CRAZY STRONG AND LOVING IT FOR JULY 13, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I will do a spin class at the gym today!

I am suprised the forum isn't down!

Have a great workout and day, everyone! My bike never showed up, I am pissed:mad:

Hmmm, I wonder what time they are taking down the forums?

Today was cardio and I started doing one of my Cardio Coach mixes. Did the warmup, the 4 minute steady state and then I did the challenge from CC #7, #2. It's the one where you do 10 alternating hill climbs and sprints with 30 second rest between each 1 minute interval. Did well until about the 8th interval and then my hip flexor got really tight and started aching. :(

I finished the challenge and then did a fast pace walk on a 4% incline for the rest of the workout.

Then I did the Ab work from Step, Jump & Pump which felt good. It's been too long since I've done ab work.

I used my foam roller and rolled out my hip flexor. I definitely don't want it to start hurting agian.

CARDIO ONLY STATS:
48 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
14 minutes in zone
29 minutes above zone
365 calories burned
2.6 miles travelled

Hallo girls,

I went spinning at lunch:p OMG! This was a lot of fun. I was sweating my butt off. I will go to Zumba tomorrow, same instructor!

Debbie, the forum wasn't down at all:rolleyes: I logged on this morning no problem! WTG, on that cardio this morning.

I will be back later!

Yay, forum isn't down yet. Thought I was gonna miss you ladies :)

I went for a run this morning - my HR monitor was acting up so I didn't get the calculations right at the end, but I guestimate that it was about a 6 mile run, it was just over an hour and felt really good. I was worried it might feel tougher given Saturday's lengthy run but it actually felt great, so I was pleased :) I need to do abs tonight since I ran longer than anticipated this morning, but Roxie, I promise to do them!!

Belinda - did you love spin?? I LOVE that class! Let me know what you think of Zumba, I am NOT rhythmic so I've never tried it, afraid I'll look like a fool. ;)

Debbie - nice job on the cardio and getting those abs done! I hope your hip flexor is ok, good idea to roll it out. How's the neck?

Hi to Melissa, Chris, Heather, Jo and Roxie!

OMG, you guys have no idea how happy I am to be able to post this morning. I got up at 5:30 and did CCV8, challenges 1 & 3. Was in a great mood until I got to work and started going through my emails...

I need to vent here for a minute, then I'll move on...;) My boss totally undermined me while I was on vaca...:mad: He's been after me for months to set a "no working from home policy" for my group down in Alabama because he never had the 'nads to do it himself. I did so, in writing and verbally with his full knowledge, then he let one of my supvs work from home. Might not sound like a big deal, but it really is. I just can't work for this dude anymore. And I told him so this morning, among other things. I actually even poked him on the shoulder for emphasis..:eek: Felt good, but it's an awful way to start the work-week. I hope I don't get fired since I didn't see any good prospects when I was job-hunting on the 'net yesterday...

Okay, I'm moving on...

Debbie - nice job on your CC workout. I haven't done that challenge in a while. I'll have to revisit.

Belinda - glad you had fun spinning. You'll have to give us a review on Zumba!!

Jessica, Jolene, Heather, Chris, Roxie & Nora: I hope you guys have a great day!!

Belinda - Nice workout with the spinning!!! :eek: I heard that is one tough workout. Not sure I'd like it. Nice job!

Jessica - My neck is ok today. Yesterday it was bothering me but today it seems to be fine. I have no clue what the deal is. :confused: Nice run today! I'm jealous!

Melissa - Just be careful. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've been actively looking for a job since July of 2009 and I still haven't got one. Granted, your economy and job situation maybe better then it is here in Ohio, but I just wanted to tell you to be careful. On the flip side of that, way to go on telling your boss what you think of him. Wish I had the balls to do that. It sucks that we have to work for such spineless people. I can totally relate with you on that subject!

Hi to everyone to come! :)

Melissa - Just be careful. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've been actively looking for a job since July of 2009 and I still haven't got one. Granted, your economy and job situation maybe better then it is here in Ohio, but I just wanted to tell you to be careful. On the flip side of that, way to go on telling your boss what you think of him. Wish I had the balls to do that. It sucks that we have to work for such spineless people. I can totally relate with you on that subject!

