Damage Control Dec...Mon...The Christmas count down continues

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Chicas. :)

Today's work out will be B&G leg blast premix and L&G floor work as per the rotation. I will also try to add in the abs I missed y'day. I didn't even realize this was the next work out when I was blathering on about not being able to run today! LOL TBH though I would have pushed B&G off until tmrw in favor of a 5 miler if I could but it's not gonna happen so B&G it is. I may still rush out to the gym when DH gets home for a short run b4 he goes bowling though. ;)

So I weighed myself and did my BF% this morning. I've only lost 1.5 pounds since the beginning of the month but I do admit to feeling a lot better already. I wore a pair of jeans yesterday that had gotten tight on me. They are not what they were before the weight gain but they did fit a bit better so I'll take it. My BF is only up slightly from when I last took it in Aug. It's up not even .5%. I don't know what it was at the beginning of the month though. I should have taken it. GRRRR. That being said, I have some work to do still though. My BF is up about 2% from where it was when I finished the X rotation in Jan of last year and I want it to go back down! Looks like STS is being released at just the right time!!!!!!!;):D

Laura: Good job finishing up the shopping. So did you do B&G with a weighted vest!? ;) How's the tushy feelin' this morning? Able to sit on the toilet or were you forced to squat? LMAO!

Diana: Yay for a 20# kb! :) So did you work out or wrap gifts last night? I have to start wrapping. Maybe today since I'll be home most of the day with DS.

Last edited:
I'm so happy. I just bought DH his main Christmas gift. It was a total last minute inspiration that I got when I opened up my email this morning. I got 2 tickets to a Broadway show on Valentine's Day for us. The show is called "You're Welcome America" and it stars Will Ferrell. I think DH will really enjoy it and having the tix for V day means we have automatic plans for that day so we don't have to hem and haw over what to do. Now all I have to do is grab an "instant gratification" gift for him and I'm DONE! :D

Just finished breakfast. I schlarfed (nice word, huh? LOL) down oatmeal with 1/2 sc protein powder and some natural p/b in it. It was alot and I ate it too fast. Now I feel minimally ill....:confused:

Feeling better finally but gotta take DS to the doctor soon so I'll do my work out at nap time!

Hope someone pops in while I'm gone!:)

Good Morning Ladies,

I wrapped presents last night but I'm not done yet. As a matter of fact, I'm not done shopping. I still need to get Amanda's grandma something. After all, if she wasn't paying her own airfare to help Amanda bring the girls we wouldn't get to see them this holiday. Any suggestions??? I'm thinking a digital frame or even one of those family size frames that I could even put pictures of their great granddaughters in.

DH and I both woke up in the middle of the night and it took forever to get back to sleep. DH was teasing me that (like a small child) I was getting excited for xmas to get here. I think it was more stress about everything I have left to do.

The rotation calls for chest & triceps. I'll be adding on cardio, lowmax. Hopefully I can finish up my shopping after my MRI today.

Let the baking commence::: I will be making cookies, peanut butter balls and other forbidden foods to take to my parents house, MIL's, SIL's and also for some good friends of ours.

I'm so looking forward to my new workouts. Chalean Extreme has shipped but won't be delivered until the 28th. I never received a shipping notice from AOS so I hope those workouts shipped as well. In the next week or so WE should all be getting ship notices from SNM. My plan of attack will be to start with the KB workouts (wendy's rotation) in January and work on the 1 rep max for STS. Maybe start STS in February. Not sure how I will fit CXT there.

Wendy-you are brave weighing and taking bf% at this time of year. I really need to buckle down on my eating. I have some jelly belly action going on that needs to be gone. I don't usually carry weight in the abs so I know I need to make immediate changes when the belly starts jigglin'.

Mornin' everyone-hope you all have a great Monday!!

Morning Ladies ....

Had a ROUGH Mon. morning .. got a flat coming into work. Luckily caught DH b-4 he had gone to sleep and he came to rescue me ... looks like a ran over a peice of deer horn or bone ???:confused: ??? but the tire was completely FLAT when he got there ... he plugged it twice and think it will be ok to drive now .. I was AN HOUR late for work :( ... can tell my PIA was talking about me ... :mad: .. she is such a hypocritical B### ... {{that was a grinch like statement huh?? .. but warranted .. trust me}}

SOOOOOOO as predicted I am so freaking sore today .. words can not describe!!! :confused: :eek: OK .. I almost could not get my underwear on this morning .. b/c it hurt to lift my legs and bend over at the same time .. yes the toilet up and down and the desk up and down have me MOANING today!! :confused:

Wendy .. hope DS checks out ok!!! WTG on working out last night after sooooo not wanting to ... very good!!! You could have missed it .. I had your back .. b/c I did the ENTIRE B&G .. and my rear end is screaming at me this morning!!

