Crazy strong and loving it for March 27, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

DH wants to go for a run today? It's raining a little:(

I will be back to report my workout! Have a great weekend!

DH and I ran 4 miles outside;) It was so cold, I coudn't get my breathing under control. Couldn't breath through my nose since it's so stuffed, my lungs started to hurt. I know one thing, I am not gonna run in this kinda weather condition anymore. I had 2 sweathers on and still was cold.:(

I will be back, need to warm up!

Good Morning,

Today is the first full day I will spend with my mother since she got here so I plan to do alot of errand running. We have to be back home by 3pm K-State plays again today. I am going to do KCMs MD and core work sometime today I should do it now she is still asleep.

Belinda-you shouldn't run in the cold its not good for you.

Hi Roxie....sorry to interrupt:) I'm looking at different check-ins to see if I want to join any and saw your K-State reference..... all I have to interject is

GO CATS!!!

I can't wait for today's game...I think my heartrate just returned to normal after Thursday night's game. I'm in Manhattan. They're planning to close the streets in Aggieville this afternoon. Will be a wild time if the Cats advance to the Final Four!
Enjoy the game!!

Shari

Last edited:
Just finished KCMs Muscle Definition.

Stats:
41 min
39 in the zone
143 min hr
167 max hr
280 cals burned.

Sheri-this is a good check in to join the girls are great and very inspiring and helpful. Where in Manhattan do you live I am over by Target.

Hi Roxie. I'm about four miles east of town off of E. 24.

I'm just getting back into regular exercise. I'm 53 (turn 54:eek: this summer) and have a LOT of weight to take off! In the last four years I turned fifty, had surgery (hysterectomy) and went back to school (commute to Washburn) full time. Going from an active job and exercising regularly to sitting for a round trip drive to Topeka and spending a lot of time studying, I've gained all this weight.

I don't know how long you've lived here...back in the 80's I was the assistant manager at The Ladies Club, then went on to be the aerobic coordinator at Manhattan Athletic Club. I haven't taught in fifteen years and so miss being fit and in shape. I've gone from one extreme to another...Now I'm trying to find that happy medium.

I own so many workout DVDs, I'm sure over 200, you'd think I was a fitness expert...LOL. My workouts this week have been:

Sunday- Body Fusion
Monday-Low Intensity Step premix from 4DS
Wednesday-Power Hour (still sore arms/chest/back from that one)
Friday- Cardio & Weights step premix
Today-??debating between High Step Circuit or a LIC premix...

Just a side note...I moved my Mom from KC to here a year and a half ago. She's 92 and lives in Independent living at Meadowlark. Even though she doesn't live with me it still occupies so much time...Doctor's appts., grocery shopping, cleaning her apartment..ect. I just mention as you mentioned your Mom.

Nice to meet you...I talk a LOT as you can tell:eek: Probably wayy to much info for a public forum.

Take care,
Shari

Hi Roxie. I'm about four miles east of town off of E. 24.

I'm just getting back into regular exercise. I'm 53 (turn 54:eek: this summer) and have a LOT of weight to take off! In the last four years I turned fifty, had surgery (hysterectomy) and went back to school (commute to Washburn) full time. Going from an active job and exercising regularly to sitting for a round trip drive to Topeka and spending a lot of time studying, I've gained all this weight.

I don't know how long you've lived here...back in the 80's I was the assistant manager at The Ladies Club, then went on to be the aerobic coordinator at Manhattan Athletic Club. I haven't taught in fifteen years and so miss being fit and in shape. I've gone from one extreme to another...Now I'm trying to find that happy medium.

I own so many workout DVDs, I'm sure over 200, you'd think I was a fitness expert...LOL. My workouts this week have been:

Sunday- Body Fusion
Monday-Low Intensity Step premix from 4DS
Wednesday-Power Hour (still sore arms/chest/back from that one)
Friday- Cardio & Weights step premix
Today-??debating between High Step Circuit or a LIC premix...

Just a side note...I moved my Mom from KC to here a year and a half ago. She's 92 and lives in Independent living at Meadowlark. Even though she doesn't live with me it still occupies so much time...Doctor's appts., grocery shopping, cleaning her apartment..ect. I just mention as you mentioned your Mom.

Nice to meet you...I talk a LOT as you can tell:eek: Probably wayy to much info for a public forum.

Take care,
Shari

Shari-nice to meet you I am 44 soon to be 45. I work for Manhattan Medical Supply. I discovered Cathe 2 years ago before my oldest DD got married. Good job with your workouts.

Just wanted to pop in! Busy day, but not as busy (aka stressful) as usual.

Today was the last day of Cathe's March 10 Rotation for me. Instead of High Step Challenge (did High Step Training already this week), I did Circuit Blast. I'd never done it before!

It was ok. A lot like the other STS Cardio, same type of cardio moves, and then some different strength moves. I like the Core stuff, it's very functional core.

I added on Kelly Coffey Meyers Standing Leg work from 30 Minutes to Fitness.

I'm thinking of Wendy in San Diego right now! I have 2 other Cathelete buddies from another check in that are there, I'm excited for them!!! They must be having a blast!

Hey, and I noticed it was someone's BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBBIE!! wherever you are!!!

Belinda; Sorry you had a crappy run. How cold is it there? I took my boys to thepark this afternoon. It's VERY sunny, but only 40, and I froze my NOSE off!!!

