Damage Control December...Stocking Stuffer Saturday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

I slept in today...til 7:15. LOL I went to bed at 9 though so I can't complain. That's alot of sleep!;)

Diana: Ouch, sorry about your back. I've caused myself alot of pain in the past with seemingly simple silly movements. It's amazing how that happens. One time I went to adjust the shower head and pulled my neck so badly that it was tilted all the way to one side for days. I couldn't straighten it out-man did that hurt!!!:eek: A 15 and 2 20's sounds like a good plan. I just think you might be able to bypass a 15 since you lift heavier. If you find you need it for certain exercises you could always go purchase it later. I was going to buy a 25# bell but after reading a bit on the O/F I decided to go for the 30. I figured I could always fill in the gap later but I didn't want to buy a bell that was useless and figured worst case scenario I'd "grow into" the 30 if it was too heavy at first. If you buy at a local store though, it'll be easy enough to return if it's not heavy enough for you. :)

Laura: OMG, sorry about the jack@$$ owners of your gym. Sounds like the folks that own/run the gym I work at. They are just awful. I don't think they give a rat's you know what about their employees OR their members. All they care about is the $$$$$$$$$$$! ACK!

So I had myself a 1/2 glass of wine last night but skipped the snack. I was happy I wasn't hungry for a snack. Made me feel even better about the cookie incident from earlier in the day. :rolleyes:

I weighed myself this morning...the scale is hardly moving and it's been 3 weeks. *sigh* I am 1 pound down from where I was on December 1st. UGH. I haven't taken my BF cause I'm afraid. I really need to though as that might be going down. I also need to try on the jeans that were too tight on me to see if they fit better. I know I like what I see in the mirror more these days so I have to be doing SOMETHING right, huh?

So I want to take Centergy at the gym today but I also want to run. If I run I need to run a 5 miler. In order to do that AND the class I will need to be at the gym for a good 2 hours. I don't mind but DS wants to come with me and I feel bad leaving him in the babysitting room for that long unless it's cause I'm working. I thought about taking him early for the run and then dropping him off and going back for the class but that'll be a giant pain in the rump. Hmmm....who knows....but I will do SOMETHING today....DECISIONS! :p

Off I go to get my 2nd cup o' java...BBL!

Last edited:
I'm back because I'm eating breakfast so I wanted to get it posted: Kashi Go Lean cereal with some flax seeds and ff milk.

As far as my work out goes, I've decided I will definately run. Centergy may or may not happen...I'll have to see. :)

GM girlies:D

Ahhhhh Saturday morning.:) I thought it would never get here this week.

I thought you girls might be interested in something I found online to use with STS. I thought it looked like it would work much better than paper plates, plus the boys ought to get a kick out of it as well.
http://www.meijer.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=121447&cmpid=cashopzilla
They are supposed to be available at Meijer and Target so I will keep an eye out the next time I get there.

I have a X-mas party at my parents house today. We are going out to eat at a nice fish restaurant tonight. They serve the BEST salmon ever. Mmmmmmm - I already can't wait for dinner.:) Boy, ya wouldn't think salmon would sound good in the morning eh? *lol* I also made spinach dip and bought some pumpernickel bread for snacking on for later. LOVE me spinach dip and bread.:p I did use fat free sour cream and fat free helmans too. And, believe it or not, it still tastes good.

I got my Newport in the mail today......well, I'm pretty sure it's Newport since that was the first one I ordered. I can't open it until X-mas.:mad: DH gets mad when I put things under the tree for him and then I have nothing, so I'm putting my packages from AOS under the tree as well as a watch I bought myself but have not taken out of the box. I can't wait to open it up and try it out. It looks like I will be working out on Christmas day.:) I also got my first issue of Hers M&F yesterday.:) I can't wait to dig into it.

