Damage Control~Tuesday, June 2

irishrose

Cathlete
Good Morning, girls!

Thought I'd get us started while I have the time, sitting here on my duff having my coffee because I can't workout today. I seem to have hurt myself somehow, and have this nagging pain under my ribs, almost like a stitch if you run too hard too fast, you know?, but worse. I could barely move around in bed last night. :mad: I think I've got to let it heal, and I'm not sure how long that'll take. Think I'll have to stick to long walks for a couple days.

Wendy: You're having some bad luck with the cars! Argh! Hope it's minor and you have it back soon. Sounds like the interview went well. That rocks that it's casual attire and you won't have to buy a whole new wardrobe. I remember going through that and it can be frustrating because it takes a while to build it up.

Laura: I feel for you and your fear of flying. I avoid it completely if I can, but last year my boss sent me on a trip to Miami for a seminar she thought I should take, and I went alone! It was the first time I'd been on a plane in 14 years and I was scared sh*tless! But it obviously went well, and yours will too! There's an article on Yahoo this morning about how rare incidents like Air France are these days. We unfortunately only hear about the bad news and don't hear about the hundreds of safe landings every day. Maybe you can try to keep that in mind. And if that doesn't work, do what I did...two cosmos before boarding the plane :D So what if it was eleven in the morning? It worked.

Lori: Geesh, you were one active girl yesterday! I bet you got a million steps in for the day ;) I actually love days like that, because then I'm able to crash when I hit the pillow and don't move all night. Days like the way today is going to be drive me nuts.

Hello to Jacque and Diana!

Time to get ready for work, but will bbl~

Jen

Morning Glories.

Well, I wanted to do upper body today but it's lookin' like it'll be a no go. My elbow starting hurting me y'day afternoon/evening and is still hurting today. There is no way I can do an upper body work out like this. UGH. That being said I will do core and cardio. I will give Jackie's One on One core work out a try and add some cardio to it from somewhere...perhaps the Biggest Loser Cardio Max work out. That's a new one I haven't tried yet! :D

Lori:
Scale is back down for me...it usually doesn't take much.
Oh yeah sure. Just rub it in why don't you! :p
I sure DID want to throw up when I looked in the mirror a few months ago! I had lost all definition in my abs and my gut was sticking out unacceptably far.:eek: So you think you got enough cardio in y'day with the run, the walk AND the jog? Jeesh! :D
I should hear about the job in the next 1-2 weeks. :eek:

Laura: Well you can get the LESS drowsy version of Dramamine and have some wine with it like I did ;), or you can get the full strength stuff and just pass out! LOL Thanks re the interview!!!!:)

Jen: Sorry you are hurt/in pain. That makes two Damage Controller down just like my 2 cars! LOL But seriously though, I hope we both feel better FAST and that no one else gets hurt in the mean time! :eek: Thanks re the job interview. The next week or so is going to go sooooooo s-l-o-w-l-y! LOL

Well, I am all dressed and ready to walk to school! Gosh, I haven't done this in 20 years! :D;)

BBL for sure. It's not like I can GO anywhere today! :rolleyes:

Good Morning Gals!:)

Well....I checked in late last night so I don't have much to say this early in the morning;) I am trying to get the rooms cleaned up but DS is being DS and won't let me do anything. But hey, atleast I am getting to check in!:D

I am going for a run this a.m with my running partner. We will probably leave around 10'ish which gives me lots of time to get those rooms straightened out and beds made:rolleyes: The dog scoots from room to room every night so I never know which bed I am going to vacumm off in the mornings. Since when did I think dog fur was disgusting? I never use to be like that...but I guess after yrs of having the dogs live downstairs I got use to not seeing much of it. Before we moved here the 2 dogs had full run and what a mess my house was in. I would have to sweep 2x's a day. It isn't that bad now but I still have to do rooms once a day........

Jen** sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Do you think you hurt yourself when working out or just doing normal duties? Injuries are no fun. I haven't had one now in a long time "knock on wood!"! Hopefully it won't last long!

I will bbl to report my workout. Im not sure what I am doing all day, I think its suppose to rain after lunch!

