Crazy Strong and Loving It for Jun 3, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning,

I just finished CCV1 + CCV 4 challenge 1. :p:p It was very windy outside today, made it hard to run. I burned 550 cal. My HR was normal again. last time I ran my HR went up like crazy.

Off to the shower and then take the dogs for a walk:D

Have a great day and workout!

Good morning ladies. I just got done doing Plyo Legs Disc 32 and I am pumped! I LOVE doing Plyo legs even though I kind of sucked at some of those moves today. Those one legged squat thrusts were killer and my leg with the bad calf just would not cooperate. But I got through it and even went back and did 2 of the moves because I wasn't happy with how well I did on them.

Chris-next week is my last week of STS and I feel like I should celebrate or something! Did you feel that way? I thought about ordering the STS tshirt but I don't really like it all that well. How are you feeling today? Hopefully you got a better night's sleep last night.

Patti-don't beat yourself up because you are worn out from doing a 6 month rotation. I got so tired at times during STS that I fell asleep while I'm eating my lunch for heaven's sake!!! I think 6 months is a long time to give to one rotation. As much as I have loved it, I don't think I could do it for 6 months. I have so many other workouts that I have been missing and it seems like you enjoy variety. Why don't you wait and do it as a 3 month rotation when the STS cardio comes out? Plus you do NOT want to be exhausted when you go on the RT!

Well ladies, time for me to hit the shower. I have a book club meeting this morning. I'm so wound up from doing Plyo legs that I might have a hard time sitting through it! lol

Be back later.

Bev

This morning was supersetting Biceps and Triceps. Felt very strong this morning so went balls to the wall with weight plus I added one more set to each superset. I know, I know, I can't debulk while lifting heavy. I can't help it, it's an obsession I tell you! Had an excellent workout.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

45 second rest between each superset.

BICEPS/TRICEPS
SS #1
EZ Preacher Curls:
55# - 8/8/8/8
superset w/
Close Grip Barbell Press:
85# - 8/8/8/8
***Wow, by the last set I was pushing it. Good weights here.

SS #2
Hammer Curls w/Twist:
21's - 10/10/10/10
superset w/
Lying Barbell Extensions:
50# - 10/10/10/10
***Last set was a struggle. Felt good, though!

SS #3
Reverse Dumbbell Curls:
16's - 12/12/12/12
superset w/
Weighted Bench Dips:
55# - 12/12/12/12
***Could have gone heavier with the curls but the bench dips got me. Last set was a burner.

Added:
Concentration Curls:
No superset
25# - 10/10/10
15# - 15/15
***Just wanted to add this in. Need to do these more to get my bicep peak back. Rested for about 45 seconds between each set.

That is all....

This morning was Drill Max! I haven't done this one in a long time. Usually during STS it was one of the premixes. I am dead. I burned 530 calories and was so sweaty at the end of it all. I swear she never lets up on that one! I almost didn't get up to do it this morning either. I knew it was going to be hard and for the last 3 days I have been coming home from work with the worst neck aches which lead to headaches. I wanted to sleep in a extra hour but pulled my butt out of bed in the end. Such commitment.

Great workouts so far everyone!

Bev - I wasn't the greatest at those one legged squat thrusts either. It seemed I would do alright on one side and then the other side I struggled with.

Good Morning,

Tonite is Lean Circuit 2 and I saw on my guide book that I have to do a single arm row in the plank position 1) I don't think this sounds safe, 2) I see back pain coming on. I am going to buy and air popcorn popper and I was wondering what you guys use to season you popcorn?

Belinda-good job with your workout today.'

Bev-I think after finishing sts you would deserve some kind of celebration.

Debbie-awesome workout as always.

Hey everyone!...

I've yet to do my workout, but it's going to be LIC. I have a dentist appt (cleaning) this morning I have to get out of the way. Too bad, since I know a workout would clear my head. Not as bad, but still some sinus pain/pressure. And I just feel exhausted. :confused:

Belinda: WOW! you did a CC? good for you! I think I might try to do one Thursday at the park... Have fun with your doogies!

