in their time of need. But boy that has got to be taxing on you two .. although if she is cleaning and doing laundry and watching DS .. hhhmmmmmm ... that kinda is worth it. But I think I am too private .. I LOVE my alone time .. and can be kinda stingy w/it .. I need it to decompress from the stress of work ...

Ang .. where are ya girl ..?? missing ya!!! that goes for MIA Jen, Shirl and DeeDee too!!!

OK .. gotta run . one of those days .. have a great one!

Hey Ladies:)

Have a hellava day in my neck of the woods! Just one of those days where everything is going wrong and DS is super duper needy:( Ugh...I thoguht I was going to snap a couple of times. It doesn't help that even though I don't have the cold very bad, my head feels like there is alot of pressure in there (if that makes any sense)

Anyway...of course I feel better now that DS is down for a nap and I have my workout done! Boy, its crazy what a workout can do for ya~! I did 4 miles on the TM, 4DSBC and 4DS shoulders (2x's) oh...and KB abs. My shoulders are fried!

Diana** Sounds like you had a good workout today! I have undecided what rotation I am going to follow as well. I could start the rotation in March and my week off could be the week that we are in FL. If not I will have to wait until May to start. Im not sure I want to wait that long. I guess i could always play with the dvds until then.

Jacque** You have a crazy memory! My dad kept saying that he was going to stay at my sisters empty house (she built for when they move home and no one is living there) I don't know if he kept saying that so we would tell him to stay here or not but he knew that he didn't have to live there all by himself. When our friend asked to live with us, I double checked with my dad to see what he was doing (at the time he wasn't working) and he said that he was going to stay at my sisters house (but he still ate here) I don't think he realized how little he was actually going to enjoy living by himself:rolleyes: Then my sister got a letter from the town saying that no one was suppose to be living in the house b/c the final inspection hadn't been done and that they could be fined. They got away with that. NOW my brother (who as been working away for the past few monthes) and dad are thinking about going to work again (in this town) but now its only dawning on them that they have no where to live! When my dad couldn't stay at my sisters anymore, he only had one week of work left, so he slept here but he wanted to turn or lounging room into his bedroom:mad: DH thought that I was going to take my dads side but i said "you know what? We have done our share for years (and we have!)" ever since we have been together we have had someone living with us! I can't have someone sleeping in our living room, tip toeing aroud in the night time cause they are sleeping...and where will we watch t.v? It just wasn't fair.I can't turn my home into a motel! So we told my dad that he could sleep in DD's room for the last week of work....anyway...Im not sure if they are going to work and if they do, Im not sure where they are sleeping:rolleyes: Im not going to worry about NOR am I going to feel bad about it!
Hope your back doesn't act up! What did you think? Gonna be sore
tomorrow?

Laura** Had a great weekend? And you are sore??? Are you following a rotation? Our friend usually spends most of the evening in her room, she just hangs out. BUT on Sat night DH and I had planned just to hang out and have some snack food after DS went to bed. Our friend came downstairs, started reading mags and ended up doozing in the chair (DH's christmas gift btw...that he says he never gets to sit in:rolleyes:) I was a little ticked cause she never hangs out like that and on v-day night I was hoping to hang out with DH alone! She ended up moving after...Im not sure what was up with that!

Anyway...I am super sweaty and super stinky! Gotta get a shower!

Lori:)

Hey Girls.

My work out is finally done. I'd done both Burn Intervals and Ab Burner each one time prior to beginning the rotation so I knew what to expect. They are both great work outs. :)

Lori: Glad you were able to get your work out in. Sounds like you really needed it today. It definitely helps when you are feeling stressed, depressed, mad, etc!

Gotta cut this short for now...DS wants a snack and I need to shower but I'll be back later to finish up with the personals!

:D

Laura: Your poor DH. I know what it's like with the OT. DH has been put on some pretty heavy-duty OT jobs himself in the past. It's crazy stuff but the money is fantastic!!!

Jacque and Diana: I am going to love reading about your STS trials and tribulations! I have heard so many comment on the endless push ups. Makes me kinda glad I cancelled my pre-order. ;):p

OK - it has been just over 24 hours since I worked on my 1 RM's for the legs - I can hardly get up outta my chair - YEOWCHERS ! ! ! :eek:

Mostly the upper hams and also the inner thighs. Hope that means STS legs will do a lift on my rear and slim my thighs both inside and out ! :rolleyes:

Diana - I was planning on doing the STS with Cathe's cardio suggestions unless I get an itch to switch something up. It seems quite varied which is what I really need. Hoping to do the workouts in the AM, but not sure how long that will last. Guess I'll start setting my alarm clock and hope I have gotten enough sleep.

Not sure about the approach - after reading Laura's thoughts it seems that the program will work just fine by going through it from beginning to end. Perhaps repeating if I get the urge, but then again, I am enticed by CLX also !

Laura - are you feeling any strength gains after the two weeks?

Wendy - you know we'll keep you posted - the push ups were better for me today, and I know how good for the UB they are, but they just don't work real well for my shoulders . . . yet. We'll see if that changes.

Lori - I totally remember what you went through last year. Like Laura, I am enjoying the fact that I have no kids left at home. May be feeling a little empty nesty and wish I had the chance to see them more than I do, but usually am busy and weeks go by and then I realize I haven't spoken to them. Need to fix that one soon but first, I need to figure myself out and get back on track. You are truly wonderful for putting up with all you do. And, saw your post about DS - my DD was so independent right up until just before she started a 2 day a week preschool. She began clinging like a monkey and wouldn't go to anyone. May be a phase - but you already know how quickly they grow and try to become toooooo independent ! ;) Enjoy it while you can. I do see how for you, since they are so spaced out, you feel like your life will never be your own or that you are just looking for a little more ME time. You have that right - try to count on others to help you out - they already say he is fine without you - it's just when he's in your presence that he wants your full attention.

TTFN - be back bright and early in the AM since I'll be up for my IMax2! :cool:

Hey Girls,

Just got back from my first meltdown class. All we do for the first class is take our weights & measurements, complete the 3 min step test, one minute each of max pushups and max situps. Thursday will be the "real first class". I'm guessing she'll probably have us run a timed mile on the track to get us started.

I made it to the rec ctr and took the lunch time cardio class. It was cardio and weights today. The cardio was really fun but the weight segments were too short for me. We finished up with some tough ab work.

Laura-You're DH is definitely a keeper. What a sweetie you have. Sounds like you two are perfect for each other! I guess we'll be playing sts by ear and redoing some w/o's if we feel like it.

Wendy-Burn Intervals is a fun one-for me anyway. I do like both the CLX cardio w/o's! You will probably get sick of hearing about STS in a bit. I want to know what you think of the CLX leg work? I can obviously lift much heavier for my legs than I can with my upper body. For me, I felt that the lower body wasn't being worked adequately

Jacque-I have to be at work early T/W/TH this week. I will be up bright and early to get in my w/o! I even set the coffee pot for 20 min earlier so I will still have time for a cup before my w/o. Good luck on the am w/o's. It's really the only time that works for me. I'm jealous of your empty nest, but a little nervous about them being out on their own.

Time to get some laundry done before bed.
Nighty Night ladies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.