CRAZY STRONG AND LOVING IT FOR JULY 12, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Hope you had a wonderful and relaxing weekend.

Today starts my recovery week:) Not sure what I will do today?

I plan on taking a spinning class at the gym tomorrow, it's FREE!

My bike gets delivered today:D can't wait!

Have a great Monday and workout. I will be back to report my workout;)

Last edited:
Hallo again,

I just did Travel Fit! Never done it before, thought I give it a try. I plan on doing yoga later.

Have a great day, everyone!

Happy Monday, ladies. I can say that and mean it since I don't have to go back to work until tomorrow...:D

Belinda - what did you think of Travel Fit? I haven't done it yet either. Was it a good workout?

For some reason, I was up at 5:30 this morning..:confused: It is my last day of vaca, maybe my body/mind wants it to last as long as possible!! DH went back to work today and DD is going on a field trip, so I am on my own for the day. What on earth am I going to do with myself?!?!?! I'm thinking I'm going to peruse the internet for a new job. The thought of going back is pushing me to at least see what, if anything, is out there.

After I drop DD off, I'm going to do cardio and 4DS Shoulders, Chest & Back. Was supposed to do shoulders yesterday, but decided to have a rest day instead.

BB when I'm finished....:)

Good morning Melissa,

I thought it was a good workout, I was sweating. Maybe it was the heat:eek: For what ever reason, those green band will not give:confused: that made it tough! My HR didn't go up once:rolleyes: I only burned 134 cal. not a huge cal burner. Got a good burn in my tricpes & shoulders! Have fun with your cardio and 4DS Shoulders, Chest & Back today.

BBL!

Morning ladies! I can't believe it's Monday already - the ONLY thing keeping me going is knowing that on Friday at 3pm, I'm on VACATION for a whole week. I can hardly contain myself - I am so miserable at work (as you know) that this week off is going to do wonders. I can't believe how my attitude has already shifted since setting foot in the office today - I was in a great mood after the weekend too. Hmph, must find a new job ASAP. I'm with you on that one, Melissa! What do you do for work again?

Anyway, onto my workouts - sorry I was MIA this weekend, didn't get a chance to post. BUT I'm SUPER excited to report my longest run yet on Saturday - somewhere between 9 and 9.5-ish miles which was amazing considering I'd never run more than 7 and it was SUPER muggy out. BUT My sis and I (and our friend Steph who's doing the half with us this fall) ran it. I'm so proud!! So needless to say, yesterday was a mandatory rest day. EVERYTHING hurt, and I was super pooped still from that run. Who knew, right?? So today I did STS M2, D22 and M2, D23 (chest/shoulders/tri's and legs) AND I got my abs in too (Roxie will be pleased to hear that). I wanted to get a quasi-full body workout in since I only got one round of weights in last week. It was AWESOME but I was a total sweaty mess by the end. Not a bad thing I suppose ;) And um Low Plane Lunges?? OHHHH those were killer - and of course Cathe put those in the LAST round of trisets too! OWW!!

So personals...
Melissa - ENJOY every minute of your last day of vaca. As you can see, I'm with you on the work sitch, good luck on the job hunt (and the workout!)

Belinda - nice job on travel fit. I like that one, I think I'll bring it with me when I have to travel to Austin at the end of the month for work (just a couple days before the RT too, go figure!)

Hi to Chris, Roxie, Heather, Debbie and Jo!

Hi ladies. Hmph on Monday. Ick. I'm kind of feeling a bit blue today. Hopefully my workout later will help that. I need to do legs. Not sure if I'll do that at lunch or just wait until after work.

Belinda - I think she uses the lightest band for travel fit. I thought it was the green one at first, but if you really look, I think it's the other one. Or, that's my excuse for struggling with that. I could NOT do the shoulder presses period.

Jessica - I hate those low plane lunges too. I'd rather do the plate slide backs all day long!

Melissa - hope you enjoy your last day off.

Waves to Roxie, Nora, Debbie, Jo, and Chris!

Morning ladies! I can't believe it's Monday already - the ONLY thing keeping me going is knowing that on Friday at 3pm, I'm on VACATION for a whole week. I can hardly contain myself - I am so miserable at work (as you know) that this week off is going to do wonders. I can't believe how my attitude has already shifted since setting foot in the office today - I was in a great mood after the weekend too. Hmph, must find a new job ASAP. I'm with you on that one, Melissa! What do you do for work again?

