Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR MARCH 9, 2011

This is a discussion on CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR MARCH 9, 2011 within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Good morning, I will do D23 Legs today! I have one more disc left in M2 Recovery week next week, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 01:01 AM
DeCathelete
bayerngirl's Profile Fields

Cool CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR MARCH 9, 2011

Good morning,

I will do D23 Legs today! I have one more disc left in M2 Recovery week next week, looking forward to it

I have a dental appointment this afternoon

Happy Hump Day, everyone! BBL!
Old 03-09-2011, 03:48 AM
DeCathelete
bayerngirl's Profile Fields

I am done with D23 and SM#1!

Need to get ready for my appointment, bbl!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:17 AM
Cathlete
Fitnessfreakk366's Profile Fields

Another excellent full body workout. This one was really tough. I was really sweating by the time I was done. I only have one more total body workout before my recovery week. Looking forward to it. I think I'm going to do this rotation again after my recovery.

Did 3 sets/8 reps with each superset. 1 minute rest between each set.

SS #1
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 22's (no increase)
ss w/
Leg Press Station - 220# (up 20#)

SS #2
Stiff Leg Deads - 90# (up 5#)
ss w/
Barbell Military Press - 55# (up 5#)

SS #3
Incline Dumbbell Press - 37's (up 2#)
ss w/
Barbell Rows - 80# (up 5#)

Need to stretch. I did a little bit afterwards but not like I did the week before. Tomorrow I'm planning on yoga.
-::- ((.*

"Nothing that matters comes easy, Nothing that comes easy ever really matters..."

Ride on...
Old 03-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Cathlete

So last night I started the total body rotation again. My plan is to do weeks 1-4 twice through. I am going to do 2 days as total body with added leg exercises as this worked out better for me the last time and one day that is upper only.

Last night was 3x5 done as straight sets:

Push ups (warm up) - 24
Chest flye into press - 25's (did this as I had no spotter & couldn't go too heavy)
Underhand barbell row - 80# (should have gone up a little)
Squats - 65/75/75 (did with barbell and this felt really light compared to when I use DBs - weird. Should have gone heavier but first time I've done with BB at gym so I was nervous)
Stiff legged deadlifts - 55# barbell
Hammer curls - 20's
Double-arm overhead triceps extension - 30
Static lunges - 50 (used 2 25# DBs)
Upright (DB) rows - 20's

I had started with 10 on elliptical and finished with about 13 more. I also did some ab work. Not a bad workout, but I think I should have pushed more with legs.

Chris - So glad you're finally feeling better!

Roxie - that looks like it was a pretty good workout to me.

Debbie - you go girl with those weights!

Belinda - have fun at the dentist

Nora - nice workout last night.

Jessica - I already know you got in a sweat fest this morning.

http://wheres-the-beach.blogspot.com/
Old 03-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Cathlete
Roxie 1965's Profile Fields

Good Morning,

Tonite is GS Back, Bis, and Shoulders and I think its going to be hard because my chest and tris with some shoulder and still hurting from Monday. Then I am going to do STS Abs no equipment. I thought I would repost this question, do you guys consider BM2 a circuit type workout?

Belinda-good job with your workout.

Debbie-awesome wts.

Heather-sounds like you got a good workout in and good job getting those abs done.

Jess-that class sounded like alot of fun and helpful.

Last edited by Roxie 1965; 03-09-2011 at 08:10 AM..
Old 03-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Cathlete

Roxie - not sure if it'd be totally considered a circuit b/c you do the step workout first. It's been ages since I've done the whole thing though. Are those blasts done in between the weight segments? Or do you do those right after the long step workout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie 1965 View Post
Good Morning,

Tonite is GS Back, Bis, and Shoulders and I think its going to be hard because my chest and tris with some shoulder and still hurting from Monday. Then I am going to do STS Abs no equipment. I thought I would repost this question, do you guys consider BM2 a circuit type workout?

Belinda-good job with your workout.

Debbie-awesome wts.

Heather-sounds like you got a good workout in and good job getting those abs done.

Jess-that class sounded like alot of fun and helpful.

http://wheres-the-beach.blogspot.com/
Old 03-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Cathlete

Ladies! Made it to a VERY hard but very awesome spin class today. I was literally exausted by the time I was done and am seriously STILL tired from it! Love when that happens

Chris - SO glad you are starting to feel better! What a long time you were down for the count huh? The worst!

Roxie - I don't think I saw if you tried Core Fusion at home yet? I am behind on forum posts so I might have missed it?

Nora - rockin' workouts as usual!!

Heather/Debbie - I already asked Heather this in email but I want to ask Debbie too, do you think it would be overkill if I tried the 12 wk rotation you two are doing, plus Core Fusion classes (since it's now a must on my list, I am so in love), plus running/spinning? Is that TOO spread thin or doable?? I just want to make sure I'm working hard at the right things but not doing so much that I can't make an impact in any one area. Does that make sense? I was saying to Heather that I get great "leaning" effect out of Core Fusion since its mostly body weight based but still so very effective that I wonder if adding a weight rotation will confuse things or not.

Long way of saying, any advice??

I'm a fitness blogging fiend:
http://eatdrinkbreathesweat.wordpress.com/
Old 03-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsutera View Post
Ladies! Made it to a VERY hard but very awesome spin class today. I was literally exausted by the time I was done and am seriously STILL tired from it! Love when that happens

Chris - SO glad you are starting to feel better! What a long time you were down for the count huh? The worst!

Roxie - I don't think I saw if you tried Core Fusion at home yet? I am behind on forum posts so I might have missed it?

Nora - rockin' workouts as usual!!

Heather/Debbie - I already asked Heather this in email but I want to ask Debbie too, do you think it would be overkill if I tried the 12 wk rotation you two are doing, plus Core Fusion classes (since it's now a must on my list, I am so in love), plus running/spinning? Is that TOO spread thin or doable?? I just want to make sure I'm working hard at the right things but not doing so much that I can't make an impact in any one area. Does that make sense? I was saying to Heather that I get great "leaning" effect out of Core Fusion since its mostly body weight based but still so very effective that I wonder if adding a weight rotation will confuse things or not.

Long way of saying, any advice??
Jess-I haven't tried Core Fusion yet I like you haven't figured out where to fit it in this month.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Cathlete

I am just so excited I just ordered STS Total Body, High Reps and Cardio Core Circuit.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie 1965 View Post
I am just so excited I just ordered STS Total Body, High Reps and Cardio Core Circuit.
I LOVE STS Total Body and High Reps!!!

And also - lemme know when you do try Core Fusion, its totally worth it.

I'm a fitness blogging fiend:
http://eatdrinkbreathesweat.wordpress.com/