Daily Check-in Thurs 10-26

luvtorun

Cathlete
Good morning fitness folks....

Today RS is on tap. I love that workout now.

Robin- thanks for the compliment. We had a great time!

Maeghan - we have two horses. One is DH's rope horse and the other one is the baby. We just received her registered papers yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning Jane. Enjoy RS!

Tammy, I am so with you about the warm bed thing. I have been having a hard time getting out of it too!

Maeghan, I did KPC today. I liked your mishmosh yesterday. What was the running time?

Have a good day all. Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Morning Fit Chicks!

Jane, I still haven't done RS in full as I haven't had the patience to learn segment 3 yet! LOL

Phyllis, So are you resting today?? You didn't say what work out you were going to do.

I am slated for a run around 5pm once the daycare re-opens at the gym. DH is working o/t and then he has bowling so I won't be seeing him at all until about 9:30 tonight. It's just me and DS for the long haul today...

Have a great day ladies!:)

Good Morning Girls!

Jane, in case you are emailing me, for some reason I'm not getting emails, or getting them VERY late (like the next day). We think the problem is our provider and hopefully they will fix it THIS MORNING!!

Kim, THANK you for the words of encouragement ! I can tell you really do understand and YES, I hope we can help eachother through this!!
Right now my eating is horrible. For one thing, I lost 15 pounds while I was ill & my weight was too low so EVERYONES goal when I got home was to fatten me up! My mom sent over food everyday and everyone pushed things at me like donuts and cake and cookies.
Now that my weight is closer to normal , I'm still eating those things. Also I'm in the middle of PMS so trying to resist brownies and ice cream is not working out so well!!

I DID do my first real power walk yesterday afternoon. The sun was shining and it got up into the low 50's and I put on my music and walked for 40 minutes!!! HOORAY! Maybe today it will be easier and every day a little bit more.....
My back/hip still hurts so walking is about all I'm able to do right now.....but it's better than nothing!

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC day today!:D

Hi Becky.

Glad you are on the road to recovery! Sorry about the food thing. We all know how tough that can be. Your family should have been sending you lots of HEALTHY food...not donuts!:eek: :p :7 Good job on the power walk y'day! Keep it up and you'll get there!

Take Care!

Good Morning Fit Chix!

Yoga for me today.

Jane: I really like RS...an excellent calorie burner!

Phyllis: How are college applications going? My son is dragging his feet:(

Tig: Enjoy your treadmill run.

Becky: Hang in there girl...we are all behind you!

Hello to all that follow...have a great day!!!!

Phyllis- my run was only 5 min! LOL!!! I planned on doing a mile, but my legs were so tired, since I had worked them hard the night before. Plus it was gettting late and the kids needed their bath!
I really like doing some mish moshes so I never get bored and it stays fun.

Jane- we are down to two horses now too.

Tammy- I am reallly starting to like yoga, and should do it more.

Becky- I wish you the best. I think you are doing great!

Wendy- Any more races planned this year?

Not sure what I will be doing today, but definately some UB, and hopefully cardio.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/147/.png[/

Daily Check-in

Good morning! I have not checked in all week because I have been goofing off with the cardio haters (even though I am an avid cardio lover). I am experiencing a little setback too. I hurt my left foot, and I have been limping around for 3 days. I wore cute shoes for my weekend shopping expedition instead of going for comfort, and I am paying for it. I also think I tried to get too much mileage out of those shoes that are ready to be retired. Something always hurts when it is time for new shoes. I will be sad if I am not ready for Cathe’s new workouts when they arrive. Perish the thought! I will be ready! I will stay off my feet as much as possible this weekend. The good news is that I had a successful weekend of shopping and found new Nike Shox for my workouts and new shoes for work that are cute and comfortable. I also found cute Nike workout clothes and new tops for work. All on sale!

I tested my light box Sunday morning. It really gives a nice glow to my living room that reminds me of early morning light. I have not been getting up early enough to use it on a daily basis. The timing is very important, so I need to get my act together. Thankfully, the time changes this weekend. An extra hour will make a big difference. It has been dark and rainy all week, which is not helping the situation. I did not sleep well again last night, but I am not tired this morning for some reason.

After viewing all the video clips, I am most excited about Body Max 2. That surprises me. Of course, I may change my mind by the time the DVDs are delivered. Drill Max is a close second. Believe it or not, Low Impact Circuit is now the one I am least excited about. After seeing all the other clips, it does not have the same energy and intensity. Of course, that is subject to change. I love Low Max and Low Impact Step, so I am hoping this one will be as much fun. I keep reminding myself that I need some less intense workouts in my rotation. I am such an intensity junkie though! With a Collage rating of basic for the step choreography in Low Impact Circuit, I am not sure if it will rock my world. But Cathe will likely surprise me. My favorite Cathe workouts have a complex rating. Body Max 2 is only rated as moderate, but that is okay. What I saw looks like fun. Butts and Guts surprised me when I watched the clip. It might replace my beloved Leaner Legs as my favorite. All in all, I am glad I ordered the whole set. My only regret is not ordering them on the first day with expedited shipping. Hopefully, they will start shipping today.

