Damage Contoll'in Tuesday!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I didn't get back here yesterday...not b/c I was busy though! I was actually bored b/c I wasn't working out and there was nothing for me to do. Coming to my parents house is like a mini vaca! My brother lives next door and his wife was at work so I went out there and tided the kids rooms and made their beds! LOL We are heading home today but I have to wait for my sister to gather up her things and she doesn't move very fast. She is like my dad while I am like my mom, I get up and get the job done.....her??? Not so much!

I kind of wished I had brought my workout clothes cause I could have went for a run while she was gather us her things. I guess I will wait until I get home now. Eating wasn't good at all yesterday. I wouldn't even be able to tell you how many cookies I had. So I need to get a good run in today and maybe some abs work.

I am surprised no one as started this thread yet??

I am hoping to catch up on personnals! But I may no bb until later!

Lori:)

Wendy** Where are you? I thought you would have beaten me today....if not atleast posted at the same time!! hehe!;) How long is DH gone for?? Sometimes its a break with them not around. I don't worry about meals nearly as much...not that I really "worry" but as long as the kids are fed I am happy.

Diana** My Lardy....you worked your butt off yesterday? Did you finish all those workouts, make it to BC AND clean? I love feeling accomplished! I really need to clean my house right through this year. I think I can manage to clean a room each day soon. I could never do anything with DS in the house.

Jacque** What a good girl you were on Sunday! Makes me feel bad:p I am thinking the reason why my DOMS isn't to bad is b/c I eat protein as soon as I can. Sometimes I out off eating b/c I get a really bad stomach after a long run. Thats something else I haven't been having. When I use to over do it, I was sick for hours after getting home. Many trips to the washroom. Now after a long run I just carry on as normal. So when I got home on Sunday I had brunch waiting for me...which consist of 2 eggs, a english muffin and 2 peice of bacon.

Oh my....my sister hasn't done one thing yet, only tease DS! She has soooo much stuff to pack up. Im never gonna get out of here today!

Good Morning.

Rest day for me today. I had to force it. I really wanted to work out. Wanted to blow off steam. Got something bothering me right now. :mad::( Oh well there's always tmrw and tonight I have my wine! ;):p

That's all for now!

BBL!

Hi Ladies,

I should be doing 30/30 right now....but we have a coffee issue. The coffee maker isn't working. All the lights are, timer set, but no heat and it didn't brew the coffee.:mad::mad: DH had me bring in a camping coffee pot...you know..the percolator type. It's on right now, we'll see how it works. DH ended up mixing 2 different instant coffees together-yuck. Mine is finally percolating.

Tonight is body pump, high rep, mod weights etc. Similar to Power Hour. We worked our butts off-literally- in bootcamp last night. We did track running, harness runs around the track, weighted walking lunges around the track, squats around the track, back pedaling (running backward), harnessed back pedaling and finished with some tough ab work. Also, my triceps are so sore from my w/o the other day. I'm sure my chest will be feeling yesterday's w/o tomorrow!

Yesterday I was perusing the oxygen website and came upon a great leg workout. Do the following four exercises with a weight you can manage for 15-20 reps, then run stairs and repeat 3-5 times. The four exercises are Squat, Leg Press, Leg Extension, Hamstring curl. I may give this a try 2 times a week in addition to plyo legs and see what happens.

DH had an issue with DS2. He's not working but goes to college, lives at home. His car needs brakes and he can't pay for it. He also has an attitude about everything, he thinks he's so much better than the rest of us. Well DH finally had enough and told him so. This is the one I want to move out...it would be better for all of us. Obviously he can't do that since he doesn't have a job. He said he's applied everywhere but I told him he just has to keep going back and making phone calls etc.

Lori-sorry you didn't get your run in yesterday. It's nice to take the time to visit with your family. Really, if your bored, pop on over to my place and clean it up to.:p It wouldn't be so bad if everyone cleaned up after themselves.

Wendy-I'm sure you must be busy with DS since DH is bowling!!! Have a great day.

BBL to see what everyone else is up to. I need to get ready as we are having an All Hands meeting this morning.

Morning Ladies ..

