Daily Check in thurs Jan 11

Good morning!

My knee is feeling better today even after doing LIS and three combos and blasts from LIC yesterday. Maybe I did just tweak it but I am so paranoid about my knees knowing what Cathe went through.

Today is GS C&T.

Have a good one.

Good Morning Ladies!

Phyllis, I never used to come even CLOSE to being able to do pikes on the ball but after not doing them for a while (and getting stronger, I guess), I have really improved! I am coming very close to being able to do it! Give a shot! You might surprise yourself! Whatever you do, don't do a u/b work out first though! LOL :p

Jane, Glad your knee is coming along. Enjoy your work out today. :)

My step class last night was fun. It's really growing on me more and more each time I go. In the beginning I was sooo unenthused because I love Cathe and figured anyone else would bore me. Well, the choreo is totally different and I do PREFER Cathe's but the class is still tough and fun for me! I'm so happy it's not a chore to have to go to it although it CAN be a bit inconvenient for me...

After a hot shower and right before bed last night I did SM#3. I needed it. It felt good. Unfortunately though my calves are really sore and it didn't help that.

I have Yoga X on tap for today. That should help my calves some. I don't know if I'll get through the entire work out but I'll do as much as I can handle!

Have a great day!

Good morning everyone,

Phyllis - I agree with Wendy, don't do an upper body workout before pikes, talk about tremors!!!

Jane - Glad your knee is feeling better!

Today was BSB and abs from BM. BSB seems so short to me lately, it just can't be over 60 minutes like the dvd claims! I had time to make homemade pancakes for my DS and vaccum my bedroom before leaving for work.

Have a great day all.

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

GS BSB and some ab work for me today too. If I have time, I'll fit in a short yoga session.

Jane: Glad to hear your knee is feeling better. Have fun with all those push-ups:eek:

Phyllis: Keep working on the pikes, you'll get there. They take a really strong core. When I was first learning them, I used to put my stability ball on my sticky mat to help with the stability. Also play with the amount of air in your stability ball...HTH!

Tig: I'm glad you loved S/A as much as me:7. Sometimes I would do YogaX all the way through, and sometimes I would split it up and do the first 45 minutes one day and the 2nd 45 minutes another day. I really did come to love this workout too.

Conni: Oooh pancakes:9:9...I'm on my way!

Conni: Count me in for some pancakes as well!:9 You did all of that before work!? Jeesh, I barely had time to drink my coffee before I had to get in the shower in the mornings! LOL

Tammy: I think I will probably split up yoga x today. I haven't even touched on the 2nd half of the work out so the balancing poses will be all new to me...and probably darned near impossible as my balance is horrid!:7 Have fun with BSB!

Hey you all are welcome for breakfast anytime!:7

Yeah, I try to get something done every morning to help eliminate my evening chore time. It does look pretty funny, though. One minute I am running the vaccum, the next minute I am putting on makeup and going over my DS spelling word homework, probably with one sock on or something like that!:7

Pikes - For me the key is the hip action. Once I got the idea of pushing my booty up to the sky the pike just happened.

Conni, you are great at multi-tasking I gather!:) Pretty soon you'll be able to make the pancakes while in the pike position! LOLOL :p

Okay, I am sitting here in my office laughing to myself at that visual!!!

Now...if I could figure how to flip 'em!:+

>Okay, I am sitting here in my office laughing to myself at
>that visual!!!
>
>
>Now...if I could figure how to flip 'em!:+

You can put the spatula in between your toes and flip 'em with your feet!...EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW! LOL :p

Today was a lower body with cardio thrown in also, I did Billy's Cardio Bootcamp the first 31 min. of it then switched over and did Billy's Lower Body Boot camp in its entirety.

So that is 1 hour and 16 min. of taebo!!! WHOO HOO for me!!:7 :7

Have a great day!!:D

Daily Check-in

Good evening! I woke up with a mild sore throat and felt like my head was in a fog. I was able to breathe and wanted to stick to my rotation as closely as possible, but I did not want to get hot and sweaty and trigger a coughing fit. I remembered that I ordered Cathe’s intermediate workouts last month. After my quiet time, I did Body Fusion for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised by this workout. The music is good. Cathe uses music from the CTX Series, which I love. The choreography is simple but fun, and the intensity is moderate. It is a good recovery workout for days like this when I want to move but do not have enough energy to endure a more intense workout. I wrapped up my workout with the bonus stability ball abs. I stayed on track with my rotation by doing a circuit workout, and moving made me feel better.

I drank plenty of spring water today and a few cups of herb tea. I rescheduled my appointment with my counselor for later this month so I could rest tonight instead of meeting with her after work. Tomorrow is my day for a long stretch. I will be able to rest this weekend. I am hoping to fully recover next week because I want to start picking up the pace the following week and adding more intense workouts to my rotation.

Conni, I missed your pancakes. I need to start checking in before work again!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.