Crazy Strong and Loving It for Sunday, May 19, 2009

Hi girls,

I took a very long walk with the dogs today, I wll take another later! The weather is so nice today. I also gonna walk to the store soon, need the extra excerise:p

Have a great day!

Morning! No workout here yet- I realized that I was only getting about 5ish hours of sleep a night and it was killing me! So a few times a week I am going to workout in the afternoons while the kids nap. I prefer mornings but I have to take care of the sleep issue too.

Belinda: You crazy girl, it's Tuesday! Glad you got in a nice walk.

Nora: I just wanted to say hi- you always check in late and didn't want you to think we didn't read your posts. :) Glad you liked KCM- I love her step boxing workouts- never a dread factor, you don't beat yourself up and you burn a ton of calories.

Karen: Why are you going to school? Are you finishing your bachelor's degree?

Roxie: You should pick up a few fitness mags, like Fitness or Shape. They always have a lot of recipes and meal / snack suggestions. I think my latest Fitness had a nice meal plan with tons of snack ideas. It might help give you a jump start.

Time to take DD to school- later!

Today was cardio and I just didn't even want to do it. My hamstrings are still VERY tight. I've been heating/stretching them every night and it doesn't seem to be helping. I did Cardio Coach #6 w/Candace and had to get off my treadmill three times to stretch. My hamstrings got really tight and then my low back started to hurt.

I did all the challenges, but didn't go balls to the wall, until the last challenge and then I only did 2 of the 3 intervals. I had to stop because it was just so uncomfortable.

HR STATS:
56 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
33 minutes in zone
18 minutes above zone
449 calories burned
3 miles travelled

Not bad considering.

Today is "go to work with your hubby" day. I have to help clean some apartments for a big hupla thing going on tomorrow. So I get to take a day off, but probably work harder then I do at my regular job! LMAO!

Hope you all have a great day and I'll talk to you tomorrow!

I think Belinda is on too many meds!!! :eek: :eek:

Good Morning,

Tonite is LIS and then some ab work didn't get that done last nite.

Patti-I do get shape and fitness plus oxygen and muscle and fitness her. What are some of your favorite on the go snacks.

Debbie-hope those hamstrings get better soon.

Belinda-we all loose track of days.

Brkftst-boiled eggs, toast and grapefruit
Am snack-almonds and banana
Lunch-farewell lunch for co-worker so probably meatlovers pizza bosses favorite. I am going to take a salad to eat before lunch.
Pm snack-live active cheese and cucumbers
Supper-spaghetti made with lowfat hamburger.

Everyone have a good day.

Debbie and Patti, ROFLMAO! I am brain dead these day's:p I agree, I am on way to many drugs:eek: LOL! At least I got the date right:eek:

Oh, I forgot to report I walked another mile to the store. I also pan on walking again tonight, when it cools off a little (my lab doesn't like the heat). If I still can walk, I will do some yoga or stretching later.

Debbie hope your hamstrings is feeling better soon. Take it easy, ok! WTG, on CC this morning.

Rockie, have fun with LIC tonight! Good thing I remember who I am:p:eek:

Patti, I could have sworn today is Sunday:p:rolleyes: I have no idea why I thought today is Sunday:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: If I keep this up, I am gonna start wonder about myself, good thing I don't remember it! LOL! Sorry, you didn't get enough sleep, hope you get your workout in this afternoon.

Hi to everyone that follows today!

Hey All!

You are too funny, Belinda! Where the heck did you get SUNDAY?? Your walks sound great today. Our weather is perking up here for the week too. going to make sure I get outside more.

Debbie: That is weird about your hamstrings, even with the heat and stretching. Running is pretty hard on the hamstrings too. Maybe do something else for cardio for a bit?

Patti: 5 hours IS not much for sleep. My sleeps are so messed up too. Because I have to get up twice a night to check my son's blood sugars (he's got Juvenile Diabetes). It's weird, when I do get an entire nights sleep, I end up feeling crappy/drugged/sleepier the next day.

Roxie: You shouldn't have any trouble with calories today! I'll look through my recipes for snack ideas for you today. Have fun with LIS!! Love that one!

Nora: I also read your later posts. just so you know you dn't post in vain! LOL!.. Your workouts are killers every day, I don't know how you keep up with it.

So today, I'm going to do a Premix from KPC w/ abs and then run at the park..

Oh, another recipe for you guys. I made it for the first time last night, and it was sooooo good! I did a side of Jasmine Rice and fresh yellow beans:

Caribbean Chicken with Honey Pineapple Sauce
Serves 4
The National Honey Board

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons pineapple juice
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

Rinse chicken breasts under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Combine
remaining ingredients in small saucepan; heat over medium heat about 5 minutes
or until mixture simmers. Do not boil. Remove sauce from heat and keep warm. Dip
each chicken breast in sauce; place in baking pan coated with nonstick cooking
spray. Bake at 325ºF 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in
center. Spoon sauce over chicken.

150 Calories; 2g Fat; 28g Protein; 2g Carb; 0g Fiber; 68mg Chol; 265mg Sodium

It sucks so much to be back at work today! Augh.

Belinda - you are confusing me with our checkin dates!

Today was Rhythmic Step and I burned 471 calories! It seemed easier than what I remember. I wonder if thats because I did it on the 6 inch step rather than the 8? Hmm.

Chris - that recipe looks yummy! I will be adding that one to my file! Thanks for sharing. :)

Belinda: Too funny that you thought it was Sunday! Hey, no worries. We all found the thread. :) That's great about walking so much- I have found with my GWF that walking and everyday activity really adds up, so keep it up as long as you feel OK!