Di .. I know you are excited about seeing your grandbabies .. you probably are like a kid at Christmas ... I think a nice frame is a great gift for G-ma!!! do post some pics when you have a chance!!

OK .. Sat. we were around 80 degrees .. I wake up this morning and it is 24 degrees .. WTH??? talk about a huge difference ... I know all of you are a LOT worse .. saw the temps on the maps .. YOWZA .... bbbrrrrrrrrrr!

So today I will have to take a short lunch to make up some time .. need to buy ONE more gift .. and some stocking stuffers for DH ... then meeting w/ my closest friends after work for a mini-BF-outting!! Going to exchange gifts and nibble a bit and yes induldge in some CABS .. :eek::D I will be eating ok till then .. but all bets are off after 5 .. LOL

The eats today: cereal for brkfst - grapefruit for snack - lunch will be leftover Asian stir fry .. which was DELISH last night ... I have an apple and an orange for the afternoon snack .. tonight I am sure will be some dips and chips and VBF is making a veggie pizza ...

Have a great one .. workout for me today .. as I will not have time .. not to mention .. my rear end really could not take it !! :D

Well DS has bronchitis AGAIN! :confused: I have to pick up his prescription at the pharmacy later on. I hope he feels okay for the Christmas festivities. I think he'll be fine though as he'll have been on meds for a good couple of days by that point. :)

Off for a quick nap and then my work out.

I'll check back in with personals afterwards!

Toodles!

Hi Girls.

Work out is done. B&G leg blast (donning the weighted vest), L&G floor work and KPC abs are all DONE! Phew! That was a tough one! :eek: I did the stretch from both L&G and B&G in hopes that I'll be able to sit down tmrw! :p

Diana: I think a dig. picture frame is a great idea. Amanda's grandma is a great person for being willing to help her get the girls out to see you and your family. How sweet. :)

Laura: Sorry about the flat. Great luck there that you caught DH in time to come help you. As for PIA, it's always the ones who don't have the right to complain about another that complain the most. Just put her on IGNORE and move on! :) I am with you on the DOMS front. My ub is sore from y'day and tmrw my lb will likely be sore from today's work out. Oh what a wonderful feeling it is...to be IN PAIN! LOL :D

GTG 4 now but I'll be back!

Just a drive by to say I am totally failing on the exercise front right now !

Woke up at 3 and didn't get back to sleep so didn't feel like getting up to workout. Went to work a bit early and am now home as I thought I was having arrangements delivered for our Xmas lunch but now found out I have to make them! UGH ! And run around to get the token See's candy gifts.

Didn't get enought done yesterday so took tomorrow off. Hopefully get a workout in then if not tonight 'cuz I'm feeling LAZY ! ! ! :eek:

Hope to BBL to catch up on what y'all are up to.

Off and running to take our lunch choices to the restaurant and find out how many floral arrangements I have to make today.
:rolleyes:

Jacque: So sorry you are feeling the frenzy. Why the heck do you have to MAKE arrangements!?!? :eek:

Lunch: Usual turkey sandwich and pria bar.
Post Work out shake: 1/2 scoop protein pwdr, ff milk
Snack: Kashi Go Lean cereal with 1 tsp flax and ff milk.
Dinner: Left over tunafish cake on ww bread with slice of ff cheese and a little lite mayo.

Hey Girls,

I've had a busy day. I did one of A-Jocks mish mosh's this morning after chest & triceps. It was imax 3 blasts with either squats, lunges, or plie squats between the blasts, then 2 Boot Camp cardio's, more leg work between each two cardio cycles. It also called to Kick Max challenge but I skipped that and did B&G ab work.

On my way to the Dr. appt. I stopped an renewed my rec ctr membership for another year(with a $50 off coupon). Stopped at Target after my appt. and picked up a few things. Now all I have left is baking and wrapping!!! I'm making chocolate covered peanut butter balls, peanut clusters, and cookies. This is bad, but I'm using premade cookie dough this year. I don't have the time and don't want the mess. Some holiday spirit huh.

