CRAZY STRONG AND LOVING IT FOR JUNE 21, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I will do M1 D4 today. I ended up taking a rest day yesterday. DH and I walked the dogs.

Nora, please take it easy!

I will be back later. Work it, girls!

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is CLX Burn Circuit 1 and abs of some kind.

Belinda-enjoy your workout.

Nora-I am also hoping that you take it easy until you get your strength back. Your body needs a rest.

Hi ladies. Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I did legs then 2 combos from MMA Boxing:

Step ups
Calves
Alternating front lunges
Alternating plie squats
Deadlifts
Squats
Slide back lunges (paper plate STS fun)
Donkey kicks (with weight)

Today I will do biceps and back (probably at lunch) then after work I think I will do LIC cardio premix with abs or Athletic Step. Depends on how much tighter the legs get LOL.

Today was Meso 1, Week 4, Disc 10, Chest, Shoulders & Biceps. I have to say, I'm glad I'm done with the pushups in this series. They are getting OLD! And I'm glad I'm almost done with the endurance part of this rotation. I'm looking forward to Meso 2.

Pyramid Up Pushups - 4 reps - 4/4 cnt
Pyramid Up Pushups - 8 reps - 2/2 cnt
Pyramid Up Pushups - 16 reps - single cnt
***10 second rest between each pyramid set.
Superset Seated Lateral Raise & Seated Rear Flyes - 8's/10 reps for raises; 15's/10 reps for rear flyes
Standing Dumbbell Curl - 20's/10 reps
Standing Dumbbell Curl - 15's/10 reps
Standing Dumbbell Curl - 12's/10 reps
***10 second rest between each drop set. Should have used 17's for the 2nd set and 15's for the 3rd.
Incline Chest Flyes - 25's/15 reps
Seated Rear Flyes - 15's/15 reps
Bonus Band Pulls - Green band/15 3 cnt. reps
***These work the rotator cuff. They burn really bad!
Alternating Incline Curl w/Twist - 20's/15 reps
Pushups - Wide, Standard, Narrow - 18 total reps
***Start out with wide pushups, do 3 reps; go to standard pushups, 3 reps; go to narrow pushups, 3 reps. Then do narrow pushpus, 3 reps; standard pushups, 3 reps; wide pushups, 3 reps. Burner!
Incline Side Raise on Stability Ball - 6#/15 reps each side
***This really hurts my right shoulder. I can go a bit higher but risk injuring it again.
Seated Barbell Isolation Curls - 35#/15 reps
***Was surprised I could do this with 35#. I figured that might be too heavy. Probably could have gone heavier.
Chest Flyes on Stability Ball - 22's/15 reps
Lateral Side to Front Combo- 5's/8 reps
***Should have gone heavier but these catch up to you after about the 6th time through.
Incline Band Hammer Curls - Green band/32 reps
Core Pushups - Bootcamp Style - 16 reps
Seated Barbell Front Press 1.5's - 35#/12 reps
***Was surprised I could do this with 35#. Got hard with the last two reps.
Reverse Dumbbell Curl - 17's/16 reps
***These burned my forearms big time.
Stability Ball Pushups - 24 reps
***Started with ball on thights, did 8 reps; ball on shins, 8 reps; ball on toes, 8 reps.
Functional Overhead Press - 5's/7 reps
***Wanted to go heavier here but these catch up to you around rep 5.
Barbell Curls w/Band - 35# w/green band/15 reps
***These were really hard! I'm always afraid my band is going to snap.
Prone Pushups on Stability Ball - 20 reps
***First 4 reps were 4/4 count, rest were singles.
Seated Lateral Raise - High Ends - 6#/6 reps
***These burn like a mofo.
Alternating Seated Curls + Both Arms - 17's/16 reps then 8 reps with both arms
***Wow, this one I really felt. 17's about killed me.
Pushups - 21's
***Did 7 low ends on knees, 7 high ends on toes, 7 full on toes. By this point I was just done with pushups.
Standing Barbell Front Press - 37#/21's
***Did 7 low end reps, 7 high end reps, 7 full reps. Tough!
Narrow Grip Barbell Curl - 37#/21's
***Same as above.
Staggered Pushups - 16 reps
***8 with left hand up, right hand back, then switched and did 8 with right hand up, left hand back.
Standing Dumbbell Overhead Press - 15's/10 reps
Standing Dumbbell Overhead Press - 12's/10 reps
Standing Dumbbell Overhead Press - 10's/10 reps
***10 second rest between each drop set. Was burning by the end.
Preacher Curl on Stability Ball - 15's/15 reps
***Did these on my preacher bench. Don't like doing them on SB.

