! ! ! DAMAGE CONTROL for 2009 ! ! !

Sunshine1528

Cathlete
Well, in the absence of Wendy who is hopefully winning big, I will get us started this New Year with wishes for the best year ever !

Nothing really exciting for me last night - I actually got a big bout of the blues about half way through my work day and just needed to "lose it" for a bit. . . What horrible timing.

Done with that and ready to hit the exercise room for a good round of GS BB&S. Think it will be the timesaver version (if there is one) as I have been playing and losing time quickly. :eek:

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R

8_6_11v.gif

to all you chickadees and your families. Hope last night was fun and the year will begin with a BANG ! :p

BBL to chat if anyone shows up. ;)

Hi Jacque and all who follow!!

I joined you in the blues meltdown yesterday :( But spending time with friends last night seemed to rid me of those blues :D so all is well.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

No special plans for me today. In fact, all we've done since getting out of bed today is watch the Bones marathon on TNT. And I'm okay with that :p

BBS to see if anyone has popped in ~

Jen

Hi Ladies,

I would've been here sooner but DH was hogging the computer this morning and I wasn't about to kick him off. We just stayed in and watched movies last night. It was a nice relaxing night. I did eat an entire Dove dark chocolate bar over the course of 3 hours. It was delicious.

This morning I went down and did KPC. Then I decided to try Providence, the last KB workout I hadn't tried. I definitely should've done this one before doing Newport. Newport is a very tough workout for me. I may have to send it off to Wendy.

Not sure if you saw my post last night, but I'm going to go ahead with the CLX program and see how it goes. I also resolve to weigh myself weekly, take bodyfat% and measurements monthly, and get a handle on the eating front.

We need to call our homeowners insurance as a section or so of our backyard fence blew down as well as some shingles off the roof. I hate this kind of stuff. We've had a couple of leaks with our roof but the insurance hasn't offered to pay for a new one yet. DH has patched it several times but I do think a new one is in store.

Does anyone want to share their resolutions?? I'm not big on resolutions but I'm hoping it will help this year. Also, DH wants to retire early so we are really going to be hitting the bills hard this year. He want to retire debt free at 55, which is another 12 years. I'm comfortable with some debt, but he doesn't want any.

Jerod and I are off to run some errands, hit target, the recycle center and the bank. Then I get the fun job of paying bills and balancing the check book-yuk! Oh well, it's got to be done.

Jen & Jacque-sorry about the blues hitting yesterday. What terrible timing. It sounds like you are both doing better today.

Where is everyone else today, hungover????

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!

We had a BLAST in Biloxi ... I came home w/ a 100 more than I took .. I am a happy camper .. DH LOST again!! Last night had friends join us and we cooked and talked .. and watch Dick Clark .. got in bed around 2 ish .. slept in .. then got up cooked black eyed peas .. and collards .. and cornbread .. mmm mmm mmm.. then we to the creek and checked fish baskets .. got a good haul this time!!:D DH came home went to the woods ..didnt bag anything .. but we had walkie talkies and sounds like SIL and DB BOTH got one .. :) .. we may have to pay them to get some deer for us this year .. LOL!!

About to cook some Mexican cornbread and go over to our cabin .. our LA buddies are down and they invited us for jambaliya .. should be great ..

no workouts to report .. but that will change tommorrow .. the eats were ok on vacation and we stayed on the go so I am not feeling fat ... thank goodness .. but feeling I need to sweat out some CABS .. LOL... to which I will adding more tonight .. :eek: ..

Di so glad the Gbabies are doing fine .. prbly a long haul for them .. we want pictures ...

Jen .. glad your friends lifted your spirits .. hope you are doing well ..

Jacque .. NYE is no time for the blues .. glad you came out of the funk .. and was able to have a wonderful time!!!

OK girlies I am off to party some more .. the vacation continues .. LOL!!! hope all of you have a wonderful new year .. and have everything health .. happiness .. whatever your hearts desire!!:D

Wendy hope you have as good a time as I did in Biloxi .. I was up and down .. but hit 2 good times and made it back ... hope you are winning!!!

