Daily Check In - Apr 28/06

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning all!

How is everyone on this lovely Friday morning?:)

Last night I mish-moshed. I did SB warm up and Blast Challenge, Rhythmic Step Challenge and SJP hi/lo. It was loads of fun:)

Today is either MIS or a run and core, depending on my SO's schedule.

Have a grand Friday!

Morning Shelley and all to follow. Today was the push ups for GS followed by PH upper body. What is it Cathe is saying when she does the front raises with the plate - something like no digiting? I get what she's talking about( no wild motion) but not what she's saying!

My cat freaked my out this AM. He peed on my mat - right in front of me!!! He always hangs around me when I exercise, so maybe he was feeling left out. I was speechless, he's normally such a good cat!

Shelley, I love your mishmosh!
http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/43886025.gif

Good morning Shelley.... that mish-mosh of yours does sound fun. I am writing that one down.

So glad it is Friday and I have two days off (I know, I know, I just had two weeks off!! LOL). I could get use to this schedule!!

Yesterday I was going to pushmow for cardio but my pushmower wouldn't start!! I refuse to ride the mower so DH can do it today, he's off and not happy I made that decision either:p

I power walked for an hour yesterday and did GS bi's. Today will be a run, GS shoulders/tri's, and abs.

DH is suppose to work on my pushmower today and hopefully get it running so I can pushmow for my cardio next week. That thing is new, just bought it last spring, can't imagine why it won't run!!

ETA - good morning Phyllis... we were posting at the same time.

Hi Girls!!

TGIF!!

Yesterday was CTX shoulders & biceps (which I enjoyed doing the 2 together!!) and 2 walks. A 1/2 hour walk with ds and later in the day 55 min. powerwalk with dd !

Today my hip/butt muscle (sciatic??) is bothering me a bit more and I dont' want to risk it.......so I'll do abs and another walk.
Wait! Reading Jane's post, I remember my grass needs to be cut and that's an hour of pushing so maybe that will count as todays cardio!;-)

We are trying to throw together a last minute weekend camping trip, taking our youngest DD & a friend. So today will be BUSY for me..shopping , cleaning & packing the camper!
I hope we get to go and I hope the weather cooperates!!

Enjoy your Friday everyone !

Goodmorning Shelley. I see you did your mish-mosh. Is your rear delt OK?

Phyllis, I have chronic cat pee problems at my house. Two males who like to spray. Yuck.

Good morning Jane. Our lawn need mowed desperately, especially since the neighbors mowed theirs. That is DH's job though.

Today is a cardio day, but I haven't figured out what yet. Maybe one of Cathe's older workouts like Power Max. Have a great day all to follow.

Hi :)

Shelly it appears that you are in mish mosh cardio mode!

Jane it is great when one activity has two purposes !

Phyllis weekends are always great even after vacaations!

Today is a 6 mile run with friends; we cheer eachother and keep ourselves honest. I will also do CTX biceps. This will be my last week of one body part per day. Next week is goofy for me, and I will aim to get in one or two full body endurance WO's and the rest running.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good Morning Fit Chicks...TGIF!!!!!!:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

I'm going to do IM#2 and abs from MM and HSC.

Shelley: How long does that mish-mosh clock in at?

Phyllis: Great UB workout!

Jane: Enjoy your run!

Becky: You have a lot to do today...have fun camping!

Hello to all that follow...have a great day!

good morning :)

another gorgeous day here that makes me wish i had a babysitter so i could go for a run :(

i skipped my coremax last night b/c i didn't get started working out until way too late. so i did s&h bis and tris and finished that out with the ab section from there. i'll add my coremax segment to today, which should be cardio kicks.

have a great day all!

Hi all.

Yesterday was SS U/B premix, ME abs + 30 mins rebounding.
Today will be SPIN.

It was GORGEOUS out yesterday and should be GORGEOUS again today!
I didn't have time for a walk yesterday...HOPEFULLY I will today.

TGIF Ladies!!!!:+

Good morning everyone!
Today I did PUB - I know I've mentioned before that I hate ab work, and the stability ball pikes in this w/o are the worst! I finally gave up (after just 2) and did regular planks on the floor.

Tomorrow is PLB, and Sunday is a rest day.

Hope everyone enjoys spring this weekend! I finally have lettuce up in my garden, so hopefully this weekend we can enjoy our first home-grown salad!

Tracy

Good morning,

Today is a 45 minute steady state run. I think I'm going to do it outside because the time flies by out there, and it's so nice out today.

Sandra, I'm amazed you still have time to work out, much less do an 80 minute cardio Imax marathon! Great job! Hope your move goes smoothly.

Have a great day everyone!
Pamela

Good morning,

Just have a quick minute here, lots to do at work today!

LL this morning, my legs are FRIED~!

I hope Cathe posts a rotation soon, I am anxious to see what is coming for May.

Have a great weekend,

Saturday - C & W
Sunday - Classic Cardio and coremax 1.

Good Friday!

The rain has finally stopped and the sun is shining so I'm going on a walk/run/jog this morning I need to soak up as much sunshine as I can as it really helps my moods stay up :D so I'm outta the house today
Hope all have a wonderful day :)

Good morning ladies

Shelley...we will have a nice hot day...94 is expected!!

Phyllis...I have never understood the no digiting either...not a very nice kitty today!

Jane..have a good workout today. I won't ride our mower either, but for different reasons I think. I figure if I do ride and mow then my DH wouldn't do it anymore!

Becky..sounds like you have a great weekend planned. I hope it isn't sciatic as those type injuries can be a long time healing. Rest is good...:)

Robin...those older workouts can be so fun. Like your avatar...:)

Enjoy your run Judy...I only run with friends on sunday, but I do look forward to the chatting...:)

Good workout Tammy...I'll be doing MM abs too....