Karen: I thought that the last time I did RS too- maybe we are just SO FIT now! Ha! But I have noticed that my endurance is better with some of Cathe's step workouts- just not MIC! :p

Chris: Isn't it weird how you get used to broken sleep? I noticed that when DS was a bit younger- he didn't sleep through the night for a looong time and I kind of got used to it. I thought I was getting 6-7 hours but the GWF didn't let me lie to myself about it anymore. :) I think I will feel better with a bit more sleep.

Debbie: Have a nice day with DH! At least it will be activity based work, right??

Roxie: I love the lemon spicy almonds from Trader Joe's. I don't eat a lot of snacks on the go, honestly. I'm home all day with the kids. I eat a pumpkin pie souffle kind of snack and a cottage cheese jello thing in the blender- those are two of my favorites. If you want them, let me know. I would be happy to post. But you have to prep them ahead of time.

Does anyone else have a suggestion on snack options that I can bring to work with me. As of tomarrow I am the only employee hear and I do the billing plus deliveries, along with mastectomy and diabetic shoe fittings so some days I probably won't get a lunch.

Roxie:

Here's a few ideas:

Chocolate Breakfast Cookies

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/4 cups oatmeal
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups dry skim milk
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup applesauce
3 tablespoons cocoa
2 teaspoons splenda

Mix dry ingredients together then add applesauce. Spray cookie sheet. Make
8 large cookies or 16 smaller ones.
Bake at 350 for 15 ~ 20 minutes. (note: mixture will be very stiff)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 175 Calories; 1g Fat (6.7% calories
from fat); 11g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 4mg
Cholesterol; 214mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2
Fruit; 1 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

You could make your own hummus, (or store bought) or dip, and dip healthy crackers or veggies. Or spread it on a whole wheat tortilla and top with lettuce/tomato or sprouts.

hard boiled eggs. (you could make deviled eggs with them too)

bananas and PB

Low-fat vanilla yogurt topped with chopped fresh fruit and a spoonful
of chopped peanuts.

Whole grain crackers and low-fat cheese.

Instant oatmeal mixed with a small amount of dried fruit bits and
slivered almonds.

Peanut butter and jelly on light whole wheat bread.

Apple slices and peanut butter.

Half a turkey sandwich with low-fat mayonnaise.

A small handful of nuts and raisins.

A low-fat granola bar.

A cup of bean soup.

Fun-on-the-Run Snack Mix
Healthy Cooking
Serves 16 (1/2 cup)

2 cups Wheat Chex
2 cups miniature fish-shaped crackers
2 cups pretzel sticks
1 cup salted peanuts
1 cup dried cranberries

In a large bowl, combine the cereal, crackers, pretzels, peanuts and
cranberries. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 cups.

Calories 143 Fat 6g Chol 0mg Sodium 207mg Carb 20g Fiber 2g Protein 4g
Exchange: 1 starch, 1 fat

Oh another thing I've done, and it takes time, but they are sooooo good:

Roasted Chickpeas

Serves 4
prep time: 5 min.
cook time: 50 min.
Easy

Low-fat alternative to nuts.
Store in airtight container.

1 spray cooking spray (olive oil spray preferred)
2 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes

Preheat oven 350.

Lightly coat baking sheet with spray.

Spread peas on sheet and sprinkle with garlic powder and red pepper flakes.

Roast on bottom rack of the oven, shaking pan about every 15 min. or so
until browned and slightly crunchy. About 45 - 50 min. cooking time.
(The chickpeas will be somewhat soft. Cook longer for a desired texture.
Cool before serving. .

HI ladies. I just got done reading the thread and you are all making me hungry! I just got done eating apple slices with almond butter which is one of my new favorite snacks. Actually that was part of my lunch. I also love those new 100 calorie packs of cocoa roasted almonds!

I did DM premix 1 and ab circuits with the medicine ball this morning. That is definitely my favorite segment of ab circuits because I can do it better than any other segment!

Debbie-how did your day with your hubby go?

Patti-I noticed that my weights were too high on my tricep work so I must have fudged when I did the 1 rep max tests. I wasn't going down as low at Cathe was plus my weight was higher than hers so I knew that I needed to redo them. No wonder I never had doms in my triceps. How is your calf doing?

Nora-Even though you are usually the last one to post, I love reading them the next day so keep up the good work!

Karen-how did you do on writing your paper?

Roxie-the Clean Eating magazine has some good snacks in there too and so does Oxygen magazine.

Chris-great recipes! Especially the chocolate breakfast cookies. Those sound delicious! Thanks for the honey chicken one too.

Belinda-how are you feeling?

Well time to get some work done around here. I need to find a good fish recipe because I'm going to Trader Joe's tomorrow and I want to buy some frozen cod. My husband will be out of town so I can eat what I want tomorrow night.

Bev

:)Good evening everyone!:)

See, I'm checking in way earlier than yesterday.:p

here's today's workout:

iTrainSet26C-Circus Circuit iTread-24 min.
Calories burned=295
w.up BPM= 103
Other BPM's= 135,143,148,149,150= 70% to 82% Of my Max Heart rate in the zone. The first 5min warmup=103-135
After that is the rest of the BPM's in the zone the remaining time.

Amy Bento's Kickbox Surge & Core Training= 72 min
Calories burned= 786
I really love that workout, its big on the fun factor. Today was my second time I think doing the entire DVD and I have all of it but one section down pat. So, that's not so bad. THis was really fun and lots of energy, and the music is kickin'.

Have a great evening everyone and great job today ladies!:)

Hugs,

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.