CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR MARCH 9, 2011

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I will do D23 Legs today! I have one more disc left in M2:) Recovery week next week, looking forward to it;)

I have a dental appointment this afternoon:confused:

Happy Hump Day, everyone! BBL!

Another excellent full body workout. This one was really tough. I was really sweating by the time I was done. I only have one more total body workout before my recovery week. Looking forward to it. I think I'm going to do this rotation again after my recovery.

Did 3 sets/8 reps with each superset. 1 minute rest between each set.

SS #1
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 22's (no increase)
ss w/
Leg Press Station - 220# (up 20#)

SS #2
Stiff Leg Deads - 90# (up 5#)
ss w/
Barbell Military Press - 55# (up 5#)

SS #3
Incline Dumbbell Press - 37's (up 2#)
ss w/
Barbell Rows - 80# (up 5#)

Need to stretch. I did a little bit afterwards but not like I did the week before. Tomorrow I'm planning on yoga.

So last night I started the total body rotation again. My plan is to do weeks 1-4 twice through. I am going to do 2 days as total body with added leg exercises as this worked out better for me the last time and one day that is upper only.

Last night was 3x5 done as straight sets:

Push ups (warm up) - 24
Chest flye into press - 25's (did this as I had no spotter & couldn't go too heavy)
Underhand barbell row - 80# (should have gone up a little)
Squats - 65/75/75 (did with barbell and this felt really light compared to when I use DBs - weird. Should have gone heavier but first time I've done with BB at gym so I was nervous)
Stiff legged deadlifts - 55# barbell
Hammer curls - 20's
Double-arm overhead triceps extension - 30
Static lunges - 50 (used 2 25# DBs)
Upright (DB) rows - 20's

I had started with 10 on elliptical and finished with about 13 more. I also did some ab work. Not a bad workout, but I think I should have pushed more with legs.

Chris - So glad you're finally feeling better!

Roxie - that looks like it was a pretty good workout to me.

Debbie - you go girl with those weights!

Belinda - have fun at the dentist :eek:

Nora - nice workout last night.

Jessica - I already know you got in a sweat fest this morning. :p

Good Morning,

Tonite is GS Back, Bis, and Shoulders and I think its going to be hard because my chest and tris with some shoulder and still hurting from Monday. Then I am going to do STS Abs no equipment. I thought I would repost this question, do you guys consider BM2 a circuit type workout?

Belinda-good job with your workout.

Debbie-awesome wts.

Heather-sounds like you got a good workout in and good job getting those abs done.

Jess-that class sounded like alot of fun and helpful.

Last edited:
Roxie - not sure if it'd be totally considered a circuit b/c you do the step workout first. It's been ages since I've done the whole thing though. Are those blasts done in between the weight segments? Or do you do those right after the long step workout?

Good Morning,

Tonite is GS Back, Bis, and Shoulders and I think its going to be hard because my chest and tris with some shoulder and still hurting from Monday. Then I am going to do STS Abs no equipment. I thought I would repost this question, do you guys consider BM2 a circuit type workout?

Belinda-good job with your workout.

Debbie-awesome wts.

Heather-sounds like you got a good workout in and good job getting those abs done.

Jess-that class sounded like alot of fun and helpful.

Ladies! Made it to a VERY hard but very awesome spin class today. I was literally exausted by the time I was done and am seriously STILL tired from it! Love when that happens :)

Chris - SO glad you are starting to feel better! What a long time you were down for the count huh? The worst!

Roxie - I don't think I saw if you tried Core Fusion at home yet? I am behind on forum posts so I might have missed it?

Nora - rockin' workouts as usual!!

Heather/Debbie - I already asked Heather this in email but I want to ask Debbie too, do you think it would be overkill if I tried the 12 wk rotation you two are doing, plus Core Fusion classes (since it's now a must on my list, I am so in love), plus running/spinning? Is that TOO spread thin or doable?? I just want to make sure I'm working hard at the right things but not doing so much that I can't make an impact in any one area. Does that make sense? I was saying to Heather that I get great "leaning" effect out of Core Fusion since its mostly body weight based but still so very effective that I wonder if adding a weight rotation will confuse things or not.

