Damage Control December...New Year's Eve...Wednesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey Peeps! :D

Jacque: I don't use a heavy bell for snatches. I use 15#. Use whatever you can handle. Eventually you should get stronger and be able to use a heavier weight, just like in traditional weight training. Sorry I didn't join you for a drink last night. My wine bottle was empty and I wasn't in the mood for a beer. Hope you enjoyed yours if you had any! :)

Jen: I know it can be hard for us to understand but it sounds like your S/O is acting like an ADULT. Amazing, isn't it? :p:D LOL (j/k!!!!) Seriously though, I agree with you that it's okay to get excited but he probably doesn't want to celebrate prematurely because then you will both be extra upset if you don't get the house.

Diana: Did you see my post to you earlier in the day y'day about bells n biceps? You didn't respond to it last night so I wondered if perhaps you missed it. Go check it out. :) Glad you had a great visit with your DGDs. I hope you get to see them again before too long. Sorry about your crappy eating. Nobody (I don't care what they say) is eating perfectly these days. It's the biggest holiday week of the year. Take it easy on yourself and start fresh on January 1st! Heck, I ate pizza last night for dinner-the day after my cookie binge-that's unheard of for me!:p:D

Today's work out plan is upper body and a run. I have a ton to do to be ready to take off to AC this afternoon including taking a ride up north to drop DS off in what COULD be cr@ppy weather this morning. *sigh* I am going to head up there as early as I can. DH is also going to try to get out of work as early as he can to try and beat any possible weather down to AC this afternoon. All of that being said, part of my work out could go out the window due to time constraints. I'll see what happens but my intentions are good atleast. :)

Yoga class last night was painful but just what I needed. Thankfully the class was very beginner oriented. It hurt for me to sit on the mat so I was very thankful when the moves were basic. It helped but my bum is still quite sore this morning. So much B&G never giving me DOMS again! :p

Last edited:
Good Morning Sunshines!!

Wendy, you're up and at 'em extra bright and early today, no? Must be the excitement building for your AC trip. I laughed at your "adult" comment. If you only knew how spot on that comment is!! SO is 46 years old going on 14, I swear. Seriously, my 16 year old niece asked me the other day if he's reliving his childhood. I said "Honey, he never left!" But that's why I luv him...he keeps me laughing 90% of the time. I think you are correct that he's just trying to avoid disappointment, so I'll allow him to stay the voice of reason. So what's DS doing while you're away? Playing with his new Thomas the Train Set perhaps?

Today my mission is to get some of my Christmas decorations put away. I also have to help DD with a baking project she wants to do, and after that I must get in a nap. For some reason, I could not fall asleep last night until almost midnight, and then I woke up at 3:30 and never fell back to sleep. My sister is having the New Year's Eve party tonight and I'd really like to make it until midnight. So, as I said, a nap is a must today.

Hello to all who follow. Hope everyone is getting excited to ring in the New Year!

BBS~

Jen

Good Morning Jen.

Wow, I was surprised to see a post on this thread so early. Usually this post doesn't even start to roll over until around 10am. LOL :p

Yes, DS is going to spend time with my SIL and MIL. He will be receiving his new train table this evening once SIL gets home from work. I am sure it will be the main attraction of his weekend. Even if he wasn't getting it, he'd still have a blast. Going there is like a vacation for him. The rules are totally different over there. In fact, I don't think there are ANY rules over there! :eek:;)

So you'll be going to your sis' place for a party toinght? How nice. Did you ask her to make a bed for you just incase you need to pass out in the middle of it? :p I'm just full of wize-azz comments this morning, aren't I? :D:D:D

Love the fact that your S/O doesn't act his age all the time. Being young at heart is important. My DH is a big joker too. He is always acting like a total goof and making me laugh. I swear my son is taking right after him...:)

Wendy, I like your pep! Keep the wise-azz comments comin'. :D

My sister is a funny girl...she's younger than me by a couple years, but way more conservative than me. Whenever we go out together, we're always asked who is older, and the times we've made people guess they always pick her :eek: That doesn't sit too well. But I know it's not based on her looks, it's based on her personality. So in answer to your question, I won't even have to ask if she'll have a bed ready, 'cuz I know she will...I just might have to fight her for it!! Her DH is the social one and he'll keep the party going. When my sister first talked to me about the party the other day, she actually said that she might start it early, like four in the afternoon, so that it would be over by nine, because who'd want to stay until midnight anyway? OMG. Ummm....it's NEW YEAR'S EVE...everyone is going to stay until midnight! I think I better bring the champagne and champagne glasses, 'cuz I'm not sure she'll even think of it :rolleyes:

Does it take you a couple days to get Joey back in compliance to your rules after a few days away? My mom is the same way with my kids. It's all about the fun stuff. That's okay with me, because they've always loved being with her which relieves me of any worry. So what if they get cookies for breakfast for a few days?