The eating has been good so far. My regular breakfast, but not until noon and then I had a granola bar on the way out of the store. I cannot go that many hours without eating and was turning into a real bi***. I'm warming up now with a cup of hot chocolate, not great I know.

Wendy-sorry dh has bronchitis again. I'm hoping the meds help him feel better before Santa arrives. B&G is a real goodie isn't it. I don't have a weight vest but I usually use heavier weights. Of course the non weighted lunge squat series is a real burner without weight-I can't imagine a weight vest during those.

Laura-So sorry about the flat tire. I hate car problems. Sounds like Wendy and I will be joinin' ya on the lower body doms tomorrow.

Jacque-I'm with you, this last minute frenzy is really stressing me out. Why do you have to make the arrangements??? Sounds like a miscommunication to me. I'm sure everything will get done.

Angie-what are you up to today??? I just got a call that a game I preordered is in. I wasn't expecting it until dec 28th. I guess I'll have to get that wrapped too.

Hi Dee Dee & Shirl, hope you are enjoying the holidays.

Diana: WTG with AJock's mish mosh. I've never done one of them. I am askeered of them!!!:eek:
I cannot go that many hours without eating and was turning into a real bi***
I hear ya on that one girl. Loud and clear! LOL
Trust me I was cryin' during the lunge/squat combo. It makes me cry with out the vest on so I knew takin' it off wouldn't be any great relief therefore I just dealt with the pain! :p I am curious to see how the DOMS is tmrw. The last time I did B&G in full with the vest I had NO DOMS! I truly think the leg blast premix is tougher then the original production though so I am fully expecting to be walking funny tmrw!:D

Since my dinner was small I fully expected to have a few snacks and I most certainly did! I had an apple, a small bowl of walnuts, craisins and dried cranberries, a 1/2 cup serving of the Samoa Icecream and last but not least my nightly glass of wine. I went over the 1/2 glass rule tonight though to finish the bottle. ;) Next up? Pino Grigio. Something new! :) Jen would be so proud! :D

Good night!

Hi girls

Well yesterday DH and I sat our butts in front of the TV and watched a comedy and drank beer.:eek: After a couple of those, there was no way I was working out. LOL! I got the bulk of my X-mas cards done before bed. Nothing like waiting until the last minute huh?

So, today I came home and did MM. Those low pulse lunges just kill me. It's not as tough as B&G, but I think I will be feeling my hinie tomorrow too.

Diana - Yeah on the 20# KB. You should get you AOS stuff soon. I've already gotten 2 of my 3 packages so they ship super fast. I never got a delivery email either.
I have a low high traffic berber carpet so there is no wear, even in the high traffic areas. When we had it installed it was recommended that we get a very thick pad for the basement floor to help keep the basement warmer and also to absorb the hardness of the cement floor. I'm so glad we did. But still, when exercising on a cement floor, with or without padding, there is not much give.
I've got to make some more goodies tomorrow too. I have to make something for the post office staff that is right next door to our business. I'll be making some holiday rice krispy treats, brownines, and cookies.:p

Laura - Can you say party central?? LOL! It sounds like you are having a fantabulous time with your get togethers.:D Tis the season eh?;)
You have me considering B&G this week.....I'm hurting just thinking of it.
Car troubles? Ug! What a way to start a Monday.:( Thank goodness for DH's!!

Wendy - Hope you get some good sleep tonight to help ward off those butt DOMS for tomorrow.;)
Oooooo - Will Ferrell - LOVE him! He just completely cracks me up.:D That's a great gift.....you guys will have a blast.
Poor Joey - hope he gets feelin' better soon. He sure does sound like a trooper. Is he excited about Santa yet?
Hmmmm - I've never done the B&G leg blast premix. It's worse than the original????:eek::eek: OK - now I'm skeered.

Jacque - Ha - I couldn't make a floral arrangement if my life depended on it. Well, I guess I could, but I doubt anyone would really want it. *lol* You are a jack of all trades aren't you?
I'm sure that day tomorrow will be just the thing to get you caught up and back on track. Wooohoooo! It'll be a short week for sure.

OK Jen - I'm a bit concerned since you said you'd be here and still aren't. I'm hoping it's b/c your internet is still in limbo and not b/c you have had to make another visit to the hospital. Please check in when you can just to let us know you are OK - if even on your phone - K?

I'll be around tomorrow. Got some cleaning to do and have to finish up the wrapping. I don't have much left thank goodness. I do have a toy rabbit to wrap for the dog though.:rolleyes:

Ta Ta

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.