Jane, the baby is adorable! I looked at your PictureTrail yesterday, and those pictures made my heart smile. You and Becky are beautiful too. Do you breed horses? Rhythmic Step is my favorite step workout. I am longing for a Rhythmic Step 2.

Becky, I am with you. Having my sleep cycle disrupted all month has thrown me for a loop. I am really struggling with my workouts (and not working out at all this week with this sore foot). I need to get my butt in the pool and do something. I have not had a good workout week all month. Thankfully, my weight is holding steady. It may be a blessing in disguise that the new workouts are delayed. I may need to start over with something like Low Impact Step and work my way back up to the intense ones. I can relate to you right now. Even thought I have not battled an illness like you have, 3-4 hours of sleep a night all month is wiping me out physically and mentally.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Good morning everyone,

Good workouts everyone!

We all have to hang tough, in all our habits.

Today was Kari Anderson Classic cardio and abs.

Have a great day!

Howdy do ladies. I think today is ME day. I would rather rest, but I find I overeat on rest days. Those should be the days I restrict the caloric intake. Go figure.

Wendy, you have to learn part 3 of RS! That is my favorite part of my favorite step workout.

Becky, keep up the good work and don't get discouraged. (You either Kim) Tell your loved ones to send the healthy treats, not the empty calorie laden ones.

Tammoo, I hope the yoga destresses Dr Heiferpants Day.

Jane, what is a rope horse? One you walk instead of ride? Any hopes of someday riding it?

Pyllis, I haven't done KPC for a long time. Maybe that one will get pulled off the shelf tomarrow.

Maeghandoodlydoo, A-jock better watch out. You may become the new mishmosh queen.

Have a wonderful day all.

RE: Daily Check-in

Hi Again Everyone!

Again, thank you for the wonderful support & encouragement! You guys are AWESOME!!!

Heather, I'm with you on the insomnia! That's been one of the things that I've been dealing with the past couple of months (longer really but it's been severe lately). I've taken Ambien, Tylenol PM (not together of course) and now I am taking the muscle relaxer for my hip which lets me sleep. But when I stop, I find I sleep an hour or two, IF I am lucky, a night. Lack of sleep makes everything worse!
So I hope we get this figured out soon!
I've read that you are trying out the light therapy and if you could, I'd love to hear how it works for you!

My exciting news is that I finally did a weight workout today for the first time in 6 weeks! I did the u/b premix from Supersets, only 30 minutes, but I feel so good !!! Now I feel like I really CAN make a comeback !!! ;) :p

I will continue slowly working to build back my strength & endurance and one day I might even be ready to tackle the new workouts that will be coming to us very soon now! YIPPEE!! :7

Take care & have a great day!:)

Hi gals,

Unscheduled rest day, my back is killing me and I keep getting sharp, stabbing pain in the right front side of my head that is getting more frequent. So I opted to take a rest day. I will do chest and back tomorrow and some cardio, I hope.

Have a great day!!:)

Meg,

As a matter of fact, I am in the process of trying to work it out so that I can run on Black Friday in a 5 miler with my friend! I am on the schedule for work PLUS I would need a sitter for Joey so if I can get coverage and a sitter I am there!}( }( }(

Good Morning,

Big day ahead of me today, and the rest of the week.

Chest, Biceps and Abs. Will work each of these body parts until failure. At least three differnt exercises for each one of them. Then a cardio workout like Power Max. Maybe later,before bed, Stretch Max. See how I feel then.

Glad to see everyone doing well, and in high spirits.

Janie

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return"
Nature Boy by eden ahbez 1908-1995

RS is done.

Wendy - I just kept trying and trying and finally one day it all came together.

Becky - I got one email from you this morning and replied but haven't receive any yet. Is your server still down? In case you haven't gotten my emails, way to go on the UB workout! You are going to be back on top before you know it!

Robin - DH does this thing called Dally Team Roping. It is a western riding event. He heels. The steer comes out of the chute and the header ropes the head and turns the steer back up the pen while the heeler ropes the heels, all on horseback. He did pretty good in Columbus. His rope slipped off his horn on his dally and he had to do it again and got 11th out of 35 horses. It would probably have been a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th if he'd got it right the first time. Oh well. His trainer rode Honey (the horse) in the open competition and got 8th out of 56 horses, woo hoo, won a medallion and some money.

Here's a link to learn more....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_roping

Heather - thank you. We don't breed horses to sell. Heidi (the baby) is out the same mare as DH's rope horse (Honey). Rhythmic Step is definitely one of my favorites. I dreaded doing that thing until I finally caught on. It is so much fun!

Off to feed Heidi and Honey and then myself.

Later....

Tammy, college applications are a slow process. The meat of the app is not the problem - it's the essays. I keep bugging him to work on them, but he is dragging his feet. He's been working alot of hours, so he's had minimal free time. Hopefully on Sun, he'll work on them more. Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Amen to that Phyllis! This is my 3rd time around and frankly, I'm burnt out from last year! It is such a relief when all the applications are done and and sent off!

I've completed a 5 mile TM run! Part of that was in doing CC # 2. My first experience with it. I enjoyed it! GOOD WORK OUT! }(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.