Daily Check-in Sat 1-6

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

I'm on my way to work, but hopefully after work it will be PUB for me. Between PLB and CTX Kickbox yesterday my legs are screaming!

Jane: I still have DOMS from PLB....have fun!

Hello to all that follow....have a great day!

Good morning,

Just finished PUB. My shoulders are talkin' to me!

Have a great Saturday everyone, and yes, I had DOMS from PLB too, and I didn't expect that.

I'm running today. I bought DH a membership to the gym for Christmas. Today will be his first time there. We are going together so I'll go on the the TM while he does weights.

Jane, I didn't even realize you could GET a prescription to help with vertigo!!!! My vertigo is brought on by having my head in certain positions so doing things like going to the dentist is very uncomfortable for me. Would a presciption like you have help to PREVENT an episode in a situation like that???

Have a great day!

i'm gearing up for PUB today. My doms from PLB is gone - it wasn't too bad.

It's 66 degrees here, and it's only 9AM! I love that it's warm, but it doesn't seem proper for December. It is better than being in Colorado and getting a 3rd snowstorm! If I was a runner, I'd certainly get out there.

Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt check out new pics posted 12/20

<<<<<<<<Jane, I didn't even realize you could GET a prescription to help with vertigo!!!! My vertigo is brought on by having my head in certain positions so doing things like going to the dentist is very uncomfortable for me. Would a presciption like you have help to PREVENT an episode in a situation like that???>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wendy, I've never used meclizine (generic) or Antivert (by its brand name) as a preventive medication. I only use it when I get into real trouble with vertigo. Usually my episodes are brought on by turning over wrong in bed while I'm still asleep. I couldn't use meclizine on a daily basis anyway, it puts me right to sleep. My doctor believes my vertigo is caused by the fact that I'm deaf in my left ear. I have two totally deaf first cousins so it is genetic. I don't know if I believe this because my first episode of vertigo was in 1999 and I've been deaf since birth. Thank goodness I was born with one good ear. I've been tested and I actually hear better in my right ear than the average person. Nature's way of compensating I guess.

In any event, ask your doctor about meclizine. It sure does zap the vertigo. When I wake up, it is gone.

Hi ladies.

Jane, Thanks for the info. I'll have to ask if there are any meds avail for my situation. It's wierd that you say that about turning over wrong in bed because I used to get REALLY bad spells of vertigo in my sleep to the point where I would hurl myself off the bed in my sleep and wake up screaming until it stopped. I attributed it to sleeping in a "bad" position that would set it off.

Well, the TM run didn't work today because my neck wouldn't allow for it. I eeked out 1 mile and then finished out on the elliptical. It was still a good 30 min cardio work out though. :)

Tomorrow is a rest day.

Have a great night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.