Crazy strong and loving it for March 29, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Today I will do M3 W4 D 34. I am almost done with STS. I can't believe I only have 3 more disc left:confused: I had a lot of fun!

Debbie, hope you had a great weekend!

I promise, I will do better with personals this week. Last week was soooo busy, plus I am so beat/tired. Hope the meds kick in soon.

My best to all! Have a great workout, everyone!

Good morning,

I am done with D34:eek: My muscle are confused and so am I. We went down in weight. I thought for a second there was a misprint in the WM, had to pull out my book. :p 2 more discs to go:confused:

BTW, what protein powder do you all use? I ordered Nature's Plus Spiru-Tein High Protein Energy Meal® Vanilla 1.3 lbs from Amazon a few weeks ago, like it alot! Got free shipping! Now they want for the 2.4 lb $17 shipping, WTH? Yesterday I ended up ordering from Vitacost.com, the 2.4 lb. I do ended up with 4.95 shipping. Oh well! I ordered a lot of other stuff too, lol!

I will be back!

Last edited:
So today was Meso 2, Week 2, Disc 18, Back and Biceps. Had a pretty good workout. Still congested but the cough is about gone. Definitely feeling better.

BACK
Warmup:
Lat pulldowns with band - 12 reps/green band
T-Pull with band - 12 reps/green band
Y's with band - 12 reps/green band

Workout:
Pulldowns w/ Band - 12 reps/all three bands
***I was going to do chins today but Friday night I slept weird and twisted my neck/shoulder again. I was in considerable pain Saturday and yesterday just a little bit. I didn't want to chance it.

Barbell Rows - 60#/12 reps
Barbell Rows - 60#/10 reps
Barbell Rows - 60#/8 reps
Barbell Rows - 55#/15 reps
***Last set was a back-off set. Love these!

One Arm Horizontal Row - 25#/12 reps
One Arm Horizontal Row - 25#/10 reps
One Arm Horizontal Row - 25#/8 reps
One Arm Horizontal Row - 20#/15 reps
***Good weights here, Got a great burn by the drop set.

One Legged Deadlifts - 20#/12 reps each leg
One Legged Deadlifts - 20#/10 reps each leg
One Legged Deadlifts - 20#/8 reps each leg
***I'm glad there were no back-off sets with this. My low back really felt these. In a good way.

BICEPS
Barbell Curl - 50#/12 reps
Barbell Curl - 50#/10 reps
Barbell Curl - 50#/8 reps
Barbell Curl - 35#/17 reps + Bonus of one up counting 8 and lowering 8.
***Loved this set, really got my biceps burning.

Seated Alternating Curl - 20's/12 reps
Seated Alternating Curl - 20's/10 reps
Seated Alternating Curl - 20's/8 reps
Seated Alternating Curl - 12's/12 reps + bonus which was double arm alternating curls for 8 more reps

Seated Concentration Curls - 15#/12 reps
Seated Concentration Curls - 15#/10 reps
Seated Concentration Curls - 15#/8 reps
Seated Concentration Curls - 10#/25 reps
***Should have used 20# for this but my bi's were fried.

That is all...

Good Morning,

Tonite I am going to go for a walk in the park before I come home. I wanted to do C&W step but didn't sleep well last night so I couldn't get up. Thursday DH and I are going to join a golf fitness club so I will have access to more equipment haven't figured out how I am going to fit that in. I was going to do Cathe's Dec. rotation again but I like the results I am getting doing my own, I am just going to ramp up the cardio.

Belinda-congrats on finishing STS.

Debbie-good job on your workout and happy belated birthday.

Happy Monday! I did not get up to do bis/tris this morning. DH and I are planning on running at lunch and I'll likely do weights after work. I have some serious DOMS from chest, back, shoulders on Sat. YIKES.

Belinda - awesome job with STS - can't believe you're almost done!!! YAY

Debbie - glad to hear you're feeling a little better. Good job with those weights.

Roxie - glad to hear that you've found something that's working for you. Keep up the good work!

Hi to Jessica, Wendy (can't wait to hear about SD), Chris, and Nora!!!

Thanks for the Birthday wishes everyone! I had a great weekend. I'll come back later for personals if I can. I'm doing invoicing today and usually that takes me all day. :(

Hi girls!!!

Missed you all - Debbie, I missed your birthday?!?!? Happy Belated Birthday!

SD was really a blast. You know, I'm not a koombaya kind of girl, so I was a little concerned that the big group might get the better of me. But there were truly so many wonderful people there. Not to mention Cathe hereself!
We got there on Thursday. When we went into the lobby to check in, we walked around a small group of people that I was not paying attention to. As we're standing in line my DH says.."there's Cathe". I'm like, yeah, right, and I don't even turn around. Then one of my DD says, "yeah, mom, I think that's her!". Well, whaddaya know, there she was! She noticed us staring at her so she came over for a hug and introductions. WOW!! Genuinely lovely person! The whole team was very gracious.
The workouts were so much fun. The hours just flew by. And it was just dandy to get to meet some other forum members, and also Cathe followers that are not on the forums.
I woke up sore yesterday, then did Bootcamp on the beach. After a 6 hour drive to PHX, I was SO stiff!
Great trip, girls. I think I'm going to go for a run around the lake and get some sun.
I'll have time to catch up on the forums now that we're here. So I'll see how you've all been.....
Have a great day!

Hi ladies!
Sorry I've been MIA - but I succeeding at disconnecting this weekend for an AWESOME long weekend with the hubs. We had an amazing time! Even managed my longest run ever on Sunday - 6.2 miles! Went VERY well but seems like the half marathon I'm planning for the fall is going to be SO HARD...that's more than double what I did on Sunday! eek. A problem for another day I suppose ;)

Anyway, SO jealous of the San Diego trippers! Dying to hear when the annual NJ RT will be so I can get myself on that list!

