Damage Control December---Thursday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

So for dinner last night I had a Lean Cuisine meal (salt attack! ACK!) and a salad and then I had some grapes for a snack before bed. All in all I did well though I felt like all I did all day was eat. :confused:

Diana: A part of me is done with staying home and wants to get a full time job but the other part of me can't bear the thought of putting Joey in after care, etc just so I can go to work when we can afford for me to continue to stay home with him for now. If/when we ever buy another house I will likely HAVE to go back to work. In addition, I will have no sick/vacation time to use if Joey gets sick at school or something and I need to pick him up and bring him home. I have no idea how I am going to do this when the time DOES come that I go back to work...People do it all the time so maybe I'm just missing something. :confused: Good job on the water. I am doing horribly with that. UGH. Didn't look like you ate that much to me. I love to eat and am hungry often. It's not unusual for me to eat 6 times a day! :)

YIKES, I gotta jet. I just looked at the clock! Gotta get DS ready for school and myself ready to hit the treadmill! :D

BBL ofcourse.

Hi ladies !

Well I got most of my presentation done while at home - DH had to stop me at 7 PM but much of the stress is gone now !:D Hopefully 'da boss' like it !:rolleyes:

AND as soon as I was done I realized I hadn't mailed off the property tax check that was due yesterday - has been sitting on my counter for a week. :eek: The penalty would be $260 ! :eek: Went online and was able to pay it via 'echeck' for a $15 fee. I know I have been busy, but cannot believe I did that ! UGH !

Finished one round of GS biceps - feels good. The rotation calls for 2 rounds but for endo suggests cardio. We will see what I feel like doing after work.

Diana - even though you said you were hungry, from what you posted looks all good to me. Remembering of course that chocolate is good for us ! :p Hope your meeting goes well and you aren't surprised by the reorg. That is a big part of what is keeping me busy - revising job descriptions and helping reorganize a few of our locations. Tough time - tough measures. Just hope we all make it through without too many scratches.

Wendy - after the Lean Cuisine (not real bad if you didn't add much salt with your other eats) you should try to get in lots of water today. That will help ! ;) Am very happy to hear you can stay home and trust me, the time will fly. Soon you'll be back to work full time and in a new house ! Little Joey will be in high school. :eek: OK - sorry for pushing so fast, but that is how I feel everytime I play with my grandson. Can't believe 23 years since having my first child has gone by !

Off to get ready for work and may finish my presentation here at home before I head to work.

Hey to all the rest of you. Hope you are staying warm and exercising.

Morning ladies,

Just a quick post...I'm heading down for lowmax this morning. I never did workout yesterday which I'm quite disappointed about.

We are having a department meeting at work to discuss the reorg. I've heard 30-40 employees will be affected by this. I don't think anyone is losing their job, but the reporting structure is changing.

Wendy-Stay home with Joey for as long as you can (or want). They grow up so fast. I had my oldest son at 22 and DH and were just making ends meet in a 2 bedroom apt. Who says you have to ever go back to work. One of my friends works for the school district so she's off when her kids are off and she has the summer off too. I think you are a great Mom no matter what!

BBL

Back from the gym and ITread 2/60 mins is in the bag. Now it's time for more cleaning and laundry to get done.

Di: Oooh Lowmax. Your fave! :D So will you be affected at work? If so, I hope it's not in a negative way. Thanks for the encouragement on the work/DS front. For now I'll do what I've been doing and see what happens down the road. I just hope my job gives me more hours next month. I asked for 4 days per week once Joey started school. I got them in September and October but for Nov I was down to 3 days some weeks and this month I'm down to only 2-3 at best every week! WTH!? :mad::confused::(

Jacque: I know water is a good idea after a salty meal but I am doing awful with my water intake. I have to try harder!!!! Good job on finishing the presentation and feeling less stressed. I'm sure your boss will be quite pleased. :)

Eats:

Breakfast: protein shake, mini ww bagel with hummus
Post work out Snack: walnuts, apricots, dried cranberries + applejuice, pria bar

BBL!

Last edited:
Is it Monday today??

OK ..have had one H###of a morning. A horrible storm hit about 30 min b-4 time to get up - the wind was probably 50 - 60 mph at times .. the lights blinked . I got up to check the weather .. while I was waiting the lights blinked again .. I ran to get in the tub and the power went off .. :mad: .. OK .. when our power goes off we have NO WATER .. OR phones!!:mad: sooooooooooo it is pitch black dark in the house .. lucky for the lap top I checked the weather .. radar showed no relief in sight .. so I had to find something that was not wrinkled (sweater) .. and put on my makeup BY FREAKING FLASHLIGHT .. put hair up in a clip .. and start the dreaded drive in the storm ... well trees were down everywhere .. my SIL was ahead of me .. and my brother (sheriff) was w/her .. he was having to cut trees out of the road .. :confused: .. called the boss to say I was having a time getting there .. he of course responded: "well it has not been bad here at all" .. as if I manifested the entire storm and trees down :mad:.. but finally made it in late of course .. ONE H#LL OF A MORNING!!!

