Daily Check in Tues July 25

pwmatt

Cathlete
Well, back to work for me - yuck!

This morning was the extended version of Lomax ala FitnessFreak. It burned 457 calories! Yesterday ended up being a rest day as I never got rid of my headache. I'm still kinda stuffy - must be a summer cold.

Have a good day.

Phyllis
http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good Morning Phyllis and all other Buff Babes who follow !

Yikes! There is an EXTENDED version of lomax?? I have to ask the obvious......WHY???:eek: Lomax as is - is enough for me!:p

Yesterday I did GS BSB, mowmax and AbRipperX.
Today will be GS Chest & Triceps, & some cardio. Am wanting some FUN Step. Haven't chosen it yet.

:D CHEERS!!:D

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

SuperSets and Ab work for me today.

Phyllis: What is extended LowMax...sounds interesting. I hope you feel better soon and I hear ya on the back to work thing - BLECH!!!

Becky: Happy Birthday!!!

Hello to all that follow...have a great day!

G'morning Ladies,

Phyllis: Hope that cold goes away soon!

Becky: Happy Birthday and have fun stepping!

Tammy: Getting anxious for Ripped to the Core to arrive? }(

Well I did LL (including abs), Ripped u/b and my running class yesterday and this morning I have some nice DOMS in my rear-end! Thanks Meaner Legs!}( ;)

Today I'm heading to the gym and will decide what to do once I get there. :) There is a kickboxing class I am thinking of taking, spin and ofcourse, the TM, bike or elliptical...YIKES-too many choices!:7

I have to be honest though...if my knee wasn't acting funny still I'd be on the TM for certain! }(

Have a great day.

Wendy: You're scaring me}( }( ! I am looking forward to a new workout...it is so good to shake things up now and again. I'm also thinking of joining a gym....how did you go about choosing?

Tammy: LOL, Don't be afraid of R/C. It's a great work out but nothing for a Catheite to fear! ;-)

As far as my gym goes...I checked out 4 gyms in my area.

A big factor for me was price. Being on one income I didn't have endless $ to put towards it. Beyond that it was what they offered at the facility, how big the place was, and what kind of clientel they attracted...I can't do lots of "muscle head" types. BLECH! LOL

So anyway...the cheapest gym I looked at was too small and I didn't like the fact that the class room was not closed off at all to the rest of the place. They also did not offer spin which I wanted as an option.

The next cheapest gym was small and unappealing to the eye-it was very dark. It was also very much a "man's" gym so you know what that means...MUSCLE HEADS...BLECH!

The most expensive one was AWESOME but simply waaay too much $ for me to spend.

The one I joined was the 2nd most expensive but significantly cheaper than then my favorite and most expensive, it was nice inside, was plenty big enough and was filled with it's fair share of all kinds of people. I really like it! There is plenty of cardio equipment..it is rare when I can't get the kind of machine I want to use and I LOVE that!:)

So...are you sorry you asked? LOL

So what is making you think of doing this?

The extended Lomax is part of FitnessFreak's one Body Part/Day Rotation. It wasn't here idea, but she put it in week 3 of the rotation. I'ts a time eater about 90 mins. It incorporates squats, lunges and leg presses in between lomax cycles. DOMS is coming for sure! Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

>The extended Lomax is part of FitnessFreak's one Body
>Part/Day Rotation. It wasn't here idea, but she put it in week
>3 of the rotation. I'ts a time eater about 90 mins. It
>incorporates squats, lunges and leg presses in between lomax
>cycles. DOMS is coming for sure! Phyllis

Are you talking about the one that Pinky created? I have seen it...never tried it though! :eek: I did my own extended LowMax once but I admit that it wasn't nearly as tough as Pinky's!}(

Good Morning Everyone,

Well this morning I wanted to do Step and Kickbox, so I combined the two.
I did KPC w/u to the intermediate drills, combo 1,2,& 3. I then did the step portion of SJP(combos 1,2,3,4). I took it off the Timesaver DVD.

I was very sweaty when I was done. It was a fun workout.

Happy B-day Becky!:)

I don't think I could workout in a gym. I don't like other people to see me workout. I even stop when DH walks in the room.LOL!

Have a good day!

Elaine

Daily Check-in

Good morning! I got to bed by 11:00 p.m. last night and did Boot Camp this morning after my Bible study.

Becky, I hope you have a blessed birthday! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Good morning ladies,

I am still foggy eyed this morning while it is cloudy and rainy here. I could sleep all morning! But have to get up with you ladies and start my workout!:p

Today's workout will be S&H shoulders, and GS shoulders.