DOMing in the rear end again :confused: my butt is never gonna be the same .. LOL ... last night was long circuit class and this was after BBL at lunch ... so guess that is where the DOMS are coming in ... had two old students come back ..and one new one .. that made me feel better! Today is back to P90X .. hoping the shoulder cooperates .. I am gonna try it .. I may nix the pushup torture though .. I know that is 1/2 the workout .. but think that many pushups would do the shoulder in .. tonight is the tough PLYO class ... :eek:

Lori .. my tummy does the same thing after a long hard workout .. i thought it was just ME .. any ideas on WHY?????? I dont get it??? ... almost every time after an extended workout or a grueling one it gets messed up .. ???

Wendy .. sending some positive energy to you .. hoping whatever is buggin you takes care of itself .. I hate when something lays heavy on my mind .. ESPECIALLY if it is out of my control .. ugh .. bad feeling ..

Di .. BC class sounded like a toughie ... sorry about the DS problems .. it is strange to me that some of my friends grown kids .. usually in college .. no job .. no inkling to get a job expect MORE and MORE out of their families ..like they are entitled .. it is a bad situation and a tough one to go thru .. sending positive vibes your way too .

Hello Jacque - Jen - and PunkyJen ..

OK .. off to do more paperwork .. never found my outage ystdy:mad: .. but at least I am at my desk now .. .tomorrow is my mom's 65 birthday .. I talked her into coming to town . and I have gotten, the family, my "girls" and her best friend together and we are going to surprise her tmrw afternoon .. :eek: .. hope it all works out! .. have a great one!:D

ACK - WE ARE ON SECOND PAGE!

didnt get to do p90x at lunch .. SIL couldnt meet me .. so I went and washed off the pollen mobile .. it was COVERED in pollen ... my shoulder hurt while holding the stupid sprayer .. so I best break down and call doc .. it is aching now .. :confused:.. ugh ... old and falling apart!!:mad:

also update on the Jillian Michaels book I am reading .. EVERYTHING I eat she says NOT to .. bout the only thing I eat that she agrees with is LETTUCE :confused: :eek: depressing

I am right there with ya Wendy .. I got about 2 1/2 more hours to go and I am gonna be popping a CAB too :mad: man what a day ... *sigh*

Hey Girls!:)

I am home. I should probably make a bigger effort to go to my parents house more then I do. I just find it so hard when I have to work every 2nd weekend. I usually make plans for the weekends I am off and there is no way DD is gonna want to go out to often!:eek: I enjoy it more when my sister is out there b/c we usually play games at night. When she goes back this time she won't be home anymore until the 15th of Aug and she will be home for 5 weeks then.

So when I got home I packed DS up and we went for a run. I did 11km and when I came home I did most of ME. I skipped some of the leg work and the abs work.

Wendy** While I was mopping the floor I was just thinking that I wished I liked wine! There is a wine tasting dinner here this weekend and of course we aren't going b/c all I would be doing was screwing up my face!:confused: So I am on call so my coworker can go. Of course after i said "yes" I was invited to a house party...happens EVERY time! Im soon gonna tell her to suck it up and work her own shifts! I don't know if I have ever asked her to switch anything with me. Anyway....I hope whatever is bothering you is sorted out soon and I hope you day didn't suck to much!!!:p

Diana** Yesterday was my planned rest day...so there wasn't suppose to be a run for me. Oh...coffee prob's in the a.m is not a good way to start the day! Did it taste ok? Sorry to hear things are going well with DS 2 in the house. Does he get along with his brothers? Sounds like you had a awesome BC class!

Laura** Buns are never gonna be the same??;) Im guessing if you don't like your buns now then thats a good thing? hehe! I think the reason why we don't feel up to par after a hard workout is b/c we have over done it or done more then our bodies are use to. Usually if I add 1 more km in I am sitting on the tolit! But I haven't been lately. Maybe my body is getting use to the longer mileage.

Well...its almost bedtime for DS and he is running around like a chicken with his head cut off....only he can still talk:p All he is really doing is running around and saying "baka" I don't know what that means....but I am tired of hearing it!

I will bb in the a.m!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.