Anyway, onto my workouts - sorry I was MIA this weekend, didn't get a chance to post. BUT I'm SUPER excited to report my longest run yet on Saturday - somewhere between 9 and 9.5-ish miles which was amazing considering I'd never run more than 7 and it was SUPER muggy out. BUT My sis and I (and our friend Steph who's doing the half with us this fall) ran it. I'm so proud!! So needless to say, yesterday was a mandatory rest day. EVERYTHING hurt, and I was super pooped still from that run. Who knew, right?? So today I did STS M2, D22 and M2, D23 (chest/shoulders/tri's and legs) AND I got my abs in too (Roxie will be pleased to hear that). I wanted to get a quasi-full body workout in since I only got one round of weights in last week. It was AWESOME but I was a total sweaty mess by the end. Not a bad thing I suppose ;) And um Low Plane Lunges?? OHHHH those were killer - and of course Cathe put those in the LAST round of trisets too! OWW!!

So personals...
Melissa - ENJOY every minute of your last day of vaca. As you can see, I'm with you on the work sitch, good luck on the job hunt (and the workout!)

Belinda - nice job on travel fit. I like that one, I think I'll bring it with me when I have to travel to Austin at the end of the month for work (just a couple days before the RT too, go figure!)

Hi to Chris, Roxie, Heather, Debbie and Jo!

Um, ditto to what she said ;-) Except I didn't do legs, I did back/bi's and shoulders/tri's/chest - ooouch! That was a doozy. And abs from B&G. My whole body still hurts from that long-ass run on Saturday! Happy Monday all!

Today was Meso 2, Week 2, Disc 16, Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. Had a pretty good workout, actually puke status, but my neck started bothering me again. It was feeling pretty good yesterday but I did some painting and I'm wondering if that could have irritated it again. It was sore last night a little bit. Feels ok now, but I sure could feel it get tight while I was working out. I must tense my neck a lot when I workout. I try not too, but I'm thinking I do. I sure hope this goes away soon.

This workout was using Back-Off Sets. I worked hard and really felt it. I was drained at the end.

Warmup:
Incline Bench Press - 55#/12 reps

Workout:
Incline Bench Press - 85#/12 reps
Incline Bench Press - 85#/10 reps
Incline Bench Press - 85#/8 reps
Incline Bench Press - Back-Off - 55#/15 reps

Incline Flye w/Rotation - 25's/12 reps
Incline Flye w/Rotation - 25's/10 reps
Incline Flye w/Rotation - 25's/8 reps
Incline Flye w/Rotation - Back-Off - 20s/15 reps

Flat Barbell Bench Press - 80#/12 reps
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 80#/10 reps
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 80#/8 reps
Flat Barbell Bench Press - Back- Off - 55#/15 reps

Standing Barbell Front Press - 55#/10 reps
Standing Barbell Front Press - 50#/9 reps
Standing Barbell Front Press - 50#/7 reps
Standing Barbell Front Press - Back-Off- 35#/7 reps
***My neck really bothered me with this one and I started off way too high.

Standing Lateral Raise - 12's/12 reps
Standing Lateral Raise - 12's/10 reps
Standing Lateral Raise - 12's/8 reps
Standing Lateral Raise - Back-Off- 8's/12 reps
***This bothered me too. Traps got really tight here.

Seated Rear Delts - 17's/12 reps
Seated Rear Delts - 17's/10 reps
Seated Rear Delts - 17's/8 reps
Seated Rear Delts - Back-Off - 10's/15 reps

Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extensions - 50#/12 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extensions - 50#/10 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extensions - 50#/8 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extensions - Back-Off - 35#/12 reps

Side Leaning One-Arm Overhead Ext - 15#/12 reps
Side Leaning One-Arm Overhead Ext - 15#/9 reps
Side Leaning One-Arm Overhead Ext - 15#/8 reps
Double-Arm Overhead Extension - Back-Off - 15#/20 reps
***15's killed here. Really felt them.

One-Arm Kickbacks were next but had to skip them due to time.