I'm glad this workout is over. No more pushups! Woo hoo!!!!

Morning ladies. Sorry I was MIA this weekend - I tried to stay off the computer as much as possible which did me good - plus, it was a busy weekend! To recap my weekend workouts - was supposed to do a long run on Sat but the hubs had a root canal on Fri night so he was down for the count Sat AM. I ended up doing Low max which I hadn't done in AGES and remembered I loved this workout best of all the step workouts. Went by pretty fast too considering the 70 min total that workout is. Sunday, though was awesome - we ran our longest yet, a little over 7 miles. The only downer was how freakin' thirsty I was halfway through, I was looking for any source of water by the end, hoses, sprinklers, you name it. LOL. But I was proud of myself when I was done - especially when I saw the 800 cal burn on the HR monitor, woot! Today we ran again - just over 4 miles, because its gorgeous out and I knew it'd be too hot to go tonight. Tonight I'll get my STS workout in and report back. Roxie will be happy to know I did my abs this morning after the run, like a good girl. ;)

Nora - So sorry to hear you're feeling so badly, please do listen to your body (and your fellow Cathletes!) and rest it up good, ok?

Heather - good luck with back/bi's at lunch! That's a good combo :)

Belinda - good luck with meso 1 today!

Roxie - get those abs in ;)

Debbie - holy push-ups in meso 1 huh? Glad to see you're nearing the end. I hear ya on meso 1, I think meso 2 is my favorite of all the cycles. Though they all have a purpose and I do love them all in their own way!

Hi Melissa, Chris, Jo (who's traveling for work the next two days so I doubt we'll see her on here)

Hello again,

I posted a question to you ladies Friday night I would appreciate it if you would all look at it. I did calf exercises and felt I could go heavier just don't know how much heavier, I listed the exercises and put the wts. I used. We had storms Saturday morning, Saturday night(sat outside drinking margarittas waiting for a severe thunderstorm to roll in), Sunday morning, Sunday night and this morning, its getting alittle old.

Jessica-proud of you for doing those abs. Awesome job on the run.

Debbie-great workout glad you are finished with pushups.

Heather-enjoy your workout today.

Hello again,

I posted a question to you ladies Friday night I would appreciate it if you would all look at it. I did calf exercises and felt I could go heavier just don't know how much heavier, I listed the exercises and put the wts. I used. We had storms Saturday morning, Saturday night(sat outside drinking margarittas waiting for a severe thunderstorm to roll in), Sunday morning, Sunday night and this morning, its getting alittle old.

Jessica-proud of you for doing those abs. Awesome job on the run.

Debbie-great workout glad you are finished with pushups.

Heather-enjoy your workout today.

Hmm I just went back and read your question, Roxie. Not sure I've ever done a lunge with a calf raise so my answer may be different than others. For regular calf raises, I usually go fairly heavy (for me) on those - somewhere around the 20 or 25 pound mark. Gets a good burn going, that's for sure. Not sure how helpful that is though if you're talking lunge/calf raise, specifically?

Happy Monday ladies...:( My weekend was awesome and didn't go by too fast, but I wish I had one more day...

