Crazy Strong and Loving It for May 27, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good monring,

Not sure what I will do today:eek: I will take the dogs for a walk soon. Last night I did SM with the ball.

Nora, great job with your workout last night.

Hi to everyone that follows.

I will be back after my workout.
Have a great day and workout

Morning! I did STS Disc 14 Legs today- trisets again. I swear that is the hardest leg workout I have ever done.

Belinda: You inspired me- think I'll do SM today. I need it. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Today was Cardio Fusion premix. (41 minutes) I then added on the waist section of Squeeze. Overall I burned 321 calories. I also squished a centipede mid workout. Lovely! Its weird how I can squish a centipede but cringe when I need to squish a spider? Hmm...

Ok - off to work I go...

Good morning. I just got done doing Disc 29 Plyo legs. Love those leg workouts! And it felt sooo much better with my new floor. Those jump up and off ones weren't quite so bad with some cushioning on the landing!!!!

Patti-you are welcome to come and visit me anytime! I was wishing that I had signed up for the RT so that we could meet. I live in SC but we're actually a suburb of Charlotte.

Time to hit the shower. Have a great day everyone.

Bev

Today was Biceps and Triceps. Straight and drop sets. Had an excellent workout and felt very strong today. I find I want to lift heavier and heavier again. I love the feeling of it. I love to see how far I can push myself.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

1 minute rest between each set.

**Denotes drop set exercise.

BICEPS
Barbell Curls:
60# - 8/8/8/8
***Added one more set this week. Felt VERY strong on these. I haven't curled 60# in quite a while.

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
22's - 10/10/10

Hammer Curls**:
22's - 12/12/12
20's - 8
15's - 8
12's - 10
***Wow, these killed me. After the 3rd set of 12 I did the drop sets without rest.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Barbell Press:
75# - 8/8/8/8
***Added an extra set. These felt awesome and I could have gone heavier.

Weighted Bench Dips:
60# - 10/10/10
***Love this exercise.

Lying Dumbbell Extensions:
22's - 12/12/12
15's - 10
12's - 11
10's - 12
***These burned. 22's was tough and by the 3rd set I almost didn't get to the 12th rep. After the 3rd set I did the drop sets without rest.

That is all....

Good Morning,

Woke up with a headache and stomache, hope these go away before tonite. My workout will be Push Circuit 2 for the last time and then ab burner. I believe today will be another low cal day because I don't feel like eating. Hope everyone has a good day.

Last edited:
Hi Girls!

I did a new workout this morning: Lalofit. Ever hear of it? It's freaking crazy! It's done by a very easy-on-the-eyes Lalo Fuentes. He uses light weights and something called the "Freeze" technique. well , whatever it is, my legs, shoulders , triceps were on fire! I'll see how I feel tomorrow, but seems like something good to add in once a week!

Belinda:eek:oooh sorry to hear about your nose bleeding. Did the doctor tell you to advance your exercise as tolerated? it seems like it could/would bleed during healing for a bit. I just cringe thinking about you having headaches every day from it. ... Funny how our weather is similar half across the world!

Nora: you burned MEGA calories yesterday! You go!!!

Patti: The trisets are killer! Good job getting through it!!!

Karen: Good cardio today! And good bug squishing! When I'm working out, i'm superman, I swear! No fear of bugs or whatever gets in my way! LOL!

Bev: Yay for Plyo legs!! Glad to hear you're enjoying your new floor!

Debbie: THERE'S the big weights! WOW!! Hey, from yesterday, do you have a recipe for that Cashew Butter Chicken Stew? That made me drool just typing it!

Roxie: Oh ugh! Hope you feel better as the day goes on....

Hi ladies,

I think I pushed it today. I did 4DS KB + legs/core. I left the jumps out, let's see how I feel tonight or tomorrow:rolleyes: I needed a good workout, after all that tubing workouts.:eek:

Have a great day Off to the shower.BBL!

Chris - Here it its:

From Oxygen Magazine, March, 2009 issue

2 cups chopped red onion
1 red pepper, sliced into strips
1/2 tsp. black pepper, divided
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1# chicken breast, cubed
1/4 c. fresh curly parsley, chopped
1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and cubed
1 c. frozen lima beans
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 c. cashew butter, unsalted

1. In a large non-stick pan, saute onions, pepper and 1/4 tsp. black pepper for 4 minutes. Add broth, chicken breast and parsley. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer until chicken is cooked through (about 20 minutes) and remove from pan.

2. Add apple, lima beans, salt, cayeene pepper and remaining black pepper to the broth. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and whisk in cashew butter until well blended. Return chicken to pot.

Very easy to make. I didn't take the chicken out for step 2, I just added the apple, lima beans, etc and cooked it altogether. It seems fine and the chicken isn't overcooked.

Makes 8 3/4 c. servings.

188 calories per serving
11 g. fat
14 g. carbs
3 g. sugars
11 g. protein
2 g. iron

Hi girls,

I am back with persoanls:eek: I was busy cleaning my DH shet out, we never did it last week:rolleyes: Took me 2 hours. I am tired.

