CRAZY STRONG AND LOVING IT FOR MAY 5, 2010

Today was card and I did STS MMA Boxing. A pretty good workout but my HR didn't get up that high with this one. I also did the Core Conditioning at the end.

HR STATS:
50 minutes total
8 minutes below zone
36 minutes in zone
7 minutes above zone
357 calories burned
(Boo!)

Good Morning and Happy Cinco de Mayo! (anyone celebrate?)

Belinda: GS legs is killer! Good job getting through it. Let us know what abs you do. Your birthday yesterday sounded VERY nice! Mine is Friday and I have planned: Cake and going to the movies to see Iron Man 2 (I
5.gif
Robert Downey Jr.!!). ..You are getting Insanity for your birthday?

Debbie: MMA Boxing is fun, but yeah, it's not a huge cardio workout. But the ab work is fun, isn't it?

Great jobs on workouts yesterday, Nora, Roxie , Melissa and Heather!!!

Today is supposed to be Step Blast. I'm going to do part of it, and then head to the park for a run for part deaux! It's soooo flippin nice out today, can not wait to get my endorphin fix!

Good Morning,

Tonite is suppose to be Rhythmic Step but that is another workout with the dread factor but I am going to try it until the challenge. The power hops in Cardio Kicks really irritated my knee so I ended up doing alot of modifying towards the end. Came home from work early yesterday with a sore throat and runny nose and still not feeling the greatest today. Does anyone have a replacement suggestion for HIIT Double Wave Pyramid I don't have that one?

Belinda-good job getting you gs done.

Debbie-good job with the kickboxing you are like me if the cal burn isn't close to 400 I feel like I wasted my time, didn't use to be that way 200 would make me happy. Kelly Coffey Meyer is filming new workouts and one is Olympic wt. lifting.

Chris-enjoy your run.

Belinda - nice job on GS Legs. Hope you enjoyed your birthday!

Chris - I forgot today was Cinco de Mayo so I guess that means I don't celebrate it!!! Sounds like you have a nice birthday planned for Friday. Cake and Robert Downey, Jr...yummy...:cool:

Roxy - Rhythmic Step has a slight dread factor for me, too. Same with LowMax. I don't know what it is. Both seem very slow to me. I feel almost lethargic when I do those two workouts.

Hi to Nora, Heather, Debbie and Jessica. Hope everyone has a great day.

Last night I did Drill Max and tonight DD and I are going down to the track for a run. I'm not much of a runner but I'd like to be so I'm trying to take baby steps.

Be back later for personals (promise!) but just had to check in to lodge my complaint about having to work on GORGEOUS days like today when I'd SO MUCH RATHER be outside running and having a great time. I'm so tortured right now. LOL. I did go to Power this morning but totally wish I had time to run before work since its the absolute PERFECT weather for it but didn't have time. AND I can't go tonight since I have plans with friends (not that I'm complaining about that!). Not gonna lie, I was pretty close to calling in sick today - if only I didn't have this mountain of work to do, I probably would've ;)

I'm feeling your pain, Jessica!

And to make it worse, DH has today off. He's probably sitting out on the deck enjoying the sunshine as we speak.

I'm feeling your pain, Jessica!

And to make it worse, DH has today off. He's probably sitting out on the deck enjoying the sunshine as we speak.

YES - my DH is officially unemployed now and is hopefully doing the very same thing ;)

Since I am not feeling worth a crap I have decided to do a workout with less intensity and thought tonite. My DH is off today but he is in a motel room 6 hrs away.

Hi ladies - just got back from lunchtime weights.

Today was 2 sets of 12 reps:

Upright rows (with dumbbells) - 20's
Alternating bicep curls - 20's
Squats - 80
Alternating plie squats - 40
Incline dumbbell chest press - 30's
Underhand row (dumbbells) - 25's (should have gone up)
Static lunges - 70
Overhead triceps extension - 25

Also added on calves and a set of 21's for biceps just for fun. I may do the first 3 combos of LIC plus abs after work.

Belinda - good job with GS Legs!

Debbie - that is a fun cardio, but not so much cardio I agree.

