Crazy Strong & Loving it for July 14, 2010

hriacobacci

Cathlete
Hi ladies. I think I am going to do bi/tri/shoulders after work. My legs are pretty sore from weights Mon and the 5-miler yesterday. I did soak in Epsom salt last night and massaged my muscles. They aren't as bad as I thought they might be, but definitely no step, no running, no HIIT for me!

Happy Hump Day!

Today was STS Meso 2, Week 2, Disc 17, Legs. Had a great workout. Almost puke status. My legs were screaming at me by the end.

Today was Trisets. Love this workout!

TRISET #1:
Narrow Stance Squats - 30's/10 reps
45 Degree Lunge - 20's/10 reps each leg
One-Leg Sit & Slides - 12#/10 reps each leg
***Rested 1 minute and then repeated two more times.

TRISET #2:
Static Lunges - 20's/10 reps each leg
Plie Squats Alternating Hand - 35#/10 reps
One-Leg Slide Back Lunges - 12's/10 reps each leg
***Rested 1 minute and then repeated two more times.

TRISET #3:
Wide Stance Squats - 30's/10 reps
One-Leg Elevated Lunge (BSS) - 15#/10 reps each leg
Wide Stance Deadlifts - 25's/10 reps
***Rested 1 minute and then repeated two more times. At this point by the 3rd set I was really tired. My legs were burning.

The I did the calf work from Gym Style. Love those. Also did the stretch.

Hi Heather, Debbie & all that follow...:)

Tonight is KPC & 4DS Legs. I might give 4DS KB a whirl, but I really love KPC. Last night I did 4DS Chest & Back and Athletic Step. It was alot of fun!!

I got home last night and vented to DH about my horrendous work-day. At the end of my rant he said "you need a good sweat. Go downstairs and don't come back up until you are in a better mood!!" So I did...:D

I love how a good sweaty workout makes me so happy!!!

Enjoy your workout tonight. That's too funny about DH's advice!

Hi Heather, Debbie & all that follow...:)

Tonight is KPC & 4DS Legs. I might give 4DS KB a whirl, but I really love KPC. Last night I did 4DS Chest & Back and Athletic Step. It was alot of fun!!

I got home last night and vented to DH about my horrendous work-day. At the end of my rant he said "you need a good sweat. Go downstairs and don't come back up until you are in a better mood!!" So I did...:D

I love how a good sweaty workout makes me so happy!!!

Good Afternoon,

This morning I did Push Circuit 2 and it made me alittle sweaty. I want to do some cardio later but it is 96 degrees with a heat index of 109 degrees really makes you not want to do anything even indoors. I won't be on for the next 2 days DH and I are going out of town we will be home late Friday. DH bought a bike so he says we are going riding together I will believe that when I see it.

Standard Overhead Press-12lbs/8 reps (up 2lbs).
Single Leg Lunge-15lbs/8 reps (up 3lbs).
Reverse Fly-8lbs/ 8 reps just can't go heavy on these.
Arnold Press-10lbs/ 8 reps.
Single Leg Dead Lift-15lbs/8 reps both legs.
Bent Over Lateral Raise-8lbs/8 reps (went down 2lbs because they hurt my back last time).
Frontal Press-12lbs/8 reps (up 2lbs).
Single Leg Tap Lunges-15lbs/8 reps both legs (up 3lbs).
Lateral Deltoid Raise-8lbs/8 reps.

Stats:
35 min
29 in the zone
134 min hr
162 max hr
214 cals burned.

Debbie-nice workout.

Heather-take it easy on those legs.

Melissa-your DH is funny.

Last edited:
Hi girls!;)

I did try to come on last night and do personals but the site was down.:( Anyways, I'm here so I'll check in first, then come back for personals.

Here's today's workout:

Warmup I Walked on TM using inclines from0%-5% and 3.0 to 3.8 mph.
Time= 12 Min
Bpm= 135
Calories burned= 90
Distance= .70 Miles

STS D5, M1,W2- Back & Triceps= 58 min
met=6.0
Calories burned= 475

Total calories burned= 535;)

I'll be back later for personals. Have a great evening girls!

Hugs!;):)

Hi girls;)

Heather- Good call on the warm bath and epsom salts the other day for your leg Doms. Nice job on switching muscle groups to let your legs get some more rest and work your bi's, tri's, and shoulders. I seem to always irritate my right shoulder muscles when I do weights. Its frustrating because I have to go lighter on the right side but I can go heavier on the left side. I guess that's nerve damage due to MS, I'm right side dominant so it sucks. Oh well, ya gotta work with what you can. I have to say Heather seeing the weights you, Jessica, Belinda, and Debbie lift is truly awesome and inspirational. I love HiiT too, I'm doing Turbo Fire and Chalene says not to do more than 3 HiiT workouts a week and not do them on consecutive days. I thought that was interesting. Nice workout today Heather, you rocked it!

Debbie- Great workout today! ^5's! STS Legs are awesome, aren't they? I think STS was a smart weight workout purchase for me. The only trouble I've had with it is I still have trouble doing deadlifts without killing my lower back and my right shoulder hurts if I try to lift heavy, ugh! So, I have to alter my 1 rep max because of that shoulder and low back stuff. You did awesome today girlfriend. How's the knees and shoulder? How's your mom? I hope all is well on all counts.:)

Melissa- I read your post yesterday about your boss and stuff. Ugh, I've been there before it sucks~ I hope you felt better after you spoke up to your boss. If you do quit your current job I'd suggest signing up with a job placement firm. Maybe you could find your dream job that way. I believe everything happens for a reason, you just have find the meaning of it and let it inspire you to move in a positive way towards reaching your goals and dreams. I hate sucky stupid bosses, I don't blame you at all. I bet you felt better after you told your boss how you felt. I like your DH, he's funny but he's right a good workout where you work up a good sweat go along ways to help you feel better and workout that anger and negativity and literally sweat it out of your system. I wish you the best! Now, for your workout today, KPC is totally awesome in my book. 4DS is great and has so much to offer in premixes its like getting 20+ dvds in one workout on two dvds. 4DS legs has some great and tough exercises on there its awesome, so I know you'll get a great sweat goin' from your workout today, Hugs to you!;)

Roxie- I completely understand about not wanting to workout in the hot temps. I turn on the AC and the fans when I workout and it really helps. I just have to do what I can and try to cool down before I start and keep hydrated during the workout. Have a great workout and keep cool as possible and drink lots of ice water. It helps!

Ok, girls that's it for personals today. I just wanted to say Hi and hugs to Belinda, Jolene, Jessica and Chris. I hope you've had a fun over the hump day!

Hugs to everyone, and I'll see ya at tomorrow's check in.;):)

Nora

Good evening,

My nephew came on Monday and didn't leave until last night. He had so much fun with my son. All they did is play football:eek: Lucky for me, I ended up in the gym non stop:p I took a spinning class on Monday, I also went back and used the TreadClimber that night. Today I ran on the TM for 30 min.

Heather thanks for starting us off today. Glad the Epson salt bath helped. Nice weights today, girl.

Debbie, as always I am impressed with your workouts. Sounds like you need a Epson salt bath today, LOL!

Melissa, that’s funny about your DH! He knows you well! Glad the workout helped.

Roxie, wtg on your workout today.

Nora, great job yesterday with STS and your TM workout.

Good night, girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.