The crappy weather has started here. They're predicting 5-8 inches of snow. How is it in your neck of the woods? Drive safely as you venture out today.

Okay, PHEW, I think I have a pretty good handle on things now. There isn't much actually packed at this point but I've managed to pick out clothes for both myself and DS for the weekend. Now all I have to do is get it all in bags and lay out DH's suit. He will actually pick out and pack his OWN STUFF when he gets home from work. Praise be to God-It's a miracle! LMAO! :p

So anyway, that's funny about your sis and you, Jen. Do you girls take after particular members of your family in your personalities? My dad was clearly the more straight arrow quiet type while my mom was always more of the outgoing crazy one. I am a mix of both I think.

Who hosts a NYE party that doesn't include champagne!? :rolleyes: Don't you think her DH will think of it? I sure hope so! :eek:

Yes, Joey definately needs a few days to get back to "normal" after coming home from my inlaws. I admit it can frustrate me and make me not want to send him there as often but what are ya gonna do, right? My mom isn't as leanient with him so there is no real backlash from visits with her.

Okay, DS wants breakfast so I gotta go! :D

I'll be back though. ;)

BTW girls...I drank a 1/2 gallon of water yesterday! This is a major accomplishment for me!!!!!:D

Ofcourse, it's going out the window for the next few days because when I go down to AC my main bev is ALCOHOL! :eek:

Hi ladies !

Just checkin' in quickly - got lots to do at work - they always spring an early day on me when I am swamped.

No workout as of yet - finished up a couple of webcasts when DH started snoring at 4:30 this AM ! :eek:

Wendy - have a super great time if I don't make it back before you leave.

Jen - sounds like you have a nice night in store for you also. I have been up way too early the last few mornings so not sure how long I'll make it tonight. Funny - DH was mentioned getting some champagne for the spa tonight and then later at 12 ! WTH - he is never like that. We will see . . . he is off today so I'll let him do the "work" this time.

Hi to the rest of you. Will probably be back later but most likely not until after work.

Take care and a very happy new year to any of you I will miss later.

P.S. Time for us to think about new goals for 2009, yes ? ;)

Hi girls.

Quickie check in to say I got 3 miles in on the TM before I had to bag it due to very painful chaffing under my arms. :( The u/b work out I had intended on doing will not get done. I was too lazy to do it this morning and have no more time left. Oh well.

Have a happy and healthy start to the new year no matter how you choose to celebrate and I will be back in 2009 ladies!

WOO HOO!

Ciao bellas! :D

Hey Ladies,

I caught up on my recorded shows this morning and didn't really feel like working out. I perused the beachbody site looking for workout logs for CLX but couldn't find any. Another Catheite is creating an excel log for CLX and I requested a copy from her.

I finally put on my workout clothes and did BURN 1. I really liked it. My forearms and wrists were a little uncomfortable using heavy weights with such a slow count. Afterwards I decided to give her interval w/o a try. It had a cardio segment followed by an endurance weight segment. I also liked this workout so I did the ab burner and ab extreme w/o's. This is my first Chalene experience and I like her. She's no Cathe by any means but I thought she was fine. I'm definitely leaning towards following this program.

Jen-hope you were successful getting your xmas decorations put away. Have a wonderful time at your sister NYE party. We were supposed to go to my nephew's but I didn't really want to go so DH said no problem, he would stay home with me. He and the boys are out renting movies to watch tonight and buy champagne.

Wendy-I'm sure I probably missed you. Great job getting a run in before your trip. Have fun and win BBBIIIIIGGGGGG!!!

Jacque-My DH is a snorer also. He keeps me up sometimes and I get so mad at him. I'm with you on the goals for 2009. I need to commit to weighing myself weekly, taking bf% monthly and measurements and also taking a monthly photograph to chart my progress.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe new year!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.