Yesterday I did 4DS HIS and CTX Biceps. Bi's are nice and sore today but unfortunately, so is my heel from doing step...:mad:. Which means tonight will have to be a CC on my bike instead of kickbox. It's all good though. I will also be working triceps. My arms seem to be taking on a little bit of shape, so I think I'll continue with CTX for a few more weeks, eeking my weight up as I go. Heavy arms and thighs run in my family so any little shape I start seeing, makes me ecstatic. I refuse to settle for what is hereditary!!

I am so incredibly hungry today. I've been ready for lunch since 10:30!!

Happy Monday ladies...:( My weekend was awesome and didn't go by too fast, but I wish I had one more day...

Yesterday I did 4DS HIS and CTX Biceps. Bi's are nice and sore today but unfortunately, so is my heel from doing step...:mad:. Which means tonight will have to be a CC on my bike instead of kickbox. It's all good though. I will also be working triceps. My arms seem to be taking on a little bit of shape, so I think I'll continue with CTX for a few more weeks, eeking my weight up as I go. Heavy arms and thighs run in my family so any little shape I start seeing, makes me ecstatic. I refuse to settle for what is hereditary!!

I am so incredibly hungry today. I've been ready for lunch since 10:30!!

Totally with you on the hungry horrors today - I am dying! I just ate my lunch and am already ready for my afternoon snack (which I usually don't have until at least 3:30 or 4). It's gonna be a lonnng afternoon at this rate. So sad :(

On a better note - nice work on the workout! Awesome to hear you're battling those genes like a good Cathlete :)

Belinda - How did your workout go?

Roxie - Just up the weight for that exercise and see how far up you can go. I don't think we can tell you how heavy to go, you need to figure that your yourself. If 12's were too easy, go up to 15's or 20's and see how they feel. I can go real heavy with calf work, but lunges not so much. So you have to find a good in-between to work with the exercise.

Heather - What kind of rotation are you doing? How come you aren't posting weights? Just curious. Looks like a good combo of exercises you did for legs!

Jess - WOW! Nice job on the 7 mile run! Holy smokes girl! I am very impressed! I like both Meso 2 and 3 and looking forward to both cycles. :eek:

Melissa - Nice job with your workout this weekend! Sorry about your heel, that sucks. I love when my biceps get sore. Doesn't happen too often, though.

Nora - Yes, please rest up. I'd hate to hear you injured yourself because your body needs to rest. Give yourself a couple days and then come back all reenergized!!! {{{HUGS}}}

Hi ladies - back to report on biceps/back work.

Biceps:
Alternating curls - 20's
Cross-body curls - 15's (should have done 16)
Zottoman curls - 15's

Back:
Single-arm horizontal row - 25
Underhand DB rows - 30's
Double arm rows - 25's (did really slow count)

I'm thinking I will do LIC cardio premix with abs (probably only do combos 1-3) after work.

Belinda - how'd the workout go?

Debbie - awesome job! I was just being lazy about listing weights. Not really doing a set rotation. I just thought I'd try something different by working push muscles, legs, then pull muscles. Next week I may do the same and superset and try to increase the weights.

Jessica - good job getting the run done this morning (and yesterday's of course). I am determined to make myself get up early this week to run.

Melissa - so you're really liking the one muscle group split huh??

Roxie - hope you have a good workout. I agree with Debbie - you just have to figure it out through trial and error. I used to always underestimate, now I over estimate. Not sure which is better!!!

Chris - how are you today?

Nora - are you feeling any better?

Hi ladies - back to report on biceps/back work.

Biceps:
Alternating curls - 20's
Cross-body curls - 15's (should have done 16)
Zottoman curls - 15's

Back:
Single-arm horizontal row - 25
Underhand DB rows - 30's
Double arm rows - 25's (did really slow count)

I'm thinking I will do LIC cardio premix with abs (probably only do combos 1-3) after work.

Debbie - awesome job! I was just being lazy about listing weights. Not really doing a set rotation. I just thought I'd try something different by working push muscles, legs, then pull muscles. Next week I may do the same and superset and try to increase the weights.

