Daily Checkin Mon Nov 13

pwmatt

Cathlete
WU and 1st segment of BM2 with the 8in step, followed by bonus abs from B&G. Nice wo - an hour long. Cardio Fusion is in this weeks rotation and I'm a little scared! I'll probably use a 6in step so I can last the entire thing.

Enjoy your day.

Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good Morning Everyone, Hi Phyllis!

Yesterday I took a short walk outside. It felt good and today I hope to take another walk and do some stretching.

I'm okay'ed to start back to workouts, but need to start sloooowly.
I still have some pain in my back but am seeing the Chiropractor again today and he said exercise is okay and even encouraged it. :D YAY!

I'm still dealing with severe insomnia, but maybe the workouts will help exhaust me so I can get some sleep!!:p ;)

Hope you all have a good day, but blahhhhh it's MONDAY!:eek: :p

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

CC#3, AbRipperX and CST for me today.

Phyllis: I really like the bonus abs from B&G.

Becky: Hang in there! I hope your back feels better soon. I know how everything is harder when your back is hurting. I have my monthly appointment with my chiropractor on Wednesday and I can't wait!

Hello to all that follow...have a great day!

Good Morning Everyone.

Today is TM run day. I woke up w/a pain in my hip/butt though so if it doesn't go away I'll be doing alot of nothing instead. ACK! x(

Daily Check-in

Good morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I experienced Low Impact Circuit for the first time Saturday morning. Fun, fun, fun! The choreography is sweet and simple, but Cathe includes fun moves like shuffles and ponies to increase the fun factor. The first combination is my favorite. The barbell curls with the band wrapped around the barbell are super tough. Leave it to Cathe to find a way to make those even more challenging. She also finds more ways to do push-ups than anyone I know. The straddle push-ups and uneven push-ups are very effective. I made an interesting discovery during the positive and negative push-ups. I am able to start at the bottom of the move (on my toes) and push all the way up with ease, but I struggle and collapse when I reverse this and start at the top of the move (on my toes). Does anyone know why pushing up is easier than going down?

I love the band work in Low Impact Circuit as well as the functional fitness feel and compound moves. Cathe wraps up this fun workout with challenging ab and core work. My abs were shaking during the banana move. I would rate this as a solid intermediate workout, but it is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. It left me feeling worked out, not wiped out. I was drenched in sweat when I finished, and it was chilly in my living room when I started. I love all the workouts in this new series. These workouts masterfully blend the best of Cathe with a touch of the FIRM and the TLTs. It is like having all my favorite workouts together. The only thing I will likely miss eventually is more complex choreography, but the change of pace is delightful and refreshing. I will need to discipline myself when it is time to return to traditional weight training workouts because I am so in love with these new workouts and cannot imagine training any other way.

I did Butts and Guts for the second time yesterday morning. It was actually more challenging than the first time. I love the workout overall, but I am still not a fan of floor work. I actually like the inner and outer thigh work in this one, but I hate anything done in table position because being in that position is very uncomfortable for me. It dawned on me last night that I can modify by using my high step to support the weight of my upper body so I can relax and focus on executing the moves with good form. I experimented with several modifications last night and discovered that I actually like floor work if I use my stability ball for support! This may redeem floor work for me! I may also split this workout and do the floor work on a different day or venture into the premixes.

This is a gentle cardio day for me. I am planning to jog on my rebounder and preview one of the premixes.

Conni, I fast forwarded through the leg blast premix you recommended. Wow! Death by firewalkers, leg presses, and walking lunges! It looks great! What did you use for a warm-up? Is the Butts and Guts warm-up that is on the DVD sufficient for this? I may warm-up with a short cardio workout instead.

Susan, I want to try the Low Impact Circuit premix you suggested. I want to enjoy the full workouts again this week and venture into premixes next week.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Hi all,

Heather - Yes, I did the warm up on the dvd, I just don't know why it isn't included in the premix? Just doesn't make sense, does it?

Today was Christi Still Steppin, and abs from BM1. I may do DM tomorrow, just to put myself over the cliff!

Have a doable Monday!

RE: Daily Check-in

Hello hello! Very quick check-in, gotta go back to work from lunch.

Cardio Fusion for me today! I'm scared too Phyllis.

Becky - YAY.... I just emailed you before I came in here....

Hi all,

I did at least 2 exercises per upper body part today off of the PS series. Totalled about 30 min. so not too shabby I was going for variety in my weight exercises and I was even able to increase my weight on alot of the exercises.:D

Hello ladies,
It is a rest day for me today and a visit to my chiro. Jane and Phyllis let me kmow how cardio fusion is. That is the only workout I have not done. I am a little frightened as well:)

Have a great day gals!

susan

Cardio Fusion is done and my HMR said the run time was about 75 minutes, that included a minute or so cool down that she tells you to do with a card before the stretch.

Oh my!!! Non-stop, heart pumping cardio at its best! }( }( }(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.