Daily Check-In Wednesday, June 20th

Tamster

Cathlete
Good Morning Fit Chicks!

CC#1 :7 and back/biceps today.

Jane ~ I hope you got some rest last night.

Good Morning Fitties, Hi Tammy!

Last night was short. 11-3:30. :-(

Today I'm going to check out BBC's leg workout (haven't previewed it) and use what I can out of it (don't do lunges and squats so that limits what leg workouts I do).....will add on firewalkers x2 and some of BM2 floorwork.

Good morning Tammy and Becky and all that follow...

Tammy - I went to bed at 8:30, woke up at 12 but finally went back to sleep in about an hour, thank goodness!

Today is S&H shoulders and cardio, leaning towards a CC.

Slowly but surely getting through the S&H's... shoulders today and legs tomorrow and then I'll start it all over again. I think I'm going to work with S&H for four rounds.

Have a good one!

Good Morning.

I almost had a very short night's sleep as well. I went to bed at 9:30 and woke up at 1:30-2:00am. It took me about 2 good hours to fall back to sleep...maybe more...x(.

I have XFlowsion on tap today. I think I'll do the ab work out and something else that I haven't decided on yet... ;)

Have a great day!

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I'll be doing the bonus workout in the PLB/PUB dvd that combines them both.

wow everyone seems to be lacking some sleep eh? My schedule is totally out of whack with the kids out on summer break, but we are enjoying - this afternoon we'll be going out again to do some shopping and keeping cool at the mall :)

Have a wonderful day everyone and special prayers going out to Jane's dad once again :)

Hi everyone,

I love that bonus combo from PLB/PUB. I should do that one soon..

Today was All Body Attack by Sharon, one of the new CIA vids. I was supposed to do HSC, but this one is actually more challenging, imo. It is 90 minutes, but it is great!

Good morning ladies,

Today is supposed to be Kickmax. I'm not sure if I want to do that one or a different cardio.

Jenn;-)

Hi gals,

I did the Upper Body Push/Pull premix off of Muscle Max today and did a few of the leg exercises that I could do (dumbell squats, and both sets of plie squats) for my workout today. I upped the weight I am using for the upper body because I am not feeling DOMS at all. I figured with a new workout that I would feel something and I am feeling nothing at all the next day.:-( Do others feel DOMS with this workout?

I upped my chest because I think I was using too little weight because I didn't hear Cathe when she said what she was using. I also upped bicep by a good bit so I would feel something with the barbell work and I upped the dumbells used also. Back I also kept pretty heavy. I just hope I feel something tomorrow.:D

Have a great day!!:7

Well when I got home from work I literally took a 10 or 15 min cat nap and felt like totally different person when I woke up! It's amazing what a little bit of shut-eye can do!:)

Today I did XF's Live Blast Premix (25 mins) and Amazing Abs (23 mins). Can't help but feel awesome after a work out like that!:)

We have a graduation ceremony (middle school) and dinner to go to tonight and have to leave here as soon as DH gets home around 4pm if we don't want to be late so I have to move my tush into the shower now...

Have a great rest of the day ladies!:)

I just got an email from iTrain and until July 14th they are discounting the yearly subscription to $59.99....I just may take the dive on that one.

Annette ~ May the DOMS be with you :7

Jenn ~ Good luck with KM. I have been trying to include one kickbox workout each week and KM shows up next week :eek:

Conni ~ Awesome workout...I bet you feel nice and relaxed now ;)

Vilma ~ Buy anything good?

Wendy ~ You're too young to be sleepless in NJ!

Phyllis ~ CK is so much fun it almost doesn't feel like kickboxing...which is good because I'm doing it Friday :+

Jane ~ Any news on your Dad?

Becky ~ Yikes...not much sleep for you last nite. I love those firewalkers...feel them every time.

I did Kickmax, it was more fun than I expected. I did the blast first, well 8 out of the 10 and then the combos, then a couple of leg drills. I like kickboxing workouts and do at least 1 a week my favs are kpc and kickbox xtreme. I see a lot of people like Kimberly Spreen so I might have to check her out.

Annette I don't always feel DOMS either. :-(

Wendy have fun at MS gradutation. I have my cousins tomorrow tonight. It's gonna make me feel old. x(

Becky firewalkers are my favorite part of butts and guts. ;-)

Jenn

Tammy,

I got that coupon but just signed up for the yearly last week! ACK! I now have an offer on O/D for anyone who wants my coupon...no takers yet!!!!