Patti** nice job getting your leg workout in early this morning. Did you do SM?

Karen** love Cardio Fusion. Nice job! I don’t remember the last time I did that one?

Bev** glad you enjoyed your leg workout with your new flooring.

Debbie** how are you doing? You are lifting some series weights, girl! WTG! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Rockie** hope your stomach and headache goes away by tonight. Sending you healing vibes.

Chris** never heard of it! I will look it up. You gonna have some nice DOMS tomorrow. Great job. I didn’t see any doctor this week, I am tired seeing them. I just wanted to get a good workout in, probably not the smartest idea. I figured I am already bleeding and my head already hurts, WTH! I might as well, hurt from doing something. I noticed we have similar weather.

Hi to everyone that follows. I see you in the moring.

Cashew butter chicken stew

I made that cashew butter chicken stew today for my lunch and it is delicious!!!! I have been wanting to make it but it took me a while to find the cashew butter. It's very filling and I highly recommend it!

Bev

Ha, now I need to make that cashew butter chicken! There is no way I would only eat 3/4 of a cup at a sitting, though. :p

I was looking over the STS cardio suggestions for Meso 2 and well, bleh. She has a lot of those cardio bursts (or whatever they are called) and I don't wanna! So it looks like I'll be doing more of my own thing. Anyone else substitute on those?

Bev: I wish you were going to the RT too! I love the suggestions you've been mentioning, btw. Keep it coming! :)

Chris: I have heard of that! Let me know how you feel tomorrow.

Checking in -

Hi girlies! I did CC 3 today. I couldn't get my chest strap on right (and my husband had just gotten off the TM and his wet chest strap was nearby) so my HRM kept failing. We finally moved his and I redid the warmup. Can't hurt, eh? Nice workout.
Cashew butter can usually be found in the regular grocery store with other nut butters. I've been very surprised at the ingredients that I used to deem "unusual and probably hard to find" are readily accessible in the store. I've been buying lots of healthier things lately and I usually don't have to make more than one stop to find all of my items.
We got our bench/area in the garage cleaned up yesterday. So I'm looking forward to being able to do some heavier weights for chest press, and leg curls/extensions in my future workouts.
Another beautiful day here. Going to go get one of my girls from volleyball camp here in a little bit.
See ya!

Heres another recipe for you girls. I haven't tried this one yet - but it sounds good!

Recipe: Sweet Potato Muffins

Ingredients:

8 oz. sweet potato puree OR 1 whole sweet potato,
2 cups oats,
6 egg whites (1 cup),
1/2 cup splenda,
1 tbsp vanilla,
1 tbsp cinnamon,
1 tbsp pumpkin spice

Microwave one peeled sweet potato for 5 minutes in a bowl

Mash up the sweet potato in a mixing bowl OR use 1/2 cup canned sweet potato puree

Pour in the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and splenda

Blend the mixture for 2 minutes or until smooth (small chunks of sweet potato is fine)

Pour in the oats and mix with a spoon until mixed evenly

Place muffin wrappers in a 12 count tin, spraying them lightly with non-stick spray if desired

Preheat oven at 350 degrees
Scoop 2 tbsp in each muffin tin and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until muffine tops are brown
Nutrition Information:

Total Servings: 12

One Serving = 70 calories, .5g fat, 10.5g carbs, 3g sugar, 3.5g protein

Here are tonites workout stats:

Standard Overhead Press-15lbs/8reps up 3lbs
Single Leg Lunge-15lbs/8reps up 3lbs
Reverse Fly-10lbs/8reps up 2lbs
Arnold Press-12lbs/11reps up 2lbs
Single Leg Dead Lift-12lbs/16reps and then 3 really slow ones
Bent Over Lateral Raise-10lbs/10reps up 2lbs
Frontal Press-12lbs/9reps up 2lbs but down 2 reps
Single Leg Tap Lunges-15lbs/16reps up 3lbs then did 6 slow reps
Lateral Deltoid Raise-8lbs/22reps

35min
20 in the zone
126 min hr
147 max hr
190 cals burned

Then did Ab Burner
10min
3 in the zone
115 min hr
147 max hr
48 cals burned

Eating today was horrible stressed out at work.

Hi Ladies!:)

Here's today's workout:

Jillian Michaels-iFit Lose Wt-Level2, week2, Prgm 1= 30 minutes consisting of power walking and jogging intervals along with incline hill increases up to 10% and up to 6.0 MPH.
Calories burned=384
Distance= 2.18 miles
Bpm's= warm up 88,136,141,147,151,154,cool down.
ranges from 75% to 86%% MHR in zone for approximately 25 min.

Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickboxing- Premix-Absolute Kickboxing includes: warmup, kickbox only, abs, cool down and stretch= 68 minutes
Calories burned= 650

STS Ab Circuits= Med Ball Abs= 10 minutes
Calories burned= 61

That's it for me today!

Great workouts today ladies and yummy recipes too! I haven't done cardio fusion in while, that's a fun one. Keep up with the great workouts;)

Hugs!;)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.