CRAZY STRONG AND LOVING IT FOR JUNE 30, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
HAPPY HUMP DAY,

My plans for today: dog walk, M1 D8 (back & triceps) and if I still feel engerized I will add Hiit Double Wave Pyramid:eek:

I haven't seen anyone doing their ab wo yesterday, lol! You all better get on it:p I did mine!

My best to all. BBL!

Hallo again,

I walked the dogs for 45 min. walk, did HiiT Double Wave Pyramid and did M1 D8 (back & triceps) :p:eek: I loved Hiit Double Wave Pyramid, had a lot of fun. My HR went up to 149, not bad! My HR monitor said I only burned 137 cal on that one:eek::confused: I was a sweaty mess. Didn't used my monitor on D8:eek: I think I need a new battery:rolleyes:

I will be back later, need to rest a little! Than I need to get my son's room ready.

Today was cardio again and I chose Amy's Kickbox Surge. I checked out the premixes because I only wanted to do the kickbox segments, not the surges. She doesn't have a premix for just the KB segments. Weird. So I just started the workout from the beginning and just skipped the surges. I keep forgetting how long this workout is. The KB segments alone were about 45 minutes. Anyways, probably should have skipped this workout due to my kinked neck, but I was hoping moving around might loosen it up. I was right, it did. It still hurts to turn my head to the left, but not like yesterday.

CARDIO STATS:
55 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
26 minutes in zone
23 minutes above zone
408 calories burned

Happy with this!

Morning ladies! HAPPY Wednesday - the long weekend is almost here :)
I got my lonnnng m2 d19 chest/tri's/shoulders workout done last night, despite my stomach GROWLING like crazy. I'm like hungry horrors galore this week, no idea why (usually happens during PMS week, strange) so getting through the workout was tough for that fact alone. PLUS that workout always gets me with the double-waves throughout. Loved it though. My husband came up to say hi while I was midway through a shoulder press set and noted that I was "glistening" with sweat. That I was ;)

This morning was an AWESOME Ride class at my gym, our instructor pulled out some old tracks for us which was a great change of pace. And again, I'm ravenous. Just had breakfast and already searching for more goodies. This is gonna be a long day, I can tell :eek:

Anyway, I'm also SUPER DUPER excited for the Cathe RT after seeing the lineup of workouts! Heather and Melissa - we are IN for an awesome weekend, this is her best lineup yet!!

Debbie - you liked that kickbox workout huh? I've tried Amy a couple times but never loved it, not sure I tried that particular one though, sounds pretty good? How long did you say the entire thing was?

Belinda - NICE way to work it today, you crammed a lot into your workout! And yes, I'm behind on abs this week, Roxie's gonna yell at me ;) I'll do them tomorrow and Friday, I promise!!

Hi to Roxie, Chris, Heather, Melissa and Jo!

Hey Girls!

Today for me is Turbo Fire's FIRE 30 CLASS + stretch 10. I''m going to add in a lower body workout, going to look at Butts & Guts and see what kind of premix I can find!

Belinda: Yes! You certainly got in a lot today! I truly think your HRM is not correct. MAX HR is 139? I consider myself pretty fit with a resting heart rate in the 40's. and MY HR during any of the HiiT's gets into at least the 160's!... I can't believe someone jumped on you from your Facebook post to me yesterday! Geesh! Those coaches are a little "hungry" I think! Nora had a great idea. Can you order through totalfitnessdvds? She is a coach like Nora said, with no hassle. Just order through her site and get the deal on shipping. I do have to agree with Nora. If you like Chalene, you HAVE TO get the Turbo Fires! Just sayin'!

Debbie: Glad your neck kink got less kinky! Nice workout today, even though you had to FF through the surges. Sounds like a PIA.

Jessica: NICE going on STS last week! You got the "shiny shoulders" then? :) Sounds like a fun ride class this morning!

Nora: Lovin' TF!!! Is your MRI today? Thinking good thoughts for you!!!

*HEY* to Heather, Jo, Melissa and Roxie

Yes - there were some shiny shoulders last night, and shiny everything this AM! :)

Enjoy butts & guts, that is my FAVE!!!

Hey Girls!

