CRAZY STRONG AND LOVING IT FOR JUNE 22, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I will do cardio and abs today!

I will be back later to report my workouts and personals!

Have a great Tuesday.

I just came back from my run. I did CC V8 outside, burned 755 cal;) I am not sure:eek: but I feel like I ran 7 miles. I ran to the gym, ran 3 times around the running track (3 miles), ran/sprints 6 labs around the track, than ran home! I am wiped, still need to work my abs! On my schedule for today I have one of the Hiit wo, not sure if I get that one in today. Maybe tonight, depends on how I feel.

Have a great day and workout everyone!

Good morning ladies. DH and I got up and ran this morning. I did a little over 3 miles. It was a pretty good run (super muggy) and got my legs loosened up a bit. They're still tight from Sunday's leg workout. I think I may do MMA Boxing today as well.

Belinda - good job with your run!

Nora - hope you feel better soon. I know you must be super frustrated not being able to get in the workout, but sounds like you do need a bit of a rest. Hope it's just fatigue and not relapse.

Roxie - good workout!!!

Hi to everyone else!!!!

So today was cardio and I'd really like to start doing Cardio Coach again at least once a week. I need to see how my hip flexor does with it first, though. So I got on my treadmill and did a 5 minute warmup and then I did a 15 min. mile pace for 8 minutes. Surprised that I can still run/jog that long, it's been quite a few months since I've done anything other then a fast pace walk on the thing. Then I went to a fast pace walk for a few minutes and did another 5 minute 15 min. mile pace. At this point my ankle started feeling the impact so I did the rest at a fast pace walk on a 4% incline.

Good news is, hip flexor feels fine. No tightness at all. Ankle is ok, it still hurts when I turn it down - that was the way I hit when I slipped off the step. So I still need to be careful with it.

Had a great sweaty workout. I then did the Ab work from Kick, Punch & Crunch. Love that ab work.

CARDIO STATS:
51 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
14 minutes in zone
33 minutes above zone
414 calories burned
2.8 miles travelled

MUSIC TRIVIA: What song does the line "You were pumping iron where I was pumping irony..." come from?

Love music trivia!!!

Last edited:
Good Morning,

It is suppose to be 98 degrees here today, if that is the case then July and August are going to suck. Tonite I will do some kind of cardio haven't decided yet, upper back is hurting from last night. My air conditioner decided to go on the brink this morning shuts the power off when it tries to kick on.

Debbie-yeah for getting those abs in and enjoying cardio coach without problems.

Heather-good job on the run.

Belinda-good job with your run I don't think you need to do anything else today except your abs.

Morning ladies! Some nice workouts I see so far, love it! As an update on yesterday, I did end up going home and doing STS m2, d16 (chest/shoulders/tri's) which I felt good about but everything felt SUPER hard for some reason. Part of that was me really trying to push myself with heavier weights but I also don't think I ate enough yesterday. I felt ravenous all day and don't think I had enough protein during the day. Dir!

Today I ran a 5k with Scott - we're running one on Thurs night so I wanted to practice a shorter one vs. the longer runs I've been doing. Went ok but was mad at myself for not pushing myself to run faster - I've gotten used to running slower and steady to get through longer distance runs so the short and fast run wasn't "normal" to me. But it was still a great run - weather was perfect for it too. I went home and managed to do STS legs, m2, d17 before work. I wasn't in the mood to get to work early so rather than split up the workout at the end of the day, I figured I'd squeeze it in the AM instead. It was worth it. I LOVE those trisets!!!

Heather - nice job on the run! I was thinking of you this morning, wondering if you'd fit a run in before it got too hot. Very nice!

Belinda - that sure sounds like a 7-miler to me based on your calories burned as an estimate. NICE job!! How on earth are you going to muster up the energy for Hiit later, crazy lady? ;)

Debbie - nice sweat! Hang in there on the ankle/hip issues. I know it's frustrating when you're not quite 100%, no fun at all!

Hi to Melissa, Roxie, Nora (hang in there, girl), Jo, Chris...am I forgetting anyone??

Debbie - I suck at music trivia btw. I had to look it up (yep, I cheated). Good job with your cardio. Why is it that ankle injuries seem to take forever to heal???

Roxie - I hear you on the heat. When I left work at 4 it was 99 with heat index of 102.

Jessica - hope you have a fun run Thurs (odd day for a 5K). Sorry the workout yesterday wasn't the strongest, but sometimes those days happen don't they???? Good for you for getting it all done this morning. I wish I would have gone ahead and done that too.