Long way of saying, any advice??

Ladies! Made it to a VERY hard but very awesome spin class today. I was literally exausted by the time I was done and am seriously STILL tired from it! Love when that happens :)

Chris - SO glad you are starting to feel better! What a long time you were down for the count huh? The worst!

Roxie - I don't think I saw if you tried Core Fusion at home yet? I am behind on forum posts so I might have missed it?

Nora - rockin' workouts as usual!!

Heather/Debbie - I already asked Heather this in email but I want to ask Debbie too, do you think it would be overkill if I tried the 12 wk rotation you two are doing, plus Core Fusion classes (since it's now a must on my list, I am so in love), plus running/spinning? Is that TOO spread thin or doable?? I just want to make sure I'm working hard at the right things but not doing so much that I can't make an impact in any one area. Does that make sense? I was saying to Heather that I get great "leaning" effect out of Core Fusion since its mostly body weight based but still so very effective that I wonder if adding a weight rotation will confuse things or not.

Long way of saying, any advice??

Jess-I haven't tried Core Fusion yet I like you haven't figured out where to fit it in this month.

I'm sorry about not doing personals lately. It has been absolutely crazy here at work, but I did want to answer Jess. (So see, I'm still reading! Just no time to respond.)

Jess - Please give me an example of your week. Are you doing weights and cardio all in one day? Give me a breakdown of how you are working out. Sounds a bit much to me, but I'll check it over for you.

I'm sorry about not doing personals lately. It has been absolutely crazy here at work, but I did want to answer Jess. (So see, I'm still reading! Just no time to respond.)

Jess - Please give me an example of your week. Are you doing weights and cardio all in one day? Give me a breakdown of how you are working out. Sounds a bit much to me, but I'll check it over for you.

You're the best!

Right now, my week looks something like this:
Sunday - cardio (usually a run)
Monday - Core Fusion (which incorporates body weight moves, light handweights only), sometimes I'll also do some cardio if I have time at night
Tuesday - Core Fusion
Wednesday - Spinning or other cardio workout
Thursday - Core Fusion in AM; Kickboxing at night
Friday - usually rest
Saturday - cardio, usually a run, sometimes core fusion as well

That's lately anyway. I've been really focused on CF for the core work but for how immensely impressed I've been with how its worked my total body, esp glutes, thighs, even upper body with all the planks and push-ups and stuff.

Was thinking maybe I could work in two weight workouts a week and use CF as a third/fourth "weight" workout since it's not your typical weight workout, if that makes sense. Then throw in a few days of just cardio and then 1-2 days where I'd do weights or CF and cardio.

Does that make any sense??

You're the best!

Right now, my week looks something like this:
Sunday - cardio (usually a run)
Monday - Core Fusion (which incorporates body weight moves, light handweights only), sometimes I'll also do some cardio if I have time at night
Tuesday - Core Fusion
Wednesday - Spinning or other cardio workout
Thursday - Core Fusion in AM; Kickboxing at night
Friday - usually rest
Saturday - cardio, usually a run, sometimes core fusion as well

That's lately anyway. I've been really focused on CF for the core work but for how immensely impressed I've been with how its worked my total body, esp glutes, thighs, even upper body with all the planks and push-ups and stuff.

Was thinking maybe I could work in two weight workouts a week and use CF as a third/fourth "weight" workout since it's not your typical weight workout, if that makes sense. Then throw in a few days of just cardio and then 1-2 days where I'd do weights or CF and cardio.

Does that make any sense??

Yes, this is definitely overtraining if you do all this plus add in two days of the total body workouts. So core fusion is just for the core? Is there cardio in it? I won't be back in here until tomorrow, but if you can answer this tonight, I'll copy it into our thread tomorrow. I just need to get an idea of how core fusion is, does your HR get up high or is it a moderate type workout?

;)Hi girls!;)

I just finished the last part of my workout which was Core Fusion and it was awesome!!! I love that it has 5- 10 min sections so it can accomodate your time allocations and is flexible that way.