Today for me is Turbo Fire's FIRE 30 CLASS + stretch 10. I''m going to add in a lower body workout, going to look at Butts & Guts and see what kind of premix I can find!

Belinda: Yes! You certainly got in a lot today! I truly think your HRM is not correct. MAX HR is 139? I consider myself pretty fit with a resting heart rate in the 40's. and MY HR during any of the HiiT's gets into at least the 160's!... I can't believe someone jumped on you from your Facebook post to me yesterday! Geesh! Those coaches are a little "hungry" I think! Nora had a great idea. Can you order through totalfitnessdvds? She is a coach like Nora said, with no hassle. Just order through her site and get the deal on shipping. I do have to agree with Nora. If you like Chalene, you HAVE TO get the Turbo Fires! Just sayin'!

Debbie: Glad your neck kink got less kinky! Nice workout today, even though you had to FF through the surges. Sounds like a PIA.

Jessica: NICE going on STS last week! You got the "shiny shoulders" then? :) Sounds like a fun ride class this morning!

Nora: Lovin' TF!!! Is your MRI today? Thinking good thoughts for you!!!

*HEY* to Heather, Jo, Melissa and Roxie

Hi ladies. I got up and did the warm up from MMA Kickboxing while I waited for it to get light enough to safely run. Then I ran a nice 3 miles. It was 74 with a light breeze - almost cold! ;)

I think I will finish MMA Kickboxing after work and do abs.

Nora - good job with your workout! Hope the MRI results are positive.

Belinda - nicely done, as usual.

Roxie - good job and abs too??!!! :eek:

Debbie - looks like you had a pretty good cardio session this morning. That is odd that there isn't a KB only premix.

Jessica - way to go with ride this morning and good job with the long weight session last night. I have hungry hippo days - usually when I'm lifting heavier. I feel like I could eat everything in sight.

Chris - thanks for the turbo fire reviews. You're an enabler you know LOL.

Hi Melissa and Jo!!!

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is Burn Circuit 2 and this time I will get it done. Belinda beat me to it but I was going to say it is Wednesday and I haven't seen anyone do abs yet, LETS GET ON THOSE GIRLS. I did mine last night.

Belinda-I did my abs.

Debbie-good job with your workout even though you were going to rest this week.

Jessica-good job with your workout.

Heather-hope to see abs recorded later good job with the boxing and running.

Chris-thanks to you and Nora and everything else I have read I really want Turbo Fire.

Hi ladies!

I know, I am so hit or miss with the check-ins - I'm sorry! I will try to be on here more, because honestly, you all are so much fun! Sounds like some rocking workouts by all (I'll do more tomorrow on that I promise!) and like Jess, I squeezed in an STS workout last night...did Meso 2/week 4/tris, chest, shoulders and man those drop sets are SO killer, so I was thankful for just 45 mins! Also sweated my a$$ off in Ride this morning, trying to chase this cold away before the long weekend...that should work, right??

Hi ladies!

It is taking everything I have to sit in this chair today, my butt is so sore!! I'm changing my rotation today to incorporate 4DS, but I don't think I'm ready to give up Meaner Legs yet. Gets me every time!!!

Jolene - no worries, we'll take whatever you can give us! Summer colds are the worst. I hope you feel better!

Jessica - glistening is totally cool...:cool:

Heather - I laughed last night on FB when you mentioned eating on "Heather time"!! Nice run this morning.

Jessica, Heather & Jolene - holy RT itinerary!!!! ZUMBA...:eek: I am so excited, it's ridiculous. I've already started packing in my mind.

Belinda - you must have had alot of energy today!!!

Hi Roxie, Chris, Nora & Debbie.

Hi ladies!

It is taking everything I have to sit in this chair today, my butt is so sore!! I'm changing my rotation today to incorporate 4DS, but I don't think I'm ready to give up Meaner Legs yet. Gets me every time!!!

Jolene - no worries, we'll take whatever you can give us! Summer colds are the worst. I hope you feel better!

Heather - I laughed last night on FB when you mentioned eating on "Heather time"!! Nice run this morning.