Hi ladies. Tonight will be a CC and CTX tris & chest since I didn't get my workout in last night. I feel awful, actually. I woke up on Saturday morning with a sore throat and it isn't getting any better. Last night I got home and changed into my workout clothes because even though I didn't feel well, I didn't feel bad enough to not workout. However, I decided to run to the grocery store first and by the time I got home, I was exhausted...strange. So maybe I've got more going on than just a sore throat...:confused:

Debbie - glad your hip flexor feels good and your ankle is ok. Think you are going to start with CC again?

Belinda - CCV8 is my nemisis...:mad: Is it really necessary to have two 8 minute treks?!?!?! Pure evil. One is more than sufficient...:eek: I LOVE LOVE LOVE challenge 3!!!

Nora - I've been thinking about you. I hope you are taking care of yourself.

Chris - are you keeping those boys busy now that school is out?

Hi to Heather, Jessica, Roxie & Jolene...:D

Debbie - I suck at music trivia btw. I had to look it up (yep, I cheated). Good job with your cardio. Why is it that ankle injuries seem to take forever to heal???

Roxie - I hear you on the heat. When I left work at 4 it was 99 with heat index of 102.

Jessica - hope you have a fun run Thurs (odd day for a 5K). Sorry the workout yesterday wasn't the strongest, but sometimes those days happen don't they???? Good for you for getting it all done this morning. I wish I would have gone ahead and done that too.

I know, I have to leave work early for the race too, weird to have a race on a Thurs night, but oh well. we both know how much I dislike work these days so any excuse to leave early works for me. HA! ;)

This is a random post, but fitting given that some of us here are not alltogether happy/satisfied with our jobs. And I can't stop thinking about it, so I'm sharing...

Last night DH and I were talking about my being unhappy with my job. Not really enjoying it anymore or feeling like I'm making a significant impact. So he asked me what I thought would be the perfect job for me given my interests, etc.

My response: a job where I could workout and read all day would be ideal!! Of course he laughed at me...:rolleyes:

I mean, c'mon, aren't there any companies out there that would be willing to pay me to do that?!?!? I would even take a pay-cut...:p

I'd take that job too!!! Let's form a company where we can all workout and read all day please.

This is a random post, but fitting given that some of us here are not alltogether happy/satisfied with our jobs. And I can't stop thinking about it, so I'm sharing...

Last night DH and I were talking about my being unhappy with my job. Not really enjoying it anymore or feeling like I'm making a significant impact. So he asked me what I thought would be the perfect job for me given my interests, etc.

My response: a job where I could workout and read all day would be ideal!! Of course he laughed at me...:rolleyes:

I mean, c'mon, aren't there any companies out there that would be willing to pay me to do that?!?!? I would even take a pay-cut...:p

Seriously ladies, I can't get the thought of "what's next" off my mind. It's awful - I am just totally unsatisfied and downright miserable at my job. I'm actually going out at lunch to meet up with the hubs who had a meeting near me at work because I need to shake it off or I'm going to be useless at work today. I just can't stand it and feel so stuck - I need a job, but this job is just NOT cutting it.

Sorry - just venting, carry-on -let's daydream some more about workout related jobs, shall we??

I feel the same way, Jessica. Every day I have this overwhelming urge to just GET OUTTA HERE!!! I can't possibly do this for the rest of my life, but I don't know what else to do...:confused:

My sister, sister-in-law, and mother have this little fantasy where the business spaces beside my SIL (who already owns her own hair salon) opens up and I open a nail salon on one side and my sister opens a tanning place on the other side (which actually she did own one up until a couple of years ago), and my mother be-bops between the three helping us out. And we would all be perfectly coiffed, tanned and have fab nails all the time!! Even though I'm not really interested in being tan and having fab nails, but it sounds like fun!!

Maybe I'd be better suited owning a coffee joint instead of a nail salon.

It's fantasies like this that get me through the day...;)

Last edited:
Nora - I'm glad to hear you are taking a few days off. Don't feel envious, just relax and take it easy. Your body needs it and is thanking you right now! I looked into those Michael Aero workouts and think I'm going to try the boxing one. Looks cool.

Belinda - My mom is doing GREAT! Thanks for asking. She is doing right now what she was doing about 5 weeks after her surgery last time. She's ready to come home. I'm hoping to hear from the rehab facility today to see when they will release her. Nice run today!!! Holy smokes. So I'm thinking your back is about back to normal?

