Damage Control***Back to Work Monday

Well Happy Happy Monday from work ladies !

(Yep, just kidding ! :p ).

Was awake early so got an early start on my GS Legs - standing work only. Done and felt it a bit while doing it too !

Got an early start at work too so am happy that I'll be leaving early ! Now that is a true happy ! :D

Hope you all have a nice day - BB at lunch to check to see if we have more than 3 posters now that the holiday season is truly over.

Monday .. triple ugh!!!

Hey girlies ..

Sorry I have been MIA .. totally running/on the go .. and company 24/7 .. sorry!! Have been hunting .. and fishing .. got some nice catfish ... the weather has been in the 70's and only around 58 at night ... and RAINY!! Yuck .. supposed to get more rain this p.m. ... and tommorrow .. but then supposed to get a bit cooler .. in the 50's and 40s at night .. :confused: .. sure is the mildest Dec. and Jan I can remember .. and the COLDEST Nov .. go figure!!

So went back to the dr w/the shoulder .. it is better - but still have limited range of motion and imflammation .. so ...more ice ... more rest for a while .. he did say I could very light upper body weight .. still NO pushups.. :confused: .. not what I wanted to hear but will take it I suppose .. to go back in 2 weeks and hope for almost a full recovery .. he said my strength should come back quickly once released to workout (it better) ...

Jacque .. WTG on getting w/o early .. I really need to make myself get up and do a quickie in the morning...but I am running like a mad man in the a.m. doing good to get myself out the door much less a w/o! LOL

Di .. what is Burn Circuit?? (dare I ask) ..

Ang .. our deer season runs till almost the end of Jan . . then turkey season starts .. we are fishing b/c it is so freaking mild here .. the deep sea fishing wont start till March or so .. and it will be different w/no house this year .. gotta wonder how that is going to affect our going ???

Wendy .. I hope you won big .. have not had time to check prv post .. sorry if you already let us know .. I brought home $100 more than I started with :D DH has "looser" tatooed on his forehead :confused: poor baby!!

Jen .. Hope you are feeling better .. and this new year will bring you strength and health!!

Dee Dee and Shirl .. hope your holidays were awesome!!

OK .. my desk looks like a war zone .. somehow my work never gets done when I am out!! OH .. and let me add .. I could REALLY get used to NOT working .. these last 2 weeks have been BLISS!!! :D But reality is I have to work :( ... Going to teach tonight .. it is gonna kill me ..:eek: .. not sure what I am going to do b/c of the shoulder injury .. ??? ... may just be cardio tonight ... IF the freaking sound system is fixed .. if not you girls will probably be able to hear my screaming in AL from where ever you are .. LOL!!! SURELY they got it fixed :( :confused:... about 3 more hours and I will find out!!!

Have a great one .. gotta get back to work ....

Hey Ladies,

I've been going through my emails for the past two weeks. It's taking forever do delete what is not needed and work on what needs to be done. Oh, I got a new flat screen monitor while I was out!

I woke Jerod up (like I always do)before heading to the basement to work out. He never got up. I came back up at 8:30, the same time school starts...to find him still in bed. I was not happy and he knew not to ask for a ride. I did write him a tardy note though.

The landscaper called and wanted to talk about his quote. We need to have a lot of dirt removed from our backyard. Because the gate/entrance to the back yard is so small, he can only use a bobcat which means he will be making many trips. Anyway, just to remove the dirt is $5500.00. I would think we could sell the dirt to make up some of the money but we don't have anyplace to put it. Who knew dirt removal could be so expensive. He did say this was the expensive part, the actual planting etc would be less.

Laura-glad to hear you shoulder is doing better, although not as soon as you would like. Burn Circuit 1, 2 and 3 are part of the Chalean's Extreme workouts that I purchased. Its a 90 day program like P90x. It it heavy compound lifting at a very slow pace. I'm really enjoying them so far. So are you going to spend your $100 on new workout clothes since you cleaned out your workout dresser????