Woke up this morning and no hip pain, but I am not going to shout on the top of the roof just yet!:7 I will have to have no pain today before I can start back some kind of cardio tomorrow. And the weird thing about it is that it ached in bed worse last night than it had before.

I need to go wake up, I will talk to ya ladies later!

kim

Good morning ladies!

Today I did 20 minutes on the elliptical with DH (we meant to do it last night, but the machines were at the apartment complex were taken...did yoga last night instead). Then, today after the elliptical I did LowMax followed by CoreMax Complete Core premix.

DH and I will do more yoga tonight before bed...something to stretch us out and relax us (I love Shiva Rea!)

-Becky

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes everyone!:D

I celebrated by doing a fun step workout.....w/u and all of stepworks plus combo #1 , c/d & stretch from StepFit , making it about a 75 min. workout.
Also did GS Tri/chest superset premix.}(

Now I can eat that cake and ice cream without feeling guilty!!!:9 ;)

Kim, I'm glad your hip feels better. Hope it STAYS that way!
Becky, I got Shiva Rea because you recommended it, and I've only tried a small part of it, but like it. And I LOVE the way it's set up!
THANKS!!:)

Hi.. I did Turbo Jam Cardio party 1 last night. I SO needed this change.

Wendy - I joined a gym and NEVER EVER EVER go what a waste. It's very nice - close to work - close to home... I just CAN"T get into it.

Do you do cardio or lifting at the gym?

Tammy - Why are you looking to join a gym? Just curious?

Morning ladies. This morning was RS followed by SJP abs. Sorry so quick, but I have to run an errand before work.

Have a great day!

Katie

morning everyone!

Today was Cardio and Weights. I don't know why, but I was dreading this workout. I don't like circuits much, but it wasn't all that bad. I actually that is was easier than most of the other workouts I do. So much for dreading it.

Tammy - why are you considering joining a gym? I ask because I'm doing the same. I'm looking for more options in cardio. Right now it's my DVD's or wogging. I'd like to have other choices, especially come winter.

Becky - Happy Birthday!

Kim - Glad your hip is better. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Happy Tuesday!!

Claude
"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Good morning ladies,

Today I will be running 5 miles and no weights today. I did bootcamp on Sunday and I am still sore. It is amazing how you don't do a workout for a whle and it totally kicks your butt!!!

Tammy, I tried cardio coach #3 and was AMAZED at how hard it was. I am so used to running flat surfaces and a steady pace and wow, it was really challenging. I am going to try #5 later this week.

Phyllis, Pirates was wonderful and Johnny Depp is so adorable. Good Luck with your new dog.

Kim, you must be happy your hip is better.

Wendy, you are really working out hard lately. I need you to kick me in the pants:) And, I may to order ripped to the core too. I still have all of the new tlt's that have not been opened.

Robyn, turbo jam sounds like a nice change.

Gym mom, I always love cardio and weights. I find it can be quite challenging with an 8 inch step.

Katie, I also love RS and feel so accomplished afterwards.

Bekcy, that sounds like quite and long and productive workout.

Becky, I love doing yoga with my hubby at night.

Kim, I love Slow and Heavy shoulders:)

Conni, I find HSC to be a great weight workout!

Heather, Bootcamp, good for you!

Elaine, AWESOME workout!!!

Have a great day Ladies!!!

Susan

A Cathe day through and through, I did MIC hi/lo cardio only, then did CTX biceps then MIS abs and cooldown. Trying for some variety in the cardio and different weight exercise for my body.

Hope you all have a great day!!!:7

Good afternoon everyone.

Robyn, I can't tell you how many gyms I joined that went to waste cause I would go for 3 months and then burn out. This time is different for me though. I'm very happy I joined and hope that I continue to go. I really like the variety the gym offers me. :)

Susan, C'mon over...I won't even charge you for a kick in the pants!:p LOL Seriously though, I read how many miles you log most days and you seem to be all over your cardio atleast! What is it that you feel you need to work harder on?

Well,I ended up taking an idea that was brought up in another thread for today's work out. I did the IClimb work out on the treadmill. I changed the incline when the instructor has you change the resistance and I just played with my speed according to the music and how I felt. It was a great work out! It was 40 mins and I ended up going 2.76 miles. I kicked it up to a run 3 times I think but only for about 5 mins a piece. I climbed some KILLER hills! It was a great work out and something I need to do more often to get myself better prepared for the hills in the 5k!

ETA: I got Slim and Lean today! I'm previewing it right now!}(

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.