Jessica, Heather & Jolene - holy RT itinerary!!!! ZUMBA...:eek: I am so excited, it's ridiculous. I've already started packing in my mind.

HA, seriously I want to start packing now too! BUT I need to shop first, hehe. Zumba - I suck at anything dancy so we'll see about that. I may just watch, actively ;)

Having problems sitting is both good and bad isn't it? You know you've worked, but then you know there is no hovering :eek:

I've not tried zumba so I'm excited about that one. Kind of freaking out overall though. Breathe......

Hi ladies!

Heather - you are funny! No freaking out allowed, this is supposed to be FUN, and besides you get to meet ME, isn't that fun enough in and of itself ;)
Ha, just kidding. Seriously, though its a blast!!

Belinda - Nice workouts girl. You are really killing it lately! Just be careful, you don't want to do too much and hurt your back again.

Jessica - I hate working out when I'm hungry. I usually have a protein shake about 30 minutes before my weight training workouts or I'm useless. Glad you got through that LONNNGGG workout! I like some of Amy's workouts, her KB ones are fun. But she sings in this one every once in a while and I really HATE that!!! It's annoying. But mostly she is a good instructor. This one runs about an hour and 20 minutes if not an hour and 30. It's long. It has a good ab section in it too. I was going to do that but didn't want to mess my neck up anymore.

Chris - I just skipped the surge sections, my DVD player lets me do that so it's just one click and the next KB segment came up. Didn't waste much time at all with it. I take it you are liking your new workouts? ;)

Heather - It's nice to workout in this weather, isn't it? Better then not being able to breath due to the humidity. I hate that. Nice run this morning!

Roxie - I was going to abs this morning but I didn't want to chance it with my neck. And this is my active recovery week, I'm not taking an entire rest week off. I am doing cardio 3 times this week. I wanted to get in some yoga, too, but just can't do it with my neck like it is. :(

Jo - Nice workout! Love STS, I'm having so much fun with it and really looking forward to Meso 2.

Melissa - Nice going on the DOMS!!! LOL! I never cared much for Meaner Legs. I've probably only done that workout about twice. It is a good and tough workout, though. I know exactly why you're sore!

Nora - Great workout yesterday! Hope you are taking your rest today!!! ;)

Belinda - Nice workouts girl. You are really killing it lately! Just be careful, you don't want to do too much and hurt your back again.

Jessica - I hate working out when I'm hungry. I usually have a protein shake about 30 minutes before my weight training workouts or I'm useless. Glad you got through that LONNNGGG workout! I like some of Amy's workouts, her KB ones are fun. But she sings in this one every once in a while and I really HATE that!!! It's annoying. But mostly she is a good instructor. This one runs about an hour and 20 minutes if not an hour and 30. It's long. It has a good ab section in it too. I was going to do that but didn't want to mess my neck up anymore.

Chris - I just skipped the surge sections, my DVD player lets me do that so it's just one click and the next KB segment came up. Didn't waste much time at all with it. I take it you are liking your new workouts? ;)

Heather - It's nice to workout in this weather, isn't it? Better then not being able to breath due to the humidity. I hate that. Nice run this morning!

Roxie - I was going to abs this morning but I didn't want to chance it with my neck. And this is my active recovery week, I'm not taking an entire rest week off. I am doing cardio 3 times this week. I wanted to get in some yoga, too, but just can't do it with my neck like it is. :(

Jo - Nice workout! Love STS, I'm having so much fun with it and really looking forward to Meso 2.

Melissa - Nice going on the DOMS!!! LOL! I never cared much for Meaner Legs. I've probably only done that workout about twice. It is a good and tough workout, though. I know exactly why you're sore!

Nora - Great workout yesterday! Hope you are taking your rest today!!! ;)

Debbie-you are the only one I will excuse from not doing abs don't want you hurting yourself anymore. I didn't figure you were do a full rest week yet.

Just a quick check in,

Tomorrow I can't start us off:) I will be in Munich picking up DS from the airport:eek:

I will check in after my workout and catch up on personals!

Good Evening,

Tonite I did CLX Burn Circuit 2 and TJ 20min Cardio Party.

CLX Stats:
39 min
22 in the zone
127 min hr
156 max hr
213 cals burned.

