Daily Check In, Weekend of Oct. 9-10

Conni

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Today was S90 Shoulders, Chest and Tri's, 50 crunches, and KV Streamlined Stretch. Trying to gear myself up to go look at cars, with DH not working this is just not a pleasant task for me, although I understand that he needs to have a car in case he needs to go somewhere. I get that. I just don't have any enthusiasm to spend money we don't have at this point. Oh well, life goes on, doesn't it?

Hi Conni,

This morning I did Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body. I am always shocked when I make it to the end of one of his workouts. They are tough but good.

I need a new car too Conni. Well - more for aesthetics. It's gonna take a while to convince my DH that "it's time".

Today I start knitting classes with my girls and the little neighbour next door. I know how to knit but a refresher class won't hurt + I can help the three little pairs of hands.

And Conni - you sound a bit bummed - when I get your 4 X 4 in the mail, I'll return the two at the same time and include a few "wee prezzies" as well k?

And Carmen - maybe you could get a few new/used workouts to get you back in the workout game full force?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. It's just so beautiful.

s.

Yay for Saturday! Good afternoon ladies! Today I did JM Ripped in 30 week 4. Its a good challenge but she's annoying. I also added a 4 min tabata at the end make of dumbell swings (15 lbs) and reverse pull up, alternating between the two exercises 10 sec rest, 20 sec work 8 rounds.

Connie - I'm with you about going car shopping. When we first got to SWF we had to buy a car. The salesman that latched on to us was super annoying. In few minuets we met we learned he too had a wife named Carmen (what a coincidence - eye roll). To get away we told him we were just going to stop to have lunch and we'd be right back and he offered to also join us for lunch!!!! We never went back.

Siobhan - I'm going back to some of my older DVD;s that I havent done in a while. some of my evening work schedule is getting more manageable, so I hope to be back in full force soon. I've been eating pretty good and taking my supplements so I havent done too much damage during this time off.

I'm off to work on some bead projects. I'm hoping to participate in the church craft festival in November. :)

Have a great Saturday

Carmen.

Hi All!

This morning I did a total body workout from ballet body followed up by the usual Saturday house chores :roll eyes: This afternoon me and the hubby walked at the local state park for about an hour...it was just a gorgeous fall day here :)

Conni ~ Thanks for getting us started. Your car shopping angst is totally justified...hope everything works out okay.

Siobhan ~ What a busy day you had planned for today! How did the knitting class go?

Carmen ~ Great workout today. How did the beading projects turn out?

Have a good night all!

Good morning everyone,

This morning I did Power Yoga with Ashley Turner. Good workout - quite tough for me. I bought a couple of other yoga workouts (it seems I've lent all of mine out to co-workers with none coming back yet???!!! it's been months!)

Enjoy your turkey dinners and your workouts everyone. I love long weekends.

Conni - how did your car shopping go?
Carmen - more pictures of your beading projects to come?
Tammy - nice day outside with your DH! My DH is so in love with his new playbook that he can't go anywhere without it!!!!! Not even for a walk. He is a tech junkie for sure.
Annette - I hope you get in a workout or two this holiday weekend

Hi all,

Thanks you guys for helping me feel better about this car/money thing. DH just gets frustrated that he cannot provide an income anymore, and this disability claim is taking so darn long, so obviously I can't say much to him about this. We did go to the dealer, and there were two cars I am interested in. The first is newer, nicer and of course not a practical finance right now, the other is older and cheaper, more of a possibility. I have always bought new cars and this kind of shopping just makes me feel so overwhelmed that I cannot do what I used to do based upon the lack of income in our household now.

I know, there are alot of people who are worse off than us, of course. But I had always planned that by this time all my earlier lifestyle choices would have paid off and things would be easier. Wrong!

Anyways, thanks for listening, I really don't have many other outlets that let me express myself, so thank you.

Things will get better, I just keep hoping for sooner rather than later.

Siobhan - you have been more than generous, and I am extremely grateful, until I did the Bob Harper workout - that just about killed me, and I can get through Cathe's stuff pretty well!

Today was a pick me up workout - I did TF 30, and then TF core 20. Now to chores!!

Hi Everyone! We went out for breakfast after church this morning, then came home and took a refreshing Sunday nap! I just finished JM's BFBM, great sweaty workout. Off to the showers to enjoy the rest of the day.

Connie - is the car you'll be purchasing a second vehicle? about six years ago my husband bought a 98 toyota corolla with 98,000 for his daughter for about $2800. The body was in great shape. Do you believe she is still driving that car! Well over 100,000 miles with the usual maintenance (oil, brakes, and tires). She's driven to florida from NC and also to Rochester in that car. I'm glad you feel you can come to us and vent. Its good therapy.

Have a great Sunday Ladies!

Carmen.

Hi!

this morning was another full body ballet body workout. Now I'm doing LaundryMax :confused:

Conni ~ Vent away! Glad we can be here for you.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.