Daily Check-In Tuesday, 5/22

Tamster

Cathlete
Good Morning Fit Chicks!

Today is Cardio Fusion mixed cardio premix...the abs on the rotation have been moved back to later in the week.

Have a great day...I'll check back later.

Good morning all.

CF for me today too, but I did the Mix and Max premix. OMG, it's a toughie! I haven't figured out the difference btwn the premix and regular CF, aside from the order of things. I moved this up in the rotation due to the time factor. Also, I'm stronger earlier in the week and I knew this would be a hard one. I'm not sure I'll want to do the CF mixed cardio premix. I might have to sub.

Have a great day.
Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good Morning Ladies!

Sounds like a Cardio Fusion party is goin' on here this morning!:+

I have some mild DOMS in my legs ALREADY from y'day's work out...I could be in TROUBLE in a few hours! LOL }(

My running class last night took me about 3 miles. It was fun.

I have Tear It Up on tap for today but I'll be omitting any ab work since I just did that y'day with Cathe. ;)

Have a great day everyone!

Good Tuesday Morning Ladies! :7

Today I'm subbing iTread 13/30 in place of SPJ/SB Step and Hi/Lo Premix.

Just don't have the time this a.m. to do a longer workout.

* Tammy -Ooohhh Cardio Fusion = Fun Fun! have a great wo with that one

* Phyllis - CF for you too eh?

* Wendy - ouch on the DOMS I can relate as my arms are dealing with the same effect from yesterday's wo ;) How's your neck feeling today?

Hellos to all who follow; will try to check back in later on today.

Have a wonderful day gals! :)

Good Morning Girls!

Yesterday my MIL fell and I took her to the hospital and was there most of the day in the ER. They finally admitted her. She has a compression fracture in her back and was in some serious pain.
I hope today is a better day for her!

Lowmax is on the rotation today.
I'm not sure I'm "feelin it " today but will at least start and can always sub if I don't get into it once it gets going.

It was a very short night last night. Went to bed late and was up at 4:00. I'd love to think I could nap this afternoon but mostly likely that won't happen!

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday.

Connie, We all miss you and hope to hear from you soon.

Hello All. I didn't do high step as I had planned and ended up trying to follow Cathe's May rotation so I did Drill Max cardio with upper body last night. Tonight will be Kick Max low impact kick box premix which is perfect since I only had about six hours of sleep last night (I'm a 8 to 10 hour of zzzzzz's girl). I decided to go to Starbucks and have a late night. LOL!
Anyway, I hope you all have a great day! Greetings to those who follow!
Patti

Tammy: I haven't done too much with cardio fusion but I liked the mixed cardio premix which packs a punch. Zoiks!

Phyllis: You deserve some applause for making it through that one. I might schedule that one for the weekend myself....followed by a kiddie cone at the ice cream shop :9 (I'll need some incentive)

Wendy: It sounds like you have already been tearing it up ;-) I love the delayed DOMS...the kind that wait a day or two to kick you in the pants :eek:

Vilma: Perhaps you can squeeze a longer workout in this evening. heh heh heh ;-)

MMMMMMMMMMMM Starbucks!!

Lowmax is done. Boy was it a sweatfest today!!
050208_10008324294.gif
}(

Hiya Girls!

Well my appt went well - it was a post op eye appt 9 months after my lasik surgery. Vision is still at 20/20 and my eyes are doing nicely. Doctor says my flaps are healed completely with my cornea and one would need a microscope to see them :D I just need to go back in 3 months again. I was very near sighted and I couldn't even see the numbers on my bedside alarm clock back then. :eek:

Did iTread 13/30 before my appointment and boy is that one a kicker! I love it! Even though it's 30 minutes it packs a wallop.

* Patti - I don't think I'll be doing another workout today. Although I have the energy for it but mid days and evenings I just don't have the time literally as I'm running around like a chicken without its head ;) reason why I need to get my workouts done in the mornings ;) Thanks for the laugh though :p

* Becky - so sorry to hear about your MIL's fall how long will she be in the hospital?

Well I have my hubby home from work early - he's not feeling well - actually he's really sick, and could not get in to see the doctor today so he was able to come home. He finally managed to snag an appointment tomorrow though. He's sleeping in our bed and our room smells of vicks vapor rub.

Hope you all are enjoying your day! :D

I had my first session with the trainer at the gym and we went through day one of my 3 day split. Today we did C/S/T...my arms are feeling very worked out:+ . Tomorrow we'll go through day two ---legs :eek:

Phyllis ~ We're going to be as good at rotation juggling as Jane is ;) I have that CF premix on tap Thursday and now I'm very askeered. The premix I did today wasn't bad...BM#2 warm-up and all 6 drills from DM.

Wendy ~ Did you Tear It up or did you change your mind...LOL!

Vilma ~ Something tells me we are going to wear out that iTread. I hope your DH feels better soon.

Becky ~ I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers. How long will she have to stay in the hospital? I see you are another member of the sandwich generation. It is so hard to see our parents age.

Patti ~ I liked this CardioFusion premix too....short and to the point. You change your mind as much as Wendy! ;);)

Tammy,
You GO with a trainer!!! That's something I think I'd like to do sometime.