Thanks Debbie. I know, I walked back to my office with this "holy crap, what did I just do" feeling. He called me into his office about an hour later and it was the longest walk EVER. We had a heated conversation but I'm still employed...:eek:

Melissa - I say W2G on talking to your boss about it. He can't undermine you that way, that's ridic.

Still blows my mind how all of us fabulous ladies (for the most part) on this thread hate our jobs. We're better than that - we deserve the best, why is that so hard for the economy to understand??

Hey Girls!

Yes, I'm also surprised the forums are up! But glad to see everyone!

Yesterday, after very little sleep (3 hours after working overnight Sunday), I did Turbo Fire HiiT 15 followed by the Tone 30 workout from TF. LOVE the HiiT!!! I can do the moves no problem, and find it easier to push myself hard. The TONE 30 was with Tubing and a band for the legs (a loop). It was HARDER than SCULPT 30, but again, not the intensity that cathe's weight work is. I'm adding in CTX work this week, so I won't miss it. Still, some kind of cool moves on TONE 30 with the bands/tubing.

Today, I did FIRE 45 EZ. ONE of the funnest TF's I think!! (or do I say that about all of them?!?!?). Fun moves, FUN FUN music (Le Freak, Booty Call). Anyhow, dripping wet afterwards, and then did Cathe's CTX Chest. 10 minutes of TOUGH chest work! I was kind of surprised, thinking 10 minutes couldn't be "that bad". LOL!

Did the stretch from CTX at the end.

Belinda: COOL you are trying fun classes at the gym!

Debbie: Good to hear you're back on CC's! I know you love them. Maybe just once a week wouldn't hurt.

Jessica: GREAT going on the long runs!!!

Melissa: NICE job on CC too! Sorry work sucks. Esp after your nice relaxing vacation. What a jerk your boss is. Would anyone else stand up for you there? Like someone OVER your boss? Maybe you could get them on your side and get HIM in trouble?

*Waves* to Heather, Jo, Roxie, and my turbo fire friend NORA!!

Good Morning,

I was going to go for a walk in the park but it was just to hot and humid so I went to the fitness center and did 33 min on the elliptical and then came home and did 200 crunches of different varieties.

Stats:
33 min
32 in the zone
141 min hr
156 max hr
220 cals burned.

Abs:
7 min
0 in the zone
104 min hr
116 max hr
25 cals burned.

Belinda-way to go on the spin class.

Debbie-good job with cc and abs.

Jessica-GET THOSE ABS DONE.

Melissa-way to go telling your boss off wish I could.

Chris-you are making me really want TF.

Oh man, Roxie - 200 crunches! AND an all-caps response, I REALLY better get those abs in tonight. Not to worry - I plan to do the abs from the Kick release I learned when I first got certified. Lots of planks in that puppy!

Chris - Sounds like you are having fun with your Turbo workouts! That's good to hear, I love new and fun workouts. Need to gets me some! LOL!

Roxie - Wow girl, 200 crunches. Doesn't that burn? I bet your abs look really good! Nice job!

I didn't even stop over here b/c I thought it was going to be down. Darn it. I have major DOMS from legs yesterday, but I got in a 5-mile run and abs.

I missed a lot today wow.

Melissa - good for you for standing up for yourself AND glad you're still employed.

As usual, you guys rock! I'm always so impressed.

Hi girls!;)

Yeah! I got my workout done early today, thank goodness.

Here's today's workout:

Turbo Fire- HiiT 20 Class= 22 Min
Calories burned= 300
Met Value= 10.0

Turbo Fire- Stretch 10 Class= 13 Min
Calories burned= 35
Met Value= 2.0

Turbo Fire- Core 20 Class= 22 min
Calories burned= 120
Met Value= 4.0

Total calories burned= 455 ;)

I'm really loving Turbo Fire its a lot of fun and definitely makes you sweat buckets. I'm sort of debating back and forth as to whether I should get the Turbo Fire Advanced dvds only which is 5 more workouts. Any thoughts or comments.

I'll be back later for personals. Have a great day!

Hugs!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.