Belinda - Great job with Travel Fit! Have a nice recovery week! I love my recovery weeks. :)

Melissa - Hope you can find something good with the jobs. I've sent my resume out to a few places last week so I'm hoping to hear from them. I'm sick of looking for a new job. Hope you have better luck then I have had.

Jessica - Woo hoo on your upcoming vacation? Do you have plans to go anywhere? And excellent job on your run! WOW! 9.5 miles! That is extremely awesome!

Heather - Waves back! :)

Jo - Nice job!

Hi to all who comes. Trying to do some personals early because I have a funeral this afternoon. My bosses' dad passed away last week. Hope you all have a great day!

((HUGS)) Heather - I'm with you, feeling blue too - but almost ENTIRELY work related. Hmph. :(

Hi ladies. Hmph on Monday. Ick. I'm kind of feeling a bit blue today. Hopefully my workout later will help that. I need to do legs. Not sure if I'll do that at lunch or just wait until after work.

Belinda - I think she uses the lightest band for travel fit. I thought it was the green one at first, but if you really look, I think it's the other one. Or, that's my excuse for struggling with that. I could NOT do the shoulder presses period.

Jessica - I hate those low plane lunges too. I'd rather do the plate slide backs all day long!

Melissa - hope you enjoy your last day off.

Waves to Roxie, Nora, Debbie, Jo, and Chris!

Um holy crap, Debbie - those weights are intense! Puke status, too! Holy way to work it!!

Yes - vaca next week, heading back to the lake in Maine...and our friends decided to surprise us with a surprise visit from FL so they're flying in Fri-Mon to spend with us at the lake. I am so touched by it, and SO excited that they're coming (went to high school with Amy and she and her husband just got married in Oregon in a vineyard, can't wait to see them!)

Today was Meso 2, Week 2, Disc 16, Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. Had a pretty good workout, actually puke status, but my neck started bothering me again. It was feeling pretty good yesterday but I did some painting and I'm wondering if that could have irritated it again. It was sore last night a little bit. Feels ok now, but I sure could feel it get tight while I was working out. I must tense my neck a lot when I workout. I try not too, but I'm thinking I do. I sure hope this goes away soon.

This workout was using Back-Off Sets. I worked hard and really felt it. I was drained at the end.

Warmup:

Workout:
Incline Bench Press - 85#/12 reps
Incline Bench Press - 85#/10 reps
Incline Bench Press - 85#/8 reps
Incline Bench Press - Back-Off - 55#/15 reps

Incline Flye w/Rotation - 25's/12 reps
Incline Flye w/Rotation - 25's/10 reps
Incline Flye w/Rotation - 25's/8 reps
Incline Flye w/Rotation - Back-Off - 20s/15 reps

Flat Barbell Bench Press - 80#/12 reps
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 80#/10 reps
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 80#/8 reps
Flat Barbell Bench Press - Back- Off - 55#/15 reps

Standing Barbell Front Press - 55#/10 reps
Standing Barbell Front Press - 50#/9 reps
Standing Barbell Front Press - 50#/7 reps
Standing Barbell Front Press - Back-Off- 35#/7 reps
***My neck really bothered me with this one and I started off way too high.

Standing Lateral Raise - 12's/12 reps
Standing Lateral Raise - 12's/10 reps
Standing Lateral Raise - 12's/8 reps
Standing Lateral Raise - Back-Off- 8's/12 reps
***This bothered me too. Traps got really tight here.

Seated Rear Delts - 17's/12 reps
Seated Rear Delts - 17's/10 reps
Seated Rear Delts - 17's/8 reps
Seated Rear Delts - Back-Off - 10's/15 reps

Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extensions - 50#/12 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extensions - 50#/10 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extensions - 50#/8 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extensions - Back-Off - 35#/12 reps

Side Leaning One-Arm Overhead Ext - 15#/12 reps
Side Leaning One-Arm Overhead Ext - 15#/9 reps
Side Leaning One-Arm Overhead Ext - 15#/8 reps
Double-Arm Overhead Extension - Back-Off - 15#/20 reps
***15's killed here. Really felt them.

One-Arm Kickbacks were next but had to skip them due to time.

Belinda - Great job with Travel Fit! Have a nice recovery week! I love my recovery weeks. :)

Melissa - Hope you can find something good with the jobs. I've sent my resume out to a few places last week so I'm hoping to hear from them. I'm sick of looking for a new job. Hope you have better luck then I have had.