Lori:)

Wendy** we checked in at the sametime! If we aren't starting the thread at the same time, then we are checking in at the same time!:p Yes....I was trying to rub it in your face;) Actually since after having DS the scale usually doesn't go up much more then 126 and when it does, something usually happens in my life that makes it magically disappear (like DS being in the hospital) Before having him though, I couldn't get below 128, I don't ever think I seen 127...I would eat good for 2 days then call it quits, telling myself I looked fine. Which I probably did. I think my shape as changed since having him.
Have fun walking to school! Don't kick any boys!

BBL!
Lori:D

LOL about kicking boys, Lori! :p I am in better shape post-baby then I ever was prior to getting pregnant myself but am having a devil of a time getting these few extra pounds off. Perhaps it's just not meant to be. *sigh* I eat well the majority of the time too! :rolleyes: Oh well. Like I said, I'm not unsatisfied with how I look these days. Just constantly striving for improvement. That's what keeps me motivated I suppose. :)

Well, almost time to head out! I want a few extra minutes to stop and get my coffee on the way! ;)

Early morning for me, or just checking in really late from yesterday? :confused:

By the time I got home last night I was pretty "blah", but started figuring out my rotation for the month: Here it is - used Debbie's June 09 Get Ready for Summer and inserted KB's and CC's. (May add a few shorter runs in somewhere). Started last night and didn't finishe until late so never made it back here.

WEEK 1
Day 1: AOS Providence
Day 2: Kick, Punch & Crunch - no abs
Day 3: AOS Newport
Day 4: CC #4
Day 5: Butts & Gutts + abs
Day 6: Low Max
Day 7: Rest

WEEK 2
Day 1: AOS Firepower
Day 2: Kick Max (no abs)
Day 3: AOS Providence
Day 4: CC #6
Day 5: Legs & Glutes + BM2 ab work
Day 6: Drill Max Ultra Cardio Blast premix

WEEK 3
Day 1: AOS Newport
Day 2: Cardio Kicks
Day 3: AOS Firepower
Day 4: CC #5
Day 5: CTX Leaner Legs + SJ&P ab work
Day 6: Imax 2

WEEK 4
Day 1: AOS Providence
Day 2: Kick, Punch & Crunch Intermediate + Combo 1 & 2 + High premix
Day 3: AOS Newport
Day 4: CCPP
Day 5: Butts & Guts Overall Legs premix
Day 6: Cardio Fusion Premix

Generic breakdown:
Day 1: Total Body workout
Day 2: Cardio
Day 3: Circuit workout
Day 4: Cardio
Day 5: Lower Body
Day 6: Cardio

Wendy - Dang girl - only one car ? What a bummer for you. At least you'll get your extra steps in today, huh? Too bad you didn't have time to get the pedometer ! :p LOL you'll be back since you can't go anywhere ! Will you be able to get one of the cars fixed soon? Or are you stuck for a while?

Lori - what a running, walking, jogging Damage Controller you were yesterday ! Sounds like you have a busy day planned. Know whatcha mean about the dog hair - our dog hair mixes with the bird feathers ! :eek: All of a sudden a "floating pile of fluff" will get dislodged from somewhere that wasn't visible and start making it's way around the dining room. Never ending . . . Hope your run goes well.

Jen - Sorry about the "stitch". I have had a couple lately though not to the point where I couldn't sleep - thank goodness. I am up early this AM (4 to be exact) which is 2 hours early for me ! Today will be a tired day . . . :confused: Hope that your walking today will relieve it a bit. I have resorted to a heating pad a few times and it has helped.

Laura - Don't fret about the flight . . . Be like me - just hang on for dear life to the arm rests until you touch back down ! Kidding ! :D I get nervous with lots of turbulence but normally only take pretty short flights. You will be fine . . . I like the cosmo idea though . . . :rolleyes: You will have a blast of a time, just concentrate on that ! Hope work goes by quickly for you today.

Diana - haven't scrounged up permission to "visit us" again? LOL ! Hope you are having the time of your life with all your "kids" !

OK - off to lay down for a few minutes before I have to get up.

