Crazy Strong and Loving It for May 21, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning,

I am getting ready to take a walk.

I will be back after my workout.

Have a great day and workout!

Today was Shoulder, Traps and Abs. Had an excellent workout. I love the combo's I came up with.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

45 second rest between each superset.

SHOULDERS/TRAPS
SS #1
Overhead Dumbbell Press:
22's - 8/8/8
superset w/
Barbell Shrugs:
105# - 15/15/15
***Good superset. Got a great burn with the shurgs.

SS #2
Dumbbell Front Raises:
10's - 10/10/10
superset w/
Upright Rows:
45# - 10/10/10
***I realize Upright Rows isn't technically a trap exercise, but they come into play so well I figured it was a good exercise to pair with front raises.

SS #3
Lateral Raise:
10's - 12/12/12
superset w/
Dumbbell Shrugs:
35's - 20/20/20
***I like DB Shrugs because it hits the traps from a different angle. They felt really light, though.

ABS
Oxygen Triset but did four sets:
Hanging Knee Raise - 15/12/10/8
Bench V-Up - 15/12/10/8
Reverse Bench Crunch - 15/12/10/8
***1 minute rest between each triset. Really felt these. Love the last exercise.

That is all....

It's BEAUTIFUL here today! Got my bike out and can't wait to ride to work! :cool:

Good Morning,

Tonite is Burn Interval and for the first time I am looking forward to the cardio factor of this workout because I feel like I am not getting enough, then I will do ab burner.

Belinda-how are you feeling lately?

Debbie-its a gorgeous day here to supose to be 81 yesterday it was 85. Enjoy your bike ride.

Hey Everyone!

I'm heading to the park in a bit for a run.. before it gets too hot! Yes! It's going to be near 90 today!! Since it was 82 yesterday and I STILL had on a sweatshirt, I'm psyched for 90!

Karen: I read about your HRM yesterday. It's weird how much variation they can have. I mean, my HR gets up there on intervals/plyos, and I don't doubt the numbers I see on mine. I compare them at an online website too, and they seem fairly accurate. ... That is AWESOME on your weight loss this month!!!

Debbie: Nice weight work today! It's cool you got some good exercises to focus JUST on the traps. ... It's cool your DH is willing to get down and dirty even though he is a supervisor (and that YOU are willing to help too!). But it's also cool he doesn't have to do it ALL the time either!

Patti: I have not done Circuits in a very long time (over a year maybe??) I've been doing the 3 day split for forever! This is very different for me. Seems like a TON of cardio , but it's good to shake things up. I'm getting used to it, a little! You are using some good heavy weights there for leg/trisets!! I swear, I had to drop from 15# to 12#'s on those one-legged calf raises. those BURNED like crazy!! I can not believe you used such heavy weights!

Roxie: I love the Med ball abs too! I'd been using an 8 lb weight, and just got a Med ball, what a difference!

Nora: I do believe the Plyo Legs got "funner" as Meso 3 went on!.. Great workouts yesterday!!

Good morning everyone. I did LIC premix this morning and boy do my legs hurt after that plyo legs workout yesterday!!!!! I got on to report in yesterday and the website must have been down.

Debbie-I think it's very sweet that you helped your husband do all that work the other day! Great weight workout as usual.

Nora-I am in awe that you have the Amy Bento Kickbox Surge down. I pretty much sucked at it the first time that I did it!

Roxie-I love medicine ball abs too and I swear that I have noticed a difference in my obliques since I started doing it.

Chris-enjoy your run. Where do you live?

Patti-are you getting excited for the RT? Be sure to try to get in the front of any classes because it's VERY hard to hear Cathe in the gym!

Have a great day. I'm cleaning all day and then mowing the lawn because we have company coming for the races this weekend in Charlotte.

Bev

This morning I decided on 4DS LIS/HIS Cardio Premix. I was sweating bullets by the time I got done. I did it on the 8 inch step and I could definitely feel the difference in difficulty! I don't have a accurate calorie burn for today though because I forgot to hit the Start button on the HRM. Grrr... Tonight we will be digging up more sod on the other side of the driveway. We are trying to prepare ourselves for the pavers we will have to put in this weekend...lovely.

