Crazy Strong and Loving It for May 23, 2009

Good morning. I just got done doing 4DS Kickbox and abs. I put my new gym floor down yesterday and it is freaking awesome! I certainly didn't need to work out yesterday because I had to carry all of the rubber tiles up to my workout room and they totaled in weight to 350#. Needless to say I only carried one or two at a time so that meant lots of trips but it was well worth it!

Have a great weekend ladies. I probably won't get to check in much over the weekend since we have company.

Bev

I just did Step Blast and had so much fun! It was a great workout- been a while since I did that one. Major bicep DOMS for me today. :eek:

Bev: Woo hoo on the new floor! Glad your new 1RMs are working better for you.

Hi Belinda!

Off for most of today- Maggie's 4th birthday party is today and this mama has to get a shower and get my guacamole made!

Today was Legs and I really wasn't sure I was going to workout. I got up and my head was pounding. I took 3 ibuprofin and within a half hour (and some coffee) I was good to go and I had a great workout. I didn't want to stop but I have stuff to get done today so I just did what was on my agenda.

Hamstrings are feeling pretty good. A little tight, but not painful.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

45 second rest between each superset.

LEGS
SS #1
Squats:
75# - 10/10/10
superset w/
Elevated Barbell SLDL's:
70# - 10/10/10
***Good superset. Went parallel with the squats.

SS #2
Leg Press Station:
160# - 12/12/12
superset w/
Hamstring Curls:
40# - 12/12/12
***Really light weight for Hamstring Curls but I don't want to push my luck with them right now.

SS #3
Leg Extensions:
75# - 12
85# - 12/12
superset w/
Barbell Calf Raises:
130# - 20/20/20
***I can't seem to go heavy enough with Leg Extensions. They are so easy for me.

That is all....

Going to paint my mom's living room today. It's beautiful outside, we will ride! :cool:

Bev - YOU GO GIRL!!!! :eek:

I just made this recipe this morning. I've never actually had a Fritatta before so I didn't know what to expect. Overall I think its pretty good - I added some feta to the top of mine because I am a feta freak!

Low-Fat Broccoli Fritatta

Ingredients: 2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese, 5 oz. frozen chopped broccoli (thawed), salt, pepper, parsley

1.) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

2.) Spray a 9 inch round baking pan with fat-free non-stick spray

3.) Combine two whole egg whites and four egg whites in a medium bowl

4.) Mix in 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese into the eggs and blend for 2 minutes, or until mixture is foamy

5.) Add in 5 oz. (1/2 package) of thawed broccoli and mix

6.) Sprinkle in salt, pepper, and parsley to taste

7.) Place the fritatta in the center rack of the oven and bake for 30 min - 40 min, until center is fully cooked and top is golden brown

8.) When done, remove fritatta and cut along the edges to remove from pan and place it on a cooling rack

Nutrition Information:

Serving size: 1

Total Servings: 4

Per serving: 118 calories, 2g fat, 8g carbohydrates, 2g sugar, 14g protein

As for my workout - today was cardio and I felt like working out longer than normal. First I did Reebok Step: Intense Moves and burned 359 calories. I haven't done this one in a long time and I forgot how much of a sweatfest it was. Felt great! Then I added on combo 1,2,&3 from KPC and also abs. I burned 221 calories with that - total calories burned 580. I felt wonderful afterwards. :) (after all of the snack attack-ing that happened yesterday... grrr)

Its raining here today so no driveway work this morning - maybe we can finally get the basement done? ha!

Good Morning,

Slept in this am didn't get up until 10 that is not like me. Since I did 20min on the TM tuesday instead of LIS I decided to do the original LIS this am., then I did shape abs.

LIS Stats:
37min
34 in the zone
160 min hr
185 max hr
307 cals burned.

Forgot to turn on hr monitor for abs

Don't know what today will bring so hope the rest of you enjoy your weekend.

Hey Girls..

Just a quick check-in .. I'm off for my pre-work nap shortly.

I did Step Fit this morning... A new to ME, workout. It was ok, kind of easy , but I did end up sweating at the end with the last sequence. A good steddy-eddy longer workout.

Karen: Oh I haven't done Step Reebok:INTENSE MOVES in forever too! It used to be one of my faves! I think I lent it to my brother. I have it on VHS only. It used to kick my butt! ... Yummy recipe! I'm going to copy and paste, since I dn't cook on the weekends. Might try to make it next week! thanks!

Great workouts today girls! Hope you all enjoy the weekend (long for most!)

Hi girls:)

I'm just checking in...
Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Volume 3= 39 min
Distance= 3.04 Miles
Calories burned= 454

BPM's-
W/up= 88
Challenge 1 sprints= 135,141,142,147=75% to 83% Max Heart rate is zone.

Challenge 2 Sprints= 143,145,= 79%, and 80% of MHR in zone.
Steady State 1/REst- 141,148= 78%,83% MHR in zone.

Challenge 3 Sprints= 151,151,151,152,152=82% to 85% of MHR in zone.

Cool Down- 116.
Stretch.

KCM- 30 Minutes to Fitness- Kickboxing-Workout 1 plus core/abs= 44 min
I wore my 1lb each weighted gloves for both the kickboxing workout and the core/abs parts. This was a really fun workout, man the abs are so killer, love this workout!
Calories burned= 451

I felt really good about today's workout. I was a little nervous to do the running with Cardio Coach but did ok. I was able to go up to 5% incline at 7.2 MPH for the Challenge three sprints, that was fun! Phew!!! I don't think I should run everyday because of my knees so I'll try for every other day or something until I find a comfortable middle ground, because I do love Cardio Coach and running I'm finding out.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful and relaxing Saturday! Great workouts ladies, and yummy recipes. I'm hungry now!!!:p

Hugs!

Nora:)

Phew! I just got to sit down again. DH and I have been working outside all day. He was working on the garden while I pulled up some more sod from the driveway project. I put my HRM shortly after I got out there and discovered just now that I burned 658 calories doing that grouling labor. Can't wait to get back out there tomorrow....NOT.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.