I would go for it if I were you! It's a great deal!!!

Daily Check-in

I have been missing in action again! I have been icing an aching foot every night instead of spending too much time online. I think the last time I checked in was Friday night. I did the Kick, Punch, & Crunch cardio conditioning premix followed by Supersets Saturday morning.

I woke up Sunday morning with a sharp pain in the arch of my right foot. I started my beloved Rhythmic Step, and my feet were crying during the warm-up! I knew that it was time for new shoes, but I was hoping to save my last pair of Nike Shox Turn and Go cross training shoes for the Road Trip. That style was discontinued by Nike earlier this year. I changed shoes after the warm-up. Then my Reebok cross training shoes made my feet go numb. I changed shoes after every combination, and it was painful to walk by the final combination. Needless to say, I skipped the challenge.

After a nap, I went to Academy Sunday afternoon and was delighted to discover a pair of Nike Shox Turn and Go cross training shoes in my size! I also bought a pair of Ryka Intensity XT cross training shoes as well as Thorlo fitness socks. I may need to replace my running shoes too, but I am hoping that new workout shoes will solve the problem.

I went to the club and jogged in the pool after my shopping expedition. The water felt so good, and it was nice to give my feet a break.

Before bedtime Sunday night, I took my new Ryka Intensity XT cross training shoes for a test drive and had fun with the Rhythmic Step Challenge! They felt nice and cushy. Of course, my feet were still sore, but my first impression of these shoes was very favorable.

That was Sunday. I woke up Monday morning and realized that, Houston, we have a problem. My feet were still killing me. My attempt at gentle bouncing on my rebounder was a painful experience even wearing supportive shoes. The Butts and Guts leg blast premix was challenging too. In a strange way, the lunges actually stretched out my arches and provided some relief.

My feet were crying all day at work. I have been feeling discouraged and emotional this week, but my eating has been good. It seems that my body betrays me when I finally get on track mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. I may need to start taking an extra rest day every now and then and enjoy my beloved Cathe workouts just 5 days a week until I get closer to my goal weight. I peeked at my Cathe calendar results for January and had a lightbulb moment when I realized that I was basically resting or stretching twice a week when I was seeing great results. I had a challenging rotation planned for June and July, but my body has other plans. Oh, the joy of getting older! If anyone in your 20s is reading this, get your weight under control now!

I have an Ace bandage with an ice pack attached to it that I wrapped around the arch of my foot Monday night. It provided some relief. I decided to give Low Impact Circuit a whirl Tuesday morning. My new Nike Shox hurt my arch, but my new Ryka cross training shoes were nice and cushy. I felt like I was stepping on pillows! I did the upper body circuit premix for the first time. Fun, fun, fun! I love this premix. It includes the bonus cardio segment, which makes it more fun than the workout as produced. I just did Butts and Guts Monday and did not need another lower body workout.

I think these Ryka Intensity XT cross training shoes are my favorite workout shoes. If they stand the test of time, I may actually be able to pack one pair of workout shoes for the Road Trip! I need to take the shoes I no longer love to the consignment shop. Speaking of which, I called the consignment shop and learned that they sold some of my shoes and have $55.00 waiting for me! That is more money for my Road Trip fund. The annual sales tax holiday in Texas will be the weekend before the Road Trip, so I can go shopping for workout clothes and shoes!

This was an unplanned rest day due to my arch pain. Kick Max was on my rotation, and I realized that the low impact premix was not even a good idea. My friend Rebecca (who is a nurse) suggested that I rest my foot for a few days, and I think she may be right.

I fell asleep last night with an ice pack strapped to my foot and woke up in the middle of the night with a frozen foot! I had to crawl to a warm bath to thaw it out! That was my first lesson of the day. My second lesson was learned tonight when I went shopping for comfortable shoes to wear to work. Ugly and comfortable can be had for cheap, but cute and comfortable is expensive! I have been testing a pair of Dankso clogs that a friend gave me. They have excellent arch support but are hard as rocks overall. They make my feet hurt and my toes go numb. I found a pair of Josef Seibel sandals that are cute and cushy with good arch support. I paid $110.00 for them, but oh well. I looked at them in March and decided that they were too pricey. It is amazing how fast the credit card jumps out of the wallet when you are in pain!

Jane, I am keeping your family in my prayers.

Phyllis, thanks for the PM!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.