Crazy Strong and Loving It for May 20, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I am getting ready for a long walk.

I will be back later for personals!

Have a great day and workout everyone!

Hi girls,

I walked 4 miles. I also did Cathe’s “Total Body Sculpting”, I did 20 min. LB + 20 min. UB! It was tough doing the UB and LB with the red tubing, that sucker is tough! LOL! Maybe I am getting weaker, lol????

I will be back for personals!

Today was Bicep/Tricep supersets. Had an excellent workout. Love doing this workout!

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

45 seconds between each set except for last exercise.

BICEPS/TRICEPS
SS #1
EZ Barbell Preacher Curl:
50# - 8/8/8
superset w/
Close Grip Barbell Press:
80# - 8/8/8
***Loved this one. Could go heavy and by the last set I was pushing the last two reps.

SS #2
Hammer Curls w/Twist:
20's - 10/10/10
superset w/
Lying Barbell Extensions:
45# - 10/10/10
***Again, good weights for these reps.

SS #3
Reverse Dumbbell Curls:
15's - 12/12/12
superset w/
Weighted Bench Dips:
55# - 12/12/12
***Another good superset. Triceps really felt this one.

Concentration Curls:
20# - 10 reps each arm
15# - 15 reps each arm
12# - 20 reps each arm
***Took a 30 second rest between each set. My peak is not as defined so I know this exercise makes that pop. Want to add them in when I can.

That is all....

Good Morning Everyone!

Today was the last Plyo legs of Meso 3. yikes. I did pretty good - but those one legged squat thrusts get me. Like Cathe - I have a weaker side... I did burn 327 calories. YAY! I don't know why I'm always excited about my calorie burns, even when they are low I am excited because I envision one of my meals being burned off. :)

This is weird - I haven't been eating very clean these last 2 weeks and have still managed to drop in weight. My only explanation is the heavy lifting?? Hmm...

What does everyone have planned for today?

Belinda - Great work with TBS!

Bev & Patti - Things went well working with DH yesterday. I worked for 12 hours cleaning apartments. Last night my back hurt, my knees hurt, my arms hurt, my hamstrings hurt. Not a fun job and I give anyone who does that for a living a huge kudos! I will never wonder why my hubby is so tired when he gets home from work ever again. He does some backbreaking work there. Today the "big boys" are there to check the place out. So far so good...

Hey Girls!

I did HSC a bit ago, it was VERY tough! I'm just not used to all this cardio, plus the "low-ends" and tacked on band work, and endless reps! :eek: woo hoo .... my body is talking to me!

I thought about you Belinda, doing that band work! It's tough when it's endless!!!!! You are NOT weak!!!

Karen: Okay, I hate you! (for losing weight and not eating clean!!!). I had NO weight loss during STS. I did not eat clean. Same ol same ol of eating "crap" on the weekends when I'm working overnights and can't sleep. Seriously, good for you!!!! And WOW, I burned WAY more calories in those plyo workouts! What kind of HRM do you have?

Debbie: Great weight work today! I like bicep and tricep work the best I think. Holy crap on all that cleaning yesterday! That is one physical job. your DH does this every day????

Going to get some groceries done, and have to prepare a picnic supper for my son's baseball game tonight... so off I go!

Debbie: Great weight work today! I like bicep and tricep work the best I think. Holy crap on all that cleaning yesterday! That is one physical job. your DH does this every day????

Hi Chris! My dh is a maintenance supervisor so he doesn't usually clean but when he has to he does. He does building maintenance, takes care of a HUGE outdoor pool, fixes all the problems 250 residences may have in their units, etc. Usually he has an outside cleaning firm do the cleaning but he hasn't been able to find a good company to deal with. :confused:

Chris - I've got the Nike Imura (?) HRM. I got sick of my wrist HRM that I had to keep checking 20 million times throughout my WO. I like this one because the strap transmits all that information right to the wrist thingy. It is probably alot more accurate than the thing I had previously. The only sad thing is - my calorie burns aren't as high with this one. Oh, and I did clean up my eating quite a bit during STS - but there was alot of bad things I ate through it as well. As of today I lost 8lbs. It might not be much for a 3 month stint - but I'll take it!