Jessica - Woo hoo on your upcoming vacation? Do you have plans to go anywhere? And excellent job on your run! WOW! 9.5 miles! That is extremely awesome!

Heather - Waves back! :)

Jo - Nice job!

Hi to all who comes. Trying to do some personals early because I have a funeral this afternoon. My bosses' dad passed away last week. Hope you all have a great day!

Good Morning,

Day 3 of my vacation and it is heaven not having to go to work. Today is Push Phase 1 and some kind of abs still need to do a stretch to. We have rain moving in so no sunshine for me but I have some deep cleaning here at home that needs done. DH and I went to Topeka yesterday and he bought me some new clothes and then took me out to eat, he is talking about going to the Omaha zoo one day this week he wants to take his daughters who are 24 and 22 since they were little the last time we went.

Heather-hugs hope the blues go away. Do a KB workout tonite maybe it will make you feel better.

Jessica-nice job on the run and getting those abs done. Just remember your vacation is right around the corner.

Jo-good job with your run and getting your abs done.

Belinda-nice job on your workout.

Debbie-those are some awesome wts. be careful with that neck.

Melissa-enjoy your time at home what a great way to end vacation.

Push Phase 1 done decided to do abs tomarrow. I use only dumbbells for these workouts.

Standard Bicep Curl-15lbs/6 reps (up 3lbs down 2 reps).
Standard Squat-20lbs/8 reps.
Single Arm Tricep Extension-10lbs/8 reps each arm.
V-Press Bicep-8lbs/8reps.
Single Leg Squat-15lbs/8 reps each leg.
Overhead Tricep Extension-15lbs/8 reps (up 3lbs).
Hammer Biceps-12lbs/8 reps (up 2lbs).
Heel Squat-15lbs/8 reps.
Push-ups-8 reps all on knees.

Stats:
33 min
26 in the zone
133 min hr
163 max hr
198 cals burned.

Good job girl!

Push Phase 1 done decided to do abs tomarrow. I use only dumbbells for these workouts.

Standard Bicep Curl-15lbs/6 reps (up 3lbs down 2 reps).
Standard Squat-20lbs/8 reps.
Single Arm Tricep Extension-10lbs/8 reps each arm.
V-Press Bicep-8lbs/8reps.
Single Leg Squat-15lbs/8 reps each leg.
Overhead Tricep Extension-15lbs/8 reps (up 3lbs).
Hammer Biceps-12lbs/8 reps (up 2lbs).
Heel Squat-15lbs/8 reps.
Push-ups-8 reps all on knees.

Stats:
33 min
26 in the zone
133 min hr
163 max hr
198 cals burned.

I went home at lunch and did legs. I did drop sets of 4 x 8 except when noted:

Squats - 90, 80, 70, 60
Plie squats - 70, 60, 50, 44 (2 12's + 20lb vest - just to explain odd number)
Static lunges - 70 , 60 , 50, 44
Calves - 3 x 15 @ 100#
Step ups - 60, 50, 40, 30
Deadlifts (with dumbbells) - 35's, 30's, 25's, 20's
Squats with low-end pulse - 1 x8, 70#
Plie squats with low-end pulse - 1 x 8, 70#
Donkey kicks - 2 x 16, 8#
Single leg calf raises - 1 x 20, 20#

Debbie - thanks for the remind. I'm surprised that they are doing maintenance/upgrade during the week.

Hi girls!;)

I'm late so I'll be quick with checking in and unfortunately skip personals tonight.

Here's today's workout:

Turbo Fire- Fire 45 Class=46 Min
Calories burned= 553
Met Value= 9.0

Turbo Fire- Stretch 10 Class= 13 min
calories burned= 35
Met Value= 2.0

STS-D4,M1, W2- Chest, Shoulders, & Bi's= 55 Min
Calories burned= 451
MET Value= 6

Total calories burned= 1039

Okay girls I hope everyone had a great Monday and a fun workout today. Hellos and Hugs to :
Debbie, Chris, Roxie, Belinda, Jolene, Jessica, and Melissa. See ya all tomorrow at the check in and I hope to be checking in at a decent time and do personals.

Hugs!;)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.