Crazy Strong and Loving It for Jun 16, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning,

I will do cardio and legs today:D I will be back for personals!

Have a great day and workout!

I'm taking a unexpected rest day today. I was way too tired after work yesterday and I needed some extra sleep - so I took it! I've got my running shoes on though today so I'm sure I will be getting a workout at work in the end.

Today is DH and I's 2nd Anniversary!

Was going to do Imax 2 1-5 this am but I didn't get hardly any sleep we lost power last nite due to a T-Storm right after I finished working out and it just came back on 10mins ago and it stormed all nite. My mom is going to be here tonite and she doesn't understand my need to exercise so I will probably just take my scheduled rest day. She goes to my sisters tomarrow. Here are my stats from last nite:

Bicep Curl with Calf Raise-12lbs/24reps up 2lbs
Triceps Push-Up on knees-12reps
Split Lunge with Bicep Curl-12lbs/12reps
Tricep Extension in Runners Lunge-8lbs/12reps
Biceps Curl with Hamstring Curl-12lbs/24 reps
Plank with Tricep Extension on knees-10lbs/24reps
Reverse Runners Lunge with Double Bicep Curl-10lbs/12reps
Supine Tricep Hover-12lbs/12reps
Sumo Squat Calf Raise wtih Biceps Curl-12lbs/12reps up 2lbs

42min
25 in the zone
129 min hr
171 max hr
238 cals burned.

Well today was another new kickboxing workout. It was Amy Bento's "In the Ring". OMG, what a fun workout. Her moves are a little too fast for me and there are some I couldn't get, but I know the more I do it, the easier it will get. I was bummed because Interval 4 didn't work on the DVD. It froze. I'll have to re-rent it and rip it again. It's worth it, I really liked this one. I think this one is better then Kimberly Spreens. I'm going to try and get her "Kickbox Surge" too. I had a couple other step workouts from Amy and didn't care for her at all. Her cueing sucked. But she's really cool in this one and easy to follow (most of it.)

HR STATS
57 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
27 minutes in zone
27 minutes above zone
472 calories burned

I was surprised to see my HR got up to 151 at one point. It didn't feel like it.

Good morning. I did Kelly Coffey-Meyer kickboxing this morning for the first time. Didn't love it but it was fun to do something different. I have a tendency to not like workouts the first few times that I do them. I'm also going to do Mow Max today so I'm sure I will be sweating for at least an hour doing that!

Debbie-I have Amy's Kickbox Surge and it's fun be she's got some tough moves in there!

Roxie-I hope you sleep better tonight. Nothing is more draining than trying to work out when you haven't slept well the night before!

Karen-Happy 2nd Anniversary!!!! Are you doing anything special tonight?

Belinda-Hope you had a good cardio and leg workout today.

Patti-before you know it you will be flying to Philly for the RT. I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Nora-Yep I still love TaeBo. I lost 50 lbs doing it 10 years ago and then got to be in one of the infomercials so Billy will always have a special place in my heart.

Wendy-great workouts as usual.

Chris-how is your son doing? Did they find out what is wrong? He is in my prayers!!!

Have a good day.

Bev

Morning! I did STS Disc #7- chest, shoulders and biceps today and it was terrific! I felt so strong and even upped my weights on a few exercises. Yay!

Debbie: I love Amy's kickbox workouts. You will adore her newest CIA one- I think it is a must have. :)

Bev: Hang in there on the KCM KB workouts- I don't adore them but I like them for a quick 30 minute cardio that gets me sweaty but has no dread factor.

Karen: Congratulations! We are almost 11 years this August- it goes by fast. :)

Roxie: No one gets my need to workout but I just tell them it's my hobby and to deal. :p

Chris: How is your son today? Better I hope.

Must run, lots to do.

Debbie: Yep- it is called Kickbox Surge and Core Training. I think it is my favorite of her kickbox DVDs.

Hey everyone..

Not sure I'll get a workout in today. Thanks for asking and all the good thoughts for my son. But he's very ill. He tested positive for Type A Influenza, and needs to be "isolated" for 7 days, so is missing out on the last week of school. I guess Swine Flue is a STRAIN of Type A, and they won't know for sure if it's Swine until the cultures grow some more.

Either way he's very ill. He has high high fevers and unfortunately threw up his breakfast this morning. AND the Tamiflu. ...And also has diabetes and is on an insulin pump, so that complicates things MUCH further.

All this worrying and doctor calling should burn calories!!

It's good to read about your workouts though, and maybe if I can get him settled, I'll do a 30 minutes of some cardio. it will help my mind...

Chris- sorry to hear about your son there are 23 cases of the swine flu here in Manhattan, Ks. Have you bought masks yet the ones you want are N23s we sold a bunch to the school.