{{ taking some deep breaths }} anywho .. I am here looking not my best .. but present!! we are due more storms this afternoon .. and then the temps are to plumit!! actually said a possibility of SNOW FLURRIES :confused: what the????? Lunch will be errands - have to find an outfit for business office party FRI night - I am feeling much better (except a little frazzled) so I will be teaching tonight (weather permitting) .. thinking I will do bootcamp style class .. one I dont have to "think" on!! :)

Wendy - I dont have kids .. but if you can afford to stay at home do .. the girls here have a time juggling sick kids - dr appnt - ball games - and their own lives ...

Di - good luck w/the meeting .. hoping the reorg. doesn't affect your adversly!! Keeping fingers crossed on that one!!

Jacque - WTG on the presentation .. much better to be at home working on it I bet .. less distractions!! think everyone is down sizing .. DH work is talking downsizing (after all the strike crap .. typical) .. hopefully it wont affect him .. if he can hang on 5 more years we have a "plan" that hopefully will allow him/us to work from home!!

OH my eats .. well the CABS I have done TERRIBLE on .. have been downing some to help the kidney stones pass .. last night had fajitas -only thing fattenign was the cheese - today about to go eat a grapefruit for my late breakfast - not sure at lunch prbly a grilled chicken salad w/ving. dressing!

Hello to all that follow ... will BBL to check in w/you gals! Have a great day ....:D

Laura, Your boss deserves a swift kick in the @$$ for his comment to you regarding the storm. What a jerk! :mad: I would actually prefer not to go back to work full time just yet. I am just weighing all of my options because working 6-9 hours per week while DS goes to school for 30 hours a week just isn't gonna cut it. :mad: I am going to call the after-care program that is available to all of the pre-k students in my town and see how they operate, how much they cost, what the deal is there. Once I get that info I'll be able to move ahead with making a decision on the job front. Thanks for your input. :)

Eats....
Lunch: Big salad with a scoop of lf cottage cheese and can of tuna made with lite mayo, 70% dk chocolate square.

BBL

Last edited:
I am back .. found a CUTE outfit for tommorrow .. didn't like the shoe choice .. but it will have to do on such short notice .. will be freezing my tushie off though~!:confused: it is KINDA short!! :eek:

Eats: not too good but not terrible - roast beef sandwich .. no sauces and drink .. had to get it on the run ... :eek:

I forsee some more CABS in my future too .. and tommorrow night the eats will be off the chain probably .. LOL .. so I am failing miserably on the eats dept these last couple of days! :eek::confused:

OK .. better run .. the temps are dropping and we still have outages everywhere .. and the second round should be hitting soon!!! have you checked out the radar?? looks like a dang hurricane swirling .. it goes all the way up to NY and MI .. so Wendy and Ang should be getting the first affects of the tail of the swirl!!! :eek:

Gotta jet .. BBL ... ;)

Laura: It's been raining and windy here most of the day so I guess we are getting our fair share of crappy weather too. :( Stay safe and glad you found a cute outfit! Sorry the eats aren't up to snuff but it's the holiday season so it's tough! You'll get better though, right? ;)

Eats:

Snack: oatmeal with 1/2 sc protein powder and 1 tbspn natural pb.
Dinner: it will be meatloaf and I don't know what else at my mom's tonight. Gotta exercise portion control!:eek:

Hey hey hey !

Taking a little break (even though I shouldn't be). :eek:

Diana - we posted at the same time - hope you enjoyed LM and will be waiting to see how the meeting went.

Wendy - is your gym a bit slow now due to the holidays? Wonder if that is why your hours are fewer? Figured you knew about the water - but since you weren't doing well, was hoping to "push" you a bit. :D I decided to drink warm water instead of coffee. Don't notice it since caffeine doesn't have much of an effect on me and when I'm working, don't notice there is no flavor to my liquids. Enjoy the meatloaf !

Laura - wow what a morning. At least is got better with a good find on a dress - LOL at being cold 'cuz it is short, but hey, flaunt it if you got it, huh?:p Stay safe in the storms. We are still lucky with only frost in the AM and mid 60's during the day - though when you are reducing temps back there, ours look like they will be going down to below 60. Wet cold here so kind of a drag 'cuz it is a chilly cold. Oh well, such is life !

Until later - stay safe ladies !

Back to say when temps plummeted ..they meant it .. YIKES .. it is freezing out there now .. think we are supposed to get down to 27 or so tonight ... bbbrrrr ...

going to teach .. maybe someone will be there .. since i have been a no show all week .. doing 6 step bootcamp style weighted workout .. kinda like I did last THUR .. it did a # on me and it a heck of a good overall w/o!!! I need it the way I have been eating lately!! :confused:

OK .. everyone have a great night ... and kick arse w/o!!! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.