By the way - Did Providence last night ! Woo Hoo that was great ! I am so ready for a change from just lifting DB's and BB's. Am hoping this rotation will help my scale go down like the rest of you here ! :p

Last edited:
Well it took me about an hour to get Joey to school and get back home again. I missed a down pour by about 10 minutes! TG for small miracles! It was short but I would have been SOAKED had I gotten caught in it! :eek:

Jacque: Your rotation looks great! Very creative! Perhaps I'll have to print it out for future use! ;) You took the words right out of my mouth! I'm mad that I don't have the pedometer yet! I was going to wear my garmin but was in a rush this morning and forgot. Perhaps I'll remember to wear it this afternoon when I go to pick him up though. :) Glad you enjoyed Providence. I have the remake of that. It's a goodie for sure! :)

Morning girlies!!!

SOOOOOOO the day b-4 my flight .. still a bundle of nerves mixed w/stress of catching up at work .. and anxiety of packing and hoping I dont leave anything .. ahhhhhhhhhh:confused:... yes I think I am going w/a mix of dramamine and alcohol .. have an early flight so I will have to be a "sot" .. maybe a bloody mary (or two or three) .. ??? ... thanks for all the advice and well wishes .. I wished I liked flying .. and I should know how may 1,000's of flights per day fly successfully and concentrate on them not the few horrible ones that the news people obsess over.. ok .. just gonna have to say my prayers .. close my eyes .. drink my drinks and hang on for dear life !!! :)

So last night was circuit w/triple sets ... :confused: .. OH MY .. MY hammies and buttocks are screaming at me today .. LOL!!! I was drenched it was a great workout .. I canceled tonight's class gotta get everything packed and ready .. SIL is teaching the rest of the week for me!

My big dog Buster saw me getting their food together for the week .. :( .. OMG he looked devestated .. he refused to eat this morning!!! Pittiful baby!!! he is really gonna freak when he sees the suitcases!!! Poor baby dog .. he is another one I am worried about .. he is older and it is SO HOT here .. but I know my aunt will take good care of him and my other babies!

Wendy ... OMG car trouble YUCK!! and DOUBLE yuck!! well you can look on the bright side .. you will be getting 2 one hour extra cardio walks in .. :) ... hope the elbow prblm is no biggie ...

Lori .. LOL about the dog hair . . I always leave the cleaning as last thing to do .. I saw lots of little "puffs" floating around this morning .. it erks me too ..but I am gonna get that last ..I like to leave a clean house ... and TG that someone else worries like I do .. that is exactly what I have been doing .. imagining all kinds of terrible scenerios .. and yes .. ystdy morning had that feeling "oh I am not going to be able to get on that plane" .. then I get mad at myself for being such a worry wart and scardy cat .. LOL!

Jacque ... nice rotation ... I have fell off my food and exercise wagon .. w/this trip .. then coming home and have another trip to the beach and fishing trips .. after NEXT week I will have to revamp myself and get back on the right trail!!

Jen .. I know the "stitch" you are talking about . . I get one in my right oblique ... I had an appendectomy and my intestines were adhesed to my abdomen ..and since that surgery .. If I really work my obliques hard I get the stitch ... yea .. feels like the ones you get running only you are sitting still!!! :confused: Take it easy!!

Di .. know you are enjoying every second of you DGB!!! have fun!

OK .. I gotta get to work .. thanks for the well wishes .. keep those positive vibes and safe flight prayers going ... and how bout throwing in .. an "oh I hope Laura doesnt freak out on the plane" vibe in too!! :eek::p have a great one!

Just finished my work out. I did Jackie's One on One Training Core work out and Biggest Loser Cardio Max Level 1 work out only. Good stuff! Looks like I really hit the jackpot with these work outs so far! :D

OK .. didnt get to take a short lunch .. errands took the whole thing . . I am officially "checked in" for tmrw flight .. :confused::D ..:confused: .. now gotta go home and get my crap together .. I cant find my brand new camera :mad: I am hoping once I get things cleared out I will be able to run across it .. ticks me off . should have looked for it earlier .. but I thought it was in my glove box .. humph!!!

OK girlies .. I fully expect all of you to work extra hard for me ... LOL .. b/c I will be pigging out and induldging in many CABS ... I am not taking my laptop .. so I will be MIA for a while ... will try to check in when we get home .. remember "safe flight" vibes please!!! :)

Just talked to DH he is off fishing .. just getting in .. had two PERFECT days at sea .. loads of fish . . hoping he gets in early .. he will be conked out on the flight .. I will be shaking in my flip flops by myself .. LOL!

Have a great one!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.