Melissa - enjoy your run!

Chris - I already know you enjoyed your run.

Jessica - It's gorgeous here too and I am in dire need of a mental health day.

Roxie - maybe do the bootcamp from 4DS or the drills from Drill max?

Hi Nora and Wendy!

I did indeed have a wonderful run at the park! It was so perfect out. 70's, light breeze, brillian sunshine. Gorgeous! It was a little tough for me, just a little. I had to push it at the end, I was tired! Maybe because i did Step Blast, Combos 1 & 2, plus the Challenge, before i went! LOL!. OMG, I was DRIPPING, literally!

Roxie: I have a scratchy throat and runny/sneezy nose too. Ick. I'm sure it's going to turn into something bigger, and I hate it!!. .. Another good sub for HiiT would be Bootcamp from 4DS (OH! Heather already said that!)! or you could do walk/run intervals.

Melissa; NICE job on DrillMax! That is not an easy workout! I was very surprised at how much I got into running when I started a few years ago. I didn't "like" running either. I swear, the first 10 minutes ALWAYS suck, (even now), but once you get past that, you (I) feel so good running! And music (iPod) makes it even more enjoyable to me.

Jessica: Nice workout today (is Power all weights?... it sounds it!). I understand that feeling too. I feel it almost every weekend when the weather is nice and i have to either work or sleep!!!

Heather: NICE weightwork today! You must be getting some big "guns" there, doing 20# biceps!!! :eek: I see some major DOMS in your future ;)

;)Hi girls!;)

Sorry, I didn't make it back last night for personals. I lost my internet connection and wasn't able to get back on, ugh! Anyways, I'm stopping by to check in now.

Here's today's workout:

Insanity- Cardio Core & Balance= 40 Min
Calories burned= 573

KCM-30 Min to Fitness Muscle Definition- Back & Chest= 38 min
Calories burned= 311

Total calories burned= 884;)

Belinda- I hope you had a great birthday! Nice job on GS Legs and abs. I know what you mean it seems the older I get the faster time just escapes me and flies by. Have a great day! You're going to love Insanity, its da bomb!;)

Debbie- Nice workout with STS MMA Boxing and Core conditioning abs at the end. I think the STS Shock Cardio Workouts are designed to be a good workout not a killer calorie burner because it was meant to go with STS weights so you'd need some gas in the tank for that together though that would be a killer calorie burner for sure. I think MMA Boxing is fun, I liked it.
Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Chris- I like the idea of doing part of Step Blast and then doing a nice run, sounds great to me and with great weather you can't beat it. Nice workout on tap, and I know you'll love it and feel great. Thanks for the birthday wishes yesterday.

Roxie- Sorry your feeling sick and sounds like coming down with a cold. Yes, I have a substitute for Cathe's HiiT. Do you have "Turbo Jam- Fat Blaster" that is sort of HiiT and its fun. I think you've mentioned in the past having Chalene Johnson's Turbo Jam. Its the only DVD that the box is pink. Get some rest and take care.;) Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Melissa- Great workout yesterday with Drill Max, that's a serious calorie burner and will definitely make you sweat buckets WTG~!:) Tonight you said your going for a run with your DD, have fun and there is nothing wrong with baby steps. I run too but on a treadmill and I'm no where near being true runner, but its still fun and invigorating to do at my level of fitness. Have great run tonight!:);)

Jessica- Aww, hang in there I don't think we ever fully out grow senioritis when its nice outside, LOL! Its nice to know I'm not the only one like that. Great job on going to Power class, I'm sure that felt great after being away from weights for a while. Have fun with your friends this evening, take care!;)

Heather- Wow! That's some impressive weights you used during your lunch time weights. Man, especially on those squats, Alternating Plie Squats, and Static Lunges. I'm not worthy, I bow to you, bravo! Awesome job today!!!:)
Infact, all of the weights you used are heavier than I usually do, so WTG! And Oh yeah, thanks for the complex, LOL!!!:p

Hi and waves to Wendy!!!;):)

Hugs to everyone be well and have a great evening. See ya all at tomorrow's check in.;)

Hugs!:);)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.