Looks like a good workout Jenn..

We had a gorgeous day yesterday too Wendy...I even got some sun!! Great workout.

Tracy is is really tough to do those dreaded planks after the arm work. I have sometimes done the abs first..

Pamela..enjoy your steady state run

Conni...way to go with LL...it does fry those legs!!

Sandra...I did try that recipe and it was good. I do have another Anasazi recipe if you are interested. Those are my favorite beans. It is from a Southwest cookbook I have. let me know and I'll email it to you...:)

I am doing MM back and abs and a 4 mile run

Have a great friday!!

Daily Check-in

Happy Friday! I was finally able to get back to sleep yesterday morning around 4:00 a.m. I had a dream about Cathe! I woke up and did Boot Camp. It is better to face Cathe in reality than in dreamland. :7 Trust me! I did the second segment of Total Body Stretching last night. Today is my rest day.

Katie, I overlooked your question earlier this week. Cheddar’s is a casual American restaurant. It is nicer than Chili’s or Applebee’s in my opinion. The food is amazing. You can stay on track there or really enjoy a celebration meal. Either way, you will get great food for a reasonable price. An average dinner with a drink (non-alcoholic) and dessert is less than $10.00, and the portion sizes are enormous. This restaurant chain is based in Texas after all! They have clean eating options like grilled chicken, baked potatoes, steamed veggies, salads, etc. They also have chips and queso, Texas cheese fries, fried chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, steak, gourmet burgers, nachos, quesadillas, and all the fattening stuff. Cheddar’s is famous for buttery croissants and a legendary dessert called the Cookie Monster. It is a Texas-size chocolate chip cookie that is cooked in a skillet and topped with premium vanilla ice cream, homemade hot fudge, fresh whipped cream, nuts, and a cherry. The key lime pie is yummy too. The atmosphere is very pleasant with an outdoor patio and live music in the summer. There is more of an emphasis on the food than alcohol, so it has a different “feel” than other restaurants in town even though they do have a bar. The menu items are made from scratch daily without all the additives and chemicals. That is huge for me because I am very sensitive to that junk. I ordered steamed broccoli once, and the waiter brought me a big plate of fresh broccoli steamed to perfection. It was not overcooked at all and had no salt or butter or anything on it. This is the easiest place for me to eat clean away from home. The simple food tastes like home cooking.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Happy Friday, everyone!

Yesterday I successfully completed GS Legs with minimal strain to my shin. The only exercise I did not do was the one where you sit on the floor and flex your toes back against the stability ball. I stopped a few times to relieve tension in the shin, but all is going quite well!

I think today may be cardio. I'll wait to see how things feel when I get home. I'd like to do step, maybe PowerMax, since it doesn't have any high-jump blasts in it. Another option is an old Charlene Prickett low-impact (very low!). We shall see.

RE: Daily Check-in

Good morning everyone. Another beautiful day today. I am going to do KPC and some lying leg work. Have a great day guys and wonderful workouts!

Susan

Carole, thanks for the well wishes. They must have worked because I just finished the most AMAZING run. What a beautiful day! Birds were chirping, butterflies were fluttering, and they were in so many different colors! I ran to a nearby park, ran the walking trail twice, then ran back home. (I'm pretty slow so it was only 3.5 miles, but my hr stayed between 79 - 85% which is "hard comfortable" for me.) I have to admit it was much more invigorating than my treadmill (which I still love for its convenience :)).

What a great day! I'm a little sad today's workout is complete. Is that crazy?

Enjoy your workouts everyone, and happy Friday!
Pamela

Hi!

This morning I did Low Impact Step (I added risers and impact); Total Body Sculpting (used heavier weights); and Total Body Stretching #2.

Shelley - very nice mish mosh today. I may try that some time!

Phyllis - when she says "no digiting", she means make it one smooth motion; don't pause during the motion. Think of an analog clock where the second hand halts at each second (tick, tick, tick). She doesn't want you to do that. I *love* the shoulder routine in PH! "Bam!" and you're done! :) When my cats urinate outside of the litter box, they usually have a kidney/bladder infection. Keep an eye on him. Great upper body workout!!

Jane - good morning!

Becky - camping season!! I love it!

Jenn - thanks for the info regarding the CM premix segments. I have yet to give any of them a try. I too often wish that I had a babysitter, so I could do some outdoor running. Something to look forward to when the kids grow up.

Robin - Powermax! Fun!

Judy - are you seeing results from your one-body-part-a-day rotations?

Tammy - I guesstimate that Shelley's mish mosh clocks in at between 45-50 mins. Great idea to do MM and HSC abs together. They would complement each other very well.

Wendy - g'day! Happy spinning!

Tracy - PUB pikes are brutal, especially right after the upper body weight work. Enjoy your salad!

Pamela - have a great run! Yes, time is certainly tight, but who needs sleep :D My workouts and the tv will be the last thing that gets packed, and the first thing unpacked!! My workout expectations for the upcoming week will be lowered. I'm just taking it one day at a time right now.

Conni - hoo hoo, Leaner Legs. Ouch!

Carole - I wasn't able to find Anasazi beans in my grocery store, so I subbed black beans (which are part of the same family, I believe). I'd love your recipe! I adore any meal that has beans in it.

Vilma - I find the same thing regarding sun exposure. A few minutes of sitting outside can really boost my mood for a day or two.

Shannon - don't you have LowMax? Great intensity; very low impact. Or the KickMax Low-Impact premix?

Heather - I did the second segment of TBS, too. I thin it's my favourite of all of them, because she focuses so much on the lower back and hip area, which are my tight spots.

Susan - happy kicking, punching and crunching!

Time to hit the showers and get the kids dressed. Have a great day!
Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.