Daily Check In Saturday December 1, 2007

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Ladies.

Today I am walking a 5k race with my training clients. I encouraged them to participate in this by promising them I'd walk with them. It's going to KILL me not to run (especially in the cold weather!) but I'll be a good sport!}(

I wanted to get in a work out prior but I just don't have the time. I have to leave the house too early so when I get home I am thinking about doing something on the easier side like something off Cathe's LIS dvd. :)

Have a great day.

Good morning Wendy! Wow you are up early today! Have fun today with your walk.

Some sort of stretch is on the rotation for today and I'm going to try to get that in before the crowd gets here. Flooring day today and DS, DIL and my little pumpkin is coming up. DD and her boyfriend is coming up too.

Have a good one!

Good Morning Glories!

Today is iTread#24 Armed, and a kettlebell workout off the kettlebell goddess dvd. I also have CleanMax, LaundryMax and DecorateMax on tap. We woke up to a dusting of snow on the ground and tomorrow we are expecting our first storm x(

Wendy ~ Enjoy your walk!

Jane ~ Have a great time with your family today!

Daily Check-in

Good morning, Wendy and Jane and Tammy! Glory! I did it! I faithfully finished Cathe’s November rotation this morning with Boot Camp. This was my first Cathe rotation. Actually, this is the first rotation of any kind that I have completed. I am a bit of a rotation rebel! LOL! Cathe has accomplished what no man or woman before her has succeeded in doing! She created fun and effective weight workouts that I love, and I am hooked on weight training! Many personal trainers have tried to convert me through the years without success. Go, Cathe!

I can do all the Boot Camp drills on the floor now! I had to modify the bunny hops and zig zap drill for my rebounder the first week! I can finally get all 4 weights back to the “finish line” for the suicide runs too. (Of course, I get dizzy when I run that fast. LOL!) I am making progress, and I love what I am seeing! Not only did I have to buy smaller jeans the night before Thanksgiving, but I am continuing to shrink all over and getting stronger every week! Yippee! Never did I dream or imagine I would be using 20-pound weights for incline chest work when 12-pound weights were “heavy” for me 7 weeks ago! I can still remember how hard it was for me to haul heavy weights up the stairs last month when I brought them home from Target! I bought 15-pound weights last year for Body Max 2 and was never able to use them until now!

I logged in yesterday for the first time since the night before Thanksgiving! An 8-day break from Cathe’s place has to be a record for me! This is my check-in for the last 2 weeks:

11-18-07 rest
11-19-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Higher Intensity Step
11-20-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Kickbox
11-21-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step
11-22-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Boot Camp
11-23-07 a.m. Stretch Max
11-24-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step (cardio premix)

11-25-07 a.m. Slow and Heavy Legs + Stretch Max
11-26-07 rest
11-27-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Higher Intensity Step
11-28-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Kickbox
11-29-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Boot Camp (cardio premix)
11-30-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step
12-01-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Boot Camp

Here are my Cathe calendar results for November:

-10 pounds
-1" chest
-3" waist
-3" abdomen
-3" hips
-1" right thigh
-1" right calf
-1" right upper arm

I am still having fun with the 4-Day Split, but I decided to focus more on cardio and circuit training in December (for damage control in light of all the Christmas celebrations on my social calendar) and return to heavy weight work in January. Cathe’s December rotation looks delightful, so that is my game plan for the rest of the year! I got better results in November with Cathe’s rotation than I did on my own. My goal for December is to maintain my weight as I historically gain 10-20 pounds during the holidays. Eek!

Thank y’all for encouraging me to toss the scale and stick with the heavy weights. Not only am I smaller and stronger, but my body “feels” different too. I can feel muscle under the fat now. Everything is starting to get firmer and tighter. I have faith that I will love what I see when this layer of fat melts away! I have a long way to go and a lot of body fat to burn, but my body is being transformed from the inside out. I am having fun and enjoying every step of the journey. That is what really counts! Glory! I am still amazed that I found weight work I love. I wrote last month that the 4-Day Split would be my breakthrough series. Yes!

Have fun with your workouts in December. Enjoy treats and feast food in moderation. Bless your body with plenty of rest. Get ready to blast off the fat in 2008 with me! I am getting ready for an 18-week group challenge that starts in January. I will share more details about this next month. I am very excited!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Good day everyone!

I will probably take a rest today. Is anyone doing Cathe's Dec rotation? I need to look at it again. I haven't really decided.

Heather, wonderful work! Do you feel like you've unlocked a secret by discovering heavy weights?

I'm glad you ladies discovered Scrambled Eggs! It is an awesome workout!

Wendy, what a good sport you are! Just walking huh!
Jane, have fun with the family!
Tammy, do you want to join me in the chant? No snow, no snow...
Phyllis http://www.rykat.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/arrowhead.png

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

RE: Daily Check-in

Hi everyone,

Wendy - I am sure you will get a great lift from your walk, even if you can't run it!

Heather - Keep up the work. I don't care what you believe in, light weights, heavy weights, whatever, it's the consistency that changes your body, and girl, you are making some great changes!!! Keep it up!

Tammy - No snow, no snow..

Jane - Have a great family and flooring day!

Today was Marcus Topless Blocks Hi/lo section, and the core and stretch from SJP.

Monday I am starting the December rotation ( with cardio subbing of course..)

Hi gals,

I did the kickbox premix off of Cardio Camp (Kimberly Spreen) for my little bit of cardio, then I did PLB floorwork and Slow and Heavy incline chest work, then did abs off of PSSL&A! Nice hodge podge and despite my cycle starting I was down again this morning. I think this week of cardio plus weights has jump started my weight loss again which is a good thing.

We start back school next week so I will be back to weights only, so hopefully this weight loss will continue. We will be only doing school for 3 weeks and then breaking for Christmas for 2 weeks so maybe I will do cardio during that break (even though it will be a shorter period between normal breaks) and see if I can keep my weight at bay during the rest of the holiday season.

Have a great day, I have to go to work later so I need to get myself together.:7 :)

Evening everybody... Oh I'm tired. Not as tired as DS who did most of everything. DH and I didn't kill each other but there were a couple of close calls! :p No stretch today and DS is coming back tomorrow to finish the kitchen so I'll see how tomorrow goes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.