Daily Check In Thursday, August 17, 2006

Conni

Cathlete
Good morning everyone,

I can't believe I am first at bat today. I hope you all have some good workouts today, I did SS Tone it Up, and I was sweating buckets! I even had to drop down to 3 pounders on one segment, don't tell me this is an easy workout!

Have a great day to all who follow!

Hi Conni and all who follow,

I kept thinking I wasn't seeing the post today.

I did PUB down only and Total body stretch stability ball #2.

Have a great day!:)

Elaine

Good morning Conni and others who follow,

Today is supposed to be a total body workout, but also need some cardio. I am thinking of doing the BC and ME combo. It is grouling,but I like it!

Conni-sounds like you had a great workout!:)

kim

Good Morning Conni, Elaine , Kim and all who straggle in later......;-)

Today I did Slow & Heavy bi/tri/abs & 30 minutes on the stationary bike.

Have a good one!

Good morning everyone!! I am thinking of trying MIC today. Anyone have any pointers on that one for me? I am curious to try it. Is it as intense as Interval Max that I did on Monday?

Goodmorning all. My hamstrings are still screaming from Tuesday's powerstrike! My co workers laugh everytime I sit or stand and yelp. Today is a cardio day, maybe a Franny step WO. Enjoy the sweat ladies.

Good morning gals. I have the day off today so I'm a little late. I did a heck of a WO. In 1 hr 30 min, I completed PUB and MM shoulders, MM bis, CTX step and intervals cardio and Allstep cardio. People don't talk about Allstep too much, but I really enjoy it. It's challenging (ok, sometimes a bit tricky) ala RS. I burned 491 calsand kept my HR prtty high!

Becky, I've got the Viper on tap for tomorrow!

Have a good day. Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Hey girls,

ME and BC premix combo is done! I did everything but the abs which I will do some later. I hate doing abs when you're shaking after a workout!

Have a good day!

kim

Good morning ladies! I am back from my long restful vacation. It is GOOD to be back. I totally missed this forum. It looks like there is a lot going on. I can't wait for the new Cathe videos.

I ran everyday on vacation and most days it was 5-6 miles. I still gained 2 lbs though. I ate everything in sight. It felt good. I am back on track today though.

I am going to run an easy 4 miles and do some lying leg work, probably legs and glutes.

Phyllis, WOW what a workout!!!!

Have a great day ladies:)

susan

Hey Kathy,

MIC is a killer, imo. It is not a mental challenge, but more of a physical one. The Hi/lo portion is very high impact, the low impact portion is kind of an extension of the warm up, imo. The step portion gets repetitive to me, but I like to keep my mind busy to conteract the screams from my body!:D There is also a blast section following the step portion, short and sweet, not too much of a challenge as far as Cathe's intervals go, but it is one long, kickbutt workout in its entirety!

Let us know what you think!:)

Hi all, today I did PS chest minus push ups and Cardio Camp's hi/lo premix.

I had a violent awakening this morning, must have had to fight to get awake because I sat straight up in the bed and when I finally regained my control over my breathing, I looked over and I had knocked over my alarm clock (and no it hadn't gone off yet) and even knocked my lamp off my nightstand onto the floor in front of the door. I am not sure what happened because I don't remember doing that at all.

Today would have been my mother's 66th birthday if she were still alive. Maybe that had a subconscious meaning behind it, who knows.:eek:

Oh gosh Annette - that's an awful way to wake up. Hope the rest of day is more peaceful.

Not doing too good lately. Forgot to checkin yeasterady, not that there was much to say - Imax was on the rotation, but 15 min in to it, I realized I was grounding everything (that's not exactly the whole point of Imax, now is it?) so I determined that it wasn't an Imax kind of day and did Stretchmax instead.

Got up this morning planning on attacking Imax again. But as I was changing from PJ's into workout clothes had a wierd pain in my knee. Not the ouch, gone in an instance pain, but a sore, tender to the touch kind of pain. SOOOO no step for me today. Did a coremax, iced the knee and I'm hoping it settles down so I can take a walk later. If not, I may try to do an upper body wo instead. It's just that I really need the cardio right now.

It seems like I've been in a bit of a slump lately. Just not up to pushing myself very hard. Of course I may just be anxious for vacation. We leave on Saturday for a dude ranch in upper NY. It'll be a blast, can't wait.

Hello to everyone above and all who follow - Happy Thursday!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Don't worry Clause, we all go through times like that. I am sure you will be completely refreshed after your vacation.

Geesh Annette! Maybe your mom was stopping by for a visit! Hope your day goes well.

Everyone else--great WO's!!

This was my circiut WO:
10-12 reps of each

DB Chest Fly: 15lb
Push Ups
Lat Pull Overs: 15#
Shoulder Press on the ball: 10#
Lateral Raises: 8#
Hover Squats: 30#
Static Lunges: 30#
One Arm Rows: 15#
Lying Tricep Extensions: 10#
Concentration Bicep Curls on the ball: 15#

Then I did 2 Imax2 Segments, then repeated it 2 more times (total of 3). THe last Imax2 part I did 3 segments with no recovery in between.
I feel like I could go heavier with some, but I really need to buy some 12# and 20# dumbells.

I was dripping, and it felt great! It was just over an hour.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/152/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Thanks for the rundown of MIC Conni. I am going to hit that workout in a little while. I bought hardcore extreme and just got it today. It looks so good...Question: Do I need IMAX3 if I have this one? I keep debating whether or not to buy it.

{{{HUGS}}}sent your way Annette....

I haven't been checking in lately but I've been exercising, getting in about five out of seven days.

This week I power walked 40 minutes on Sunday
Rest day - Monday
HSC - Tuesday
IMAX3 step only - Wed

and today I did Kickbox and strength circuit from the KPC/L&G's DVD.

I'm loving the blog on the new workouts!

Hey everyone!! I tried MIC today for the first time. Boy did Cathe name that one correctly. It was tough! But, I did love it. I asked earlier about Imax 3. I bought Hardcore extreme and got it today. I was wondering if I needed Imax 3 with alot of it on this workout. But, I couldn't help myself and I bought Imax 3 anyway. You guys were right..my credit card is smoking lately. I am still debating the Imax2/cardio & weights DVD. I have those taped off Fitv. But, I would love the full versions of them. So...credit card is not done yet I guess. I better start teaching some more at the gym I work for to pay for all this. I haven't preordered yet. but, I was thinking about it. HAHA I am going Cathe crazy for sure.

Thanks for listening..

Susan and Jane, glad to see you two back! Good job Jane, and glad you had fun on vacation Susan!!

Kathy- you are too funny. I think we all go thru the Cathe crazy!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/152/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Daily Check-in

After my Bible study this morning, I did Muscle Endurance for the first time in months. Wow! This is one tough workout! My biceps are still crying tonight. I was still sore from doing Leaner Legs 48 hours earlier, and I really felt the leg presses and the glute raises. Ouch! I saved the abs from Muscle Endurance for tonight and did the third segment of Total Body Stretching.

Susan, welcome back! I missed you and hope you enjoyed your vacation. :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Hey Jane, it is so good to see you back!:)

I have been in and out here dealing with a few things, but hope to be here for a while!

Have a great night everyone!

kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.