CRAZY STRONG AND LOVING IT FOR JUNE 25, 2010

Morning ladies - checking in quickly before disconnecting for the day. SO excited to be off from work and heading to the beach! In honor of that fact, I'm taking today as my rest day, my legs are killing me and I have DOMS from STS yesterday so I figure my body is telling me to rest up. :)

The 5k yesterday was ok - I was disappointed in my time, I was hoping to knock off a few mins from my typical 5k race time (I'm pretty slow, a 10 min mile typically) but the heat, combined with my mind being distracted (my sister's kitty isn't doing so well...sigh) and I came in at a measly 31 mins. Boo. But at least I did it and I'm proud of that fact, so onwards and upwards from here! I think my body is just SO used to running longer/slower/steadier now that I'm in half marathon training mode that running shorter and faster is harder for me now. Must work on that...

Have a great day ladies!!

Hi ladies - TGIF!! Today is my rest day. I did get in some weights after work yesterday. It was a really fun workout actually. I typically don't like higher reps/lower weights, but I had fun with this little set up:

Side drop squats off 12" step with overhead triceps extension- 16 (15#)
Side drop squats off 12" step with leg raise (keeping the weight used for triceps) - 16 (15#)
Alternating rear lunges with low-end pulse and biceps curls - 16 (10's)
Squats with shoulder press - 16 (10's)
Rear lunges off 12" step with lateral raises - 16 with lateral raise, 16 without (5's)
Alternating rear lunges with low-end pulse and hammer curls - 16 (10's)
Side lunge with single arm shoulder press - 16 each side (8#)
Plie squats with low end pulse and hammer curls - 16 (10's)
Push ups - 24
Side drop squats off 12" step with overhead triceps extension- 16
Side drop squats off 12" step with leg raise (keeping the weight used for triceps) - 16
Alternating front lunges with low-end pulse and biceps curls - 16
Squats with shoulder press - 16
Rear lunges off 12" step with lateral raises - 16 with lateral raise, 16 without
Side lunge with single arm shoulder press - 16 each side
Plie squats with low end pulse and hammer curls - 16
Push ups - 24
Donkey kicks with weight - 2 x 18 (8#)
Firewalkers - 8 (4 steps right, 4 steps left equals 1)
Lying inner thigh lifts with ankle weights - 32
Lat band pull downs - 2 x 16

I'm actually a tad bit sore today too. Love it when I can kick my own butt :eek:

Belinda - hope the workout went well!

Nora - way to go with your workout last night.

Roxie - sounds like you had a good workout last night!

Jessica - I imagine doing legs then a race didn't help with time either you silly goose. When I'm going to do a race, I make sure that I have not done any major leg work for at least 24 hours.

Jo - how's Nala????

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else has going!

Good Morning,

Tonites workout will be CLX Burn Circuit 3.

Jessica-way to go on your run. Enjoy your day at the beach sounds like fun.

Belinda-good job getting your workout done.

Hi Everyone!

I woke up at 4am (to check Zach's sugar) and realized today was going to be the day I will battle one of my stubborn headaches. Great. Just how I want to spend my day.

I was looking at the Turbo Fire schedule again and realized I can't do it exact this week. I'll do Day #2 today (HiiT 15, and will do 4DS Bi's and Tri's. + stretch/yoga), but then tomorrow will be cardio of my choice, Sunday rest day, Monday start in again on the schedule. I was also reading the Nutritional Guide. How I wish I could commit and devote myself to eating like that. They have a 5 day Turbo Plan, which I would also love to do. I just don't think I have the discipline.

Anyways, going to head down to start now! Lots to do today!..

Will BBL!!!

Today was Meso 1, Week 4, Disc 11, Back and Triceps. I am so glad this is the last workout of Meso 1. Really tired of the fast pace and high reps. I'm also sick of the band work.

