Daily Check In, Saturday, June 9, 2007

Conni

Cathlete
Good morning all you sleepyheads!!

I can't believe no one else has posted yet, so here we go!

Today was a strength day on the rotation, so I did GS CT, then I did Seasun's Bosu core and ab workout from Double Cardio. My arms were shaking to beat the band!!!

Have a great day,...

Oh... and Becky...YOU'RE STILL KILLING ME!!!!!!!!}(

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

This morning I'm going to do HCE Hi/Lo intervals and some ab work. I had the pleasure of talking w/Heather on the phone last night...she is such a sweetie! :7:7:7

Conni ~ It is so nice to have you start our weekend! The band work gets in there really good, eh?}( }( }( }( }(

Have a great day y'all....I'll check back later:p

Good Morning Conni, Tammy and the rest of the gang!

Today will be MIS and stretch, but first I MUST have my coffee!

It's so quiet here. DH had to go into work early. DS had an early tennis game. DDs are still sleeping. I love this calm - just me and tha animals.

This week was ful of end of year stuff for DS - all the senior activites. It makes me sad to think that this is his last"fill in the blank" in his high school career. I guess I need to turn it around and think of it as a bunch of firsts in his college career!
OK, enough lamenting.

Tammy, how great that you spoke with Heather. I figured that she would be sweet.I'm looking forward to meeting you 2 in August!
Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Hi Ladies.

I have Tear It Up and a run on tap but currently feel like doing NOTHING! LOL I am home TOTALLY alone and LOVING it! I just want to hang for a while. DS is at nanny's, DH is at work and DD (dear dog LOL) is at the groomer's! So it's just me and the dust bunnies! :p WOOH!:7

I am off to a graduation party this afternoon where I know there will be lots of good food and drinks calling my name so I GOTTA exercise to stay a step ahead of the calories I will be consuming today!}(

Have a great one. :)

Good Morning !

I just finished PS and BM2 triceps and Step and intervals. Will do Abs later!

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!!:D

Becky

Hello everyone...

Did good up until dinner, grrrrr. Seems to be the same old story, except this time after scurrying around all day with errands and gettin our house ready to show for a buyer, my ds, dd, 2 dogs and I left to let the buyers view in peace for the hour they were supposed to be here, then after a no-show they asked to see if they could come at 4:30-5:30 instead of the 3-4 time slot they were originally scheduled for. So off we went again, stalling for another hour. Needless to say my tummy was really rumbly and I couldn't resist taking the kids out to our favorite local diner. I ate a spicy chicken sandwich with some fries, gave the rest of the fries to my ds, but not until I got a couple of his mozzerella sticks. <Hangs head in shame>

How much exercise should I do to make up for this??? At least a lower body workout and some low impact I'd say.

Maybe just LIC for tonight:):):)

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/180.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

I never got to the gym today cause I ran out of time. :-(

I ended up doing Cardio Intervals at home but only had time for half of that even.

Tomorrow is my rest day but I am going to try to do some yoga. I am over-do.

Have a great night.:)

Daily Check-in

I have been too tired to check-in this week, so this is a summary of my week since my last check-in on Tuesday.

After my quiet time Wednesday morning, I did Kick, Punch, & Crunch. I wanted to jog in the pool at the club, but I bounced on my rebounder after work instead.

After my quiet time Thursday morning, I did Step, Jump, & Pump. It is one of my favorite workouts, but I was too tired to enjoy it. I had to push myself through it. I am not fueling my body properly. My eating has been moderately clean all week, but it has not been balanced. I have not been eating enough complex carbs for the extra cardio. Because I have been too tired to plan menus, go grocery shopping, and pack my meals and snacks, I have been flying by the seat of my pants with my eating this week. I need my steel-cut oatmeal for breakfast, pinto beans and brown rice or a baked potato for lunch, and lima beans or corn for dinner as well as a mid-afternoon snack. My body thrives on whole grains and starchy veggies. With the Texas summer heat, I need to drink more spring water too. I may need to start taking vitamins again as well. My clothes are fitting much better after a week of consistent workouts, but I am having an energy crisis.

I received my package from Cathe Thursday afternoon with the Intensity Series on DVD and my pink Cathe “embracing the challenge” baseball tee. It is the smallest size large I have ever seen! There is no vanity sizing here! I ordered this to wear with a size 12 pair of pink jeans. This is my goal outfit. My ultimate goal is a size 8, but I will be jumping for joy when I fit comfortably into a size 12 again.

I went to the club Thursday night and pushed myself through 30 minutes on the recumbent bike. Rebecca showed up and talked me through the last 20 minutes.

Friday was my rest day, so I enjoyed the stability ball segments of Total Body Stretching after my quiet time. I also enjoyed a bowl of steel-cut oatmeal with natural peanut butter and raw honey for breakfast. Yummy! I had more energy throughout the day.

Tammy (oldfirmie) called me Friday night for the first time. I had fun listening to her New York accent.

This was an interesting day. I spent over 2 hours on the phone this morning resolving a problem with my internet service (that should have been fixed after countless phone calls last month). I kept praying for someone like Nancy in Cathe’s customer service department to answer my call and help me. A nice guy named Brent came to my rescue. He thanked me first for maintaining such a positive attitude. I had been transferred to the wrong department once again, but he kept me on the line, called the right department, took care of this issue once and for all, reported back to me, and gave me a permanent discount rate! Praise God that my patience and gracious response was rewarded! Of course, the Holy Spirit had a few hours while I was on hold to give me a divine attitude adjustment because my initial reaction was not so lovely!

I am not an afternoon girl, so I took a short nap and waited until 5:00 p.m. to start my workout. I enjoyed the Kick, Punch, & Crunch cardio conditioning premix followed by Supersets. I am a morning glory girl all the way, and I am so glad I had fun workouts planned for today!

This was actually a victorious day for me. I did not run to fun for comfort when I was stressed out over the customer service issue, and I persevered through my planned workout even though I enjoy Cathe more in the morning. I did not get to the club for my bonus cardio, but I am still calling this a good day!

After a nice phone conversation with Mom, I got dressed to run a few errands. My jeans that I just bought Memorial Day weekend are more comfortable around my hips, and the tee shirt that was too tight to wear in public a week ago fits beautifully now. I am getting smaller!

I went to the bookstore while I was out and spent some time skimming through several diet and nutrition books. I was fascinated by the comments about cardio and carbs for women my age. A cardiologist in Florida agrees with my doctor.

My body needs time to rest and recharge for the extra cardio I am adding to my rotation. I need to focus on getting to bed earlier and blessing my body with more sleep. That is my goal for next week.

I am hoping for a restful Sunday. Have a delightful and blessed day!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.