Daily Checkin Wed Oct 18

Hi Phyllis!!!
GOod morning Everyone!
I've missed you all !!

I just posted this question in the open discussion but will also ask it here.

I've had a month long total break from working out due to illness.
I haven't done anything, not even walking.
I lost 15 pounds (not good for me, as I got down to 103 pounds on my 5' 5" body), have been dealing with severe insomnia and practically zero energy.

My doctor has told me I can start working out again but where and how do I start??

Any ideas? I can start with walking but how and when do I add in weights or other workouts?

I've missed you guys, all your great workouts and great attitudes!
I'm going to get in here on a more regular basis starting today!!;)

Any help you can give me is very appreciated!!

Have a great day everyone!!
It's good to be back!

:7

Good Morning ladies!

Today is an IMAX for me after work!}(

Phyllis, Good job with SJP. Happy to hear you needed less tissues too. :)

Becky, WELCOME BACK! Glad to hear you are recovered and joining us again! Take it slow!!!!

Have a great day all!

Good Morning Fit Chix!

Shoulders/Arms and AbRipperX for me today.

Phyllis: I like the step from SJP too. I'm glad your allergies are better today.

Becky: Welcome Back! You'll know when to starting adding weights and more advanced workouts....listen to your body and take it slow!

Wendy: Have fun w/Imax; they all definitely leave you feeling worked out.

Hello to all that follow....have a great day!

Becky, welcome back!! Do you have any of Cathe's beginner WO's? Low impact step or body fusion(not sure if that's what it's called)? I think that the wedding tape and mega step blast could be in that category. If you don't have any of these, maybe you could start with snipets of her regular workouts. You could start by doing 10 mins of step and 1 section of weights (going light).. Don't overwork yourself. Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

WOOHOO Becky is back. Becky, even though we talk daily by email, it is sure good to see you back on the boards!!

About your question, I agree with Phyllis. Look at Cathe's beginner rotation, the last three weeks (10, 11, and 12). Do you have Body Fusion? I know you have LIS. You could probably sub C&W for BF. You may want to chose that set of weeks or go back to the last set of weeks and see where you are. You may need to work out a couple of days (starting at a lower intensity that even what you might think you need) and then bump it up from there or take it down from there depending on where you are. You need to find out where you are first. I am sooo glad you are back!

Today is the first day of my rotation week, butI am not on any rotation today (first time in six weeks) because we leave tomorrow for a mini-vacation. I did SS UB blast yesterday and still need to give my poor legs and glutes a rest so I'm going to be doing cardio only, maybe a run, maybe hi/lo, not sure yet. Will check back later and let you know.

I am taking StretchMax and Ab Hits with me, also some of my yoga DVD's to get in some of this flexibility training that I sadly neglect all too often.

Have a great Wednesday all!

Hi everyone,

Becky, I agree with Jane. Go into the intermediate rotation if you can, or make up one of your own, gradually incorporating more intense exercise as you go.

Today was Seasun's RSS. Great workout and a great ab section!

Have a great day!

Welcome back Becky. I agree that Jane's suggestion is a good solid one.

Today is a rest day for me. I'm very excited that the relatively clean eating and rotation I'm following seem to be working. I've lost a couple pounds and my clothes are all fitting better. I hope I can stick to the better eating this weekend when I'm visiting my mother. My sister and I have to tell her it is time she stops driving and she probably will need to decide on a nursing home type situation some time in the next few months. It will be very stressful. I'm taking lots of fruit and veggies with me for the weekend. And a Cathe WO.

Enjoy your workouts everyone.

Ran 3 miles and walked 1/2 miles for warmup and cool down. My legs felt a little tight but strong. I am ready for my four day recovery. WooHoo!

Thank you everyone for the good wishes and the advice on getting back to working out.

I don't have body fusion but yes, I have LIS and I think I can sub other workouts or walking for BF. I could add some yoga in too.

Maybe I will try to walk today. I am excited to get back to working out but my body isn't nearly as excited as my mind! My body seems to be saying it's perfectly happy on the couch!:p

Will keep you posted on my progress.
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

Hugs!

Becky, you can use LIS/TBS like BF. There are premixes on LIS/TBS and one is a circuit like BF. It is very long though, you may need to cut it down to size some.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.