Heather - Nice run today. It's moggy here too. Glad I turned my air on at home. It's very hard to breath when you walk outside.

Roxie - It's hot here too. Suppose to get up into the 90's today and tomorrow. I can't wait to see what August will be like. :eek: Hope you can get your A/C working. Not a good time of the year not to have it.

Jessica - Love those trisets too. Can't wait to get to M2!!! Nice job on your workouts. Where's your sis??? And you can vent anytime. I am in the same boat you're in. I hate my job and I just cannot seem to get out of this place.

Melissa - Hope you feel better, there is nothing worse then a summer cold. Yes, I'm hoping to try one of the half hour CC workouts next Tuesday. That's my plan. ;)

It sure seems like a lot of us hate our jobs. How sad, you know? It's where we spend at least 50% of our lives. Melissa, I love your idea on the salon, tanning and spa. I did nails a few years back and enjoyed it, but I could not build up a client base. Then 911 hit and that was all she wrote. :( I've also wanted to own a coffee shop. I think that combined with a bookstore would be awesome!!!

Nora - I'm glad to hear you are taking a few days off. Don't feel envious, just relax and take it easy. Your body needs it and is thanking you right now! I looked into those Michael Aero workouts and think I'm going to try the boxing one. Looks cool.

Belinda - My mom is doing GREAT! Thanks for asking. She is doing right now what she was doing about 5 weeks after her surgery last time. She's ready to come home. I'm hoping to hear from the rehab facility today to see when they will release her. Nice run today!!! Holy smokes. So I'm thinking your back is about back to normal?

Heather - Nice run today. It's moggy here too. Glad I turned my air on at home. It's very hard to breath when you walk outside.

Roxie - It's hot here too. Suppose to get up into the 90's today and tomorrow. I can't wait to see what August will be like. :eek: Hope you can get your A/C working. Not a good time of the year not to have it.

Jessica - Love those trisets too. Can't wait to get to M2!!! Nice job on your workouts. Where's your sis??? And you can vent anytime. I am in the same boat you're in. I hate my job and I just cannot seem to get out of this place.

Melissa - Hope you feel better, there is nothing worse then a summer cold. Yes, I'm hoping to try one of the half hour CC workouts next Tuesday. That's my plan. ;)

It sure seems like a lot of us hate our jobs. How sad, you know? It's where we spend at least 50% of our lives. Melissa, I love your idea on the salon, tanning and spa. I did nails a few years back and enjoyed it, but I could not build up a client base. Then 911 hit and that was all she wrote. :( I've also wanted to own a coffee shop. I think that combined with a bookstore would be awesome!!!

Debbie-love the idea of a coffee shop with a book store I wouldn't get much done. I would love to open a store that sells womens workout wear ranging from petite sizes on up just have no idea how to get started.

Wow, it really is kinda sad how many of us on this one thread really do dislike our jobs - and to Debbie's point, considering how much of our lives we spend at our jobs, its even worse to think about, huh?

I actually just went out to lunch with my husband (he's still laid-off) which was a nice reprieve but it seriously took ALL my energy not to have him drive me right back home again. LOL.

I'd also like to open a crochet/yarn store. Since crocheting is one of my passions, I'd love to own a cozy little store where I can display the things I've made, maybe sell them and also have all the yarns I can never find anywhere but online. I'm so sick to death of spending shipping charges on yarns. It's ridiculous. There are some really cute yarn boutiques on the east coast. I'd just love to go visit them someday. Maybe I could put a coffee shop section in it too. :D Women can crochet or knit while they enjoy an espresso.

I'd also like to open a crochet/yarn store. Since crocheting is one of my passions, I'd love to own a cozy little store where I can display the things I've made, maybe sell them and also have all the yarns I can never find anywhere but online. I'm so sick to death of spending shipping charges on yarns. It's ridiculous. There are some really cute yarn boutiques on the east coast. I'd just love to go visit them someday. Maybe I could put a coffee shop section in it too. :D Women can crochet or knit while they enjoy an espresso.

Debbie-sounds like you need to look into this idea its very well thought out.

What's crazy is that I think all of us have great ideas. So what is truly holding us back? Fear? Uncertainty? Money? Which of those can be overcome? Maybe find someone to go into business with as well.

I'd love to do something with fitness. I also love crafty, decor types of things. It'd be so cool (I think) to have one of those trendy decor shops that had some antiques, some handmade goodies, shabby chic, this and that (with a gym attached of course LOL).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.