Diana - Oh yea!! So glad you purchased the workouts too. Isn't it the most awesome Christmas gift?? Hopefully the back will be back to normal by the time they ship to you. How's it feeling today?
You got Chaleen Extreme too?? I have not even been tempted by that for some reason. I have never done one of her workouts before so that may be why. I figured I'd wait until after STS and the reviews to come out before I even consider it. If everyone rants and raves about it I will bite, but it WILL be after I get STS. I think AOS will keep me busy enough until STS arrives.:D
So are the girls coming to see you or are you going to see them? I'm thinking they will be coming your way which will be awesome, especially since you will be on vacation. Enjoy girl!!

Wendy - Ooooooooo - a KB rotation?? Sounds like lots of fun. I may be joining you in that. I need to change things up a bit. I always go to P90X or 4DS when I don't have time to come up with a rotation. I gotta come up with something solid to work on.
Um, have you even taken IMAX3 out of the package since the RT?? *lol* It's like you know you should do it, but would rather go to the dentist than do that workout. LOL!! Maybe I'll do that one for you today too since today is a workout of choice for me.
I can't even comment on the scale. I keep forgetting (how convenient) to weigh in. By the time I remember, I've already had coffee and breakfast. After the new year, when I get back on the wagon, I need to get serious already!

Laura - OMG - your boss is such a terrible man!!! LOL! I can't ever resist pizza. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Oh yea on Vacation with DH! You two will have such a blast. Keeping my fingers crossed that the stone doesn't throw a wrench in your party plans.
Hmmmm, more cardio eh? Perhaps you'll have to spend more time with Sean. Oh wouldn't that be horrible???;)
Good luck with your shopping. So sweet of DH to go with you. I have to drag my DH kicking and screaming to go with me. I had to lure him to go last time by taking him to Buffalo Wings and having dinner with some nice cold beers. Works every time.:cool:

Hey Jen - Hope you are getting back to normal at your house. Can't wait to hear an update on how you are doing.

Gotta go and figure out if it is indeed IMAX3 or if something else will fit my mood.

Later girls

Angie

Hey Ladies-

I'm on vacation, I'm on vacation.... Just had to throw that in there. I hope to finish up the xmas shopping this weekend, only stocking stuffers left to go.

DH just made breakfast, scrambled eggs w/ham & onion-and a low carb english muffin. It was wonderful. Oh-he also added a bit of amaretto to our coffee mmmm mmm good. DH is downstairs working out, not sure how he does that just after eating. I'm going to start laundry and get my xmas shopping list together, then go workout, then go shopping. I'm going to try to get DH to come with me. Wish me luck.

My back is still bothering. The rotation calls for back & biceps today. Not sure if the back w/o will be happening today.

Wendy-thanks for the kb weight suggestions. Maybe a 20# and 2 25's would be better for me to start with. I'm hoping you can give some rotation ideas to start after xmas. Enjoy your run today. That reminds me, I should see if I can pick up my orthotics today.

Angie-Enjoy your family christmas today!!! I checked out the link but my exercise area is on puzzle mats. Simply using a dry waschloth (rag) like we did on the road trip seemed to work on the mats. I haven't tried a paper plate yet. I've never done a Chaleen w/o either so I hope I like her. She get's lots of good reviews on her turbo jam w/o's. The grandbaby girls will be arriving on Friday, the day after Christmas. I'll be taking lots of pictures and sharing them with all of you. I'm a proud grandmama!

Jen-sending more healing vibes your way.

Laura-Enjoy your vacation!!!!

Jacque-are you back from your road trip??

Hi DeeDee and Shirl-Happy Holidays.

bbl

Hey there workout buddies ! I HAVE MISSED YOU ! ! !

Made it back from the trip last night. So funny how 2 days can seem like 2 weeks. :eek: My very first presentation went well after I got past the tight throat and squeeky voice the first few minutes. It was in front of all my employees and the groups were not more than 12 each. I am very comfortable with all of them but haven't done anything like this before.