Good Morning,

Did anyone else have problems getting on the website this am. Didn't workout last nite DH came home and we returned the wine fridge I bought and got another one then we played pool. He is leaving again tonite so I will do Push Circuit 2 and then walk on the TM for 30min. or maybe go outside. Bought STS ab circuit on ebay and got it today so I want to do the med ball abs.

Meals:
Brkfst-boiled egg, toast and grapefruit
AM snack-cantaloupe and almonds
Lunch-chicken salad sand made with light mayo, whole wheat bread and carrots
PM snack-cheese and grapes
Supper-undecided since its just me

Hi girls,

Chris, I guess I was lost yesterday. I did get the date right today, right? The weather was so nice this morning, this afternoon it was cloudy. Now it’s evening and it’s sunny outside. Our weather is crazy. Cathe’s red tubing is tough, that sucker doesn’t stretch! Nice job with HSC today.

Patti** hope you got some sleep last night. I don’t sleep much either. I think all my meds are keeping me up now. Thanks for sharing you recipes. I will copy them. I am trying to build up my workouts, hope it doesn’t backfire on me. I will walk as much as I can, so I don’t feel so winded when I start running again. That’s gonna be fun!

Bev** thanks for asking. I have a giant headache every day, not sure if the Cortisone is causing it? I feel like I have a constant cold, my left nostril still gets stuffed. I am not 100% there yet, I hope soon. I love almond butter, I have to watch that stuff. I eat to much! I agree on ab circuits with the med ball, love that one. I probably have to redo all my 1RM again. I always go to www.foodtv.com to find new fish recipes. They have some good ones!

Nora**like always great workout, girl. I need to check Amy Bento's Kickbox Surge & Core Training out. Enjoy your workouts tonight!

Debbie** how are you doing? your workout looks awesome, girl! I just realized you have an EZ Barbell,do you have any idea how much they weigh? DH bought a Weider for me on my b-day, but I couldn’t find anything on the box? That’s a lot of cleaning! Sorry, you are hurting today, poor thing! Your husband does this every day? Huge kudos to you and your DH .Take it easy on that hamstring!

Karen** you have no idea how much I just want to go ahead and start STS. Great workout today. Great job with the weight.

Rockie** LOL!Yes, all afternoon I had trouble getting on Cathe’s website. Glad I wan’t the only one! Nice job on your workout today.

I will be back tomorrow! Good night!

Debbie** how are you doing? your workout looks awesome, girl! I just realized you have an EZ Barbell,do you have any idea how much they weigh? DH bought a Weider for me on my b-day, but I couldn’t find anything on the box? That’s a lot of cleaning! Sorry, you are hurting today, poor thing! Your husband does this every day? Huge kudos to you and your DH .Take it easy on that hamstring!

I'm doing ok, thanks Belinda. I never count my EZ bar when I put the weight down, it is very light, like maybe 1#. Its not a solid bar. No, my husband is the maintenance supervisor so he doesn't clean, usually a cleaning service comes in and does this but he can't find a good company to clean right now. So he was stuck doing it with his crew. I just volunteered to help them.

Hi everyone! I couldn't get on this morning either Roxie.

Jeff and I did STS Disc 14 Legs this morning! OMG the trisets! We about passed out. I already know I'm going to have DOMS. :)

Chris: LOVE HSC but I agree, it's a lot of work! I miss my circuits and will probably dig them out for a few weeks once I'm done with STS. Um, unless I change my mind between now and then. :)

Karen: Good for you on 8 pounds! I love Plyo Legs- did it a few times in Meso 1 on days I couldn't be still. I think I may leave it alone in Meso 2. :D

Belinda: Good for you on getting that workout done with tubing!