Here's Today's Workout:

P90X- Shoulders & Arms=60 Min
Met Value= 6.0
Calories burned= 492

P90X- Ab Ripper X=16 Min
Met Value= 5.0
Calories burned= 109

Lauren Brooks Vol. 1 Joint Mobility Warm Up+Quick Full Body Fat Blast Workout= 17 Min
Met Value= 6.50
Calories burned= 151

Exhale: Core Fusion- Pilates Plus- Upperbody Core + Thighs & Glutes Core= 21Min
Met Value= 3.50
Calories burned= 100

Exhale: Core Fusion- Energy Flow Yoga- Energy Flow + Sun Salutation part 1= 20 Min
Met Value= 3.0
Calories burned= 82

I did Exhale: Core Fusion: Energy Flow yoga & Pilates Plus dvds I was itching to try them per Jessica's rave reviews. I gotta say its awesome and it will challenge you and make you sweat. You're so right about CF Jessica, thanks for the tip, you rock!:)

Belinda- You rock doing another round of STS and nearly done with another round of Meso 2, achieving yet again more awesomeness fitnesswise. WTG and you followed that up with a nice section from Stretch max. Excellent stuff their girlfriend, WTG!!! Don't forget to enjoy those new workout dvd's you bought too! Your just as bad as me.:p LOL!!

Debbie- WOW!!! Amazing weight work and weights you used today, excellent work. Double WOW on the leg work, that is amazing to me. You rocked that workout, that's for sure. WTG!!! You'll be lovin' your recovery week next week. Definitely enjoy that yoga tomorrow. Take care;)

Heather- Fantastic workout for you today, excellent weight work. Congrats on your race Sunday, I figured you didn't report back because you were exhausted from the race. No need to apologize, I wanted you to rest and take care after that. I hope you took advantage after the race to take a nice warm bath with some epsom salts to help with sore muscles. Your legs would thank you for that. Take care and keep on running and workingout like the champion you are.;):)

Roxie- Excellent workout for you with GS Back, Bi's, and Shoulders. I love the GS series and I always get DOMS with the Upperbody ones, never with the Leg one. STS Abs no equipment always gets me good. Its a great ab workout to do. Don't let the no equipment thing fool you into thinking its a piece of cake, not so its no joke Cathe gets us but good. To answer your question about BM2 I think its considered a circuit workout, at least that's what I think of it as. Great work Roxie, keep it up I know you can do it!;):):cool: Congrats on your latest Cathe purchases they are all awesome, you'll enjoy those. Take care!;)

Jessica- Wow, congrats on the killer spin class you did today and the blissfull tiredness that comes from a well kicked butt due to a great workout. I'm lovin' Core Fusion. Its like a magical thing that works you hard but it seems to help my back and neck, so I'm lovin' that. Its like medicine and food for the soul. Now I just need to save up to get CF bootcamp, lean and toned, and arms and abs, can't wait!!! I tend to have long workouts so its a bit of juggling to squeeze in CF, but its so worth it even if its only 10 or 20 minutes or more if time allows. Thanks again for turning me onto CF!;):):cool:

Chris- I hope your feeling better today, it just sucks when your sick. Feel better A.S.A.P! Extra ((Hugs!))

Take care girls and I'll see y a at tomorrow's check in. ;)

Hugs to everyone!;):):cool:

Nora

Good evening,

My dentist appointment got cancelled, arr....doc got sick!

Nara - as alwasy, awesome job on your workout today. You go, girl! Yep, I am just as bad as you, with DVDs! LOL!

Debbie - we know, you have a lot going on with work. Don't worry about personals. Excellent job on your full body workout today, girl! WOW, on your leg press and BB rows! Impressive!

Heather - impressive weights on your BB rows & chest flys! WTG, girl!

Roxie - wtg on your GS wo today. BM2 is listed as a crosstraining workout in Cathe's 2007 calendar. Yeah, on your new DVDs.

Jess - awesome job on your spin class.

Good night, ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.