Daily Check In Saturday/Sunday March 10/11, 2011

good morning everyone,

I hope your day has started off well. I've already been to the market and my workout is complete!

I did Susan Chung's Rapid Fire - first 34 minutes. I had to stop because I needed to eat - losing ability to focus.

After a few spoonfuls of yoghurt (soy of course), I did Cathe's STS Ply legs.

So that's it for me - I am on a break for 1 week. Just kidding. I mean a break from weight training. I will only do cardio/yoga/pilates/barre for the next 7 days.

I have to do Cathe's extended stretch.

Enjoy the weekend my friends in fitness. Conni, I hope your spirit rises today.

My Friends,

Thank you as always for helping me to not feel so alone in all this. MS is not only disabling and humiliating, it is isolating. You would not believe all of my DH's "friends" that have gone by the wayside in all of this, let alone family members. You are my support in alot of things, and I thank God for all of you and the strength you provide.

Annette - My DH is trying to get SS disability, and has been fighting for it for over a year now. When you are filing for this, you cannot be working or getting unemployment. Alot of people are led into foreclosure and bankruptcy during this time due to the lack of response and expediency from the government.

We are actually not doing too badly, it is not as though anything has gotten worse, really, just not any better. Fortunately, I am employed fulltime by a great employer, and, if the money is not fantastic, they are understanding in DH's condition. I am a budget queen, and we are doing what we need to do to live, but we are looking at selling the house sooner rather than later and moving into a condo to better fit our physical and budget needs.
I just want what is right for my hubby, he suffers enough.

Anyways, we shall see what happens, yes? I do believe God has a plan, but sometimes I would really like to see some good things happen along the way...I am a faulty human, after all.

Today was PLB and I added the ab hits from MIS.

It is a sunny day, and we will do the best we can. Isn't that what we all do???

Happy Saturday ladies! Great day today. Today was SJP. I got through most of it then fast forward to the chest piece...clocked in at about 45 min of workout.

Its gorgeous here today. My husband and I are going to take in a Red Sox game later tonight at the new stadium. They do spring training here in Fort Myers.

Connie - we are here for you any time. You are strong and not alone.

Have a great day.

Carmen.

Hi ladies,

Carmen - How fun to be able to see the Red Sox play. Spring training is alot of fun, from what I hear.

Today was Cardo - Hiit 30/30, mountain climbers on the wall, heavy weight figure eights, and crunches. I added my Yoga Relax premix 1 since I missed it earlier this week.

Starting some serious spring cleaning ( it makes me feel better..), and DS is going to play some golf this afternoon.

Thanks Conni for the update. I have heard that it can take upwards of 2 years or more to get disability and that you are always turned down the first time. We have at least 3 people in our church who have MS and one had to quit his job because his job was causing him stress and thus making the MS worse. The other is a stay at home mom whose husband supports the family and the last one is a single middle aged woman who due to some miracle drugs or vitamin therapy not sure which has been out of a wheelchair for probably 5-7 years now. When we first started going to this church she was in a wheelchair from the MS she is doing great now.

How long has your hubby had this?

Praying.

Hi everyone,

I am checking in late today. Busy day. I baked a lemon bundt cake this morning instead of workout out. It was dry! alas.

I just finished Ruah Warrior with Leah Sarago and Suzanne Bowen. Goodness I love that workout. It works your lower body with no weights and it's just lovely. Conni if you have this one try it. It's picky to start for some reason but does start once you do a lot of clicking.

Have a nice evg. ladies. I don't know how I'll sleep. It's daylight savings and I am wide awake.

s.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.