Bev: I did feel accomplished finishing STS. But I also felt a bit of sadness. It was weird. I got over it pretty quickly, though. This Circuit City Rotation is really fun!! I love revisiting these workouts! I also learned to "like" Plyo Legs too. Fuggetabout the one legged thrusts!! :eek:

Karen: I had DM on Monday's schedule, but had to bump it to Friday. I just felt horrible on Monday. I'm glad I did, from what you are saying about it! LOL!

Debbie: you are funny with pushing the weights. Old habits are hard to break! You really did push it too!!

Roxie: Be careful with those rows! They do sound hard/dangerous. Maybe she gives alternate moves to do? ... I love my air popper! I spray my popcorn with Pam Butter Spray and then put Molly McButter Cheese Sprinkles on it! YUM!!!!

Patti: I can so see how you could be burned out on STS doing the 6 month rotation. I was ready after each Meso to change with the 3 month! i agree, I think you should at this point, move on to something else (Circuit City is a blast!!) and restart with STS Cardio in the Fall . OR..just move on to Meso 3. Meso 3 is very different , BIG weights, only 6-8 reps! AND Plyo Legs!...

Okay, better go brush my chompers to look pretty for the dentist...

AWESOME recipe I made yesterday. My boys LOVED them!!

Lasagna roll-ups
Servings | 36

Ingredients

15 oz.part skim ricotta cheese
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach
5 cloves of garlic
2 large cans of Hunt's spaghetti sauce (I used Chunky Vegetable Hunt's Sauce... SOO good!)
1 chicken boullion cube
3/4 cup of Fat Free Shredded Mozarella Cheese
18 lasagna noodles (not the no cook ones)

Instructions

**Defrost the spinach under warm/hot water
**Also, I would break the noodles AFTER cooking!

mix the ricotta cheese, spinach, and garlic and set aside. break each dry lasagna noodle in half (to make to short pieces) and cook in salted water. In a saucepan, place the cans of sauce and boullion and any spices to taste and just heat through. when noodles are cooked and cooled, roll one tablespoon of cheese mixture into each noodle half. Place roll-ups in lasagna pan sprayed with pam. Pour heated sauce over them and then the shredded cheese. Bake in the oven at 350 until heated through (like you would lasagna).

Nutritional Info:

Per Roll Up:

Calories: 86
Fat: 1.5g
Carb: 14g
Protein: 4.5g
Fiber: 1.6

Can someone tell me a good site to log the ingred of a recipe and get the nutrional breakdown of the whole thing? I fixed a mexican taco skillet that used turkey instead of hamb. and bake tostitos chips and lowfat cheese. also had picante sauce and tomatoe sauce and macaroni.

Checking in -

Since looking back at our Dec/Jan rotations, I decided to do some 4DS and split up the body parts again. And I really like the one body part/day. Thanks Debbie! I think I'll do the current rotation next month to switch back to endurance.
So, to catch up...
Saturday : 4DS chest/back plus HISM2 abs (Tracey)
Sunday : IMAX 2 (who doesn't love this?)
Monday : 4DS bi/tri plus 25 min/2miles on TM
Tuesday : B&G #4 floorwork & abs (guidebook says 50min, the disc says 60 - it was 60!)
Wednesday : 4DS LIS step/calves/shoulders (no core) plus quads(leg ext)

I had thought Sat would be a rest day, but I've plowed through. I keep thinking "I might not get to work out tomorrow, so I'd better lift today". Tomorrow is a zoo field trip all day with the 1st graders. So, I'm guessing tomorrow will be my rest day...

Roxie, I have no idea how to find that info for foods. That is why I'm so lame with figuring out macros, grams, etc. I just follow recipes that already provide that info. And even then, I don't add things up throughout the day. That'll be my next step...maybe. But go for it!

Chris, I hope your head is better. I'm sorry for anyone that has to suffer through that!

Belinda, I see you've been just working out like good ol' days! Good for you!

Debbie, good for you for pushing yourself. It's quite a conundrum for you though, not particularly liking your visual results, but loving the work! (I bet you look GREAT!)

Patti, Bev...I blathered on long enough, and I think you guys are having good workouts and feeling well, yes? Patti, I loved the reference to SpongeBob the other day! Hilarious! I was thinking after a good feeding, I feel more like Patrick, just sitting there with a glazed look on his face....in a drooling stupor.

All righty...good times...

FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Whipped Vanilla BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Zucchini Lasagna ; Peach
M5: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese w/ 2 tbsp. Low Sugar Strawberry jam
M6: Parmesan Talapia; cukes, tomatoes & onions w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake

1437 calories
41 g. fat - 26%
138 g. protein - 38%
135 g. carbs - 38%

Same amount of calories as yesterday but it's amazing how one piece of fruit can up your carbs. I don't care, though, I love fruit.

Got my teeth cleaned, did LIC (phsewww! that's endurance!), and saw my younger 2 boys' concert at school!

Seems like the day has flown by...

Roxie: Sparkpeople is an awesome sight you can enter a recipe and get the nutrient counts. You have to sign up , of course, and it does take a little bit of work if the ingredients aren't in their data base (but they have TONS in it!). I actually started logging in my food there, to see where my calories/fat/carbs were falling.

okay, so I found Tom Venturo's calorie calculator on how many calories to eat a day, online. And I put in my numbers. I'm in shock that it says to LOSE weight, I should eat 2035-2162 calories. Could that BE right? I've been aiming for 1350-1550!! What do you guys think?

Wendy: I know JUST what you mean about thinking you might end up not getting in a workout aNOTHER day, and pushing it on your rest day. I do that all the time! ...Thanks , I know my head /sinus pain probably isn't even near what Belinda went through! I think of her whenever I get those horrible headaches, and realize she had to deal with them constantly! :confused: But it still bugs me when I have them. I feel like crap.

Here are my eats so far today:

Brkfst-rainforest cereal, grapefruit
Am snack-almonds and a banana
Lunch-pb sand and carrots
Pm snack-cherry tomatoes, apple and cheese stick
Supper-chicken noodle casserole made lowfat.
Late snack after workout-syntha 6 protein powder and fatfree milk.

Good afternoon ladies!:)

Wow! I see you guys have been doing some awesome workouts today, WTG and high fives all a round!!:D

Here's my workout for today:

KCM-Cardio Kick Stepboxing- Horizontal Mix= 47:30 This includes some ABs.
Calories burned= 519

I'm doing Cathe's June '09 Rotation- STS Disc#3- Back & Triceps= 56 min
Calories burned= 459

I had to go lighter in weight because of the number of reps. I find myself wanting to go heavier but not able to as many reps in Meso 1.

Roxie- LOL!! I go to bed around 3am, get up at 6:30 am to get kids ready to take to school. Go back home and go back to bed, then get up at 10am and workout. Remember, I'm on the west coast so my time is off from yours. I don't work being as I am a stay at home mom. So, my workout times can vary depending on what errands or appointments etc...I pretty much try to keep to that schedule, I workout 6 days a week.

Debbie- I had a question you mentioned yesterday that its not good to do abs everyday, I was wondering why? I do them every workout day. How often should I be doing them? I appreciate your advice on this.

Belinda- Good for you doing Cardio Coach today!! BRAVO!! Don't ya just feel awesome after doing Cardio Coach, I love his workouts. I hope your breathing better and no more problems.

Ok, I'm off to eat my breakfast I'm starving!

Hugs!;):)

Nora

Tonites workout stats:

Sumo Squat with Anterior Deltoid Lift-10lbs/12reps then 3 slow sumo squats
Double Arm Row with Single Leg Lift-12lbs/6reps each leg then 3 slow rows
Single Hamstring Curls with Lateral Leg Raise-8lbs/6reps each leg (these were awkward couldn't hold my balance.)
Runners Lunge with Double Arm Row-12lbs/12reps each leg
Lateral Raise with Abduction-8lbs/10reps 3 lateral slow couldn't do more than 10.
Plank with Single Arm Row-8lbs/22reps 3 pushups
Reverse Lunge with Lateral Raise-8lbs/20reps need to go down 5lbs these hurt my shoulder
Posterior Deltoid Raise with Leg Lift-5lbs/24reps on your hand an knees for these.
Squat with Double Arm Anterior Delt Lift-5lbs/10reps these hurt my shoulder.

36min
30 in the zone
136 min hr
175 max hr
226 cals burned.

Hip Hop Abs
5min
4 in the zone
158 min hr
175 max hr
40 cals burned.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.