Damage Control December...The Day After (Fri)

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

How was everyone's holiday? How did you do on the eating front? I did OKAY actually. I ate. I certainly did not go hungry BUT I practiced portion control so I was never overly full or uncomfortable or regretting eating something. :)

Yesterday was a rest day. Today will be a kettle bell work out. I want to run but it's just not going to happen today.

Tonight we are going to my mom's house to celebrate Christmas with her and her SO and then on Sunday we go back to my mom's where we will visit with my sister and her family for the holiday. I have lots of Christmases this year! :D

Well unfortunately both myself and DH have to work today. BUMMER. Joey is off of school for winter vacation so he'll be coming with me (and driving me nuts, no doubt. :p). I am praying it's very quiet morning in the gym daycare this morning...

No energy for a morning work out so it'll get done this afternoon.

BBL!

Good Morning Ladies!

The family had a wonderful day yesterday. The eating was terrible. The meals were good, breakfast was ham, scrambled eggs & toast, dinner was prime rib, salad, raw veggies and a bit of potatoes. It was all the snacking on the cookies etc that was my downfall. I'm back on the wagon today.

What was your favorite gift-or what did you get??? I got a tom tom nav, seat covers, picture frames, and of course my new workouts-3 kb w/o and Chalean Extreme.

My house is a disaster so cleanmax is on the agenda today. There are times I wish we could afford a housecleaner. It's not in the budget and probably never will be. Of course I'm sure once we get all the gifts put away the house will look much better. We also need to babyproof the family room since my grandbabies are coming in tonight.:)

Kettlebells-here I come. I'm going to try out one of my new kb w/o's and my 20#kb. I previewed a bit of KBway, Empire State so I think I'll start with that one. I may add in some cardio too.

Jacque-thanks for the beautiful ecard! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family!

Wendy-Sorry you and DH have to work. My DH is working also. He works for the State so he gets all the government Holidays off.

I'll bbl and let you know how I did with the KB w/o.

OM Goodness, I just looked at the time and I've been perusing the forums, checking email etc for an hour and half. I need to get off my duff and get busy!

Have a great one ladies.

Good Afternoon, Ladies!! How was everyone's Christmas?

I'm typing from my laptop...woohoo!! Finally got cable and internet back on Wednesday afternoon, which was one day shy of two weeks without it :mad:

The kids and I had a great day yesterday. They got everything they wanted, and then some, and I got Wii Fit from my BF. He's always thinkin'. He figured that it'll be a while before I'm strong enough to go back to my Cathe workouts, so he thought Wii Fit might be just the thing to start me back on the road to fitness. Plus, it allows me to do something fitness related right in the luxury of my own living room, and not in freezing cold temps in the garage. I'm so happy about it. DS helped me set up my profile today, and after my initial tests, it rated my Wii Fit age to be 34 (I'm 37)! Not too shabby for a girl who had NO AB STRENGTH right now, and just went through major surgery :p (Thanks for letting me brag ;))

Diana, you're going to love your kettlebells! They're kind of deceptive at first, because you think "This isn't so hard...". But then tomorrow you'll probably feel muscles you didn't know you had. They're a great workout and a lot of fun. I'm with you on the post-Christmas disaster clean up. Except I'm "directing" while the kids do all the work ;)

Wendy, ugh, sorry you're working today. Good job on the portion control! The holidays are a real challenge for that because everything is just so darn good! My BIL cooked yesterday and everything was delicious, but according to him, "extremely fattening" :eek: Fortunately, I've got a kind of naturaly portion control thing going on these days and just can't eat much, so I don't think I did too much damage yesterday. How did DH like his Christmas gifts?

Well, I'm going to surf around the forums a little bit and see if I can't catch up with you girls. I'll BBL to see if anyone popped in!

Jen

Hello Ladies .... sounds like everyone had a great Christmas .. I know we did .. Christmas exploded all over .. LOL!!! Did good on the eats .. the turkey was fine .. no w/o yesterday ... just visited w/the family and tried to get the gifts put up ... ugh . impossible!!! Have to put away Christmas decorations first .. so that is what I am taking a break from now .. YIKES .. do I ever hate taking all this stuff down and packing it up .. trips up and down stairs .. Going to tackle the tree next .. DH is at work .. so it is all up to me to take it down and drag it outside .. should be good for a good w/o and laugh!!:confused:

I did not w/o yesterday .. but did Tracy Long TLT butts and legs and cardio .. another w/o I have not done in a while .. and me thinks my rear end will be in pain AGAIN tommorrow .. :eek:

I am on vacation today AND next week .. wwoooooo hoooooo ..

Di ... I know you are so excited about the gandbabies ... so I guess the weather let up so they are going to be able to make it ... can imagine you will be on pins and needles till they get there huh?? It is STILL warm here .. and dreary .. it has rained every day so far .. yuck!! Have fun w/the girls .. take some pics!!

Wendy .. bummer on having to work today ... it was so nice to sleep in .. think I rubbed it in to DH all night last night about me not having to work .. LOL~! I am ready for some slot play now .. how 'bout you???

Jen .. so glad you checked in .. hope the kiddies and BF are spoiling you rotten .. so glad you had a great Christmas ..

OK .. have put off the tree long enough .. gotta get to it .. to all that follow hope you post Christmas finds you wonderful and full of energy!! have a great one!! Will try to bbl to see what you are up to!!:D

Hi Girls.

A quickie here. Gotta jump in the shower soon!

Well a longer then usual nap this afternoon left me feeling groggy and totally unenthused about a work out. That being said, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do. A bell work out was on tap but I wasn't in the mood for an all out 40 min deal so I chose KB Goddess Cardio Endurance premix (20 minutes) and followed it up with blasts 6-10 of Imax 3.

I am just thankful that I pushed myself to do anything and what I did felt like a good work out even though it wasn't the kind of work out that I had originally intended.

Eats...

B: kashi go lean cereal w/ff milk
S: apple
L: usual turkey sandwich, pria bar
Post nap/pre work out sugar craving killer: 1 mini cheese cake-bite size (about 50 cals)
Post work out: Protein shake-8 oz ff milk/1 sc pro pwdr

Hittin' the shower now and then it's off to mom's for the evening once DH gets home and cleans up....

Have a great night girls and I promise to catch up on personals as soon as I can!:)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.