Happy New Year!
champagne-088.gif

Hiya Damage Controllers

I don't know about you all....but I have been crazy busy the last few days. At the last minute I found out that BF and her clan was coming over for New Years.:eek: I wasn't sure if we were going over there or vice versa. So, I got home from work early and started cleaning like a mad woman and was able to squeeze in Step-n-Intervals b/c it was a short one. We had a great time just BS'in. I drank way too much....went to bed at 2 and then got up at 9 b/c the dog was barkin at a squirrel. I was only up for 10 minutes and went back to bed til 11. I felt MUCH better after getting up the second time. I even felt good enough to do PUB a bit later in the day.

Wendy - I know you are in AC....hopefully having a fabo time.:D
I do have a bruised right forearm. Apparently the war wounds are to be expected when trying out KB's for the first time.:confused: I have a 15# KB coming my way this weekend. I think I need to lighten to that for snatches too and clean and presses as well.....at least until I can perfect my form.
Thanks for your thoughts on the bike. I am leaning towards a spin bike and will definitely have to look into those gel butt packs. *lol*

Jen - Cracked up at your surgeons comment. Ya - have to agree - want someone who's got talent. Buty why oh why can't they have talent AND personality?? Too much to ask for I guess.
Kids go back Monday, which can't come soon enough for me, if ya know whaata mean!
So you used your best persuasive powers on SO huh? SO doesn't stand a chance. I'll bet you'll have an offer in by next week.;)
Also cracked up at forgetting the champagne. Um, I did the same thing! Although, I had a bottle chillin' in the beer frig and I do have flutes on hand, so I had my bases covered. BF knows I overlook things like that though and brought her own anyways.

Diana - I heard about the wind problem in Denver and thought of you. Sorry about the damage it left behind. IA, working with the insurance companies can be a hassle.
So glad you got to enjoy some great quality time with the girls. Did they leave already?
Nope, haven't done Newport yet. I know that is a tough one, so I'm gonna save it until I get my form down a bit better. I really feel like my shoulder is vulernable with those overhead presses and so I want more practice before I tackle that one, and am gonna lighten to 15# with those too.
I heard about those scratches on CLX discs. What's up with that?? So glad you are liking the system. I'm sure I will cave.......:rolleyes:
Resolutions? Well, I don't generally do them, but I do have a goal to see a dermatologist for a full screen for skin cancer. Sounds like a fun goal huh? It's something I know I should have done and have put it off for what seems like forever!
Your financial goals sound noble indeed. I gotta say, I have the same discomfort with debt that your DH does. I don't like it one bit! Actually at this time last year DH and I wanted to pay off the house in 08 and did in fact reach that goal in December so we are just thrilled!! It's a great feeling knowing that everything you have is paid for.....very liberating, especially in these financial times. You're gonna love it when you reach that goal - I guarantee it!
As far as the fitness resolutions..... well, I wouldn't really say it's a resolution, but I'm definitely going to start tracking my eats on Monday as well as planning my meals ahead, which is something I haven't done for weeks now. I cleaned out the frig yesterday, so I'm ready to start over!

Jacque - *lol* I hear ya girl - I was doggin' it with Sean a couple of days ago. I thought I was gonna die on the EXT. Feeling green?? Uh, yea.....you could say that. LOL!
I don't reach for DM very often and I'm not sure why. I'll have to try some premixes on that.
So you worked on NYD? Boo! I have to go in tomorrow b/c I couldn't process payroll on Wednesday. Our paydays are on Thrusdays, but the unemployment agency still hasn't sent our new tax rate for 2009. :mad: Why do they wait until the last couple days of Dec to mail those out? It really makes me mad....after I get caught up at work, I'm going to email my legislators and complain.....there's just no reason for it.
Sorry about the holiday blues. I've been hit with the holiday crankies, but have avoided the blues. Glad you're feeling better now though. I think this time of year is tough on everyone.

Laura - Glad you're back and richer than when you left! Ha! Now that's the way to do it.
The food sounds yummy. So is this hunting and fishing prime in your neck of the woods? Our deer season is Nov 15th until Dec 1st. So, it seems strange to me to hear folks getting deer this time of year. Also, the ice isn't quite thick enough to go ice fishing yet.....although I'm sure there are some idiots out there pressing their luck. We got a bunch of rain last Saturday that took out a lot of ice and snow. So I wouldn't be caught dead on that ice right now.

I'll catch up with you ladies later

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.