CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR JULY 16, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I ended up taking a rest day yesterday:eek:

Not sure what I will do today?

Awesome job yesterday, Ladies!

Have a great Friday and workout. BBL!

This morning I got up and did chest/back and 3 combos from KPC. I am so glad to have that done and over with while it was still semi-cool. Our AC is just not able to keep up with the 109 heat index (upstairs unit where my "gym" is).

I did drop sets of 4 x 8 again and tried to go heavier.

Pullovers - 30, 28, 25, 23
Single-arm rows (all right side then all left side) - 35, 31.5, 30, 26.5
Single-arm horizontal rows (all right side then all left side) - 31.5, 30, 26.5, 25

Incline chest flyes - 26.5, 25, 21.5, 20
Incline dumbbell chest press - 35, 31.5, 30, 26.5
Flat bench dumbbell chest press - 35, 31.5, 30, 26.5 (failed at 7 on 2nd set, failed at 6 on 3rd set)

It was a pretty good workout but my left elbow just wanted to totally give out on the presses. It doesn't hurt, it just feels totally weak and wants to buckle. Thank goodness DH spotted me on those (poor bleary-eyed boy).

Hope everyone's day is off to a good start - I mean, it is Friday after all!!!!

Heather - YIKES on that heat index!! Good for you getting up early and getting your workout done. You are pumpin' some serious iron there, girl!!!

Belinda - have a great weekend!

I ended up sleeping in a little this morning. It felt so good. I'm going to regret later though when it's 90+ degrees out...:confused:

Got a good bi's & tri's workout in last night. DD sat and watched me the entire time. It was a little distracting. She kept asking me if I was okay because I kept making weird faces!!! I increased all of my weights last night so I was a-strugglin'!!!

My lats are on fire these past couple of days. I think it's from using those 1lb gloves during 4DS KB on Wednesday night. Me likey...:D

Good job increasing the weights. When I first started using the gloves for KB workouts, my back was always sore too. Amazing what 1lb can do!

Heather - YIKES on that heat index!! Good for you getting up early and getting your workout done. You are pumpin' some serious iron there, girl!!!

Belinda - have a great weekend!

I ended up sleeping in a little this morning. It felt so good. I'm going to regret later though when it's 90+ degrees out...:confused:

Got a good bi's & tri's workout in last night. DD sat and watched me the entire time. It was a little distracting. She kept asking me if I was okay because I kept making weird faces!!! I increased all of my weights last night so I was a-strugglin'!!!

My lats are on fire these past couple of days. I think it's from using those 1lb gloves during 4DS KB on Wednesday night. Me likey...:D

Well ladies...it happened, I ended up with TWO rest days this week. Insert cry face here :( I was so intent on getting home last night from work and doing butts & guts since I was so SPENT yesterday morning and just couldn't face an early AM workout. Well, I didn't get home from work until almost 7 and still had to clean the house, pack for vacation and care for a hubby who just got the second part of his root canal done (great timing, huh?). So needless to say, time ran out before I knew it, hence no butts & guts. :( I was so intent on getting more weights in that I told myself I'd get up at 4:30 today and do a weight workout before spinning but when that time rolled around, I was so tired AND my shoulder was acting up again so I reset the alarm and slept another hour before going to an awesome ride class, so all was not lost (and I did abs after at home, see Roxie!). But of course, now I sit here kicking myself for the two rest days (the other one was last Sunday after that LONG run on Sat). Boo hoo. I know it's not the end of the world by ANY stretch but still..you know me and rest days. ;)

Anyway...thanks for letting me vent, on to personals!

Heather - rock and roll on those weights! You are fierce, girl!

Melissa - nice work on your workouts too, those gloves sneak up on you!!

Belinda - enjoy your rest day :)

Hi to Chris, Nora, Roxie and Jo!

I'm off for vacation just a few hours and can't wait! I'll try to check in once more but if not, I'll talk to ya'll next week!!!

Jessica - LIFE HAPPENS...so don't beat yourself up (even though I know you will...;)). Enjoy your vacation!!!

And feel good about what you accomplished today: Ride and abs!!! Roxie will be so proud of you...

Last edited:
Good job increasing the weights. When I first started using the gloves for KB workouts, my back was always sore too. Amazing what 1lb can do!

It is quite amazing what 1 little lb can do!! I think they made me focus on my form more, too. I was much more controlled in my punches because it felt so odd to have the weight on my hand.

THANK YOU for that slap of reality - you're right. I'm just being a dope about it as usual ;)

Jessica - LIFE HAPPENS...so don't beat yourself up (even though I know you will...;)). Enjoy your vacation!!!

And feel good about what you accomplished today: Ride and abs!!! Roxie will be so proud of you...

Good Evening,

No workouts for me the last two days but I did do alot of walking. Yesterday we mall walked alot and then today we spent 3 hours at the Omaha Zoo in the heat. I highly recommend this zoo to everyone even if you don't have kids. Tomarrow I have to go to MILs and move some of her s**t down here for a garage sale but I will try to do a workout later.

Jessica-GREAT JOB GETTING THOSE ABS DONE. Have fun on your vacation I have enjoyed mine and I hate to go back to work Monday.

Hi girls!

Happy Friday everyone!;) I tried to post personals last night but I accidentally hit CTRL key and it erased it 3X!!! I was so bummed and my hands weren't working too well so I gave up.

I'll just check in now I'm about to watch a movie so I'll just do the check in only tonight and skip the personals. Hopefully, I'll be back on track tomorrow for check in's and personals.

Here's today's workout:

Turbo Fire- Fire 45 EZ Class= 47 Min
Calories burned= 578
MET Value= 9.0

Turbo Fire- Stretch 10 Class= 13 Min
Calories burned= 35
Met Value= 2.0

STS D6 M1 W2- Legs= 56 Min
Calories burned= 459

Still lovin' Turbo Fire and STS!! I can't wait for the Advanced Turbo Fire dvds to get here. I hope everyone had a great workout today and are enjoying a great Friday.

Hugs!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.