Ah, well you are doing a great job!!! Looks like a pretty fun rotation! Nice weights, too! :cool:

Great, impressive, inspiring workouts, ladies!!!

Today is the last day of school! 1/2 day! 2 of my boys went to parties after schoo. My oldest apparently didn't fail, they gave him a "diploma" of sorts saying he graduated from 8th grade in a awards ceremony this morning. I would have loved to go, but I could have puked from being so tired (and Imight have at the ceremony!). ..... Dh went though.

Better go get started on my workout. This week I'm planning on doing 4DS, but with 2 days of extra cardio. And I might switch up on the cardio on weight day too. Today I think I'm going to do AS, and then the weights from LIS, Shoulders Core and calf!

Thanks Debbie - trying to up my distance slowly but surely, that half marathon will be here before I know it. Eek.

Chris - hang in there, wanting to throw up from lack of sleep sounds AWFUL!!!

Heather - great job on those weights!

Good Evening,

Tonite I did Burn Circuit 1 and Turbo Jam Ab Jam Standing.

Sumo Squat w/ Hip Lift-12lbs/12 reps (up 2lbs).
Lunge w/ Posterior Fly-8lbs/12 reps both legs.
Push-upsw/ Leg Lift-12 reps.
Dead Lift w/ Posterior Fly-8lbs/10 reps need to go back to 5's.
Lunge w/ Core Rotation-12lbs/12 reps both sides (up 2lbs).
Bench Press & Leg Lower-12lbs/12 reps (up 2lbs).
Squat w/ Side Bend-12lbs/12 reps.
Fwd-Lean Lunge w/ Posterior Fly-8lbs/11 reps need to go back to 5's just not strong in the posterior area.
Chest Fly w/ Hip Lift-10lbs/12 reps.

Stats:
37 min
17 in the zone
121 min hr
154 max hr
188 cals burned.

Ab Jam:
9 min
6 in the zone
128 min hr
153 max hr
52 cals burned.

;)Hi girls!;):)

I just finished typing my personals and clicked submit and they're gone. :(
So, I'll just summarize them. I didn't workout yesterday or today, so I rested. Not sure about resting tomorrow or not have to wait and see. I just received two new workouts Aero Jump/Sculpt by Michale Olajide Jr, and Aero Barre. Both look great and I love boxing or anything kickboxing so this should be fun and I do have fun with ballet and dance as well.

I'll be brief and say that Debbie, Heather, Jessica and Melissa, you all kick butt in your workouts, so ^5's:):eek: I'm feeling envious since I had to have some rest days. Not sure if I can hold off on working out until my Turbo Fire basic arrives, or not we'll see.

Belinda- Your as bad as me about not working out and rest days. LOL!! Nice workout for you rest day, give your doggies a pat for me.

Roxie- good job on your workout, CLX sounds interesting, and yes abs are a necessary evil, I just wish I didn't have to kill myself to try and get them. LOL!!

Chris- have fun with the kiddo's and hang in there. Nice workout you have on tap, that sounds like a keeper to me WTG!

Thanks for everyone's well wishes, I think I'm just having either an MS relapse or a major bought of MS fatigue, not fun. Oh well, I can still crave new exercise dvds though.:p

Hugs to everyone!;):)

Nora

Good evening,

Roxie - your wo lately looking good, girl! Nice job! I never done a lunge with a calf raise, sorry! Need to google that one!

Jessica - when is your half marathon? Do you have a training schedule? Nice job today.

Heather - great job on those weights and LIC today. You go, girl!

Cris - sorry to you are not feeling well. Hope you taking it easy, get some sleep! Congrats on your son graduating from 8th grade!

Melissa - awesome job on your workout today. Glad you like one body part a day wo. Enjoy your CC on my bike or kickbox tonight.

Debbie - wtg on your weights today. How is your mom doing?

Nora - how are you today? You and I posted at the same time (for you it's late at night and for me it's 6:20 AM)! You are a nut, LOL! Please, don't overdue it! Nice job on that wo today.

Good night, everyone!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.