I'll be back later for personals...crazy day over here! (As for today's workout - I went to Power and am going back for a Kick class tonight to get ready for Thursday's video assessment taping, eep!)

DH and I got the run done at lunch. Tried to push it a little more than usual. Not quite my race pace, but not too shabby. We did 3 miles in 24:55. I need to shave off close to a minute. I should do bis/tris after work. Feeling lazy now though.

Wendy - so jealous. I've been seen some pics posted on Facebook. So wish I could have made that trip.

Jessica - awesome job with that distance. Have fun at Kick. I know you will!

Debbie - I too missed your bday. So happy belated. Hope it was a good one!

Hey Girls!

Yay for Monday (I know that's not popular opinion! LOL!)

I'm going to take a few days "rest". It feels good to kind of chill on a Monday. I did the warm up to MMA: Boxing, and then did Stretch Max w/ the band and then STS Extended stretch. Things were pretty tight.

Work was very hard emotionally this weekend. Tough patient (a 25 yr old girl with a new diagnosis of Lymphoma) + they fired a very good , long time friend of mine. So it was stressful.

Belinda: Almost done!!! good for you!!! Nice workout today.

Debbie: Glad you're feeling better and back into your workouts.

Roxie: The golf fitness center sounds like a fun way to get in fitness!

Heather: Jealous of your run! It's pouring rain here, but supposed to warm up towards the end of the week.

Jessica: sounds like some serious workouts there. Enjoy!

Wendy: the RT looks and sounded so much fun!!! Beth and Hottie posted some pictures and talked about the classes. What a fun way to get your butt kicked! Tough classes, huh? Everyone says that about Cathe! It must be true! Well, welcome back!!

Chris - sorry to hear that your weekend was so stressful. I hope you enjoy a few days of rest. By then the weather will be good for you and you can get out and run! And today has been a fantastic Monday for me so I'm on board with "Yay for Monday" for a change!

Hey Girls!

Yay for Monday (I know that's not popular opinion! LOL!)

I'm going to take a few days "rest". It feels good to kind of chill on a Monday. I did the warm up to MMA: Boxing, and then did Stretch Max w/ the band and then STS Extended stretch. Things were pretty tight.

Work was very hard emotionally this weekend. Tough patient (a 25 yr old girl with a new diagnosis of Lymphoma) + they fired a very good , long time friend of mine. So it was stressful.

Belinda: Almost done!!! good for you!!! Nice workout today.

Debbie: Glad you're feeling better and back into your workouts.

Roxie: The golf fitness center sounds like a fun way to get in fitness!

Heather: Jealous of your run! It's pouring rain here, but supposed to warm up towards the end of the week.

Jessica: sounds like some serious workouts there. Enjoy!

Wendy: the RT looks and sounded so much fun!!! Beth and Hottie posted some pictures and talked about the classes. What a fun way to get your butt kicked! Tough classes, huh? Everyone says that about Cathe! It must be true! Well, welcome back!!

Chris-sorry to hear about your weekend and glad you are going to rest. I agree with you guys about Monday the weather is gorgeous here 65 degrees with 15-20mph winds gusting to 30 but it feels heavenly out there. We are suppose to have beautiful weather all week. DH is looking forward to golfing, I don't golf tried it but him and I don't get along when he tries to teach me something.

Thanks Heather and Roxie. I'm in a bad icky mood. I know a run would have really helped me today. When I get depressed or stressed from work, somehow running at the park and soaking up the fresh air and outside really helps.

Oh and speaking of yearly physicals, mine is tomorrow and i DREAD the weigh in. My scale is way up , and it is such a downer to have a gain. I am already depressed.

Aww! Sending you a hug, sounds like a rough day for you huh! :( BUT I have to say, try not to fret over the scale (Heather will laugh at me for saying it) but it's true - the scale is just an evil tool meant to stress us fit chicks out. It's not the number on the scale, but how you feel, the strength and fitness you feel are WAY more important that a number. When they weigh you, don't look at the number...I should've done that when I went to the doctor last but didn't and it totally played mind games with me. SO not worth it!!

Good Evening,

I went for a walk around the park and I think half of the town decided to walk or run tonite. I only went 1 mile had the wrong shoes on so tomarrow I want to walk more.

Stats:
17 min
15 in the zone
138 min hr
157 max hr
109 cals burned.

Hi girls!;)

Happy birthday to Debbie!:D:cool:

Here's today's workout and I apologize for being so late on the check in and once again no time for personals.

Here's today's workout:

CCV.1 Short Mix= 20 CCV1 my my: warmup 5:00, Challenge 2 5:43, Steady State2 4:28, Cool down 4:33=20 Min
Distance= 1.55 Miles
Calories burned= 246 BPM's= Average BPM= 152= 85% MHR

Low Impact Circuit= 75 Min
Calories burned= 582

Squeeze Lower Body Challenge= 30 Minutes
Calories burned= 184
This squeeze workout was fun and quick. Its really great and would be a great one for travel since it doesn't require a lot of equipment. You would need to substitute for a ball for the workouts that require it but mostly you could use a couple of water bottles filled to sub for db's, just a thought. I have the other two squeeze workouts and really like the mixes on them nice to do for an extra toning workout on the weekend or something.

Total calories burned from today's workout= 1012:eek:
:cool:

Ok girls hope everyone had a great workout today and that it was a good day for all of you. See ya at tomorrow's check in.

Hugs!:);)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.