Warmup:
Lat Pulldowns w/Band - Green band/10 reps
Double Arm Band Rows High Ends - Green band/28 reps
Dips - 16 reps
One Arm Seated Overhead Extensions - 12#/10 reps

Workout:
Chinups - 12
***Did underhand Austrailian Chins doing a 1 up/3 down cnt.
Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extension - 50#/15 reps
***These burned. Good weight.
One Arm Dumbbell Row - 35#/15 reps
T-Pull w/Band - Green band/36 reps
Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extension - 20's/15 reps
Barbell Rows - 60#/21 reps
Y's w/Band - Green band/36 reps
One Arm Kickbacks - 12#/15 reps
One Arm Horizontal Row - 30#/15 reps
Deadlifts - 35's/8 reps
Seasaw Pushups - 20 reps
One Arm Press Down w/Band - Green Band/36 reps
Chinups - 12
***Did Australian Chins, straight reps.
Seated Overhead DB Extension - 35#/15 reps
Barbell Rows - 60#/21 reps
Double Arm Rows w/Band - Green band/36 reps
Side Leaning One Arm Extension - 15#/15 reps
Pullovers - 27#/15 reps
Double Arm Kickbacks - 10's/15 reps
One Arm Kickbacks w/Band - Green band/36 reps
Pullups - 9 reps
***Used all three of my elastic bands. Pulled one count and did 3 counts release. Really felt these.
Cross Body Extensions - 15#/15 reps
Double Arm Dumbbell Rows - 25's/10 reps
Double Arm Dumbbell Rows - 22's/10 reps
Double Arm Dumbbell Rows - 20's/10 reps
***10 second rest between each set. These were tough.
Close Grip Dumbbell Bench Press - 25's/10 reps
Close Grip Dumbbell Bench Press - 22's/10 reps
Close Grip Dumbbell Bench Press - 20's/10 reps
***10 second rest between each set. A real burner here. I was going to start with 30's but glad I didn't!

DH is coming back from Michigan and when he gets in Sandusky I'm going to head into Vermilion to meet him for lunch and a little shopping. We love that little town so I can't wait to go. It's a beautiful day for a motorcycle ride!

Hi girls!;)

Happy T.G.I.F!!!

I'll just check in quickly and then try to do personals.

Here's today's workout:

Aero Jump/Sculpt= 67 Min
Calories burned= 869

Equipment required: 1 speed jump rope (I used my imaginary one), two one pound dumbells, and I used my 8 pound firm bar.

This was the first time I did the entire workout from warm up, rounds 1 through 10, and cool down. Man, this was fun and a sweatfest. This made me feel awesome when I was done very exhillerating and tough like Cardio Coach does or after completing an Insanity workout. Great workout and love the DOMS!

Belinda- Good for you getting D6 done today, bravo!!

Jessica- Hey congrats on running a 5K, I think that's awesome. No worries about the time, sometimes its the course than can effect you, weather, or just not feeling as into it as other times. I still think you did great and finished be proud of that. You lucky girl, off work today and having fun at the beach, enjoy it and it sounds like your body could use a little R & R so enjoy and have fun!

Heather- Nice job on your workout today, and being a sport doing the higher reps lower weights thing. It does feel a little odd after being used to lifting heavy and less reps. Great job!!! have a great evening!!

Roxie- I like the sounds of your workout today,CLX Burn Circuit 3, that sounds like it would be fun. Have a great workout and a great day!

Chris- Sorry about your headache. I hope you were able to take something to make it go away. It sounds like you've been having fun checking out all your Turbo Fire goodies. No worries, just start next week as your week 1. I know when I get mine I'll having to do the first workout just because I'm so excited about it. Hopefully, it will get here before Monday so I can plan out my workout for the week. I'm such a rotation person I like having it all planned ahead for the week etc.. Have fun with Turbo Fire!

Debbie- Nice job on Meso 1, Week 4, Disc 11, Back and Triceps today. I know the band part is kind of a distraction. I just hated all the freaking pushups. LOL!! Great job on getting it done today with your workout. I hope your knee is feeling better. Your ride to Vermilion sounds like it will be great and a gorgeous day for a ride to boot. Have fun!

Ok, girls that's it for me today. Have a great evening everyone, and I'll seeya at tomorrow's check in.

Hugs to everyone!

Nora

Last edited:
Good Evening,

Tonite I did the original LIS instead of wts. I will do those tomarrow.

Stats:
41 min
37 in the zone
141 min hr
173 max hr
273 cals burned.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.