Sorry for the quick check in but gotta run. Later girls!

OK, here's the breakdown of the workout today. You all remember trisets??

Trisets- do each triset with 10 seconds between each exercise. Rest one minute, repeat triset, rest one minute and repeat triset AGAIN. 10 reps of each exercise. Everything was with dumbbells except for the deadlifts on the platform. I am just listing total weight since I wore a vest for some of it.

Squats- 60#
One Leg Elevated Lunges- 35#
**DH kept falling over
Deadlifts Wide Stance- 65#

Static Lunge- 50#
**I need to go heavier here
Plie Squats Alternating Hand- 45#
**My favorite leg exercise- need to go heavier
One Leg Slide Back Lunges with paper plate- 35#
**Thought these would be easy but OMG they were the WORST

Stiff Legged Deadlift on Platform- 90#
Side Slide Lunges with paper plate- 20#
Squats Narrow Stance- 60#

One Legged Calf Raises-endless reps- started with 40#, down to 35#, down to 30#

Believe it or not, my foods have been excellent lately. Even yesterday when I was working with dh I brought all my foods in except for dinner. I figure I could get a Subway sub and still be ok. So that's what I did. And even when I was down at my dad's for his wake I brought all my foods with me and then just ate what one of my sister-in-laws made for dinner. So I'm pretty proud of myself. It's been a long time since I've eaten like this. Feels good.

MEALS FOR TODAY:

Today was suppose to be a high day, but with having Subway yesterday I didn't want to do that. So today was a low calorie day.

M1: On whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Turkey patty on 1 slice whole wheat bread w/avacado & thin slice provolone
M5: Cottage cheese w/2 tbsp. low sugar strawberry jam (much better then the salsa but still hate cc!)
M6: Parmesan talapia; salad w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1561 calories
54.5 g. fat - 31%
145 g. protein - 37%
129 g. carbs - 33%

Patti - Nice workout!

Just finished my workout and I did the med ball abs from sts holy cow this has become my favorite ab workout.

Push Circuit
Standard Overhead Press 12lbs/8reps
Single Leg Lunge 12lbs/16reps
Reverse Fly 8lbs/8reps
Arnold Press 10lbs/11reps
Single Leg Deadlift 10lbs/16reps 8 each leg
Bent Over Lateral Raise 8lbs/8reps still hurt my back don't know what I am doing wrong.
Frontal Press 10lbs/11reps
Single Leg Tap Lunges 12lbs/22reps
Lateral Deltoid Raise 8lbs/22reps

35min
22min in the zone
127 min hr
156 max hr
193cals burned

TM
20min
15 in the zone
133 min hr
157 max hr
121cals burned

Med Ball Abs
9min
5 in the zone
135 min hr
178 max hr
60 cals burned.

Good Afternoon Ladies!:D

Yep, its true, no your not seeing things. I'm checking in early today! Whoo hooo!

Here's today;s workout:

KCM's 30 Minutes to Kickboxing- Workout#1 Plus core/abs=44 min total.
I did this with my 1lb each weighted gloves and it was so much fun and definitely got the heart rate up. The abs section is killer, love this!
Calories burned=451

STS, Meso 3, Week 4, Disc#35 Plyo Legs- 49 min
Calories burned= 381

This was really fun workout and sort of sad to have just one workout left. I still have some knee inflamation in both knees so I've had to wear knee braces while working out for extra support and knee stability. So, I've had to modify where I can in the Plyo Leg disc workouts. I've had to skip Plyo air jacks and Tuck jumps as they hurt my knees. Other than that its been very fun and challenging. Great stuff Cathe, STS Rocks!!!

Wow, you ladies are awesome & inspiring with the workouts you do
everyday. Well done ladies, and keep up the great job!

Hugs to everyone!;)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.