Daily Check In, Monday Dec.17

Conni

Cathlete
Hi ladies,

We need to change our attitudes towards people with dibilating diseases in this country. Be they mental or physical, I have seen firsthand how we as a society treat people like this. Sick people are ignored, left alone, and the families are shunned. Don't tell me that the community will help, blah, blah. I know firsthand it isn't true. When someone is sick friends disappear, churches treat them as liabilities because they can no longer contribute, fiscally or otherwise, and doctors that used to be supportive turn to those that can better reflect their rate of success as opposed to failure. Their employers no longer want anything to do with them- insurance risks, you know.
I understand how the mother of this shooter in Conn. kept it all close to the vest. No one wants to hear about the bad stuff in your life, only the good. And she used her money to keep friends around when otherwise it would not have happened.
Guns are not the issue, the people with the illnesses are, and the way they are treated is the issue.

Enough of my rant...today was steady state cardio - I did Christi's Totally cool Step 2, and pilates.

Last edited:
Hi Conni,

Today I did.... nothing! Can you believe I am sick again!!!!!!! I mean sick. But I am at work. Not sure why. I have to see my naturopath. This is ridiculous. My kids and DH are sick too. The babies we looked after were very sick so....

Conni - I can read your frustration! I am sorry this has been your experience. People have value just 'cos they exist, not because they are healthy, able to produce work and not use up too many health care resources. That is one major piece about the U.S. (and the gun laws) that I simply do not understand. I hope you are having an ok day. I think I told you that my dh's father was sick most of his adult life in Canada. It was very tough on the family. That experience made my DH a very duty oriented, responsible and hard working guy 'cos he had to help out his mom a lot with anything and everything around the house while growing up. I'm sure you son is just as good.

I hope those missing e.g. Annette and Carmen - are having a good day.

Hi Ladies - I'm back home and back in the swing. today I worked out 'ala crossfit - homestyle that is. I warmed up with some jump rope. I did two sets of eight negative pull ups. Trying to build up strength to be able to do one pull up. afterwards I worked out back, chest, shoulders bi and tris with various weights and body weight exercises. I watched the womens crossfit competitions last night. Those women are machines!

Connie -I can hear your frustration with the systems. I am surprised that you mention the church too. The one place I would think you would find your comfort and strength. I'm sending special prayers your way this advent season.

have a restful evening ladies.

Carmen.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.