We got loads accomplished in addition to the presentation itself and I think it was well received. Bugged out on the rain they had here at home and had a nice sunny 60' day in So. CA. :p Long day of driving Thurs as we trekked about 7 hours total (not including the traffic) but got to fly back home so that was nice. My back does hurt quite a bit from all the sitting and though I didn't workout at all Thurs and Fri, think I will take today off, ice & take some motrin and try to get a start on my household to do's today. I hope to do a 4DS shoulder, core, calf & legs workout tomorrow. That will catch me up on my weights for the week. Really wanted to run yesterday on the TM yesterday AM and, I was awake at 4:30, BUT DUMMY HERE remembered shorts, shoes, workout bra and brought not a single SHIRT that I could run in. All I had was my sweaters ! :mad: :mad: :mad: We didn't have to meet downstairs for breakfast until 7 and it would have been perfect. I could have done the Biggest Loser or KPC DVD's but alas no DVD player. I would have just worked out in the room in my bra, ya' know ! :p And I could have brought the 'puter upstairs but we didn't get to the hotel until after 10 PM so I didn't go there.

C'est la vie, huh? (sp?)

Anyhow, skimmed through the past couple days posts:
dang Jen ! So sorry about your bad & good luck. Take care.

Wendy -busy little bee as usual. Can you package your energy and send it to me for Xmas? Please post on the pants fitting, I'd like to hear how that went. I know my weight hasn't changed much but clean eating usually makes a big difference for me.

Diana - hope all is better on the DH front. Will be waiting to see whatcha think of the KB's. I'm not thinking DH has ordered any for me yet, and if he doesn't, I have a credit card and I know how to use it !:eek::p

Laura - bummer about the gym and speakers - hope your stones stay along way away.

Angie - thanks for the sliders link - they look good ! The food the food . . . had a nice dinner at The Cheescake Factory and had a scrumpdidilyumptious mahi mahi mediterranean style: tomatos with a balsamic broth over grilled mahi mahi. Yummy ! I'm in agreement with Laura and thinking I'll find the wagon in January too. Not overdoing anything lots, just here and there and I NEED IT right now !:eek:

Off to hit some productivity on the home front - need to do a bit of shopping too even though I am sure stores will be packed today. Have a hockey game tonight - boy oh boy do I hope they do better than they did Thurs, right Angie? :confused: Sharks lost to the Detroit Red Wings 6 - 0. Laura, know just how you feel. ! :(

Last edited:
Hello there Ladies.

5 miles is in the bag. I didn't run with Grace today. I just ran to music and varied my speed within about a .4 spectrum. It was a nice run and I met my mileage goal plus a little extra this week! 1 week down...not sure how many more to go! LOL

After my work out I drank a glass of ff chocolate milk for recovery and then ate my usual turkey sandwich for lunch. Now I'm relaxin' with a cup of Dunkin' java that I picked up on the way home from the gym.

I think DS is getting sick. *sigh* He's coughing and feels a bit warm. We took his temp which was reading normal but then DH took his own temp and said the thermometer put him 2 degrees below his "norm". I gave DS some tylenol and a cough med this morning. I know he's not feeling quite right as he ASKED to go up for a nap a few minutes ago. :eek: That being said there will likely be a trip to the pediatrician's office on Monday for us.

Well, gotta go help DH with something around the house and then I think I'm layin' down for a snooze myself but I'll be back a bit later with personals!

Toodles!:)

I'm back.

Jacque: Energy...what energy? LOL You forget, I am the queen of napping! If not for that, I would not have half the energy you seem to think that I have! :p LMBO at your work out trials and tribulations while on your business trip. Glad it was a successful trip overall though.

Diana: YAY for vacation! Seems lots of folks take vacation this time of year. Good for you...and everyone else too! ;) Lucky girl havin' DH make breakfast. I actually enjoy cooking breakfast. I'd do it every day if that meant I never had to cook dinner! :p Sorry your back is still tender. Sending (((healing))) vibes your way! Considering how heavy you lift I think starting with an 18 or 20 pound bell will probably be better for you so if I were you I'd go for the single 25 and (2) 20 pounders.