FOODS FOR TODAY

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Whipped Vanilla BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Turkey patty on 1 slice whole wheat bread w/1 thin slice provolone & avacado
M5: 1/2 LF cottage cheese w/ 2 tbsp. low sugar grape jam
M6: Cashew Butter Chicken Stew; cukes, tomatoes & onions w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1541 calories
59 g. fat - 34%
135 g. protein - 35%
128 g. carbs - 33%

Hi girls,

I did S&H legs today:rolleyes: I was playing around with skype. com all day long, couldn't figure out my webcam:eek: I can see my DD but she can't see me:eek: I am gonna pull my hair out!

Patti Oh! Did I eat at the marriage retread! Great job with disc 35 yesterday and your chest, shoulders and biceps wo today.

Bev great job with TaeBo yesterday. I don’t remember the last time I pulled that one out? LOL! WTG on Kelly Coffey-Meyer kickboxing this morning.

Karen I hate leg presses! Nice job with ME yesterday. Enjoy your rest day today.

Debbie like always I am impressed with your weights! WTG! Have fun with your kidden. LOL about the name. I forgot how thought CCV5 was, lol! I have to check Amy's workouts out, glad you had fun today. Thanks for the info.

Rockie hope you enjoyed Lean Circuit yesterday? Have fun with IMAX today. Sorry you couldn’t sleep last night,

Chris I will keep your son in my prayers! (((HUGS))) High fives, on the Viper! I still haven’t done that one.LOL! You go, girl!

Nora high fives on your workouts yesterday. I love Cardio Coach, lol! I am glad I can take him with me, lol!

Wendy have fun with your workout today.

I will be back tomorrow! Good night!

Thanks everyone...

My son is FINALLY doing better. I thought I was one step away from taking him into the hospital, and I truly WANTED to , because it felt like he was going to spiral out of control. But he bounced back, ate lunch, did NOT throw up, sugar is a bit better too. Phsewwww!!!!

I did buy masks, but just basic surgical masks, Roxie. It says they trap 99,9% of bacteria. I also have Cal-stat hand sanitizer in his room! AND the bleach bottle out!! I'm a little crazy with this, but i do NOT want anyone else to get sick. Esp. since we're supposed to leave on vacation next week....

As for me, I was a total slug. I baked HEALTHY banana muffins, and then sat on the couch and watched (DVR'd) The bachelorette, and ate junk. NOT the healthy muffins... *sigh*

Now I feel sluggish and icky. And I know if I had worked out, i would have felt better !!!! DOH! right?

Why are we so stupid sometimes when we know better???

Maybe I can find a nice veggie soup to make for supper.....

Checking in -

This morning I did my HIIT on the treadmill and 200 walking lunges. 26 min/161 calories. Yesterday I did 4DS chest and back and a SM segment. And I think the day before I did KM leg conditioning drills (I'm STILL feeling it!) along with 4DS calves/shoulders/core.

Chris, I'm glad to hear your son has had a good afternoon. I hope he continues to improve and NO ONE ELSE gets sick!! And right before vacation, too!
Patti, my husband and I will celebrate 11 years in August, too. The 15th. We had no 7 year itch, but I tell you...this 11th year is the toughest!!!
Debbie, enjoy your kitty - how fun!

We're having dinner with my father tonight. He's home on R&R from Iraq. Civilian contractor. He goes back on Saturday. We're having ribs. Needless to say, I'm going to bring a protein bar and practice my self control - except for the wine!
Enjoy your evening, ladies!

Hi girls~;)

I'm sadly checking in late today, sorry about that.

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Vol. 3= 45 minutes plus afterward I jogged to 1 song "Supermassive Black Hole," by Muse, and power walked during Coaches notes= 51 minutes total workout length.
Distance= 4.0 Miles
Calories burned= 627
This was a really fun workout for me. I wanted to aim for 3.5 miles as my goal but I just had to push it to 4.0 Miles. I'm glad I did. I had some really great PB's HR wise. I kept my HR in the zone most all of the workout except for Warm up, Cool down, and stretch= approx. 30 min plus I exercised 7minutes additionally so that kept my HR Up and in the range. My HR seemed to stay in the 80% to 87% of Max Heart rate. I was really happy with that!

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 2= 27 minutes
Calories burned= 258
this is a great short workout that is a circuit workout, and it really makes me sweat buckets, good stuff!

STS-Ab Circuits-Med ball abs= 10 min
Calories burned=61

I love Med ball abs!!!

Ok, that's it for me today!

Chris- I hope your son is feeling better!

WTG on workouts today~! You ladies all rock in my book!!!:);)

Have a great evening and seeya at tomorrow's check in.

Hugs!:)
Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.