TJ Stats:
19 min
17 in the zone
140 min hr
159 max hr
121 cals burned.

Forgot to list my wts.

Sumo Squat w/ Bicep Curl-10lbs/12 reps
Lunge w/ One Arm Tricep Extension-8lbs/12 reps both arms.
Dead Lift Row-15lbs/12 reps
Sumo Squat w/ Overhead Tricep Extension-15lbs/12 reps
Dead Lift w/ Double Row-15lbs/12reps.
Bowler's Lunge w/ Single Arm Row-12lbs/12reps
Biceps Curl w/ Abductor Balance-8lbs/12reps
Fwd-Lean Lunge w/ Double Row-12lbs/6 reps each leg
Triple Threat Pushups-9 reps.

:)Hi girls!;)

It's late I know so I'll be brief with comments and check in, but sadly no time for personals.

I went to my doctor's appointment with my Neurologist at OHSU and he reviewed my brain, thoracic spine, MRI I had a few months ago and had great news that there is no new activity in my MS. That means the MS Therapy drug I started on 4 years ago when I was first diagnosed with MS is working for me, since the initial attacks I've had no subsequent relapses as seen on my most recent MRI. YAY!!!! I'm thrilled with that news because when I first started with all the weird symptoms 4yrs ago I had a rapid fire snowball of relapses that were fairly severe. My doctor told me that back then he was very concerned I would have the progressive form of MS, which means that I would be needing a wheel chair in my very immediate future. The new theory in MS therapy drugs is to begin treatment immediately even before the official MS diagnosis when it is highly probable that MS is what's going on due to CFS fluid results and MRI's and just neurological tests. In case some of you don't know there is no cure for MS however, there are therapy drugs that can be used to slow down the progression of the disease. I'm on one of these drugs that is FDA approved and has a track record of 20 yrs or so of patients that it has helped. At the time my doctor approached me about MS therapy drugs, I did not have a conclusion medical diagnosis of MS because of the time frame that the attacks had to happen with in to be considered a relapse. I had I think four or five attacks in a three to four month period. My neurologist suggested I start immediately on a MS therapy drug, he explained my choices all of which have side effects and require injections. I chose Avonex. At the time my doctor informed that I didn't have to begin the treatment this early I could choose to wait to get the definitive diagnosis in months ahead to even a year. He explained MS is a silent disease in that it doesn't always display in symptoms the damage being done that can only be seen on a MRI of the brain or spine. I wanted to get on the Avonex ASAP as sooner treatment has been shone to yield better results in slowing down the progression of the disease and damage that can occur in the mean time. I wanted the best chance of normalcy and slowing down this disease so I started my treatment early. There is still lots of ongoing research in MS treatments which is great and I hope for a cure to be found which is exciting in the meantime I opt for the choices I've made in being proactive and positive in fighting this as best I can. Oh a sad note my doctor has graduated OHSU, and is returning to his home state of Oklahoma. I will be referred to a doctor at the MS clinic at OHSU.

I did squeeze in a workout today when I got back from OHSU in Portland today.

Here's what I did:

Cardio Coach Vol.1 Revised= 35 Min
walked 4 min approx thru coaches notes= 39 min
Walked briskly on treadmill before challenge 1 started.
Calories burned= 430
Distance= 2.64 Miles
This wasn't my best time or distance with this particular Cardio Coach, but I haven't been able to do it for months because of my knees. I really love how great I feel after a cardio coach workout. I was inspired after seening the evil numbers on the scale when they weighed me at the doctors. Let's just say I got work to do and need to step up the cardio. I'm trying to see this as a positive kick in the pants reality check and motivator rather than getting depressed. I gotta fight the good fight, right girls!;)
I'm really tired out tonight, too tired even for Eclipse or Edward and Jacob tonight. LOL!!! Hopefully, I'll go to the first showing tomorrow morning then go home and workout!!! I like it!!!

Hi's, Waves, and Hugs to: Debbie, Jessica, Chris, Heather, Belinda, Jolene, Melissa, Roxie, and if I forgot anyone I meant you too!

Have a great evening girls, see ya at tomorrow's check in! Hugs!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.