Roxie: great workouts! I wonder if I did a premix from the same workout YOU did? How is the upper body work on this one?

Lawnerd: Welcome to the check in!

Nora: Glad you got my email! I thought maybe it didn't go through because it came back to me and I was confused! LOL!... sorry your hand is numb, hope you're better today :)

Roxie, that is the one on Poyntz, right? If so, I've been in there a bit...Carol is familiar with my Mom..haha, probably not in a good way. Mom bought her scooter there and Mom is not very easy to please, if it's the one on Poyntz.

Thanks for the welcome, Chris. My workouts have been sporadic until this past week. Consistancy is what I'm trying to focus on.

Well, it's about game time:eek: I sure hope the players are recovered from playing Xavier. Both my boys have said it's amazing the increase in powercat sightings in KC they've had; usually KC is mostly a KU fanbase. I have two sons, 25 & 27...they both live in KC>

Shari

Just wanted to pop in! Busy day, but not as busy (aka stressful) as usual.

Today was the last day of Cathe's March 10 Rotation for me. Instead of High Step Challenge (did High Step Training already this week), I did Circuit Blast. I'd never done it before!

It was ok. A lot like the other STS Cardio, same type of cardio moves, and then some different strength moves. I like the Core stuff, it's very functional core.

I added on Kelly Coffey Meyers Standing Leg work from 30 Minutes to Fitness.

I'm thinking of Wendy in San Diego right now! I have 2 other Cathelete buddies from another check in that are there, I'm excited for them!!! They must be having a blast!

Hey, and I noticed it was someone's BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBBIE!! wherever you are!!!

Belinda; Sorry you had a crappy run. How cold is it there? I took my boys to thepark this afternoon. It's VERY sunny, but only 40, and I froze my NOSE off!!!

Roxie: great workouts! I wonder if I did a premix from the same workout YOU did? How is the upper body work on this one?

Lawnerd: Welcome to the check in!

Nora: Glad you got my email! I thought maybe it didn't go through because it came back to me and I was confused! LOL!... sorry your hand is numb, hope you're better today :)

Chris-the upper body is good except for chest work only does about 2 or 3 mins of this because she runs out of time.

Roxie, that is the one on Poyntz, right? If so, I've been in there a bit...Carol is familiar with my Mom..haha, probably not in a good way. Mom bought her scooter there and Mom is not very easy to please, if it's the one on Poyntz.

Thanks for the welcome, Chris. My workouts have been sporadic until this past week. Consistancy is what I'm trying to focus on.

Well, it's about game time:eek: I sure hope the players are recovered from playing Xavier. Both my boys have said it's amazing the increase in powercat sightings in KC they've had; usually KC is mostly a KU fanbase. I have two sons, 25 & 27...they both live in KC>

Shari

Yes we are the one on poyntz and very familiar with your mother. I have 2 daughters 24 almost 25 and 22.

Hi ladies. Today I did a lot. I did the same weights as last Sat for chest, back, shoulders then did HIIT 40/20 and weights only from W&P abs:

I did go up in weights at least 1 lb. Everything done in drop sets of 12, 10, 8, 6

Today I decided to do chest, back, shoulders this morning using a drop set method. I did each exercise using the same weight, but dropping the number of reps with each set: 12, 10, 8, 6.

Chest
Flat bench flyes 26.5's (up 1.5)
Flat bench DB presss 31.5's (up 1.5)
Incline flyes 26.5's (up 1.5)
Incline DB press 31.5's (up 1.5)
Back
Double-arm DB row (flat back) 26.5's (up 1.5)
Pullovers - 28 (up 3#)
Underhand DB rows's 26.5's (up 1.5)
Shoulders
Standing DB press 16's (up 1#)
Side lateral raises 11's (up 1#)
Rear delt press 13's (up 1#)

Belinda - good job getting that run in. Dedication!

Roxie - good job with your workout today!

Chris - You always rock

Shari - welcome to our crazy little club.

Hi to Jessica, Debbie, Wendy & Nora!!!

Hi girls!;)

I'm sorry for checking in so late. I did workout this morning then went on the hunt for a German Shepherd puppy today, and I found one. Yep, I couldn't resist I got him. He's six and half weeks old. He's a purebred GSD and his momma dog is an AKC female from german lines and the daddy doesn't have papers but is gorgeous and purebred both were in excellent health and very sweet dogs. All the puppies from the litter were unbelievably gorgeous. We got the little male that liked to follow me around, we named him Ares, as in the greek god of war, son of Zeus and Hera. Ares likes his name and answers to it and likes to follow me around. He's adorable. Now, the other dog seems to want to be dominante and be rough with him. We'll keep them separated but we may have to take the other dog back if they don't get along. Baby Ares is here to stay, did I mention he's absolutely goregous!!!

Here's today's workout:

Drill Max Premix #1 (Timesaver Cardio Blast)= 39 min
calories burned= 426

S&H - ONLY Biceps/Abs/Stretch= 35 Minutes
Calories burned= 287

Total calories burned= 713

Ares is keeping me busy tonight in getting him settled into his new home. We bought him a crate and toys. I haven't eaten anything all day so I need to do that and take a shower and relax. I'm sorry no time for personals, but WTG on everyone's workouts today! Debbie, I hope your feeling better. Chris, thanks again for the email.

Hugs ladies!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.