Jacque-Good job getting that workout in early. I have trouble getting up in the morning but am working on that now that I'm back at work. Enjoy leaving early today!

Wendy-aren't you back yet. I would say you slept in but you never do. Just the rest of us are guilty of that.

Hi Dee Dee & Shirl, hope the holidays were great for you.

Hey Girls.

Got back on Sunday around noon. We had a blast but boy was I tired! Went to bed at 10 last night and didn't crawl outta bed until 7:10 this morning! Very unusual for me! Then I ended up putting my work out off until the last minute. I just finished working out about 10 minutes ago. YIKES!

I did Lauren Brooks Full Body Fat Blast kb work out (12 mins), Kettlebell Bootcamp work out #1 (20 mins) and Extreme Cardio KB core only (10 mins). It was a good 40+ minute sweat fest that combined weights n cardio. I feel good. Thought about tacking on a run tonight but I will save the run for tomorrow instead.

I ran a 3 miler on NYE before heading down to AC and then ran 2.80 miles on friday while I was down there which gave me 16.50+ miles for the week last week. I am happy about that. Friday's run was the last work out until tonight though. I thought about working out Sunday when I got home but I took a 3 hour nap instead!:eek: Oh well. I guess I needed it. LOL

Well gotta go eat dinner now.

BBL or tmrw girls! :D

Hello girls

Why do Mondays suck so bad??:eek::p:rolleyes: I just gotta remember.....just another day in paradise, right?

I got home and since I didn't take a rest day this week, I was going to take one tonight but had frustrations to work out. So, I did CC#4. I have decided on CC's all week long.:eek: Plus I would like to add some 1RM's on the 2 shorter workouts and put in IMAX mid-week to break things up.

I did get a notice that the new Venuto book shipped out today.:D I will be reading that pronto - I hope. I am so darned busy at work that I don't know how much free time I will have. I also started logging my eats today, but honestly don't know how accurate it is since I don't weigh my food. However, just putting it in a log keeps me doing pretty good, at least good for me.:confused: I'll have to weigh in on Friday but I don't think I put any weight on over the holidays.....I guess the scale will tell the tale.

Diana - Good for you for getting all of your food ready to go for the week. That makes all the difference for sure! Which just reminded me, I didn't make my protein pancakes.:eek: Hopefully I can make a batch tomorrow.
I'm not much help with tax situations. I hate tax season! It's a pain to get my business stuff ready to go to the accountant. We have a corporation so there's just no way I would even consider doing it myself. Personal taxes are usually much easier, but since we are a subS Corp, it all flows thru our personal taxes, so I don't do those either.
I'm so glad we have excavators in our family. BIL and FIL are both in the business so anytime we need earth moving duties (which seems to be a lot for some reason) we can just call them up and get it done quickly. It definitely comes in handy b/c I know the cost of that stuff can get up there really quickly.
Sounds like Jarod had a hard time getting back into the swing of things huh?;)

Laura - I think I missed the diagnosis on the shoulder. Is it a muscle tear or strain? I'm sure it's got to be interesting doing a class with a bad shoulder.:( Hope a full recovery is right around the corner as I know it is probably driving you nuts.
I'm dyin to know......did they fix it??
Glad you had a nice vacation. Sounds like a busy one though. I'm coming over for a fish dinner!! Yummy!

Jacque - Way to start the week with gusto! I wish I could exercise early but it's just not my thing. I need to just push myself to do it for a week or so and see if it will grow on me.
I was an early riser too b/c of the safety meeting. I don't do well getting to the office at 6am, but the coffee seemed to do the trick today. Thank the lord for coffee!!!

Wendy - That's some pretty darned good milage for a week that you are on a bit of a vacation. Good for you!
Glad you are back. Hope you are rested and ready to attack the new year with vigor. Ah, look who I'm talkin' to..... Of coarse you are ready!!;)
So, did ya bring back any extra cha-ching???

Catch ya'll later

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.