Yes, my MIL is 85 years old, lives alone and has Parkinson's Disease.
Just last month she stopped driving and we have been trying to figure out with her what she's going to do . She really should NOT be living alone. She has fallen several times lately because she is so unsteady.
My DH is an only child and so it is up to him(us) to make these decisions, and it's hard because his mom does NOT want to make any more changes and she wants to stay at home, alone!
We've asked her to live with us but our house isn't the best set up for her as is. We need to look at making some renovations for her comfort.
Right now her sister is offering to let her move in, but she is resisting (they butt heads)....
so we need to see what the doctors say and have some big decisions ahead.
It's a VERY stressful time....complicated by the fact that we have had a very strained relationship all these years. I know this is what we have to do and am trying but I know it will be very difficult. She is very stubborn , critical, and judgemental & doesn't hesitate to speak her mind and doesn't really worry about things like hurting feelings in the process.
SO! You have my life story now.

How is YOUR mom doing since she got home ???

050208_10008324294.gif
:p

Becky ~ WOW...you have a lot of responsibility on your shoulders. I imagine that somewhere along the line the decision may be taken out of your hands if the doctors think she is no longer able to care for herself alone at home. (((HUGS))) for you as it sounds as if the road ahead with your MIL will be bumpy.

My Mom is doing very well. She is happy to be home and my father, of course, is thrilled to have her home.

Evening folks... I've been MIA today. I was determined not to post until I actually COMPLETED a workout! My last one was Saturday. Today I finally did C&W cardio and compound weights. I need to refocus and get back to business. Sunday, it really wasn't possible to do a workout due to being gone all day but I guess I could have worked out yesterday. I had DH home which is unusual for a Monday evening as he works out of town. I could have kicked him out of the living room (needed living room for step), but I wasn't that motivated anyway. Hopefully I can get back on track!

Phyllis - I meant to ask, are you and family still coming down my way for vacation this summer? Good job on the workout. Any mix of CF is tough! I think that is a death wish workout!

Tammy - Looks like you are going to enjoy the personal trainer!:)

Becky - Good going on LowMax, that is another one that kills me!

Patty - I need 7 to 8 hours and here lately have been doing well getting that in with the occasional sleepless night. It makes functioning the next day interesting to say the least.

Vilma - I had LASIK in 2004 and LOVE IT! Unfortunately, my left eye, which was my worst eye, has reverted to 20/30 but my right eye is 20/20, so I still see 20/20 with both eyes. My dr. says it won't get any worse. I can always have it "tweaked" if it does. My dr. has a lifetime guarantee, all "tweaking" is free except of course if vision loss comes from medical problems such as diabetes, etc....
I hope your hubby feels better soon!

Wendy - good run! I need to get back on my TM and have a little Sean time! sigh....

My little Joseph is 6 weeks old today! My time flies. DIL says he actually laughed the other day. It was when he was nursing, so it may be just a reflex like smiling is right now but she said it was sooo sweet! I could just squish him!! I'll have to provide some more pictures. I falling down on my nana duties of hauling out the pictures while people run for cover!! LOL!

Have a good night!

Hi ladies,

Becky, {{{{hugs}}} to you and your family. I will keep your MIL in my prayers.

I did Muscle Endurance Lower Body and Upper Body split as a sub for the pyramids. I was dreading this workout (3 leg presses) but I really liked it and the time flew by.

It sounds like a bunch of ya had a good ole time with CF!!!;-)

Vilma glad your eye appointment went well.

Starbucks sounds yummy, Carmel Mocciato( or however you spell it)
}(. I'm a dunkin donut coffee chick myself.

;-)

Jenn

>Vilma - I had LASIK in 2004 and LOVE IT! Unfortunately, my
>left eye, which was my worst eye, has reverted to 20/30 but my
>right eye is 20/20, so I still see 20/20 with both eyes. My
>dr. says it won't get any worse. I can always have it
>"tweaked" if it does. My dr. has a lifetime guarantee, all
>"tweaking" is free except of course if vision loss comes from
>medical problems such as diabetes, etc....
>I hope your hubby feels better soon!

I had my Lasik done by Dr Christenbury http://christenbury.com/ I had to travel 4 hours to get there but so glad I had it done. You are close to that area are you not?

Phyllis - maybe another year you will get down this way or me up that way....

Vilma - yes, I've heard of Dr. Christenbury. My boss actually had hers done by him in 1998. I had my done by Dr. Oursler in Hickory. He is also top notch in the field but not as well known as Dr. Christenbury. I know Dr. Christenbury has an excellent reputation. I believe he is a Duke graduate.

>Phyllis - maybe another year you will get down this way or me
>up that way....
>
>Vilma - yes, I've heard of Dr. Christenbury. My boss actually
>had hers done by him in 1998. I had my done by Dr. Oursler in
>Hickory. He is also top notch in the field but not as well
>known as Dr. Christenbury. I know Dr. Christenbury has an
>excellent reputation. I believe he is a Duke graduate.

Believe me I researched him before I plopped down my money - all OOP, but what really convinced me to go with him was my hubby's 2 work mates word of mouth both active duty AF folks like my hubby. I would not hesitate to recommend him. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.