Ang: Thanks for the link. I bought the Val Slides at Target ages ago and they are just waiting for STS to be released. I have yet to use them! :D Enjoy the Xmas party and your dinner today. I will post my kb rotation for you so you can join in if you want. It'll likely be something like this:

1) Full body kb work out
2) Run 5 miles
3) Traditional full body weight work out
4) Run 5 miles
5) Full body kb work out
6) Run 5 miles
7) Rest

I want to keep one day of traditional weight work in there to try and keep my strength up and I need to run for cardio in preparation for my mary training which will start before I know it. :eek:
And yes, smart alec, I HAVE taken IMAX 3 out of it's wrapper. I tried it exactly once and didn't make it past the 2nd blast! :D:p:rolleyes: I'll get to it, I swear! LOL

I'm back ladies-

I guess someone's not happy about sts not shipping soon. I saw a post on the STS forum. It has been a long time coming but I knew that going in. I have enough other workouts to keep me busy until it arrives.

DH is going to go shopping with me tomorrow morning and then we are going out to breakfast. We just need stocking stuffers and I'm letting him pick them. He always complains about the money but rarely shops so he has no idea how much things cost.

After my workout I had 1/2 C fiber one, 2 scoops prot powder & 3/4 C almond milk. We are out of fruit but I've added it to my grocery list.

Wendy-no worries, I just got my butt kicked by Imax 3, in your honor;) I wasn't feeling up to GS back & biceps (x2). Thanks for sharing your KB rotation. I laughed and Angies comment regarding Imax 3. It is complex choreography and the 1st blast is one of the hardest IMO. The time flies on this workout. When are you starting the kb rotation? I want to join in too.

Jacque-sounds like your getting back in the swing of things after your road trip. I need to hit the grocery store and am not looking forward to that. I hate the Det Redwings too!!! The avs just won the other on a shootout. Of course there had to be technicality, the goalie unintentionally dropped his stick and since they aren't allowed to throw down their stick, our goal counted. I was pretty happy about it, but the other team was not.

off to take care of more laundry, the cycle continues...

Good Evening Girls.

I went over and checked out the complainer thread in the STS forum. I usually keep my mouth shut but this time I had to respond though it wasn't to the OP. I hate it when people feel the need to complain about these things. If you are not prepared to wait then don't pre-order! Is it THAT hard of a concept to get!? :rolleyes:

Diana: Funny that your DH likes to complain about the money yet has no clue what it costs to shop for something these days. Take him to the store and set him straight girl! :p If all goes as planned then Christmas Day will be my rest day and the end of my current rotation. That being said I can technically begin my new rotation the following day but I might just wait until Sunday or Monday instead. I have to think about it because I also have to contend with the fact that I am going away from wednesday to ATLEAST friday and possibly til Sunday for New Years which means no weight/kb work outs. The best I'll get is a couple of runs on the TM or the boardwalk if it's not too frigid out there.

So my snacks today were a Pria bar and then I had some lf cottage cheese and a handful of black seedless grapes. Dinner is a salad and chicken noodle soup. I will probably want a healthy snack later since dinner is light this evening.

I feel so bad for DS. He has a pretty good fever going and he's coughing alot. The tylenol seems to be working on keeping the fever under control but it's not killing it and the cough med didn't do anything for him it seems. :( He's not being cranky though. He's taking it like a trooper. He's been laying down with his blanket and his "dude" watching tv or movies all day. He didn't take much of a nap so I am going to put him to bed early tonight.

We (DH, DS and myself) were invited to a Holiday GTG at one of DH's friend's houses this afternoon/evening. There were supposed to be several kids there so we thought it would be fun for DS. Well obviously he couldn't go so I suggested DH go with out us so he's over there right now.

I wanted to try and get the last of my Christmas shopping wrapped up today (no pun intended!LOL) but things didn't work out that way. I will go tmrw. I only have to hit Kohls, Dunkin', a liquor store and some place that sells instant lottery tickets. I will go to Kohls first since that will take the longest but hopefully not TOO long...:confused:

Ok, I'm done babbling over here. BBL to see if anyone else has popped in!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.