Chris - My HR gets up there too on my HRM. Usually I'm in the 150/160's and if I'm really huffing in the 170's. Who knows. I should get like 3 more HRM's and wear them all at the same time to see how they all read out. :) Thanks for the encouragement on the weight loss. :)

Debbie - How was your bike ride? Oh, and are you still looking to create another summer rotation? I hate to ask with all that has been going on in your life recently. Its no biggie if you don't though - the one from last year will do for me after sts otherwise. :)

Here are my eats for today:

Brkfst-bear naked vanilla granola with almonds and grapefruit
Am snack-yoplait strawberry shortcake and banana
Lunch-turkey ham rollups, carrots
PM snack-cucumbers, cheese stick, and watermelon
Supper-Arbys grilled chicken salad

Debbie - How was your bike ride? Oh, and are you still looking to create another summer rotation? I hate to ask with all that has been going on in your life recently. Its no biggie if you don't though - the one from last year will do for me after sts otherwise. :)

My bike ride was awesome. Now I can't wait to go home. And I think I'll take the long way! :)

I will still be doing up a get ready for summer rotation. I'll get it done this weekend or at least in time for June 1st.

I am so tired today. I need to go home and sleep for like 24 hours!

MEALS FOR TODAY:

Low cal day again.

M1: On whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Turkey patty on 1 slice whole wheat bread w/avacado & thin slice provolone; Kiwi
M5: Cottage cheese w/2 tbsp. low sugar strawberry jam (much better then the salsa but still hate cc!)
M6: Parmesan talapia; salad w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1607 calories
55 g. fat - 31%
146 g. protein - 36%
140 g. carbs - 35%

I need to find something else other then salmon or talapia. Getting tired of that.

Hi girls

I walked close to 5 miles today!:p Have to do yoga another day, hah! I am beat today:rolleyes:

Debbie** glad you doing ok! You are still in my thoughts and prayer. My EZ bar weights a little more than 1 lb. Hope your DH finds a good cleaning company really soon, that’s sucks! Very cool you helped your DH clean. WTG, on eating clean. You workout today looks tough. Glad your had an awesome bike ride today. My DH is into bike riding, he is ordering all kinds of stuff for his new bike. LOL!

Patti** I had trouble getting on Cathe’s site too! High fives, to you and your husband making it through disc 14.

Rockie** nice workout yesterday. Thanks for asking, my left nostril is getting stuffed again. I think it has something to do with my ear infection this time, still got one. Enjoy Burn Interval tonight!

Nora** glad you had time to check in early yesterday. As always, great workouts!

Chris** enjoy your run at the park today.

Bev** hope you enjoyed LIC premix this morning. Have fun cleaning all day andmowing the lawn.

Hi to everyoen that checks in after me!

Aloha, ladies!
Checking in -

Missed everyone while I was gone. Hope you are enjoying the beginning of summer. It's actually been in the 80's here at home - starting to have buyer's remorse...(why did we spend $$$$$$$ when the weather was nice here?!!??!?) Ah, well. Good times.
My eating was pretty okay while we were gone. And we did some hiking and I got in a couple of Cardio Coach sessions.
I did CC again this morning. I was planning on coordinating my own workouts, when, lo and behold, I see Debbie is whipping something up as we speak. Let's just mooch off her! Everyone up for more?
What's it gonna be, Debbie? Endurance? I see you're starting to like those. Heavy lifting? Always nice. Can't wait!
Hope everyone has a great day!

Here are tonites stats:

Burn Interval
47min
40 in the zone
153 avg hr
183 max hr
362 cals burned

Ab Burner
10min
5 in the zone
125 min hr
152 max hr
57 cals burned

Good afternoon Ladies:)

Here's today's workout:

Walked my dog (GS) named Vader on a walk. Walked at a pace approx. 4.5 mph pace.
Distance= 30 minutes
Calories burned= 145

Kimberly Spreen's- Cardio Combat Surge (I didn't do the fusion stretch)= 75 min.
Calories burned= 768
I did use med ball and 8lb weighted bar. Fun workout and the use of the weighted bar and med ball intervals and kickboxing segments make for a fun and varied workout and increase the intensity. I like this workout!

As usual Ladies another great workout day for all of you I see. WTG on the workouts today!! Bravo!!! Keep up the great work.

Hugs!:)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.