Cathlete
Good Morning Glories!

I've got Meaner Legs this morning :eek:

Have a glorious day!

Phyllis ~ How was your trip?

Good Morning

Off to do S&H tri and bi.

Tammy~ love Meaner Legs!}(

Phyllis~ Hope you had a great trip. Just read you are from Jersey--me too! Cherry Hill, then moved to East Brunswick. (DH also from EB)

Have a great day everyone!
Deanie

Good Morning and Happy May Day!!

Today is KM low impact timesaver. I am subbing an iTread.

Have a great day !

Becky

GM girls! It's good to be home! I didn't so anything this morn as I go in kinda late.I hope to return to normalcy tomorrow! Thanks for the welcome. I did CC yesterday morning and it was better this time as the TM I used had an incline adjustment that actually worked. :) I was a little sore after the first time with CC. I'm not used to running.

Tammy, enjoy meaner legs - short and sweet!

Deanie, how far is East Brunswick from Rutgers? My DS goes to The College of New Jersey and he has a fiend from East Brunswick. I wasn't sure if that was actualy a town or just a section of New Brunswick.

Becky, how does iTread compare with CC?

Phyllis
I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing :)

http://www.rykat.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/arrowhead.png

http://dv.daisypath.com/WS67m5.png

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good Morning Ladies!

Woke up late so no TM run until after I get the kiddos off to school.

Today I plan on an iTread ;) a 40 m one not sure which yet.

Phyllis welcome back!

You asked Becky what the difference between itread and CC is. Not wanting to step on any toes but I can tell you that with itreads Grace gives you numbers for walkers, joggers, & runners to plug into your TM.

The background music has vocals and is more cluby type of music - I enjoy them because they sure give me an awesome workout and I usually have a longer mileage at the end as I tend to stay within the numbers she gives.

[font color=red]**[/font]So who followed Cathe's April Rotation? How was it? Any good results from it?[font color=red]**[/font]

I'm still doing my own rotation with CC & itreads for cardio and PLB/PUB for weight work but not decided if I should do Debbie's Fitnessfreaks Leg Blast rotation , Cathe's Jan 08 rotation or what - decisions, decisions.

Have a Fantabulous Day Ladies need to go and put a fire under these kiddos this morning as we all are still waking up LOL

TTYL

Hi everyone,

Waiting for May's rotation to see if it trips my trigger. I want to go to all body weights this month, instead of separating the upper and lower body. We shall see.
Today was Amy's APX total body premix, then Tracey's Coreblast sections 4,5.

Phyllis~ East Brunswick is a town all its own. Its about 10 min from New Brunswick. As a senior in HS, my girlfriends and I went to the Rutgers fraternity parties all the time. Being a girl, and the 80's, no one ever worried about us being underage.;-) also, about 1/2 my graduating class went to RU. I went to Syracuse!!!:+ -- > party girl that I am!LOL

Deanie

Vilma, thanks for the info. I don't have a TM. I used the one at the hotel and I did find it a little confusing about the settings. Sean was taking about levels and I had no idea what that correspoded to on the machine. I have been doing the April rotation, but I've been so sporatdic wiht my wo's these days! I've seen a difference in my legs, though - specifically my quads. At this point, I'm still only half way through it!! I won't be working out in May very much due to our vacation.
Phyllis
I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing :)

http://www.rykat.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/arrowhead.png

http://dv.daisypath.com/WS67m5.png

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

>Vilma, thanks for the info. I don't have a TM. I used the
>one at the hotel and I did find it a little confusing about
>the settings. Sean was taking about levels and I had no idea
>what that correspoded to on the machine. I have been doing the
>April rotation, but I've been so sporatdic wiht my wo's these
>days! I've seen a difference in my legs, though - specifically
>my quads. At this point, I'm still only half way through it!!
>I won't be working out in May very much due to our vacation.
>Phyllis
> I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain
>figures out what I'm doing :)
>

Just getting back home - drinking my coffee before I jump on my TM.

Phyllis; I DO know that iTrain DOES have some itreads that are suited for outdoor runs can't remember them off the top of my head atm, but if you go over there and check the details out for the itreads you will see them described in detail.

I am planning on getting the monthly motivator soon so I can get a few more itreads lol.

Sean of Cardio Coach uses the perceived exertion along with the HRM. I just put my settings to stay at what I feel are the levels 1-4 as I don't own a HRM, so I tend to play with the resistance and speed.

I had itreads before I got my CCs and it did take some time to find my settings but once I did I had no issues ;).

Itreads are good for that as Grace gives you numbers and what to set your inclines to. She does tell you her numbers are guides so you can increase or decrease.

I like both styles of TM runs, they each give you great workouts.

Now its time for me to jump on my TM and do Itread 7 40 ;)

Back again after doing iTread 21 and 10 minutes of 18, both walking workouts.

Phyllis, I think you got all your questions answered about the difference between iTread and CC. Thanks Vilma!;)

I do like hearing the inclines and speeds so there isn't any guessing or confusion, but Grace irritates me with all her whooping and contradicting instruction!:*
In today's workout she said "put your hands behind your back and DIG with your legs" in the next breath she said "you should be using your arms to push, USE THOSE ARMS !" ack!
Then 1,2 1,2 1,2 (said very fast, like if you were running and the speed was nowhere near that!)
Also she will say Just 60 seconds more and then 60 seconds is up and she says We are less than 60 seconds now !!!!!!

ANYWAY, if you can stand all that, it's a GREAT workout !:7

Going to do an extended stretch and hit the shower !

Have a good one !
Becky

LMBO Becky about Grace; it's true she can get very excited at times but I don't mind her so much because I'm just running along and breathing hard anyways.

Today I did itread 7 40 and when you start going up those hills, yes you need to use your heels to dig and I do move my arms to help me along.

I do like how Grace reminds you to relax your shoulders, stand up straight with your chest out, to move heel toe, etc. - it helps me focus on my posture as I run and makes me move better.

Ya know I need to lose weight but this isn't what I had in mind.

I am sick again..this time with the runs. sigh. Can't win. My oldest has it too.

So no workout unless you call running to the bathroom every 5 min. exercise.:-(

Have a better day than I am.

Annette: I hope you and your family start to get better soon - being sick is never a good thing :(

Hugs

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.